PDA

View Full Version : Bringing a Full metal airsoft pistol/rifle by air

Salman_Ahmed
29-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Salam Members
ive joined pakguns recently nd was a frequent browser for quite sometime,
made a couple of pistol purchases based on the info i gathered while browsing this really awesome well maintained site
so id like to say thnks in that regard
the reason im making this post is that im interested in bring along with me on my way back from Dubai a couple ( if possible) AEM( automatic electric) or Gas blowback Full metal pistol and/or a Rifle
since these things are a significant investment id really hate to lose them on my way here, get them confiscated and what not, and id really appreciate any help and info in that regards.
id like to knw if any1 has any idea what the process might be other than calling the airline where the helpful staff say " im not really sure but id advise nt to take the risk"

Also cud i pack a whole lota C02 cylinders and Bring them in my luggage?
any direction or info in that regards and what my rights are what kinda discretion the airport security staff hv
regards Salman.

Exhibitionshooterhamza
29-08-2010, 06:42 PM
im so sorry to say but CO2 is totally prohibited
i have tried it allot
out of 3 times only once i was able to bring the cylinders from dubai
and that also because i had not that many and i was lucky enough that they were not spotted.

about the gun
please feel free to buy the gun and bring it along with u
its not a real gun
and it can easily be proven to anyone.
so dont worry about the gun at all.

And good luck

Al sayad is a very interesting shop in dubai

jagga
29-08-2010, 07:24 PM
import of air rifles is prohibited

not easy to bring over by plane

Exhibitionshooterhamza
29-08-2010, 07:40 PM
http://www.airsafe.com/danger.htm

i dont know about u jagga but i have brought many air guns and have friends who have brought air rifles from dubai etc etc

you are allowed
as long as your not carrying it on your hand cary luggage.
you can bring it in your check in luggage

firslty if the airport security sees the the gun in the Xray scanning machine they will automaticly know its an air gun or a fake gun.
its their job to know
the max they will do is tell u to show it to you.

once its proved its not real
they will let u take it.

i have even pasted a link
and i am sure there will be many more other links proving the same too.

Exhibitionshooterhamza
29-08-2010, 07:52 PM
http://83.231.138.225/english/images/Dangerous%20Goods%20PDF%5B1%5D._tcm233-239104.pdf

check this link too

jagga
29-08-2010, 08:19 PM
thanks for the info

jagga
29-08-2010, 08:21 PM
buy a pcp or c02 rifle and convert it to to run on air with paintball bottles which can be refilled with a stirrup pump then when you bring the air bottle over remove the regulator valves so that it cant hold any pressure that way they cant say it is a prohibited item

or you can bring empty c02 cartridges over which have been already used (will have hole in them) and refill them using the fittings available here look at second and third item from the bottom of the page

http://www.artisanservice.eu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63&Itemid=57

Salman_Ahmed
30-08-2010, 04:50 AM
ty very much for the prompt and informative replies:)
really appreciate it
that cleared up a lot of things for me
regards Salman.

Exhibitionshooterhamza
30-08-2010, 05:02 AM
im glad i could help
=)

jagga
01-09-2010, 04:14 AM
brother dont bring c02 canisters on plane i know someone who tried to bring that in his luggage and got fined 2000

if you do decide to bring a rifle make sure you declare that when you check in

better safe than a big fine

Salman_Ahmed
01-09-2010, 04:41 AM
hey thnks for the heads up :)