PDA

View Full Version : Night Vision Goggles

Malik
16-03-2009, 01:11 AM
salam brothers one of my friend needs night vision goggles .does any body knows where to find plz dont reffer dara i have checked it out from there 5 days ago. any body from wah cant or islamabad as somebody told there is some factory in i 8 . do tell me pleeeez

Malik
17-03-2009, 07:57 PM
every body silent strange yaaar:/

9mm Luger
17-03-2009, 08:23 PM
i think [am not sure you need to personally check them out] you can order online from USA but you can only get a first generation NV from USA 2ng gen and above require an export license and most of these websites dont handle such cases
\
by the way why would someone require NV? are you in the armed forces?

sorry a 1st gen NV was been sold at www.opticsplanet.com (http://www.opticsplanet.com)

18-03-2009, 01:32 AM
Walaikum Us Salaam,
Malik Bhai they are available at Gown House on Murree Road in Rawalpindi.The particulars and price plus contacts for the shop are given here
http://www.gownhouse.com/itemdetail.jsp?mi=1
I hope this is useful to you.

Thunder
18-03-2009, 02:20 AM
why the person need a night vision ? its an overkill for a gun lover :D

Conceal Carry
18-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Forget America, you can't even get mgazine springs from there online.

Balazona
18-03-2009, 10:05 PM
I think Cabelas.com deliver ouside US.u may check that would they deliver to Pakistan.

19-03-2009, 01:56 PM
I went and checked at the gown house. They have the Night vision scope.

HassaanAfzal
19-03-2009, 05:22 PM
is it legal to have it?

Conceal Carry
20-03-2009, 02:56 AM
They fall in the tactical / millitary category hardware. I wonder why would a civilian need a nightvision scope?

Cap1
20-03-2009, 07:49 AM
For use during load shedding maybe ;)

Firepower!
20-03-2009, 11:17 AM
They fall in the tactical / millitary category hardware. I wonder why would a civilian need a nightvision scope?

To hunt at night which people do when they are after hard to find game. samething American hunters do.

Just because we are in Pakistan does not mean that every gadget we buy must be to a criminal intent.

JunaidKhan
20-03-2009, 06:58 PM
i can arrange it for u ?what specification required ?

HassaanAfzal
21-03-2009, 12:58 AM
@ firepower

I didnt mean that
still is it legal???? any restriction by defence or intelligence agencies?

Salvation
02-05-2009, 07:49 PM
no restriction ...confirm.... 1 generation also called image intensifiers is aval bt thay cant be imported jus tell sm one cmn from abroad except usa .... n 2 gen (infra red) are not to be exported they require govt permission 3rd generation (thermal imaging) well even if u can get ur hands on one the price tag would certainly burn them..... the one ive use was 3.5 million PKR.....

TAREEN
03-05-2009, 10:04 AM
no restriction ...confirm.... 1 generation thay cant be imported jus tell sm one cmn from abroad except usa
Didn't understand. Pls be kind to elaborate. What I understand is can't be imported by dealers & can be brought into Pakistan with personal baggage & there is no restriction @ the airport!

Salvation
03-05-2009, 12:48 PM
no restriction ...confirm.... 1 generation thay cant be imported jus tell sm one cmn from abroad except usa
Didn't understand. Pls be kind to elaborate. What I understand is can't be imported by dealers & can be brought into Pakistan with personal baggage & there is no restriction @ the airport!
brother tareen ... u can import the 1st generation night vision only 2nd & 3rd generation have alot of restriction from the exporting countries and importing country ... because infra red and thermal imaging are strictly being used for military purpose

Hamid
03-05-2009, 04:13 PM
There is company in Lahore who sells infrareds. Their basic model is around 5 lacs and those for airports, border monitoring and industries are higher priced.

TAREEN
03-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Dear @Umair bhai, Its a relief to know that there is no restriction on 1st Gen night vision devices. My second question was if someone can bring them along with their personal baggage or one has to have an import permit for it?

Salvation
06-05-2009, 04:59 PM
i know some one who brought it but he just said that no one chked his lugage ...... as for the customs ppl they can creat hitch for any thing

colt 1911
09-04-2010, 05:05 PM
I think u can find NV in karkhano market(sitara market) peshawar.

Arslan_tareen
10-04-2010, 01:34 AM
no restriction ...confirm.... 1 generation also called image intensifiers is aval bt thay cant be imported jus tell sm one cmn from abroad except usa .... n 2 gen (infra red) are not to be exported they require govt permission 3rd generation (thermal imaging) well even if u can get ur hands on one the price tag would certainly burn them..... the one ive use was 3.5 million PKR.....
Brother dont mean to be rude but your info about Night vision is totally wrong !!
here are some thing you are confusing with , !!
first Thing the every generation of Night vision has image intensifier tube that how they can see in night by magnifying the image light 1000s of times depending upon which gen you buying .

2nd thing Infra red is a light used with any type of Night vision to get better visibility in total darkness as image intensifier usually can only intensify moon or star light in fact it is always used with generation 1 night visions to see in total darkness as gen one dont have strong enough image intensifier to work under total darkness and good quality gen 2 or 3 does not require a infra-red torch to see in total darkness (mil spec).
3rd thing Thermal vision is totally different device and is neither night vision nor comes under any generations and can be used in day or night regardless and there is no chance of it being available in pakistan as even the military does not have it other then in Al khalid ,t 80 ud tanks .

Arslan_tareen
10-04-2010, 01:44 AM
i am a user of night vision for 2 years now and have been bunny hunting with air gun for a long time here in england .
what you need for Hunting is a Night vision scope not a monocular which is usually available in Pakistan , now a decent gen 1 scope will set u back minimum of 65000 and can only be used on air gun ist because the range is so short that it will only be able to see 100 or so meters at best and then target recognition is a separate matter 2nd the flash from a rim fire will burn your image intensifier tube , that why usual a laser or normal infra-red torch is used to illuminate the target but here is a hunch aswl Ir is not visible to human eye but is visible to all the animals who can see in the night .
now 2nd gens are good for rim fire .22s and a normal bunny hunt but even here in uk a decent used one will set u back around 1500 pounds , so you do the math .
anyways i will be comming to pakistan soon and am hoping to bring my monoculars and scope with me so will be able to share much more with you guys.
Any way if any one needs info on night vision devices and how to hunt in the night time with out using visible light you can ask me , and if available i will be able to help you because there are many other cheap set ups available e.d Add on to day scope , Digital night vision , and Ir catching scopes .

Dr Hanif Malik
10-04-2010, 06:23 AM
@arslan-tareen sahib sure we need more info about cheep hunting night devices thanks for sharing:)

wasi
25-01-2011, 06:53 PM
let me put all of u correct

inra red light is gen 1. Pak army has abandoned its use as they are active not passive means that they can be picked up by enemy. they are only used in aircrafts and UAVs as FLIR. SLIR. image intensifier are 2nd generation but there are a varity in it is itself divided in many generations. it works on ambient light. it is manufactured in pakistan. they have a varitey if these made. not available for civilian use. they can be mounted on many weapons and there are goggles and binoculars as well. as far as thermal imager is concern the detect the heate emitted by a body. work equally good by day and night. they are extremely accurate and has range in acess of 3 km. but only recently they are being tested on weapons. and this is the latest gen ie 3rd

"King Of Kings"
27-01-2011, 02:05 AM
i am going to get one night vision monocular from uk in the first week of feb will post some pics and detail about that,

regards,

Tiger Roars
27-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Its useless gadget in Pakistan; expensive and may be suitable for short ranges. Arslan_Tareen said well.

Sturmgewehr
21-06-2011, 08:04 PM
first of all ASSALAMALIKUM to the whole community as this is the very first thread im posting here.

First and foremost on to legality, to keep it short and sweet GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE.....PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE. And Im gonna present this very thing at the good supremecourt once I can practice law there.

Secondly NVGs of all generation spectrums are available[gen 3 is best not light source required] in civie versions built to specs for hunters who hunt big game but the basic problem is the price tag and american policing. Why should they be declared illegal I mean if canadian and yankee hunters use them why cant we?

Third,maybe the good gentleman who started this forum is a big land owner who runs a productive farm spaning a few kilometers and miles away from civilisation and an electric outlet....in this case its effecient to carry an NVG and a zigana rather then a whole squad of goons[like our zimidars usually do] who fire like blind bats at day time let alone at night.

Point 4 why does discussing PB guns get you a strike from the hosts....I mean they are permit restricted but not illegal in the strictest sense.

bye and hope to hear from you guys.

AzeCorp
17-07-2011, 10:46 PM
lol easiest way to bypass legal ramifications and purchase a decent NVG, NMG (non-military grade) is if u buy a computer game, and im not joking, purchase the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 prestige edition, have it mailed to u in pakistan or have a friend bring it over, itll put u back by 150$ but its gives a PNVG unit, which is as close to a military grade as u will get, here is an amazon.com link
http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Warfare-Prestige-Xbox-360/dp/B002HEWACS,
this is only an example, do some research if u decide on buying one from other online sources as well, i got mine of infinity ward and i got a NVG, which mind you is wickedly brilliant. Cheers

Arslan_tareen
20-07-2011, 07:39 PM
lol easiest way to bypass legal ramifications and purchase a decent NVG, NMG (non-military grade) is if u buy a computer game, and im not joking, purchase the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 prestige edition, have it mailed to u in pakistan or have a friend bring it over, itll put u back by 150$ but its gives a PNVG unit, which is as close to a military grade as u will get, here is an amazon.com link
http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Warfare-Prestige-Xbox-360/dp/B002HEWACS,

this is only an example, do some research if u decide on buying one from other online sources as well, i got mine of infinity ward and i got a NVG, which mind you is wickedly brilliant. Cheers

Please avoid telling simple folks ways to waste there hard earned cash on some thing which is JUSt a toy ,it was meant to be a toy for max age 15 to over sized geeks it is in no way no no !!!.... NOT a night vision forget a mil spec its not even civilian spec one , its a small camera with green light on it or in newer model a web cam with iR lights .it has no field value other then walking in night with a web cam stuck to you head .

Dr Hanif Malik
20-07-2011, 09:32 PM
@arsalan tareen,brother you promis for showing your n v collection in earlier post.did you bring them from london or not,please share. are these more helpfull in night hunting?????

babaz7
20-07-2011, 09:53 PM
if anybody want a night vision binocular its avaible here http://homeshopping.pk/ ,just go to consumer electronics and then night vision..

Arslan_tareen
21-07-2011, 10:33 AM
@arsalan tareen,brother you promis for showing your n v collection in earlier post.did you bring them from london or not,please share. are these more helpfull in night hunting?????
sir i did bring two of them with me , the night vision scope is definitively help full if one wants to shoot a rabbit in night , its Pain staking hard one have to walk around a known field spot a Bunny then stalk it then crawl near it and shoot it in the very very right spot , its much easier to do in Uk as the amount of Game is 100% more there but in Pakistan if you realy want to have fun shooting this way , there should no jeeps no search lights involve and best you should be all alone !! , also the monocular are very good for fields survey of Boars with out letting them know you are here .one can setup a hide put some peanuts and diesel in there route and then wait for a couple of days , keep a look out using the night vision and when ready shoot either using night vision scope (only good quality 2nd and 3rd gen can be used as ist gen wont take the jerk and flash of heavy caliber ) so what i do is i have a normal scope mounted search light i wait for the perfect shot and switch on the light on the scope and shoot .

BUT SIR THEN AGAIN THERE ARE MANY EASY WAYS TO DO THE THINGS I SAID , I JUST HAVE THE "SHOUK" OF MAKING THINGS HARD AND CHALLENGING FOR ME SO ONE SHOULD ONLY SPEND THE MONEY IF HE REALLY WANTS TO HAVE FUN LIKE THAT OR IF THEY HAVE SPARE CASH .

Arslan_tareen
21-07-2011, 10:35 AM
if anybody want a night vision binocular its avaible here http://homeshopping.pk/ ,just go to consumer electronics and then night vision..

you are right brother , but again kinda on a very high price side for very less substance .

shakil83
22-07-2011, 10:52 AM
hi friends guide from where i can get these. what about price?

Arslan_tareen
22-07-2011, 11:30 AM
if you really want to just for fun and ease the itch then , they are available online and at gown house Islamabad from 60k to 100k mind you that the product you will get has the real about 10k to max 20k . Unfortunately those are the only available options some time a Odd nato piece comes up in the circle but the person selling usually wants to make all his life's fortunes off that piece to its not worth it .
regards

wadood
31-07-2011, 01:28 AM
Assalam-O-Alaikum!
Dear Brothers!
I asked about Night Vision Glasses To my Mamo Who is Lt. Colenel in Army.He said Night Vision products are Illegal in Pakistan.

Salvation
11-08-2011, 01:05 AM
"@Arslan Tareen .... bro yr info regarding the image intensifier AKA II sight being used with the infra red torch is correct but here is where i would like to put u correct their are in principle 3 types of night sight like i said before;
1st is II or Image Intensifier which is most commonly being used for hunting and as a personal sights mounted on the helmets by the soldiers, you can even buy one from peshawar for 75k by the name "Yukon". these sights are usually good enough for range upto 600-1000m
2nd is the IR or Infra red sights mostly used on crew weapons or Anti-tank weapons like TOWs (the sight is called ANTVS-12A, US made). the principle of its functions is pretty simple, glow the area with an IR lamp installed in it and view it from the IR receiver, the IR way length can only be picked up by another IR receiver, these sight are really bulky n rugged and are mostly employed for range of 500-5000m as its serves the crew or anti tank weapons well. they are very much in use of Pak Army.
3rd is the TI or Thermal Imaging sights which works on the principle of creating an image in day or at night with the help of temperature difference of the target with reference to its surroundings, they serve as general observation sights and also serve as a sight for crew weapons, anti-tank weapons or even on the assault platforms like tanks, helicopters and APCs. they are mostly replacing the TI sights as they are quite compact and handy and provides an even better image than IR sights. their range employment varies alot from 10m-10km depending upon the type u are using, And trust me Army has loads n loads of them they r probably the hot favs for all gun crews they have even been employed on large caliber 12.7mm guns n snipers as well.

Salvation
11-08-2011, 01:23 AM
one more thing that needs to be corrected here
No II sight can function with out an external source however the intensifying power of its tube varies from 1st to 3rd gen, the 1st gen requires more of an ambient light an subsequently the 3rd gen requires a lesser ambient light, for a test any one of u who can gets his hands on both of them can try it standing in a dead pitch dark room n ull see no image is formed but with even a minutest of a light u'll notice the difference in the image formed of all 3 gen II sights. the name explains for its self "Image Intensifier" NO LIGHT NO INTENSIFICATION
Its only II that can be legally bought in Pakistan, rest both the types require either an industrial license or fall under Military items list
i have practically used all 3 type n all three gens in field, any more clarification im at yr service
PS: if any one wants to get his II sight work at its best try using "sure fire" torches with IR filter n u'll see the wonder happen, its available in peshawar "sitara market" for good about 20-25K

Arslan_tareen
11-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Dear Pannu brother the information you have provided makes me think that either you are in the military or get your info from some of the super geniuses found in our army . !Please stop calling TI a third type of night sight ,this has made our army men look like idiots when they went for training abroad , Thermal imagery is a totally different device and CAN be used in Day time !!! has nothing to do with light phaetons so in a very technical and real term it is in no way type of a night vision sight .
Yukon is a Ukrainian company that makes cheap yet very effective night vision sights and a gen 1 or 2 sight or even the early 90s third gens tube containing wont be able to see after 400 yards forget the 600 yards to 1000 yards !! the 75k to 60k sights been sold are yukon gen one sight which when used with the best IR torches or even with a laser IR which is not available for civilians in Pakistan cant see more then 100 yards and that's it .
i have also used and hunted extensively with the night vision sights and own 2 night vision monocular and a Yukon titanium night vision weapon sight .
Do no get sucked into the military jargon as they have a different working environment and usually have very different and high quality weaponry with out any real knowledge about it .They have there own categories and specifications for a weapon I,e as you said no 2 sight is known to be which has image intensifying tubes well yes this is what the Pakistan army calls them but in all the rest of the world the sights are classified with what type of image intensifier they have in them.

Arslan_tareen
11-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Also i would like for people to use Google and learn from the forum of countries where these items are not taboo and are used by nearly all the hunters to get a clear picture .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_vision_device .... Wikipedia is usually not so credible but hope this link clears many confusions about the classification issues .
there are many forums of hunters discussing night vision devices constantly so one can relate to them for further in depth analysis .

Salvation
12-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Dear Pannu brother the information you have provided makes me think that either you are in the military or get your info from some of the super geniuses found in our army . !Please stop calling TI a third type of night sight ,this has made our army men look like idiots when they went for training abroad , Thermal imagery is a totally different device and CAN be used in Day time !!! has nothing to do with light phaetons so in a very technical and real term it is in no way type of a night vision sight .
Yukon is a Ukrainian company that makes cheap yet very effective night vision sights and a gen 1 or 2 sight or even the early 90s third gens tube containing wont be able to see after 400 yards forget the 600 yards to 1000 yards !! the 75k to 60k sights been sold are yukon gen one sight which when used with the best IR torches or even with a laser IR which is not available for civilians in Pakistan cant see more then 100 yards and that's it .
i have also used and hunted extensively with the night vision sights and own 2 night vision monocular and a Yukon titanium night vision weapon sight .
Do no get sucked into the military jargon as they have a different working environment and usually have very different and high quality weaponry with out any real knowledge about it .They have there own categories and specifications for a weapon I,e as you said no 2 sight is known to be which has image intensifying tubes well yes this is what the Pakistan army calls them but in all the rest of the world the sights are classified with what type of image intensifier they have in them.
Brother Tareen u got it right, im serving in army and do have a wide experience of using these sights with wide variety of wpns n in different types of terrains, being a member of many trial boards i happen to use many other optronics n weapon systems that are not even inducted in the army yet but they defiantly give you an experience plus.
we dont call image intensifiers as "No 2" what i meant is "no as in Not" and "II as an Abbreviation of Image Intensifiers" as a matter of fact our men quite clearly know the gen classifications of the sights under use.
Callin TI as a 3rd type is not really a set type of definition but just an explanatory phrase for explaining another type and you might have missed it out, i did mention that its used for day and night purposes!! especially when u want to hunt smthing in a camouflaged environment.
the reason to explain TI on this forum is to let my friends know out there, that this tech is also available to be used with their weapons, agreed still very restricted for non mil use in pakistan but brothers like you sittin abroad who have freedom of use on such technology might find this info a lil useful when hunting ducks in bushes where we usually tend to miss them out.
all said and done Thanks to Afghan transit trade you can buy all sorts of optronics (II, IR, TI) here in Pakistan from KPK, some dead cheap only if the guy behind the counter is ignorant of what he's selling :)

Arslan_tareen
17-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Sir first of all Great to see a Man in arms here ,great appreciation and respect for you , secondly i think we are both on the same page and just a slight confusion in between terminologies and best part is that your last post has cleared all the air and a night vision enthusiast or a new comer can now get the perfect amount of info in this thread , for what is available and usable in Pakistani environment .

Also sir unfortunately the golden days of Sitara market have long gone all you get there is Chinese scarp now , i went there twice around 6-3 months ago and was very very disappointed with the junk sold there , though i also think that its a good thing for the security situation in Pakistan as proved during the attack on mehran base i am not saying that the criminals wont be able to get what they want but at least there are some hurdles now .

Survivalist
17-08-2011, 01:27 AM
Still high end NVGs are available from KPK like VECTOR IV Nite and Night Vision Goggles but mostly 200k+ and have a hell of options, information and features. Our security forces can benifit from acquiring these as still costs are cheaper than dirt as compared to actual prices.

Arslan_tareen
17-08-2011, 04:36 AM
Survivalist bahi , can you tell me how much the guy is asking for Vector IV Nite ? and what NVGs are available ? and as you said they are asking 200k+ so i am presuming they shall be at least Gen 3 and above ?

regards .

Survivalist
17-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Yes they are very sophisticated high end gen III/+. Let me check availability and prices, you can give yur email please meanwhile.

Arslan_tareen
17-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Thanks Survivalist bro , its arslan_treen@hotmail.com.

regards

Mr Hunter
17-01-2012, 09:57 PM
I brought a night vision monocular Bushnell Equinox . Its Gen 1 and over all a good night vision . The night vision being sold at Gown House or homeshopping.pk there prices are way too high . The easiest way to buy is if you know someone from abroad , ask him to buy and ship it to you .
But one can only buy Gen 1 night vision in Us and ship it outside US

malik160
18-01-2012, 12:46 AM
i would like to take this conversation back a bit and again address umair ahmad pannu bro, II is a seperate technology and IR (infrared) is a different technology, II so far has 3 gens related to the advancement in this field, and thermal imaging is also known as IR, and is also matured to the 3rd gen, so there are 1st 2nd and 3rd gen TIs.
regards

gunenthusiast
18-01-2012, 11:49 AM
can someboby giv a clear idea about local availibility of 1st or 2nd gen night vision googgles

American Lockpicker
20-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Don't get first Generation nightvision its not very good. I used to have a Russian made monocular and it was crappy, chinese versions are supposed to be worse.

hdaackda
01-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Just for FYI
BMW 7 series has a built in IR/Thermal camera.. very good. More info here: www.flir.com

Khan381
01-08-2012, 11:46 PM
For information..

Night visions are available with a guy here in Peshawar.. was asking around 100k for a piece.dnt know abt quality but are not chinese.. must be from usa of sum european market..

shoaibnadeem
02-08-2012, 02:00 AM
For information..

Night visions are available with a guy here in Peshawar.. was asking around 100k for a piece.dnt know abt quality but are not chinese.. must be from usa of sum european market..

brother please drop an email at shoaibnadeem@gmail.com.. thanx

skywalker233
02-08-2012, 06:18 PM
For information..

I dont know much about Night Visions but was told 2 weeks ago in Peshawar that Chinese clones r now available for about 80,000 ... Dont know who has them

raja yasir
02-08-2012, 07:38 PM
These are available at Gown house rawalpindi.