PDA

View Full Version : Query > Best .22 Pistol ?

Vik
14-07-2010, 05:16 AM
Aoa
So I was wondering which is the best .22 target pistol with extended barrel.
And want to know if they can eat all types of .22. Or just the expensive ones.
My heart is kind of between Walther SP22 and Beretta Target87. Just confused.
And want something easy to assemble.
All ideas, sugggestions are more than welcome.

Survivalist
14-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Ruger Mark III hunter, eat everything, long, accurate.

Aoa
So I was wondering which is the best .22 target pistol with extended barrel.
And want to know if they can eat all types of .22. Or just the expensive ones.
My heart is kind of between Walther SP22 and Beretta Target87. Just confused.
And want something easy to assemble.
All ideas, sugggestions are more than welcome.

Gilani
14-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Ruger Mk III Competition is a good one for target shooting. Very accurate and no ammo problems. You can see its performance both in Handgun Accuracy thread and in Competitive Shooting and Marksmanship thread.
Walther SP22 is known to be ammo sensitive.
Have never fired Beretta target87 but have heard good things about it.
Best of luck in purchase. :)

Vik
14-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Dear Brothers Thanks for replying.
Any comment on assembling MarkIII Hunter.

Moeen
14-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Salam All,
I OWN the following and they work FLAWLESSLY with all ammo - And I have owned most of the listed below for over three years:
Beretta 87
Walther P22
Walther SP22 (bought this one to the ISB GTG)
Browning Buckmark
Ruger 22/45
Advantage Arms Glock .22 conversion

The Walther has always been my all around carry for fun plinking.
It may NOT give the same .25inch group at fifty yards as the Ruger or the Buckmark - but then again its VERY CLOSE like .50inch group.
All the guns have performed very well for me in scenarios like shooting at extreme distances at a brick or something.

The Mark III Hunter is one of the best but do remember its only target gun - you can't carry it everywhere.

Skeeter60
14-07-2010, 08:59 PM
My humble experience with -22s first hand is as under;

best all around Ruger Mk 2 and 3
best for CC or back up Walther PPK or Walther PP
best Match gun for Standard Pistol Match Hammerli 280, Pardini and Walther Expert GSP
best International Rapid Fire Pistol Match Pardini RF
My list of lemons include the Walther SP 22

Gilani
14-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Salam All,
The Walther has always been my all around carry for fun plinking.
It may NOT give the same .25inch group at fifty yards as the Ruger or the Buckmark - but then again its VERY CLOSE like .50inch group.

Moeen bhai, .50 inches group at 50 yards :o :o This is dream shooting. Is it the result from machine rest or shot by a shooter?
regards

Vik
14-07-2010, 10:12 PM
My humble experience with -22s first hand is as under;

best all around Ruger Mk 2 and 3
best for CC or back up Walther PPK or Walther PP
best Match gun for Standard Pistol Match Hammerli 280, Pardini and Walther Expert GSP
best International Rapid Fire Pistol Match Pardini RF
My list of lemons include the Walther SP 22

Dear Sir
You nailed it. It was actually Walther Expert GSP that I had in mind.
Thanks.
Let's see If I can find and afford It.

Vik
14-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Dear Brother's
You have voted MakIII hunter as your favorite. But one bottleneck that comes to mind is
assembling the beauty?
And If i remember correctly older version used in the movie Assassins starring Stallone and Banderas.

Best Regards
Vik

Vik
14-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Ok. I played a bit with Target 87 at a dealer's place. Just loved It. There was some expensive sights on it too. Just awesome.

Survivalist
15-07-2010, 12:31 AM
Dear Brother's
You have voted MakIII hunter as your favorite. But one bottleneck that comes to mind is
assembling the beauty?
And If i remember correctly older version used in the movie Assassins starring Stallone and Banderas.

Best Regards
Vik

Field strip and assembling is bit tricky but many video lessons and tips available online

Sohail Waheed
15-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Ok. I played a bit with Target 87 at a dealer's place. Just loved It. There was some expensive sights on it too. Just awesome.
Dear VIK, can you please eleborate further regarding that expensive sights?

HammadArshad
15-07-2010, 10:10 AM
@Sohail Waheed bhai, that was nothing but some really good holographic sight... and asking price was 25K I don't remember the brand though.

Vik
15-07-2010, 01:13 PM

They don't come with the gun. Separate product and additional bill.
Waheed bhi, If you ever get bored with your Target 87. I would be the right
person to contact.

Best Regards
Vik

Arslan_tareen
15-07-2010, 02:12 PM
how about the old bird colt woodsman .22lr ? any one own or every used it ? the third series is i think the best looking .22 target pistol ever made the feel in hand is just great and its 6" barrel gets you amazing range and accuracy . it is a very old pistol though, some model or most of the model are pre ww2 , but still is one of the best target pistol i have ever seen ,or used .

Sohail Waheed
15-07-2010, 03:29 PM

They don't come with the gun. Separate product and additional bill.
Waheed bhi, If you ever get bored with your Target 87. I would be the right
person to contact.

Best Regards
Vik
Will do brother.

Vik
17-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Aoa
Kindly comment on this .22 pistol
Browning buck mark 5.5 urx.

Moeen
17-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Salam All,
Ahh, the Browning Buckmark CONTOUR URX 5.5. I have had the pleasure of owning one now for about three years. GREAT gun.... direct rival to the Rugers (which I also own). I like the Contour URX for the ergonomic grip angle (which unless you have the Ruger 22/45 like me) which on the standard Rugers is slightly more angled. The buckmark looks and functions just as good as the Rugers I have owned in my lifetime. It is I have found to be a very very accurate gun. It comes with fingergroove rubber grips, scope rails, gold plated trigger, adj sights.

Vik
18-07-2010, 04:20 AM
Salam All,
Ahh, the Browning Buckmark CONTOUR URX 5.5. I have had the pleasure of owning one now for about three years. GREAT gun.... direct rival to the Rugers (which I also own). I like the Contour URX for the ergonomic grip angle (which unless you have the Ruger 22/45 like me) which on the standard Rugers is slightly more angled. The buckmark looks and functions just as good as the Rugers I have owned in my lifetime. It is I have found to be a very very accurate gun. It comes with fingergroove rubber grips, scope rails, gold plated trigger, adj sights.

Thanks Moeen bhi. Is it the same weight as Hunter MarkIII.

Dr Zakir
19-07-2010, 01:54 AM
browning buckmark bull barrel ( now looking for it since 6 months ) or ruger mark 3 or 2 .

Moeen
19-07-2010, 02:17 AM
Salam All,
@VIK - If you go to: http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=006B&cat_id=051&type_id=421&content=buck-mark-contour-5.5-urx-firearms
for browning specs.
And if you go to: http://ruger.com/products/markIIIHunter/models.html
for Ruger specs.
Compare for yourself.

mhrehman
19-07-2010, 01:55 PM
+1 to Moeen bhai, when you compare them you'll see for yourself

PUNJTANI5
19-07-2010, 06:12 PM
my only reply in 4 words is
any you can buy

Skeeter60
18-11-2010, 01:59 PM
ARSALAN TAREEN

COLT WOODSMAN is a dream pistol, it has a tremendous collector value. There is nothing like it .

Vik
18-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Vik's dream pistol/MarkIII has been bumped up. Don't have the funds and lic so far.Sigh

hskhan2k2
25-11-2010, 05:40 AM
my view average pistol is sig mosquito.....