PDA

View Full Version : Makarov-Origional & Copy

Gilani
05-09-2010, 02:03 AM
@Gilani sahib..... Dear sir Plz mention some hallmarks and characteristics / qualities of a good Makarov, making it easy for us to choose a better one when selecting one to save us from making a mistake while distinguishing between ( Darra made Maks, and genuine KGB approved, soviet made original Maks) I mean nishanian and also keh kia kia hona chahiyah aur kia nahin.. making it a better Mak.
Adeel sahib, our darra people have come up with some very good copies of Makarov which from outside just look like a original Makarov and have the same markings that an original Makarov has. So its not very easy to recognise from outside.

However, from inside, its a different story and one can clearly see the difference in machining of an original and fake makarov. Manay internal parts of original Makarov have a reddish shade in the metal and are finely machined. Morever, the slides of two original Makarovs would be inter-changeable. If a friend of yours has an original Makarov, take it along and put the slide of the other Makarov on this one and vice versa. The slides should change without any problem. In case of a fake, the slide would not be inter-changeable. But this method can not be tried if your don't have a Makarov owner friend :| .

Other than this, the raking of slide, the quality of trigger, the smoothness of magazine release lever would tell you that this is an original. Specially the trigger in a fake one would be far far inferior to the original, which is very crisp and has minimum play. The recoil spring of original Makarov has a smaller diameter at the breach end and bigger diameter at the muzzle end. But this thing has been copied in few fake Maks as well.

Another sign could be that original Makarovs would be around 20 years old at least and would accordingly have signs of wear and tear (unless you find one like me which had remained well preserved in a box for over 15 years and I had personal knowledge of this :cool: ) . The fake ones are mostly very clean looking with fresh bluing. But this is not a very authentic way of checking a Makarov.

Buying it from a trustworthy dealer whom you know since long would also help a great deal. But please do it soon because Maks are getting more and more expensive with every passing day. :(

Happy search for a Mak :)

Ka_Khan
05-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Makarovs are one of our favourite Guns.Lot has been discussed.I have Splitted Gillani Sahib's post into this new thread as it has very useful tips to differentiate between Origional and the Copies.
I have also seen copies and it is very difficult to found out the difference.The Copies from Darra can be made around 8000 Rs.
One more thing to add is that the origional ones are dull in color while the copies are shiny and with fresh finish.

fahadkhalid
05-09-2010, 02:17 PM
@Gillani sb, Sir if you had knowledge of a max preserved in a box for 15 years i am sure it would have been in a box for 15 years ;)

Gilani
05-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Fahad sahib, I knew that my friend's father would take it out after 4-5 months, check for rusting etc, clean and lubricate if needed and again put it back. He fired just a few rounds to check the gun when he bought it and after that, it was never fired. BTW, magazines remained loaded (7 rounds, not 8) for around 15 years and are still working ok with me.

Topak
05-09-2010, 03:32 PM
as MAK copies available in gujranwala,there is big difference of finishing and operation of both ends.one can easily recognize the original and fake one.but never came across the fine copy which Sir Gillani is referring to.
asking price in gujranwala is 15K for a fake one.

fahadkhalid
05-09-2010, 04:29 PM
@Gillani sb, Sir have you ever come across a holestor for Mak that the spetsnaz use. The gun goes in from the top, but instead of pulling it out to draw the weapon, it is pushed downwards, thus racking the slide and chambering the round.

Gilani
06-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Topak bhai, I have seen such copies of Mak in Quetta which are very nicely made. They are so good that unless one field strips it and compares it with an original Makarov, it is hard to say with surity that its a fake :)

Fahad sahib, I have also heard of such a holster but have never seen one. Can you post the pics, please.

regards

Topak
06-09-2010, 12:30 PM
yes Sir gun smithy in Pakistan is cosmetically very fine.

Syed Adeel
06-09-2010, 02:04 PM
@ Gilani sahib..... Thank you very much sir Gilani for your kind response, like always before. I had the suggestion in my mind to request you for an exclusive MAKAROV thread for this, one of the world's greatest pistols, which you have already, very rightly done. I have started my search for a good Mak and prior to having it found, I wanted to know certain things from you. And it will also be beneficial for us all here at PakGuns. Thank you once again dear sir....!

And yes sir,..... What if there is no Makarov friend around to swap the slides with? Would you be somewhere :) ?

Ahmad
07-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Gilani Sir have described all the key points to check for Mak, but i will add one thing which always helped in differentiating between the original & clones. Russian Mak have hard chromed barrels which are very prominent if you look down the the barrel, while local clones are not equipped with such barrels.

Aquarius
07-09-2010, 12:28 AM
I have seen such copies of Mak in Quetta which are very nicely made. They are so good that unless one field strips it and compares it with an original Makarov, it is hard to say with surity that its a fake :)
regards

+1 Gilani Sir...... :)

AK47
07-09-2010, 12:43 AM
@ Gilani sahib..... Thank you very much sir Gilani for your kind response, like always before. I had the suggestion in my mind to request you for an exclusive MAKAROV thread for this, one of the world's greatest pistols, which you have already, very rightly done. I have started my search for a good Mak and prior to having it found, I wanted to know certain things from you. And it will also be beneficial for us all here at PakGuns. Thank you once again dear sir....!

And yes sir,..... What if there is no Makarov friend around to swap the slides with? Would you be somewhere :) ?

@Syed Adeel..........Bro, Gilani Sb would love to be around for any Mak "venture", but if unable to, rest assured, I'll be there for you, and I'm confident, together we can't get bluffed around with, don't worry. ;) Good you revealed your secret "desire", gonna discuss this with you tomorrow over here! ;)

Gilani
07-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Happy search for Makrov Adeel sahib. To eliminate the chances of a fake one, you may like to see the NIB Baikal Makarov which is available in Peshawar. AK sahib can give you more details about it. :)

AK47
07-09-2010, 12:57 AM
Happy search for Makrov Adeel sahib. To eliminate the chances of a fake one, you may like to see the NIB Baikal Makarov which is available in Peshawar. AK sahib can give you more details about it. :)

@Gilani Sb............Sir, your suggestions cause me "itch"! :lol:

My pleasure indeed, and you just extended our meet tomorrow by another 2 hours, minimum. Thanks. ;) :lol:

Gilani
07-09-2010, 12:59 AM
My pleasure Sir :D

Ka_Khan
07-09-2010, 04:07 PM
@Ahmad Bhai thanks for the Mak checking test.Yes you are right about the Chromed Barrel.The copies dont have them.
But in Peshawar i have seen a Mak Copy which has the origional Barrel.It was made on order from Darra and the barrel was origional.
@Gilani Sahib i have seen some Mak copies with origional internal parts.So be careful.

Gilani
07-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Kamran sahib, I agree :)

Ahmad
08-09-2010, 12:08 AM
@ KA khan, thanks lala for heads up alert. i might buy the newer one although have decided to put a halt on handguns purchase as current count is reaching high so more interested in adding some long guns.
cheers

fahadkhalid
08-09-2010, 12:38 AM
@Gillani sb, sir i could not find proper pics of it, but here is a video link of how it works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5H2GYOhKtM

Amjad Ali
08-09-2010, 01:11 PM
@Gillani sb, sir i could not find proper pics of it, but here is a video link of how it works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5H2GYOhKtM

thanks for shairing fahad bhai

6YUTUBE
14-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Hi Guys

I need to know where can v find genuine Makarovs (first hand) in RWP/IBD??? Plz tell me how much would it cost approximately. If first hand are not available how much for a second hand???

Thanks

AK47
14-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Hi Guys

I need to know where can v find genuine Makarovs (first hand) in RWP/IBD??? Plz tell me how much would it cost approximately. If first hand are not available how much for a second hand???

Thanks Above area is not Mak specific, be happy to find anything close to your queries. Gotta go up north, ranges between 50K for older, 150K for old NIB condition. :)

Virk
19-09-2010, 02:06 AM
Genuine Makarovs is - Rs: 25000 to 30000.

Ka_Khan
19-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Virk are you sure about the price??? Can you guide us to that shop??

Kamran_uk75
19-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Virk bro, I am also willing to buy a Genuine Makarov in the price you mentioned. Please give us more details about the availability and the dealer.

wasi
02-10-2010, 12:27 PM
fake maks are made by a no of people in and around peshawar. the best fakes costs Rs8000 and the worst Rs 5000. it is very difficult to discern the best from orignal. as ka khan said orignal barrel are available. however it is very easy discern. following points merit cosideration. my experiance is based upon 3 fake one and 2 original one that i owned during differnt time periods.
as far as magzine is concern the base of magzine which proturb out has better finishing in original.the original maks have dull colour. the coking sound is differnt the orignal produce a single thud while the fake one has many sounds but not the thud. now for minor observation, the base of grip where the magzine seats is cut at both side the gun smith working with hands cannot balance both side and the differnce is visible on both side. in original they are even at both sides. but the most glaring difference is the internal parts they are very refined in original and the are dark black in colour and graiysh in fake.the fake maks are made from hardened steel these cannot be refined by ordinary tools and therfore the interior of slides are very sharp and may hurt ones hand. inoriginal the slide is very refined from interior. the barrel in good quality fakes are chrome plated but inferior in quality. lines appear on it as soon as you fire around 10 rounds.

Gilani
02-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Very nice input, wasi sahib

jonnyc
02-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Can anyone post information or pictures of Pakistani made 9mm Makarov ammunition?
Thank you.

Ka_Khan
03-10-2010, 12:10 AM
@jonnyc to my knowledge Mak rounds are not made in Pakistan.

iffe
03-10-2010, 01:49 AM
@Ka_Khan

sir have seen some darra made mak rounds 40rs a piece

jonnyc
03-10-2010, 05:30 AM
Can you recall any description or brand name?

iffe
07-10-2010, 02:39 PM
@all
is there any reason, arms dealer hesitant of rigestering mak on ur lisecnce saying 'its not legal cuz its not 9mm'

any kind of help will be highly ragarded

thnx

Gilani
07-10-2010, 07:47 PM
@all
is there any reason, arms dealer hesitant of rigestering mak on ur lisecnce saying 'its not legal cuz its not 9mm'

any kind of help will be highly ragarded

thnx

Iffe bhai, I dont understand why a dealer is doing that. Who is this dealer BTW? Makarov is very much entered on a licence, however, normally the dealers enter it as .38 bore. Mine has been entered as .38 bore.

iffe
08-10-2010, 03:29 PM
@ Gilani

sir thnx for ur advice, the dealer is located in saddar karachi.
i will talk to him as you said.

thnx

Aquarius
08-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Iffe bhai, I dont understand why a dealer is doing that. Who is this dealer BTW? Makarov is very much entered on a licence, however, normally the dealers enter it as .38 bore. Mine has been entered as .38 bore.

+1 Gilani Sir

iffe
09-10-2010, 01:25 AM
@ Aquarius bro

thnx for reply u and gilani sb, most competetive authority on mak :)

hskhan2k2
25-11-2010, 05:21 AM
good for knowledge

arfat110
26-11-2010, 12:14 AM
thanks for info