PDA

View Full Version : Opinion requested for .22 rifle

Vik
15-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Aoa
I saw Browning BAR .22 rifle today.
http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=022B&cat_id=021&type_id=001&content=semi-auto-22-grade-i-firearms

Just fell in luv with it instantly. But it seems its a deer rifle. Am not into hunting so far.
I need .22 for sports. For scoring on those targets. But on the other hand I am itching to get this Browning BAR.

All opinions are more than welcome. And suggestions for other .22 rifles.

Skeeter60
16-09-2010, 01:10 AM
I am the proud owner of one of these .22s. It is a great gun designed by the greatest; John Moses Browning

Vik
16-09-2010, 01:34 AM
Sir Skeetor
Do you have this one.
http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=022B&cat_id=021&type_id=001&content=semi-auto-22-grade-i-firearms

Skeeter60
16-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Sir Skeetor
Do you have this one.

Yes exactly the same.
If you want to start serious Match shooting go to PNS Karsaz and seee the shooting team train over there. The rifles they use are Anshutz model 1913

Txshooter
16-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Nice Browning Vic. As for options, try out the armscor .22 semi in the AK shape. I just started taking mine to the range and am absolutely in love with it. Initially it had a small glitch in the magazine , causing fte but a 2 minute adjustment and it shoots like a dream. And since competition shooting is not your goal, this one is great for regular target practice or plinking.

Gunpsycho
16-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Vic Bro Price and Dealer? :)

Vik
16-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Yes Sir Skeetor, I do want to start serious comp shooting. thanks. Sir, any idea about the Pak price of Anschutz 1913.

GP bro, dealer is AlHaris,DHA. Even If you don't want to buy It you must see It to believe It.
150K. NIB so they say. :D . If you want we can go together.

Thanks TX Bro,i am not very fond of AK47 shaped .22, for the very reason you wrote.
TX bro, do you prone shooting. Or standing and kneeling shooting.

Vik
16-09-2010, 06:34 PM
I was at another website and they said if you want to do serious shooting get a single action
bolt rifle.22. And they said BAR .22 is not appropriate for olympic style shooting.
But BAR .22 is class of its own.

But than again dil ka koi kia kare. Brothers, still open for more suggestions. I think i am getting somewhere in decision making process.

thanks

Txshooter
17-09-2010, 12:17 AM
@vik- standing shooting.

Vik
17-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Thanks TX shooter.

Vik
17-09-2010, 01:07 AM
Its Browning SA-22. Sorry for the mistake. I am copy/pasting from another website.

The Browning SA22 is probably the best field rifle in 22 rimfire that was ever invented. It is light, a take down, well made and accurate. Not only does it work well, but it comes apart with no tools and it is elegant in design. What is not to like about a SA22?

Survivalist
17-09-2010, 01:57 AM
Its Browning SA-22. Sorry for the mistake. I am copy/pasting from another website.

The Browning SA22 is probably the best field rifle in 22 rimfire that was ever invented. It is light, a take down, well made and accurate. Not only does it work well, but it comes apart with no tools and it is elegant in design. What is not to like about a SA22?

Any idea of SA22 price pls?

Vik
17-09-2010, 02:53 AM
@Survivalist, its 150k.

Skeeter60
17-09-2010, 10:50 AM
@VIK
Brother the Browning is a must have for any rifle lover / collecter. It is no Target shooting rifle but more accurate than most other .22s.
It is a take down rifle which breaks into two small parts and can be re assembled in seconds.
Its firing pin doubles as the ejecter, it is cocked from under the reciever and has a bottom ejection. It has two extracters and the firing pin covers two points of the rim fire ammo.
With these arrangements, Misfire ( not uncommon in rim fire ammo ) is literally not likely, Failure to Eject, Failure to Feed are completely weeded out.
The moment one brings this little darling to the shoulder one is struck by the precision of the sights and straight away a very serious and accurate rifles feeling is given to the be holder.

Gunpsycho
17-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Vik Bro when is ur next vist to Alharis will go together just call me i can be there in less then 5mins :) :)

Survivalist
19-09-2010, 12:10 AM
@Survivalist, its 150k.

Thanks Bro.

Survivalist
19-09-2010, 12:14 AM
@VIK
Brother the Browning is a must have for any rifle lover / collecter. It is no Target shooting rifle but more accurate than most other .22s.
It is a take down rifle ....

I have seen one similiar (clone) made in China long ago available in local market at Punjab Arms (Not PARA but near Regal in street) , pls correct me if I am forgetting!

Dr Hanif Malik
19-09-2010, 07:42 AM
china is making good clones of brno .22s jws 15 old and clone of cz usa 452,in pakistan availabilty is not confirm :)

Survivalist
02-03-2011, 04:46 PM
@VIK
It is a take down rifle which breaks into two small parts and can be re assembled in seconds.
Its firing pin doubles as the ejecter, it is cocked from under the reciever and has a bottom ejection. It has two extracters and the firing pin covers two points of the rim fire ammo.
With these arrangements, Misfire ( not uncommon in rim fire ammo ) is literally not likely, Failure to Eject, Failure to Feed are completely weeded out.
The moment one brings this little darling to the shoulder one is struck by the precision of the sights and straight away a very serious and accurate rifles feeling is given to the be holder.

Dear Sir, I have found one SA22 made in Japan, like it most and serve survival purpsose well, please advice what to pay as asking price is 75k? I have to make decision today?