PDA

View Full Version : surefire 628 dedicated forend light for GSG-5

Shahzeb
17-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Hey guys,
I'm not sure if this thread is supposed to be placed here so forgive me if i did. I wanted to ask you where can i find the Surefire 628 for a GSG-5/MP5 type weapon. It was made for the MP5 but i know for a fact that it IS compatible with the GSG-5. Also, i wanted the mention that it retails for about 250-300 dollars so are there any other cheaper variants out there-not of surefire, any other company. i would appreciate it if owners can tell me where they purchased their's from,

Regards,
Shahzeb

Shahzeb
21-09-2010, 03:17 PM
wow! i'm surprised no one has answered this thread yet :/

mhrehman
22-09-2010, 02:46 AM
Bro as far as I know the best one is the 628, I have one but because of the rules I cannot mention the name of the rifle. Secondly, some airsoft type options, actually many options are available on the net, and most of them do deliver to Pakistan. Another solution, but I don't advise it, is you can put a rail foreend and install whatever you want, but this option is quiet expensive, more of a professional thing if you require one.

Shahzeb
22-09-2010, 08:43 PM
first off, mhrehman, thank you for replying. I "get" the rifle that your mentioning and i need it for the same submachine gun not a gsg-5 but since i couldn't mention it on this form because of certain rules. What i want to know is that are the airsoft one's durable enough to handle the heat produced during sustained fire (if you get what i mean ;) ) Lastly, i've heard the forearm light of classic army (an airsoft company) is used on the gsg-5 but will it work on my particular weapon?
Thanks again!

mhrehman
25-09-2010, 02:52 AM
Bro you are most welcome, I'll be clear for sake of saving time and I really hope that the mods won't mind. The thing is that the 628 as far as I know is meant for the MP5 type weapons, and is a dedicated foreend only for the MP5 type series and is not a universal type of light, and its made up to mil-spec standards. I have never personally used the airsoft ones, but I know for sure that most probably they will not hold up to the rate of fire and the heat the MP5 produces, i.e 900 rounds per minute. I hope that this clears it up a bit for you bro.

Shahzeb
25-09-2010, 09:34 PM
thanks! and it's crystal clear for me! I needed it for my soon to come MP5 and a home defense gun is useless without a flashlight so i think when it comes to your own safety, money shouldn't be an issue and i'll bring back a 628 when i go to america-hope i don't have any problems bringing it back with me. And umm..sorry if i offended any mods on this one!

jagga
28-09-2010, 06:29 PM
$390 is way more than i am willing to pay for a forestock with a light

i am planning on getting a custom wood forestock made fitted with a light of my choice