PDA

View Full Version : CZ92...good ccw handgun?

Shahzeb
18-08-2010, 05:08 PM
hey guys, today my teacher called and said that her friend needed a good CCW pistol. She told me that her friend was getting the CZ92 (.25ACP) for 20K. I'm not too fond of the .25 due to it's lack of stopping power so I was wondering if you guys could tell me about a good, reliable, accurate and powerful pistol. Her price range would be about till 55K so Glock 26's arn't possible! Also bear in mind that the person buying the gun is a woman so a .45 is also not pragmatic. Lastly it doesnt matter if the bullets are a bit pricey because she's not gonna be making trips to ranges and popping off lots of rounds..

Abu Al Hawl
18-08-2010, 05:18 PM
in your said scenario PT111 would be the best choice but, how ever 9MM's recoil is not meant for a woman's SD/CCW, so i suggest walther p22 would be a good choice.

coolbox18
18-08-2010, 05:18 PM
I think 0.25 ammo will be hard to find.
I would suggest

1. CZ75 compact clones (canik compact series)
2. makarov
3. pt145 2nd/3rd generation
4. If something real light, then Walther p22 compact, very concealable, and .22 ammo is very abundant. Infact, other than .22 factor, i would rate this the ideal ccw, specially for women.

(all above would fall in 45-60k range in Lahore)
Below is link from my window shopping:

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=136145#p136145

coolbox18
18-08-2010, 05:19 PM
in your said scenario PT111 would be the best choice but, how ever 9MM's recoil is not meant for a woman's SD/CCW, so i suggest walther p22 would be a good choice.
AAH bro, it makes two votes for p22, I think we were typing simultaneously.

Vik
18-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Try look for Taurus pistols either .22 or .38. It will be easier to use and clean.
Regarding P22, I would never keep It as CCW. Walther's are AMMO sensitive.

Shahzeb
18-08-2010, 05:32 PM
thanks for replying so fast. About the walther p22, isn't the .22lr too small for SD-stopping power?

Vik
18-08-2010, 05:37 PM
thanks for replying so fast. About the walther p22, isn't the .22lr too small for SD-stopping power?

I don't have much knowledge about ammo. But If its a .22 magnum, It will work.
Don't know If Walther P22 can fire It.

Shahzeb
18-08-2010, 05:40 PM
i think the pt 111 would be the best choice. I would have gone for the 145 but i dont think she'd be able to handle the recoil of the .45. What are your thoughts?

Abbas
18-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Akdal Mini ? ;)

Survivalist
18-08-2010, 06:24 PM
A Taurus .22 Mag Revolver or Glock 26 (9mm) would be binary choices.

Denovo87
18-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Anything reliable in .32acp, Llama can be an option or walther these both are available pre-owned in the range of 20k to 35k, you always can use JHP's for SD to give your tiny gun a bit more of stopping power .

Shariq
18-08-2010, 10:26 PM
I would have gone for the 145 but i dont think she'd be able to handle the recoil of the .45.
Bro Pt145 is a delight to shoot with very manageable recoil. Its special recoil spring really reduces the felt recoil.

Dr Zakir
18-08-2010, 11:59 PM
canik 55 compact ( cz clone ) or makarav or P22 . remember owning a weapon is not enough u must practice also

fahadkhalid
19-08-2010, 12:03 AM
Look at the CZ 83 (.32 cal). good for ccw, fourteen rounds, manageable recoil.

Aquarius
19-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Makarov or Canik Compact.. also add Revolver to your list, because its good for women... :)

Gilani
19-08-2010, 01:22 AM
A Makarov or Walther PP / Llama / Star / Astra in .32 ACP can be considered. Agree with Aquarius brother that a revolver in .32 ACP would also not be a bad option

Crazy Shooter
19-08-2010, 03:21 AM
I own a CZ .25 caliber handgun and few days ago I was surprised to see hollow points in .25 so if she wants to own a cc gun for herself I wont go for any other thn .22 or .25 and if she gets hollow points in .25 thats the best handgun for her we are talking about Makarov and Astra etc but keep it in mind that she will be carrying that gun in her handbag not in some holster like we carry our CC handgun so any other size bigger thn .25 will be a problem and weight is also a problem in handbag, I am attaching a pic of my CZ .25 for all of you to see
http://s4.postimage.org/75ZyJ.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV75ZyJ)

emre
28-09-2010, 12:46 AM
CZ 92 is really for tiny hands. It is also easy to chamber a round since the recoil spring for 25 ACP is not so strong. It is supposed to be a reliable feeding gun but it requires instinctive shooting since it has a unique sighting system. A tiny canal as far as I could remember.

I also would count on any high quality simple blowback operated automatic like CZ 83/82, makarov, PSM 5.45, walther PP/PPK but one should keep in mind that these tend to have stronger springs and therefore may be hard to rack the slide.
A 357/38 special snubby revolver is one of the best options for very close quarters combat however these are not really for amateurs. 45 caliber has plenty of stopping power but also recoil as much as the sunbbies.
Whatever the choice for the pistol or the caliber, the most important factor is the shot placement.
One cannot differentiate between a 25 ACP or 22 LR or a 7.65 mm bullet when it penetrates through the heart or a central head shot.
My choice would be a compact 9 mm parabellum automatic for reliable operation, ease of finding the ammunition, stopping power and reasonable recoil. I used to carry full size CZ 75 B, Astra 100 derivative, a Sarsilmaz Kilinc 2000 light in turns, and recently I purchased a canik 55 compact as a back up and concealed carry pistol. I have 13 + 1 firepower in a compact size now.

Faisji
28-09-2010, 04:33 AM
What the ....?How many of you guys carry .25 as SD?If it's not good for you on the name of sweet lordl is it going to protect a women from assualt rape or murder?

In the least should be 22 magnum(WMR) moving in to 32 or a 9mm like pt111.

Ahmad
28-09-2010, 09:40 AM
another vote for revolver, women feel difficulty in racking the slide of auto, smaller autos just amplify the problem. 38 special in a snuby is a practical & will get the job done.
Cheers

12GAUGE
28-09-2010, 12:08 PM
AoA Everybody

Kindly allow me to offer my two cents on the subject:

In my experience (from the women in my house), they have no trouble firing and coping with the recoil of a 9mm handgun. what consistently troubles them is operating the controls, racking the slide and stuff like that. one more thing that I've found out that in the heat of the moment, women tend to forget what to do but those who do remember, consistently outperformed men in draw, aim and fire drill. men tend to remember but the confusion takes alot out of them.

THIS PART MIGHT SOUND WEIRD BUT IT WAS TOTALLY HUMANE:

one of my cousins had a lighter that used to zap the user with strong jolt of electricity. once one the range I zapped everybody and asked them to operate a handgun. the after effects were much worse in men compared to women. women suffered alot less from the pain and shaking of the hands. they consistently performed. whereas men took some time before coming back to their full senses.

so, what I have deduced (for women):

1. 9mm caliber no problemo.
2. softer controls
3. less controls are better
4. more practice is required for women
5. its alot easier for them to conceal a handgun compared to men.

Therefore I would recommend any reliable compact 9mm handgun with soft and easy to operate controls and lots and lots of range time practicing draws from a concealed status firearm and firing.

Regards.

p.s. in my opinion, shark compact is an ideal handgun for women. it easily fits in a typical shoulder worn hand bag. packs a powerful enough 9mm punch, high capacity and smaller frame for smaller hands and controls are as soft one could get.

emre
30-09-2010, 05:35 PM
a compact Canik is a good companion in a quality holster, whether on your ankle or on your belt. In Internet, there are various holster opportunities for compact 9 mm's. Groin holster are very useful in casual dressing. Also chest holsters are available for ladies especially. However I would advice to keep the chamber loaded after familiarizing with the gun.

emre
30-09-2010, 05:47 PM
I personally would not suggest carrying a defensive pistol in a handbag or any kind of bag that could be stolen away. A gun should best be kept adjacent to your body where you can always feel the presence. If a guy steals your bag, you loose access to your defence...However you can always reach for your gun even if you are beaten or wounded or in another threat if you keep it on your body.