PDA

View Full Version : Shot gun firing pin lubrication

Junaid86
21-08-2010, 04:25 PM
I am advised to lubricate the firing pin of my newly bought shotgun after every time i fire for the first few times. is it OK??

Also i have been given this anti rust spray (refer to added pics), can i use it as an emergency replacement for the gun oil??

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/9144/21082010244.jpg

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/6721/21082010243.jpg

12GAUGE
21-08-2010, 04:44 PM
I am advised to lubricate the firing pin of my newly bought shotgun after every time i fire for the first few times. is it OK??

Also i have been given this anti rust spray (refer to added pics), can i use it as an emergency replacement for the gun oil??

AoA

Yes! you can use this spray, infact, in my own experience it is quiet good as a cleaner, lubricant and protectant. I've used this product and found it better than WD40. when it comes to lubrication only, it is not as good as dedicated lubricants such as hoppes, militec PG lubricant however for emergency usage it is quiet good. it does not gum up like WD40. it is clean burning and will not leave any residue. I have also lubricated firing pin channels with it and found no ill effects whatsoever with this. however when you do spray it inside the firing pin channel make sure to make it a regular cleaning routine. otherwise once sprayed can trap firing residue and lock the firing pin in place causing firing pin related reliability issues. you dont want to do that. first rule do not lubricate the firing pin channel but if you still want to, then make sure to clean and lubricate every time you clean your shotgun.

one more thing, to ensure maximum lubrication of your firearm, I would recommend a specialty lubricant. CLPs (cleaner, lubricant and protectant) are at best mediocre in each and every department. something like jack of all, master of none kinda deal working here with CLPs. only dedicated lubricants can ensure optimum lubrication and long service life of your firearm. for occasional firing, even CLPs are more than good enough. however for extended firing sessions, only dedicated lubricants should be used.

Regards.

Junaid86
21-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks 12gauge!!!
What's the availability of Hoppes products in Isb/Rwp??

12GAUGE
21-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Thanks 12gauge!!!

They are available at Gown House Murree road Rawalpindi.

Regards.

thepatriot
21-08-2010, 08:51 PM

AoA

Yes! you can use this spray, infact, in my own experience it is quiet good as a cleaner, lubricant and protectant. I've used this product and found it better than WD40. when it comes to lubrication only, it is not as good as dedicated lubricants such as hoppes, militec PG lubricant however for emergency usage it is quiet good. it does not gum up like WD40. it is clean burning and will not leave any residue. I have also lubricated firing pin channels with it and found no ill effects whatsoever with this. however when you do spray it inside the firing pin channel make sure to make it a regular cleaning routine. otherwise once sprayed can trap firing residue and lock the firing pin in place causing firing pin related reliability issues. you dont want to do that. first rule do not lubricate the firing pin channel but if you still want to, then make sure to clean and lubricate every time you clean your shotgun.

one more thing, to ensure maximum lubrication of your firearm, I would recommend a specialty lubricant. CLPs (cleaner, lubricant and protectant) are at best mediocre in each and every department. something like jack of all, master of none kinda deal working here with CLPs. only dedicated lubricants can ensure optimum lubrication and long service life of your firearm. for occasional firing, even CLPs are more than good enough. however for extended firing sessions, only dedicated lubricants should be used.

Regards.

12guage bro,
in a different thread i studied one of your detailed issue about daudsons, since i'm searching a 9mm handgun, are daudsons marketing 9mm pistols for domestic sales...
regards...
thepatriot

Junaid86
21-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks 12gauge!!!

They are available at Gown House Murree road Rawalpindi.

Regards.

Oh thanks!! any idea about price?? because Gown House are always on the higher side when it comes to price..

ALI GUJJAR
22-08-2010, 05:14 PM
can we lubrication firing pin of local TT.30bor with this