PDA

View Full Version : Difference btw these rifles?

Shooterz
22-08-2010, 01:39 PM
What's the difference btw .22, .222,.223,.244? And which of them PB and NPB?

Silent killerr
22-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Among these only .22 is NPB

MianTaimur
22-08-2010, 11:36 PM
If Semi auto or auto 222 & 223 fall in the PB category
However 223 is also a hunting calibre used in bolt action rifles falls under NPB
.22 can be aquired on a NPB license for both semi auto and bolt action rifles.

Libra
23-08-2010, 12:51 AM
Basically the major difference between .22 and rest of three bores is that the only .22 is a rim fire cartridge and rest of three are center fire. 22 is a very old bore and it was designed for small game like squirrels, rabbits, crows and mostly for pest and rodent control. It is offered in Revolvers, Pistols and Rifles. You can get any of them on NPB licence.

The .222 aka the Triple Deuce/Triple Two/Treble Two is a centerfire rifle cartridge. It was first introduced for US Army as a small bore cartridge. It is although a PB in Pakistan.

The .223 is a sporting cartridge with almost the same external dimensions as the 5.56x45mm NATO military cartridge. The name is pronounced either two-two-three or two-twenty-three. It is loaded with a 0.224-inch (5.7 mm) diameter, jacketed bullet, with weights ranging from 40 to 90 grains (2.6 to 5.8 g), though the most common loading by far is 55 grains (3.6 g). When loaded with a bullet that expands, tumbles, or fragments in tissue, this cartridge is capable of delivering devastating terminal performance, including remote wounding effects. It is a popular bore and if you can get a bolt action rifle and a licence, you can enjoy it, otherwise for other models, i.e. Auto/Semi Auto it is a PB.

.244 is 6mm and it is also a center fire Cartridge and it was supposed to be a good deer cartridge but later on it was replaced by a very popular bore, i.e. .243 which can be delightful in shooting. Auto Models are considered PB and can not be used on any NPB license as well.

Apalo
23-08-2010, 01:36 AM
If Semi auto or auto 222 & 223 fall in the PB category
However 223 is also a hunting calibre used in bolt action rifles falls under NPB
.22 can be aquired on a NPB license for both semi auto and bolt action rifles.
Main Sab is talking about Sindh where as in Punjab only .22 is NPB other are all PB in all categories.
where as Libra has define the bore very well for all of you, thank you brother

MianTaimur
23-08-2010, 01:48 AM
@Apalo

Yes you are right, I was talking about Sind ! I forgot to clear it out.
Thank you for pointing out my error ...

HammadArshad
23-08-2010, 10:05 AM
@Libra, Thank you very much for your very nice explanation. Would love to hear more from you. It would be very nice if you could please introduce yourself in Introduction section.

Regards,

Afzaal
23-08-2010, 11:50 AM
@libra
Welcome to forum dear brother.
and what an excellent debut sir.
Im amaized.
Im sure u r gonna be great asset of Pakguns.

Shooterz
23-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Thank u Libra good explanation.

Faisal Aziz
23-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Basically the major difference between .22 and rest of three bores is that the only .22 is a rim fire cartridge and rest of three are center fire. 22 is a very old bore and it was designed for small game like squirrels, rabbits, crows and mostly for pest and rodent control. It is offered in Revolvers, Pistols and Rifles. You can get any of them on NPB licence.

The .222 aka the Triple Deuce/Triple Two/Treble Two is a centerfire rifle cartridge. It was first introduced for US Army as a small bore cartridge. It is although a PB in Pakistan.

The .223 is a sporting cartridge with almost the same external dimensions as the 5.56x45mm NATO military cartridge. The name is pronounced either two-two-three or two-twenty-three. It is loaded with a 0.224-inch (5.7 mm) diameter, jacketed bullet, with weights ranging from 40 to 90 grains (2.6 to 5.8 g), though the most common loading by far is 55 grains (3.6 g). When loaded with a bullet that expands, tumbles, or fragments in tissue, this cartridge is capable of delivering devastating terminal performance, including remote wounding effects. It is a popular bore and if you can get a bolt action rifle and a licence, you can enjoy it, otherwise for other models, i.e. Auto/Semi Auto it is a PB.

.244 is 6mm and it is also a center fire Cartridge and it was supposed to be a good deer cartridge but later on it was replaced by a very popular bore, i.e. .243 which can be delightful in shooting. Auto Models are considered PB and can not be used on any NPB license as well.
Good explanation