PDA

View Full Version : Akdal Mini 06 Pictures and Review

Abbas
28-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Salams, day before I went to the market to return my Akdal Ghost swearing never to touch another Akdal product again. As fate would test a gun lovers resolve in the very next shop I saw the Akdal Mini06. :|

Some eye candy below and then some first impressions.

Small and adorable.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/1_resize-1.jpg

Size comparison with a Nokia 5800. (to give a rough idea of the portability of the pistol)

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/2_resize-1.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/3_resize-1.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/4_resize-2.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/5_resize-1.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/6_resize-1.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/8_resize-1.jpg

Size comparison with the Taurus 145 (chambered in .45 ACP)

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/9_resize-1.jpg

A rough guide to bullet sizes for new members.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/10_resize-1.jpg

The PT145's .45 ammo vs the Akdal Mini's .22 LR ammo.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/11_resize-1.jpg

Just a picture taken to show how much powder solvent is required to clean guns. My bottle of Hoppes powder solvent just finished after about 15 months of use. On average I cleaned about 3/4 guns a week which translates into 200+ guns cleaned per bottle. Less is more :)

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/12_resize-1.jpg

First impressions:

The Mini06 is available in two calibers in our markets, the versatile and cheaply available .22 LR and the slightly more powerful .25 ACP. I opted for the .22 LR as I already have a wide variety of .22 ammo stockpiled.

Before buying I checked out atleast 5 other pieces and all had different triggers. The one I bought had the softest so I went for it. The Mini is a really great gun to hold, fits snugly in your hand. The plastic grip and the upwards curving magazine plate secure the pistol in your hand firmly. With a normal pistol three fingers hold the weapon grip whereas with the Mini there is only space for a two finger grip, but it is secure and comfortable. The pistol is the most point able weapon I have ever held simply because it is so small that with your finger on the trigger the pistol ends 4 centimeters from it.

The build quality is decent and the gun feels quite solid at 500g. Just as a side note and to appreciate Glocks I would like to mention that the weight of the full size Glock 17 is 625g ! The Mini holds 8+1 rounds although the 8th round fits so tight in the magazine that I doubt even cocking the slide will chamber it.

The gun itself has a 2.5 inch fixed barrel, fixed iron sights which are part of the pistol and is hammer fired. There is no slide realize or decocker and the pistol dis assembly latch also serves as a manual safety to carry in 'cocked and locked' mode :cool:

After fiddling around and reading the manual multiple times I could not disassemble the pistol. It's not complicated infact very simple, the dis assembly lug should popout like the Canik's / CZ75's but it does not.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/7_resize-1.jpg

Apart from that there's nothing much to say about this little pistol except you can carry it around in your pocket and forget it's there. I will test it at the range InshAllah this coming weekend. It should be interesting as most rimfire (.22) pistols are ammo sensitive.

It sells for 25 K and is available at PARA, Lahore.

Silent killerr
28-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Congrats, waiting for range report

Mani
28-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Nice Abbas Bro. waiting 4 range report!

ARlover
28-07-2010, 07:11 PM
MashAllah Congrats chief for mini hope very soon we see range report of mini

SPAYPANTHER
28-07-2010, 07:30 PM
it is also vary beautiful like your pervious akdal but i hope it will work batter...

BERETTA
28-07-2010, 09:17 PM
hope its result is better than the ghost :)

Mangloo Ramzani
28-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Abbas Sb waiting anxiously for the range results. Also you are right that .22 Pistols are ammo sensitive. Please do try different ammo types that you have stock piled on this little beauty!

One more thing, you said you chose the one with the lightest trigger. Pistols which take/fire Rim fire ammo are very sensitive, as far as accidental fire is concerned. Does the Mini offer trigger or firing pin safety??

MianTaimur
28-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Congrats on the new purchase , as mentioned by others.......we are all waiting for your range report !
Btw whats with the scratches and is there a crack on the rear sight or another scratch ? Was it NIB ?

Abbas
28-07-2010, 11:02 PM
@All Thank you.

@Mangloo Ramzani The pistol itself is single action only and there is a safety akin Cz-75/Canik etc which enables one to carry it with a round in the chamber and the hammer cocked but I would never consider carrying it on cocked and locked mode. It's an Akdal after all :) Will test througly with different ammo types.

@MianTaimur The rear sight is fine, I think there was a piece of fiber on it. It is NIB. Btw I don't know why the Akdal's are so non photogenic, pictures makes them look banged up. Perhaps the camera has a special insight into the Akdal's soul and is trying to tell us to stop buying and reviewing POS Akdal weapons ;)

Haider Shah
28-07-2010, 11:24 PM
Nice addition sir
Do all Turkish weapons spell their country like Turkiye ? How many twist are their in its barrel ? Can we have stripped gun view, regards

Salahuddin Ayubi
28-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Btw I don't know why the Akdal's are so non photogenic, pictures makes them look banged up. Perhaps the camera has a special insight into the Akdal's soul and is trying to tell us to stop buying and reviewing POS Akdal weapons ;)

:lol:

Looks nice and very portable/concealable in the looks/appearance dept. Waiting anxiously to see the results in the performance dept.

Nice addition to our existing handguns reviews database.

9mm
29-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Congrats bro ! I like it !
What's the magazine capacity ?

Slayerjatt
29-07-2010, 12:36 AM
lol chief. another akdal. :) i am sure akdal are trying hard to convince the chief of pakguns. the nike joggers and the ghost were the failed attempts. let's see how this one turns out. i sincerely hope this one performs well and doesn't show FTF that is very common in .22lr pistols. and if it does perform well, the married members would have a cost effective gun to present to their better halves. :)

mhrehman
29-07-2010, 12:51 AM
Abbas bhai congrats, and hope the gun lives up to your expectations.

Txshooter
29-07-2010, 12:53 AM
Congrats Abbas..really looking forward to your review. I've actually been looking for this pistol for weeks now, but can't seem to find it in khi. went all over the luck star area and also checked with DAAD and the new shop on zamzama. you have a client if you ever wish to sell it :)

Anthrax
29-07-2010, 01:01 AM
Still remember the look on your face Abbas bro when you held this little Plinker/Head-exploder. :D

Performance or no performance, I'm sure you're not going to part with it anytime soon! Remember that bit about "Cool-to-look-at paper weights"?!?! ;)

Zubair
29-07-2010, 01:14 AM
Looking forward to try this baby at range

R Shahreyar
29-07-2010, 03:06 PM
@ haider Shah. Turkey in turkish language is written and pronounced as Turkiye :)

Aquarius
29-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Looking forward for the range report.

Haider Shah
29-07-2010, 09:46 PM
@ R Shahreyar, thanks for the update

29-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Chief the deja vu is hitting me... remember the ghost.... some dandy looks but the ghost inside is revealed only on the range.. if it works fine, it will make a nice present..

Faheem
29-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Abbas this is simply the little piece of beauty. very impressive looks and phtography is also very detailed.

Though its not designed for range shooting :) but I am waiting the results of its performance of reliability, FTF & FTF.

Topak
29-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Abbas its nice looking pistol,where you have disadvantages of small bore pistols there you also have some plus points.
they conceal well,i was in hafizabad yesterday and was checked by police three times,but they couldnot find pistol in my pocket. ;)
Congrats for new baby.

musta ali
29-07-2010, 11:32 PM
congrats Abbas bhai,nice pistol best of luck

Ahsanfurqan
29-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Another Akdal....will be waiting for the range report :-)

Apalo
30-07-2010, 12:16 AM
@AKDAL
Hiay us sitamgar kay wahday per pher ahtabar karna :D

Naveed_pk
30-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Congrats for the new purchase Abbas bhai.. Looking best option to Conceal carry hope it perform well on shooting range. Anxiously waiting for the reveiw..
@ Apalo bro nice poetry

AK47
30-07-2010, 12:25 AM
@Chief..........Your initial introductory lines were more amusing! ;)

Congrats, nice to see that you obliged to my requested "Bakra" volunteering! :)

Some wiser man said: "If bitten twice from same "hole", be careful not to finger it trice! ;) :lol:

I hope your second attempt is somewhat less painful then the first "Ghosty" one! ;)

Best of luck, however, let's hear the BANGS, loud, clear, SMOOTH, hopefully! :)

Naveed_pk
30-07-2010, 12:27 AM
Lols !! Well said Ak bro

Denovo87
30-07-2010, 01:26 AM
Congrats Abbas bro, Looks beautiful n petite :) hope will not behave like its big brother, waiting for range report with fingers crossed ;)

Omer571
30-07-2010, 01:37 AM
Looks nice Chief. Hope this one provides us with good CC options. The previous one sucked ( I fired 222,s ghost and same problems as you mentioned).

coolbox18
30-07-2010, 05:27 AM
Abbas sb, congratulations on the new purchase. It is indeed a lovely item, have seen at para. hope it performs at par with its looks.
May I add, this is one of the very few things a gunner would be proudly boast of having the smallest!

Afzaal
30-07-2010, 09:42 AM
cute little one
hope result won't be like akdal-02

Amjad Ali
30-07-2010, 12:01 PM
congratulations abbas sb looking great

Dr Hanif Malik
30-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Congrats Abbas bro, Looks beautiful n petite :) hope will not behave like its big brother, waiting for range report with fingers crossed ;)
+me and welcome back given some time from your business:)same for umer bahi:)

Rasal.Saleh
30-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Eagerly waiting for the range reviw Chief

Regards

Yoosha
30-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Great looking item there... if your review suggests it performs well, then this just might be the next purchase i make...
I wonder though if it is available in the Karachi mkt. and at what price...!

Sonnenkind
30-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Abbas, great that you've bought this to try out and of course there'll be nothing but an objective and detailed range review, as usual. If for nothing else, for documentation purposes! ;) otherwise, although i'm hesitant to say this, there'd be something terribly wrong with this world if the mini works flawlessly

Having said that, of course, i wish it performs admirably. If the mini series doesn't have design issues, like i'm sure there are plenty with all generations of the bigger sibling, it'll be an excellent choice of a concealable weapon at a very attractive price.

Sonnenkind
30-07-2010, 05:50 PM
@Yoosha bro, you didn't augment your thread on the .22 ERMA with a range report. Or please pardon me if its on another thread and point me to it. Would greatly appreciate to have your experience and opinion of that.

The thing is, even if this particular Mini works (and we all hope it does) you'll still need to be prepared that maybe it was the excepetion, what with .22 compacts being ammo sensitive in addition to Akdal arms' "consistent" reputation with the Ghost.

Yoosha
02-08-2010, 02:14 AM
Sonnenkid:
I never got the chance to put the Erma through a full fledged test. I used it once at the range with imperial hps, and didnt find it satisfactory. So i took it back to DAAD and complained about the ejection issues and FTFs. The guy there, Adnan took a look at the the rounds i had in the mag, and didnt approve the idea of firing them. He said almost all .22s are ammo sensitive, and only one brand is absolutely relaible: CCI stinger. He gave me 10 rounds (for free) and told me to test them. He said If the gun troubled with these i could return it and get the money back. So i blasted those 10rnds at our factory and not once did it mal function...
So i went there again, told him he ws right and bought a box of CCI hps.
Even the p22 that i bought a cple of weeks back is supposed to be ammo sensitive. But it functions perfectly with cci's.

Abbas
02-08-2010, 03:15 AM
Salams, I did a little testing with the Akdal Mini06 and it seems we finally have a reasonable product from Akdal.

For testing I used four most commonly available and popular .22 LR brands which were:

a). Eley Club
b). Federal Game Shok Hollow Points
c). RWS Club
d). CCI High Velocity

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/A1.jpg

I started the test by rapid firing Eley Club and was quickly disappointed as almost every second round either failed to eject or simply did not fire. I moved on to RWS club and it performed a little better and jams and misfires decreased by half. I got pretty much got the same result firing Federal Hp's. I was a little reluctant to use CCI as they are the most expensive of the lot and did not want to waste them on a weapon that has sketchy reliability. Still .22 LR pistols are notorious for being very selective about ammo so I thought I would try one or two mags of CCI as well to complete the test. As soon as the CCI rounds were loaded the pistol turned into another animal and fired flawlessly. Infact rapid fire on this little pistol is just fantastic and a real pleasure, sounds like something from the movies.

A rapid fire target: (I had not adjusted to the sights yet)

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/Rapid.jpg

In all I put about 150 rounds on rapid fire though it yesterday and most of them worked fine. The ones that didn't did not require any effort except either racking the slide to eject the offending round or recocking the hammer in case of a misfire.
Just when I was about to close the test yesterday and give it average marks, I learnt something strange shooting this pistol, keeping a loose grip eliminated most misfires !? Did Akdal make it that way keeping the fairer sex in mind ?

I thought about would could be causing the FTE's and immediately remembered Eley and RWS club are subsonic and contain a lesser degree of gunpowder compared to CCI MiniMag and Federal GameShok which are both High Velocity. The higher charged rounds send the slide back properly to eject and load the next round while the lower charged Club's built for target shooting don't.

Although dirty, I did not clean the pistol after firing 150+ rounds though it yesterday. .22's get messy fast and I wanted to see exactly how sensitive to fouling it was. Today I took it to the range again uncleaned and had the targets placed at 7M (33Feet) since that is the maximum distance required for a pistol this size.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/A2.jpg

Shooting RWS Club: Quickly learnt that sights were quite out of sync. Had to compensate and aim at 4 at 9o clock

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/B.jpg

Federal GameShok High Velocity

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/C.jpg

CCI MiniMag

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/D.jpg

The sights of the pistol are far from centered and there is nothing I can do about it as they are fixed. I can however learn to compensate as the gun itself is shooting quite accurate and consistent. I was also impressed that in two days I fired a total of over 350 rounds though it without cleaning and it worked fine.

If you decide to buy this gun, keep in mind that it is a delightful little thing but ammo sensitive. Use CCI in it and you will seldom get misfires or jams and even if you do they are fixed by simply recocking the hammer for a second strike or racking the slide to eject the offending round.

Verdict: I like this little gun and am going to keep it. Will only shoot CCI MiniMag though it though.

Rasal.Saleh
02-08-2010, 03:27 AM
Thanx for thr review chief...

but what if some other piece turns out to be a lemon like your ghost

Regards

Anthrax
02-08-2010, 03:35 AM
Thanx for thr review chief...

but what if some other piece turns out to be a lemon like your ghost

Regards

Then you can always make a lemonade out of it! :P

Great review of the Akdal Abbas bro! This gun was destined to stay with you, that much I know! :P

Mani
02-08-2010, 03:56 AM
Nice...
Abbas bro. thanx 4 reivew.

Apalo
02-08-2010, 11:28 AM
now Akdal get the passing marks from a professor for its Mini 06. :)

Shariq
02-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Great review.
What is the cost of CCI MiniMag rd ?

coolbox18
02-08-2010, 03:06 PM
@ Abbas sb, great review as usual. Pls do mention the price of CCI minimag.

@Anthrax

Then you can always make a lemonade out of it! :P

:lol: :lol:

XMen
02-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Great review Abbas bhai ... I am looking forward to buy this baby for CC purpose

AK47
02-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Thanks Abbas bro, glad this one is not going the same route back! ;)

Anyhow, great to know at least some decency by Akdal, yet I'm of the opinion that you're 50/50 still, too petty an amount to reimburse, and then the gun at least with the CCI's seems to be working quite well. Let's hear some small bangs again! :)

@Chief...........Such "petite" items look great anywhere in the house, never mind what they fire and what they do not fire! :lol:

ARlover
02-08-2010, 04:22 PM
after see chief mini i go to para on my last visit i see this mini its great little baby after see abbas bhai test report i think its work best with Federal GameShok High Velocity

ARlover
02-08-2010, 04:33 PM
onething i dont like low cap mag only 6 shots :P

Birdshooter007
02-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Wow, so small and handy

maverick880
02-08-2010, 05:03 PM
simply a small beauty
a good concealable weapon, i think i can gift it to my wife to keep it in her hand bag, but will do it with dummy ammo :lol:

Gilani
02-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Great review Abbas sahib. It gives a very comprehensive and authentic idea about the performance of Akdal Mini. Thanks for the effort.

What I conclude from this review, this product is not fit to be carried for SD. An SD handgun should be absolutely reliable with most types of ammos that are available in the market. One just cant afford to take out such a gun in an SD situation which may or may not fire. Its better not to carry a gun than carrying an unreliable gun, IMHO. :)

Birdshooter007
02-08-2010, 11:30 PM
One just cant afford to take out such a gun in an SD situation which may or may not fire. Its better not to carry a gun than carrying an unreliable gun, IMHO. :)

Birdshooter007
02-08-2010, 11:31 PM
+1 Gilani bro

Dr Zakir
03-08-2010, 12:26 AM
intersting results ? you should try it at increasing distances . it would be great . how is the size compare to P22

AK47
03-08-2010, 12:39 AM
intersting results ? you should try it at increasing distances . it would be great . how is the size compare to P22

@ Dr. Sb............70%! ;) :lol:

Dr Zakir
03-08-2010, 12:40 AM
good

Glocky
03-08-2010, 08:07 PM
@Abbas, great review bro. Very professionally done. Though i have my doubts about you keeping this one. Lets see

Faheem
03-08-2010, 09:09 PM
AK47 Bro thanks God finally we have got the positive review of Akdal Mini from Abbas Bhai :)
Now we can confidently suggest mentioned handgun to any one, who wanna buy mini handgun in economical price..

Abbas bhai thank you so much for giving this detailed and positive review for Akdal Mini 06 first time on this forum ....

wasifali89
04-08-2010, 12:36 AM
quite a nice thing to carry around

Afzaal
04-08-2010, 11:04 AM
good to know result was not like akdal 02

great report.

adnan mubeen
06-08-2010, 02:53 PM
anyone knows its availibility and price in karachi ?

Abbas
06-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Thank you all for the kind comments. I almost forgot about this thread.

@Gilani Sb. I think the Mini is meant more as a gun for last resort or a backup gun. With CCI it fires just fine and I think could be carried as a backup gun.

@Glocky For the moment I have lots of spare/empty licenses and the Mini at 25k is a good plaything to keep a licenese busy at the moment. Perhaps when I find something I really like and need an empty license the Akdal will be one of the first to go.

newlook
07-08-2010, 09:10 PM
nice little gun and great shooting

Mig
12-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Zabardast..

ACHILLES
12-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Abbas bhai if you like it, what i can say. Have nice time with the gun.

Aqleem
03-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Moved to a new thread.

hamadbaig
30-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Beautifull indeed.I would love to hear about its range results ..

Mehdi
04-10-2011, 05:31 PM
@Aqleem,

Bro,

You still have the Akdal .22 ? any mind about disposing it off? let me know.

Asif Jhammat
11-05-2012, 10:49 PM
nice review brother

ajmal virk
12-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Nice compact handgun especailly females would like it much.

AKHTER HUSSAIN
17-05-2012, 06:26 PM
اس کی قیمت کیا ہے؟

Nazim Sahib
19-05-2012, 12:41 PM
25k if i am correct.

AKHTER HUSSAIN
19-05-2012, 03:05 PM
25k if i am correct.

جزاک اللہ خیرا

shahroze
03-10-2012, 08:24 PM
nice little beauty you got there and good results keep up the good work bro

treble
03-10-2012, 09:45 PM
nice little pistol for training especially.

treble
03-10-2012, 09:46 PM
The ruger sr22 .22 is not ammo sensitive , on youttube i have seen hickok45 fire winchester and federal bulk ammo without a single problem.

treble
03-10-2012, 09:47 PM
If the ruger comes in our market in less than 60k i am going to buy it instantly.

treble
03-10-2012, 09:48 PM
If the ruger comes in our market in less than 60k i am going to buy it instantly.

gunlover2020
04-01-2013, 09:44 PM

The Estimated Price For Ruger SR22 IN PAK MARKET IS 80K +

B-King
16-05-2013, 06:13 AM
Waow! Its a cute lill gun..... Happy shooting it.