PDA

View Full Version : holding the gun slide?

babaz7
13-09-2010, 03:31 PM
if i hold the gun slide with a tight grip will the weapon fire?

i know one will go off if the bullet is in the chamber but will it go off again if i hold the slide?

Denovo87
13-09-2010, 03:41 PM
If you are holding the slide you are restricting the gun from cycling, so it will not have anything in chamber to fire, and you also will not be interested going for second shot by cycling it manually with bruised hand (that was used to stop the slide) ...

babaz7
13-09-2010, 03:56 PM
If you are holding the slide you are restricting the gun from cycling, so it will not have anything in chamber to fire, and you also will not be interested going for second shot by cycling it manually with bruised hand (that was used to stop the slide) ...

so holding the slide is no use? for example in a worst case scenario if someone grips the slide of the assailants gun will he still be alive or that was a bad idea..?

Denovo87
13-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Now you are talking, if you get a chance hold the slide try putting one finger between hammer n firing pin that will restrict hammer to fall on striker pin & letting the round go off. otherwise just holding a cocked pistol will no way stop it to fire the chambered round, but again in case this round is a miss assailant will be out off ammo for next shot.

Starfish
13-09-2010, 04:38 PM
you can push the slide backwards over the frame using your hands. This will put the gun out of battery and it wont fire.

MIdreesTaj
13-09-2010, 04:49 PM
or if we are talking about a Beretta 92 type pistol where the barrel protrudes from slide... pushing the muzzle in will half way unlock the breech and pressing the trigger will not let the hammer fall. So it is recommended to keep the muzzle away from assilant's body inorder to operate the pistol. Pushing against body a Beretta 92 just does not work.

PUNJTANI5
13-09-2010, 06:54 PM
if u hold tthe slide of a loaded and cocked gun it will certainly fire and hurt u from any end

if u r the firer ur hand will be hurt or there may be no hand to hurt
if u r on the recievibg end and hold the slide the gun will fire and harm u but for the firer to make second shot , he will have to slide the gun and rack the second bullet in the chamber

if u hold the slide like when u slide / cycle the gun back to rack a bullet or like the slide gets open in the position after the final shot is fired , it will not fire

an open slide will not fire

i hope u get the answer clearly and in proper detail

Moeen
13-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Salam All,
Firstly, please noone should try any of whats mentioned above. The hammer is faster acting than one's whole arm moving to restrict or furthermore move the slide back in the motion discussed. A bullet entering through the armpit region is very much likely to cause collapsed lung if not mostly other organ related fatality.
This subject should NOT be discussed. We are NOT Mel Gibson or Jet Li from Lethal Weapon 4 - this is NOT Hollywood, bollywood, or Lollywood.
And since the time I have been coming online on this forum there are NO Super Hero members here.... Only human beings.

babaz7
13-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Salam All,
Firstly, please noone should try any of whats mentioned above. The hammer is faster acting than one's whole arm moving to restrict or furthermore move the slide back in the motion discussed. A bullet entering through the armpit region is very much likely to cause collapsed lung if not mostly other organ related fatality.
This subject should NOT be discussed. We are NOT Mel Gibson or Jet Li from Lethal Weapon 4 - this is NOT Hollywood, bollywood, or Lollywood.
And since the time I have been coming online on this forum there are NO Super Hero members here.... Only human beings.

sir im not saying the person should stand in front..i mean standing on the side and just gripping the gun so the slide on the gun doesnt move back to load a new bullet in chamber..and i also said if its the last option and that person is willing to kill you..you will obviously try to get hold of the gun.

Aquarius
13-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Well said Moeen Bhai... ;)

Starfish
13-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Salam All,
+1!!!

PUNJTANI5
13-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Salam All,

i agree 50000% with moeen bhai

PUNJTANI5
13-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Salam All,

sir im not saying the person should stand in front..i mean standing on the side and just gripping the gun so the slide on the gun doesnt move back to load a new bullet in chamber..and i also said if its the last option and that person is willing to kill you..you will obviously try to get hold of the gun.

babaz bhaiyya

mix my statement and moeen bhai's statement and u will get a very potent answer

and for someone who is holding a gun to your face

get a side and hold his wrist and lift it towards sky
twist his wrist and the gun will fall down

the kick the assailant in the balls and then
feed him an ample supply of kicks in guts and ribs

PUNJTANI5
13-09-2010, 09:35 PM
but u will have 2 be a marshal arts expert to do that

other wise start begging for your life to live today to get revenge legally tomorrow

preservance of your own life is also sunnat

babaz7
13-09-2010, 09:50 PM
but u will have 2 be a marshal arts expert to do that

other wise start begging for your life to live today to get revenge legally tomorrow

preservance of your own life is also sunnat

haha right on ;) and punjtani saab i actually do martials arts :cool: i was just asking cause im relitivly new to guns thats why

anyway thankyou everyone who contributed to my knowledge :)

fahadkhalid
13-09-2010, 10:22 PM
babaz bhai. first of all, God forbid when faced with a gun i am sure you wont be thinking "hmmm lets push/grab the slide of his gun..." like moeen bhai said your not jet li and in real life the only thing jet li would have been holding would be his pee. And majority BGs come equiped with a TT and she is in its self a bitch to dissassemble in a hurry. My advice to you would if you ever (God forbid) come under such a situation, practice drawin your weapon from your holestor from under your clothes if you CC and practice raising the BGs arm towards the sky and firing point blank at his midsection. Because in such a case if he has an acomplice behind him, you have a human shield and if his accomplice is behind u after the first 2 shots (which can be fired very fast) turn around and give your full undivided attention to the other guy. The just my two cents.

MIdreesTaj
14-09-2010, 12:32 AM
I see brother babaz7 is trying to ask you exactly what would happen if this is carried out in actual.. like we all know and have seen it in movies... rather than he would try it at home. I assume we all know the consequences of tampering with gun powder.

Brother babaz7 it would be actually very abrupt and well not under control sort of launching of the bullet. Just like tampering with the external ballistics of the round. It depends on the caliber in use and by saying caliber we are talking about the amount of gun powder in question, burning rate, peak pressures.

For example .357sig would be more abrupt than 9mm and 9mm will be more abrupt than .45acp with respect to the kick they generate at their peak preak levels and how fast they get the slide moving/accelerated or... how hard it smahes backwards in simple words.

Now the hand in question, if it is on the slide will eventually retard./hinder its backward movement if not able to cease it completely. Try to think and you will know it would be quite very much hard for a human hand grip to completely cease slide thurst. So eventually i WILL move in a retarded way and you can imagine that will certainly bruise the hand. This is the point most of the members are trying to clear you.

Yes this retarded movement on the other hand will SURELY flaw both the spent case ejection or even complete extraction let alone the chambering of next round from the magazine.

AK47
14-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Honestly, this is "hawaii" discussion! No comments, else than +1 to Moeen!

babaz7
14-09-2010, 01:15 AM
thanks to all again..and by the way im not saying i would ever do that in a actuall case,i was just giving an example.

so its clear that by holding the slide the first round will fire but the second one will have trouble reloading...i was just curious because my friend has a TT and when you cock it and press against your hand it does not fire..so i was wondering if you hold the slide and grip it maybe it will not fire either...

everyone who has a TT cock it and press against your hand so the slide moves back slightly it will not fire.

and ofcourse do this with a empty gun..you dont want to blow a hole in your hand.

babaz7
14-09-2010, 01:20 AM
and this was just for my own knowlegde only...im not saying im jet lee or jackie chan its was for informational purposes only.

Gilani
14-09-2010, 09:27 PM
+1 Moeen and AK47 sahib. I have also not understood the purpose of this discussion and the lengthy comments that have been made. :)

MIdreesTaj
14-09-2010, 10:41 PM
AK47 and Gilani Sb that was brain storming...
atleast I enjoyed Mr. babaz7 question as it also has a lot of crisp underneath...

mhrehman
15-09-2010, 02:13 AM
+1 Moeen and AK47 sahib. I have also not understood the purpose of this discussion and the lengthy comments that have been made. :)

I think the statement says it all.

MHMalik
15-09-2010, 02:45 AM
what about holding a revolvers cylinder then? will that twist the shooters hand? :cool:

j/k

Denovo87
15-09-2010, 09:15 PM
what about holding a revolvers cylinder then? will that twist the shooters hand? :cool:

j/k

That will be a good test to see which one of your hands is more powerful ;) and you can do this on empty cylinder rather SHOULD NEVER BE TRIED WITH LOADED CYLINDER ..