PDA

View Full Version : Airgun for hunting.

zer0 tolerance
10-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Hi guys, I am new to pak guns and in love with the passion pak gun members share . I am going to get a fire arm on my 17th birthday as promised by my father but till then i need an airgun with which i can further improve my aiming and can also hunt small games such as rabbits as we go for hunting quite frequently. I want an airgun which wont fail me in front of my cousins when hunting. While going through all the air gun threads in special interest forum i was able to found out that gamo shadow 1000 was the gun which fits my use and offers both power and accuracy but it is nothing compared to Diana guns. So what i am seeking for is opinion from fellow pak gunners and experienced airgun users such as Dr hanif saheb,wasif bhai,kage fox and tareen bhai on what airgun will best suit me and offers power and accuracy and durability and is good for hunting and falls in the price range of 15k-25k. I would also appreciate if you guys are able to shed some light on turkish airguns such as Hatson 125 model and its availability in pakistan. You can take a glance at the gun in the following video:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpxhW4DH6Fw&feature=related
http://www.hatsan.com.tr/airguns_mod_125.asp

Mani
10-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Gamo Shadow 1000

zer0 tolerance
10-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Mani why did you choose gamo between the two, do you have any reason then please post as it would really help me.

"King Of Kings"
10-09-2010, 11:17 PM
go for diana guns.they are reliable and long lasting

regards,

Avais
11-09-2010, 12:18 AM
Diana no 2 model 35 without lock. REASON: simple machanism, well balanced and to my experience good for beginner.

zer0 tolerance
11-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Well for what price i would get a diana model 35 NIB or slighltly used will it fall in my budget?

Gilani
11-09-2010, 11:44 PM
NIB Diana 35 would be around 35-36 K :)

Topak
12-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Diana 35 is well built gun. i am not in favor of gamo. or if you can find any BSA.

zer0 tolerance
12-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the update gilani saheb!

Gilani
12-09-2010, 12:16 PM
What is the current market price of Hatsan 125. Is it available in the market? Do not know much about it :)

zer0 tolerance
13-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Gilani Saheb i read about this air gun in the forum so i liked the specifications so i wsas wondering whether it was available in pakistan or not, Well i dont know much about Hatson company but my cousion told me that he saw one in one of the shops near lucky star a year back.

zer0 tolerance
13-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Does anyone know about the availability of BSA airguns in pakistan.

PUNJTANI5
13-09-2010, 09:45 PM
gamo is best

or good pakistani made exportquality break action airgun the expensiver ther better

diana is too costly

if u get a daisy red rider or buck master for plinking it is also good but the pellet is .177

jagga
14-09-2010, 06:03 PM
the last diana 35 was made in 1987 so finding one in perfect running order will not be easy,the hatsan is powerfull but made of very cheap plastic which breaks very easily and has bad build quality.the recoil is so bad that it will destroy most optics or make them move on the rail

if money was not an issue what is the best air rifle available at the moment in lahore?

sikander zaman1
14-09-2010, 06:06 PM
PUNJTANI5 can you tell us the name of good pakistani airgun

zer0 tolerance
14-09-2010, 07:38 PM
PUNJANTI5 looking forward for your answer on the name of a good export quality airgun made in pakistan.

Gilani
14-09-2010, 08:09 PM
the last diana 35 was made in 1987 so finding one in perfect running order will not be easy,the hatsan is powerfull but made of very cheap plastic which breaks very easily and has bad build quality.the recoil is so bad that it will destroy most optics or make them move on the rail

if money was not an issue what is the best air rifle available at the moment in lahore?
Jagga bhai, are you sure no Diana 35 have not been manufactured after 1987? Can you give any source for this information.
Thanks for the information about Hatson. On the Hatson website, they look quite impressive, and like all Turkish weapons, have an excellent finish which straightaway hooks a buyer.

jagga
14-09-2010, 08:27 PM
brother gilani i also like the look of the hatsan and the power is excellent the only issue is the heavy recoil but i suppose it could be controlled with a proper artillery hold, i reckon it would be an excellent gun for hunting using open sights
and i would consider purchasing one when i arrive back home.It all depends on if i am able to import the new air rifle i have just purchased.either way i need a powerful and accurate air rifle to use back home so that i can start to train some of the youths in my family to shoot

i read about the diana here
http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2008/05/diana-35-always-contender.html

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2005/12/diana-35-big-brother-to-model-27.html

over twenty years ago i sent a original 50 (diana) as a gift to my uncle in pindi
spares are still available here in the uk so if you have a old diana which needs a refurb then just get in touch i will be happy to help

hehe i just dropped a squirrel at 35 yards with a heavy crosswind and a instant kill with a perfect headshot i was surprised by the amount of blood

jagga
15-09-2010, 03:48 AM
i would like to buy a new hatsan or diana model 54 or magnum 350 from lahore anybody know where i can get one.please post the full address and phone number

"King Of Kings"
15-09-2010, 02:46 PM
i would like to buy a new hatsan or diana model 54 or magnum 350 from lahore anybody know where i can get one.please post the full address and phone number

as i mentioned in my earlier posts that DIANA 350 MAG is available in lahore neela gunbad. I saw in one shop i dnt remember the shop name and phone no but its in the basement and the guy's name is RUSTAM KHAN. asking price was 55k

good luck for the purchase

regards,

jagga
15-09-2010, 04:23 PM
ill be looking for that shop and the gun on the day i land in lahore :)

brother i would really appreciate a phone number because it may save me a wasted journey and that way i could reserve the gun for me