PDA

View Full Version : Does Airgun Help?

Vik
14-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Aoa

I have started to shoot ordinary airgun(not air rifle). Is this going to help me with .22 rifle
and than to bigger cal.

Or is it just a waste of time. Looking forward for some replies.

Best Regards
Vik

shahroze
14-09-2010, 07:00 PM
it may help a liitle

Gilani
14-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Air gun shooting is a very good way of improving one's shooting skills. Is cheap and can be done at any convenient place. Please do it on a paper target and concentrate on making smaller groups.

Vik
14-09-2010, 08:34 PM
I will try Gilani saheb. I am using OLD crossman pump action airgun.
And use Diamond Brand 2# pellets.

Avais
14-09-2010, 08:58 PM
This is one of the best way rather to my opinion its the first appropriate stair in rifle shooting. I did the same way 30 years before and now operating big rifle calibers smoothly. Some of my friends who started directly with big calibers really are a bad shot.

Haider Shah
14-09-2010, 11:20 PM
This practice will make you control your breath and ability to pull trigger without aiming off and ofcourse will refine your skills rergarding gun safety/handling. Beside this Starlings are on their way you may bag them in abundance, regards

rover
17-09-2010, 12:36 PM
avais bro is right,airguns r the first step of big bore rifle shooting.

wasifali89
17-09-2010, 02:26 PM
I will try Gilani saheb. I am using OLD crossman pump action airgun.
And use Diamond Brand 2# pellets.

your gun is good but you are ruining ur skills by using the local AMMO
id post here my post that was clear that the local pellets are waste of time and everything

they keep on making a group to the left or the right and are a pain in the head

use some decent imported pellets ...... whatever you can find

wasifali89
17-09-2010, 02:38 PM
here

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4203&p=9

post 210 ....... that would tell u abt my experience

Vik
17-09-2010, 03:51 PM
here

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4203&p=9

post 210 ....... that would tell u abt my experience

Last night I read it all. Thanks. Wasif Ali89.

hunter468
17-09-2010, 05:01 PM
wasifali89 bro thanks for sharing link

Tipu
17-09-2010, 10:41 PM
well air gun is the best way to improve your shoting skills.but could you plz share some pics of your OLD crossman pump action airgun?

Regards,

Tipu

Avais
17-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Thanks rover brother for endorsing my opinion.

Vik
18-09-2010, 03:05 AM
well air gun is the best way to improve your shoting skills.but could you plz share some pics of your OLD crossman pump action airgun?

Regards,

Tipu

InshaAllah on Saturday.

Vik
18-09-2010, 03:10 AM
WasifAli89, you are correct regarding Diamond pellets. But I have 2 boxes left need to finish those.

Vik
18-09-2010, 03:33 AM
This practice will make you control your breath and ability to pull trigger without aiming off and ofcourse will refine your skills rergarding gun safety/handling. Beside this Starlings are on their way you may bag them in abundance, regards

True i think something is going on with my breathing during airgunning.
I don't get this part,"and ability to pull trigger without aiming off".

Starlings are so beautiful don't you think. I trying to get hit crows. But they are sneaky.

Rasal.Saleh
18-09-2010, 10:48 AM

True i think something is going on with my breathing during airgunning.
I don't get this part,"and ability to pull trigger without aiming off".

Starlings are so beautiful don't you think. I trying to get hit crows. But they are sneaky.

Vik bhai this means that when you pull the trigger the force applied by your finger causes the aim of the gun to shift.
And when shooting with big bore rifles on long ranges the slight movement of the hand translates into a very large movement in the POI of the bullet, so the practice with the air rifle helps in reducing this slight movement.
Also remember the importance of the follow through, that is do not move your rifle until you see the bullet strike the target.

Regards

maverick880
18-09-2010, 11:55 AM
i too agree with all my above fellows, it really helps, patience stemina and breath control improves which are very important in shooting

wasifali89
18-09-2010, 04:07 PM
WasifAli89, you are correct regarding Diamond pellets. But I have 2 boxes left need to finish those.

i must say to stop using those if they are old
if they are fresh then its not an issue

why i said if they are old is that i had a box for over a year

and i wonder if i can find it now to send you pictures..... the pellets have gone dark as if they are rottening
and also that they have lost strength..... as if they are getting old or something

i am literally against these pellets now , not only for accuracy but for gun's long life as well

wasifali89
18-09-2010, 04:10 PM
u must have observed that these pellets are not uniform ..... one fits the gun properly while the second is either to big and needs to be pushed in..... or to small that it falls down the barrel. sometimes the pellet fits in and there are open spaces as if the pellet doesnt acquire the complete circumfrence

now here is what i call gun's life... because the amount of pressure it looses empty decreases the spring life (as in case of blank firing).... and if its too hard to fit it...... there are issues to be seen in the barrel

Skeeter60
18-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Aoa

I have started to shoot ordinary airgun(not air rifle). Is this going to help me with .22 rifle
and than to bigger cal.

Best Regards
Vik

It is the best way to go. If it is accurate it will be an excellent aid to marksmanship

Vik
18-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Thanks all Pakgunners for your comments. WasifAli89. I will just fire 400 rounds of Diamond and than its goodbye Diamond.
I will start with Irani and Gamo pellets. Thanks.

Dear Brother's can you please tell me about the "bipods","stands" or support for Airgun.
Thanks all.

Vik
18-09-2010, 09:38 PM
thanks Sir Skeeter.

Rasal.Saleh
18-09-2010, 10:30 PM
@ Vik, you can make a Bi pod at home.
There are a lot of ways to make one.
Try youtubing it.
if you cant find it we will figure something out...

regards

Usman Rana
18-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Aoa

and than to bigger cal.

Best Regards
Vik

It is the best way to go. If it is accurate it will be an excellent aid to marksmanship
Air gun helps to control breath and good for marksman ship but i think big cal rifle need more skills and experience.b coze of jerk.Rifle needs more firm control.

Vik
19-09-2010, 02:14 AM
@ Vik, you can make a Bi pod at home.
There are a lot of ways to make one.
Try youtubing it.
if you cant find it we will figure something out...

regards

Sure Rasal Bhi. Will InshaAllah keep you posted.

Virk
19-09-2010, 02:34 AM
Air gun will help, but switch it soonest with any Rifle.