PDA

View Full Version : Expert openion requested for CZ BRNO 511

Survivalist
10-09-2010, 12:49 AM
I have located a used CZ BRNO 511 .22 LR rifle, it is semi auto with following specs.

http://s4.postimage.org/AJimi.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVAJimi)

Courtesy Wikipedia "The CZ 511 is a semi-automatic .22LR rifle made by ?eská Zbrojovka Uherský Brod at the ?eská Zbrojovka Strakonice factory in Strakonice, Czech Republic. They had stopped selling the rifle to the USA at one point, but there became a high demand for them in the USA, and they started to import them again. It features a walnut stock, iron sights, an 8 round detachable magazine, and an 11 mm dovetail groove on the receiver to mount a scope on."

How does it compare in durability, performance and accuracy and is it a better option in used condition for sgame hunting/survival. I checked that by just unscrewing a screw, barrel & bolt/action can be seperated in two and may be kept in 2 feet long box/Bug-out-Bag (Camelback rucksack in my case) for easy transportation/carry. Other alternative is my eyecandy G22.

Kashif Baig
15-09-2010, 07:39 PM
CZ 511 is an improved model of BRNO 581 and these rifles were very popular in Europe and The USA. CZ started manufacturing these rifles in late 50's. If you can get it then go for it as it is worth buying. I have bought one 581 from Nila Gumbad and am quite happy with it. If you can find a spare mag then do inform me I am interested in buying it.

Also inform what is the price of model 511 you are interested in.

alinawaz
15-09-2010, 07:58 PM
there was one for sale at essa khan arms dealer opposite para a few weeks back. asking was 20k i think.

Survivalist
15-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Thanks Ali & Kashf sb, I already checked from EsaKhan and he was asking 35 and finally setteled at 25 which was not acceptable to me, I bought a BRNO Model 2 Bolt Action and am very happy with its accuracy and durability. But still I would like to have a semi on another license sometime later. Thanks again.

arawan
28-09-2010, 02:32 PM
I have this rifle (CZ511), its really a good one. This rifle is famous for its aiming capability. These rifles were imported with single magzines. This rifle cannot be compared with some other excellent versions like voere (Austria) but it has its own features (mainly is smartness and light-weight). I will try to send the pics.

arawan
28-09-2010, 02:35 PM
If somebody else has the same rifle, please share the experiences

jagga
28-09-2010, 06:20 PM
its a very well made and accurate piece

Dr Hanif Malik
28-09-2010, 07:54 PM
@survivalist,brother congrates for model 2 and rate was not bad of 511 also,what did you pay for brno model 2???

Survivalist
28-09-2010, 09:24 PM
@survivalist,brother congrates for model 2 and rate was not bad of 511 also,what did you pay for brno model 2???

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5136&p=2

Survivalist
28-09-2010, 09:25 PM

Thanks Dr sb, I might go for 511 in future to add a semi .22 as well!

SHOTGUNNER
28-09-2010, 10:58 PM
aslam-o-alikum

survivalist

congratulation my brother for your new modle two .22 where did you buy it.i am looking for one.

Kashif Baig
30-09-2010, 01:26 AM
I have bought it from Esa Khan Nila Gumbad. Its a fun to shoot rifle, however I experienced few FTF and FTE incidents with CCI Stinger, High Velocity Hollow Points. With other bullets it fired flawlessly. It has one major issue with it however and that is its broad scope base which is broader than the usual bases and one should get it difficult to get the appropriate Scope Rings for equipping it with scope.
I could not find them yet. If any one has installed scope on it please share where to find scope and rings for it.

Regards.

HasanJamshad
16-11-2010, 01:44 PM
CZ/BRNO rifles are known for their accuracy/ruggedness/value to price basis. I haven't seen anyone complaining a CZ weapon be it a rifle or a pistol even a shotgun.