PDA

View Full Version : Custom Made Barrels - A question for the experts

Turumti
31-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Gentlemen,

Is it possible to have a rifle barrel custom made in Pakistan? Lets say something in 30 calibre, and with a customised twist rate.

Skeeter60
01-08-2010, 12:42 AM
No. It can be made but not to your specs

Birdshooter007
01-08-2010, 01:03 AM
And pakistani made , especially darra , other than D.S.A and POF, barrels can explode.Many experiences i know that the barrel of a new darra made rifle blows and a person gets injured.

Turumti
01-08-2010, 05:00 AM
I would wait for the vastly experienced riflemen here such as Skeeter60 and some other to comments as well.

Apalo
01-08-2010, 11:00 AM

Sir, Skeeter already told you about it :|

Turumti
01-08-2010, 02:14 PM

My Bad, I guess I was too sleepy, when I wrote that. Having said that, is it possible to find a 30 cal barrel with a 1 in 8 or 1 in 9 twist in Pakistan?

PUNJTANI5
01-08-2010, 02:23 PM
what type of customizing u want

dara people make 3o cal machine gun barrels to your specs by trimming them into rifle barrrels
u cannot get riffeling as desired but u wil surely have barrel length or BBL etc
and also customised engraving

one such ex machine gun barrel costs in excess of 20k as in blank/unworked
plus 5k in sizing and machining
and another 5k for engraving

and believe me darra custom rifle barrels are very good and do not explode
unlike purely desi ones

Skeeter60
01-08-2010, 06:58 PM

My Bad, I guess I was too sleepy, when I wrote that. Having said that, is it possible to find a 30 cal barrel with a 1 in 8 or 1 in 9 twist in Pakistan?

The standard twist for a 30-06 barrel is 1 in 10 and for the 308 1 in 12, barrels which are military surplus US army were available in Adam Khel .I am not sure if these are available now.

Skeeter60
01-08-2010, 07:02 PM
what type of customizing u want

dara people make 3o cal machine gun barrels to your specs by trimming them into rifle barrrels
u cannot get riffeling as desired but u wil surely have barrel length or BBL etc
and also customised engraving

one such ex machine gun barrel costs in excess of 20k as in blank/unworked
plus 5k in sizing and machining
and another 5k for engraving

and believe me darra custom rifle barrels are very good and do not explode
unlike purely desi ones

Correct. These barrels are made abroad but machined to fit the rifle actions and cannot be called as made in Darra.
Barrels actually made in Darra are still far from being safe and a mile off accuracy

Engineeer
06-08-2010, 08:24 PM
i am using dara made rifles of following calibers and had fired about 200 to 400 rounds in some cases. i paid lot of money at that time. accuracy i moved scope cross to where it hits. fix the gun with door making press equipment (shakanja). place tgt at 25 meter see through scope and fire now move cross at bullet hit. make sure gun doesn't move at all. now reload and fire and see through the scope cross it will go through the same hole. if it doesn't adjust again. but not third time coz then ur wind and ammo is variable not gun. no matter how that barrels is made it will fire in some way to discharge the projectile so move ur scope to that hitting point.
7.62 bolt action G3 ammo...................5 neelas at fort abbas(in 6 years at diffrent time)
7.62 ak 47 ammo bolt action...............many pigs
.223 M16 AMMO BOLT ACTION.............9 chankara kaloo wala toba and salam ser, bijnot( not more then one at a time)
.30 cal bolt action 14'' barrel...............dogs, fox, jackals, porcupines,
for all above cal foreign made barrels are also available but there was a chap with name Mr. Ghufraan HIS SHOP WAS UNDER UBL bank. he use to charge 6000 for barrel only and gun ranging 10k to 15k in 1988. it was very handsome amount in those days. i took one week with him at that time in dara adam khel with my friend James from USA.
i would still say that with foreign made barrel fixed is okay but heard many stories of barrel burst dara made that is true.

i am not expert as i have to write many number of posts hahahahaha

ACHILLES
06-08-2010, 08:28 PM
7.62 bolt action G3 ammo...................5 neelas at fort abbas(in 6 years at diffrent time)
.223 M16 AMMO BOLT ACTION.............9 chankara kaloo wala toba and salam ser, bijnot( not more then one at a time)

Sir from where did you get permits for shooting those animals?

Engineeer
07-08-2010, 05:46 PM

Sir from where did you get permits for shooting those animals?
cholistan authority

ACHILLES
07-08-2010, 08:17 PM
sir would you kind enough to give me the contact no: of the authority, so as i try to get a couple of permits for my self.

Skeeter60
19-08-2010, 01:29 PM
@ENGINEER

You are already an expert engineer who can challenge your expertise.
Kindly tell me in what bolt actions did you fix the 7.62 G3, the 7.62x 39 and the .223 barrels and were these barrels made in Darra or removed from old military weapons. Is the barrel for the G3 and the 7.62x 39 the same ?

Gilani
19-08-2010, 10:45 PM
@ENGINEER

You are already an expert engineer who can challenge your expertise.
Kindly tell me in what bolt actions did you fix the 7.62 G3, the 7.62x 39 and the .223 barrels and were these barrels made in Darra or removed from old military weapons. Is the barrel for the G3 and the 7x 39 the same ?
Interesting question. Waiting for Engineer sahib's answer :)