PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 92FS problem??

Shahzeb
15-09-2010, 09:35 PM
my beretta's DA/SA mechanism is screwed up! After every shot, i have to rack the slide! The DA doesn't work. Check out the video on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ7-iklNTl0. i don't know what's happened. please help and advise. i also got my first double feed!

Abu Al Hawl
15-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Shahzeb i can see more grass on the ground than the problem, please trim it soon :lol:

Denovo87
15-09-2010, 09:48 PM
After watching the vid and the problem I strongly suggest to take your gun to a reliable gunsmith, dont ask anyone (on or off the forum) for tweaks ...

Mastermind
15-09-2010, 09:49 PM
some problem with me few days back. i don't think its the problem with the DA/SA mechanism. i think the problem with the ammo you are using. i change my ammo my problem is solve i say first you change the ammo hopefully your problem will be end if not go to the good gun smith.

Faisji
15-09-2010, 09:57 PM
How old is gun?
What ammo are using?
Did you clean the gun throughly after purchase(if using for the frist time)?

Shahzeb
15-09-2010, 10:15 PM
@Abu Al Hawl will do! but that's my village so..
@mastermind actually no, the ammo's not at fault. I fired the same ammo through my Taurus 24/7 pro and it fired without a malfunction even though taurus's have a reputation to be ammo sensitive (that vid's also on my youtube channel).
@Faisji the gun's pretty old. I'm using Norinco ammo and yes, i keep all my guns properly cleaned and lubed.
@Denovo87 i will take it to a gunsmith, but i'm a bit busy nowdays.

Faisji
15-09-2010, 10:33 PM
The age of the gun suggests a problem with locking block on the gun.Also the gun is exhibiting signs having debris in the slide/frame area.Have it checked by a competent gunsmith asap.Good luck

someone_001
15-09-2010, 10:36 PM
try with a different clip + different ammo + give it to a friend to try couple of shots and let us know the results

MHMalik
16-09-2010, 01:49 AM
Try switching springs.. might help.. but best advice is to take it to a gunsmith..

AK47
16-09-2010, 02:22 AM
My downlink is too slow, so can't watch your vid right now, nor the gun or the grass! ;)

Yet, since you mention double feed, it may be some irregularity with the mags. Have you tried changing them? :rolleyes:

Vik
16-09-2010, 03:03 AM
don't play with it further. as suggested earlier take it to a good gunsmith.

Shahzeb
16-09-2010, 03:48 PM
yeah it looks like i'll be making another trip to a gunsmith! (first i had a broken firing pin) And as for the double feed, since this gun has been used extensively, the mag (used in the video) shows some damage in the sense that it's lips have loosened. I mean when i compare it to the others-while loaded with 15 rounds, the bullet seems to be a bit "higher" compared to the rest. Anyway, i'll upload the pics here so you guys can get what i'm saying-but later when i have time (i'm at school right now :D ) Thank you all for replying!

GUNFREAK
16-09-2010, 04:24 PM
BTW how old is the gun.

regards

Shahzeb
16-09-2010, 05:00 PM
@gunfreak i don't know exactly but by its condition, it certainly looks old. probably 4-7 years but i'm not sure

Saleemullahkhan
16-09-2010, 10:19 PM
to me it seems ammo problem.. as i myself use to have problem with Chinese ammo with 92FS

gun_craze
17-09-2010, 11:39 PM
not an expert as senior members are, but i think change ur ammo and try... if u face the same problem go to some gunsmith :)

ALI BABA
18-09-2010, 06:37 PM
i think that prob is in mags

ALI BABA
18-09-2010, 06:46 PM
take it to a good gunsmith and yes do share problem with us that where did the prob belong

Skeeter60
18-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Very Good suggestions by brothers. The Beretta 92FS no doubt a lemon; at least has reliable functioning.
As pointed out by worthy and experienced members it is the magazines.
I think I saw one failure to eject ? if that is the case then there is a serious problem. I would never never keep a handgun that dare malfunction in my hands.
Sell it and buy a decent hand gun.Revert to the posts of Gilani Sahab and you can than decide which one to buy

A.Abbas
19-09-2010, 02:18 AM
I owned 92fs for sometime and the little knowledge I have from my experience,

from the video it seem to me, first problem FTE, probably your fingers were on the ejector when to you racked the slide or may be ejector spring is too hard, if this is the case, you may damage your ejector next time.

Second one seem to be a mag problem, next time shake the mag by hitting its base on your palm, and also check the lips of your mag if they are opened up a bit more than normal(but in this case you will have the problem on the second last round only).

Most of the local mags usually give these kind of problems

If both problem are not as I conceived, get it repaired and replace :(

imranmakoowala
19-09-2010, 02:39 PM
hi friends,

In my little experience try use another good imported ammunition( bullets) problem.

have a good day.