PDA

View Full Version : My Magazine Collection

KageFox
08-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Summer vacations are a time when I (am forced to :P) clean up my room, and throw out all the useless stuff. This time, I found some treasure (that I had buried a year or two ago)...

Behold, my magazine collection :D

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/Gun%20Magazines/GunMagazines-08196.jpg
These are Petersen's Handguns issues, older than I am. These used to belong to Abba. All are from Aug 1990 - May 1991, except the last one in the middle row - that's from 1993. The bottom row has a G&A Annual, and a couple others Abba collected...

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/Gun%20Magazines/GunMagazines-08200.jpg
These are all my issues of the SWAT magazine, dating from Dec 04 - Jan 08. Obviously, I don't have the issue of each month, just random ones I could get my hands on...

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/Gun%20Magazines/GunMagazines-08198.jpg
These are the issues of FMG GUNS and American Handgunner, once again all random. I'd mention here that, IMHO, GUNS is the best of the whole lot, few ads and excellent stuff. Love the gun photos in there, their photographer is a real artist...

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/Gun%20Magazines/GunMagazines-08201.jpg
Here are the collected issues of G&A Handguns. This one's bi-monthly, and my collection spans over the period from Aug 04 - Mar 09.

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/Gun%20Magazines/GunMagazines-08204.jpg
This is my collection of Guns&Ammo, the one I have most in number (I could hardly fit 'em all in the picture :D). Spans from Feb 05 - Mar 09.

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/KageFoxOS/Gun%20Magazines/GunMagazines-08207.jpg
Finally, these are all the other mags, which are either special issues, or magazines which I did not buy regularly. Among them are a couple of issues of Combat Handguns and Shooting Sports, a UK airguns magazine. The 2nd (from top) row contains mostly G&A special issues, which are dedicated to tactical guns, surplus weapons, rimfires, etc. Then there's a whole crop of annual issues, from '05 to '09, of Shooting Times, Handguns and Guns&Ammo.

All in all, a grand total of 106 (I think) magazines, all of which have contributed to my knowledge base about weapons :)

Hope you like it!

Amjad Ali
08-07-2010, 01:54 PM
kage Fox bro you have a treasure of knowledge of Handguns, I would like to study these magazines but may be next time hope you will enjoying your slection . :)

LionHeart
08-07-2010, 02:03 PM
@KF:

Brother so that's the secret why you talk so much over here ... ;) Indeed you are having a huge collection of Gun Magazines so brother when you would be posting them on WTS :D I wish to have some of them :P

Denovo87
08-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Nice collection of magzines KF bro, and thanks for revealing secret behind your knowlege of weaponry :)

KageFox
08-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Well, as of now, they are not for sale :P Will let you know whenever I am short of space :D

Thank you all for appreciating. And yes, this is partly why I talk so much about guns... all due to years of accumulated info and PG being the only cool outlet :)

Salahuddin Ayubi
08-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Well, as of now, they are not for sale :P Will let you know whenever I am short of space :D

Thank you all for appreciating. And yes, this is partly why I talk so much about guns... all due to years of accumulated info and PG being the only cool outlet :)

Ha ha. Who's talkin about purchasin. I'm comin to pick'em up. :)

KageFox
08-07-2010, 03:27 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Who said I'm going to sell? When I'm tired of 'em, it's take-all-you-want ;)

MianTaimur
08-07-2010, 11:05 PM
@Kagefox
No wonder , why you are so well versed in technical jargin about weapons and ammo !
It is always good to read magazines of your interest and get yourself updated with new info and articles about various related subjects.

Rizshu
08-07-2010, 11:12 PM
@Kagefox

Brother this is what you were going to throw out? damn, sound like library of GUN university. :D

KageFox
08-07-2010, 11:16 PM
No, sir, not at all! As I said, this was the buried treasure, which has been buried yet again, this time, with more care... :D

The older issues were pretty torn up... you'll notice that I am missing the cover page of the third one in the first photo. Almost all of them were in a delicate condition... I just had to put 'em together... which I did using paper clips... :)

SalmanHusain
09-07-2010, 12:46 AM
well know i know ur treasure chest of knowledge!!! could u guide me which is the best yearly magazine to buy???

KageFox
09-07-2010, 01:05 AM
Well, about the yearlies... not all of 'em are available regularly... most of these finds (read: all) are flukes.

G&A (and all its associated stuff) is usually good, only thing with them is that most pics in the annual issues are B/W. I have yet to find a GUNS annual... from the sneakpeaks I've seen, it appears to be pretty good. The best are the G&A special issues. I read and re-read them, and never get bored... Look for them especially, if you can...

Liberty Books usually keeps some in stock (not too outdated) but at a ghastly price, which I refuse to pay, unless it is too tempting to pass over, or it's a really special issue. Agha's Supermarket usually has the latest G&A monthly... but that too is pretty expensive. I got most of mine from a tiny shop in Khadda Market. He sells them to me for around Rs 70 per mag (as some of the stuff is even more than a year old), and even gives a small discount when purchasing a larger number... Same guy sets a stall in the Defence Sunday Bazaar, usually has a slightly better variety there, as he combines inventory with other book sellers...

Hope that helps...

PS. If you'd like to start collecting, start with whatever's on hand. Look for new versions every couple of months or so... you'll strike gold soon enough :D

PSS. One of my magazines came with a complimentary Shoot 'n See Target! All depends on luck :)

Exhibitionshooterhamza
09-07-2010, 01:30 AM
nice collection bro
ill see on sunday what u have learn't from these magazines.
lol =)
good to have u on board

Salahuddin Ayubi
09-07-2010, 12:42 PM
It'll be great to see our young bro KF after all this time.

@ KageFox,

Tag the treasure 'reserved' bro :)

MianTaimur
09-07-2010, 01:29 PM

@ KageFox,

I hope you plan to issue library cards, for your future reserved treasures ! :P

SalmanHusain
09-07-2010, 01:58 PM

@ KageFox,

I hope you plan to issue library cards, for your future reserved treasures ! :P
same here!!! aint PG membership is enough??? :D

Gunpsycho
09-07-2010, 03:01 PM
@KF A real treasure Bro :) was about to start this thread :) :)

maverick880
09-07-2010, 04:08 PM
oh , kage bro , its really a treasure , what a huge pile of value

PUNJTANI5
12-07-2010, 12:35 AM
can we have link to access / read online versions of some gun and ammo and gunsmithing magazines , can PG have subscription etc . plz think

Mangloo Ramzani
13-07-2010, 11:42 PM
WOW! What a collection KF Bro! :)

Magazines always cover a wide range of topics in the form of articles. I've always found them very informative and helpful!

I too have a similar collection of magazines, but they're all about my love for Aircrafts and Aeromodeling! (sorry no guns!) :D

Rasal.Saleh
13-07-2010, 11:58 PM

PG is only the cool place half my friends dont know what i am talkin bout the other half dosent want to....

SalmanHusain
14-07-2010, 02:26 AM

PG is only the cool place half my friends dont know what i am talkin bout the other half dosent want to....
same here!! most of my friend either get annoyed or make faces except one and my family members hush me up when ever i talk about hunting or firearms>... well once was talking to my cousin she said if ever u will have a GF and will be sitting in a park with her and she will ask how her hair due is looking and suddenly a pure breed ALSATIAN comes buy and your answer would be "DADA KUTTA KA COAT TO CHECK KER KIYA SHINE MAR RAHA HAY, WAKAI MAY KHANDANI KUTTA HOGA" :cool:

Rasal.Saleh
14-07-2010, 02:34 AM
+1 sir
why cant be there more people like us that like guns outdoors animals "old school men hobbies" instead of playing Call of Duty on thier playstations
I am 22 so my age group usually does this

Sparticas
15-07-2010, 01:46 AM
Like always, this thread is also full of info and now i came to know that except googling where this knowledge comes from......... :)
Good Collection dear KF

SalmanHusain
26-07-2010, 09:18 PM
+1 sir
why cant be there more people like us that like guns outdoors animals "old school men hobbies" instead of playing Call of Duty on thier playstations
I am 22 so my age group usually does this
ur 22 iam 19 its even more diff for me they r just after girls or a stupid thing called i-phone 3G.

Skeeter60
27-07-2010, 12:31 AM
KF
One of these days an oldish grey haired short tough looking "Raddi Wala " will appear on your doorstep and offer such a good price to your servant he will not say no and all your magazines will be gone.
Hope you guessed the raddi wala in disguise.

More power to you.

wasifali89
27-07-2010, 01:51 AM
if u were in my city, i would have definitely borrowed them from u to read them 5 at a time

Skeeter60
27-07-2010, 03:49 PM
KF

What I appreciate most about you is that you write as if you have lots of practical experience. Few people have the ability to read and get correct information; you are one of those rare geniuses who get the jist of the write up without bias and write objectively.
May God bless you. keep it up.

Aquarius
27-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Missed this thread altogether.. thats really a great collection of magazines you got KageFox brother.. the secret of your excellent knowledge into weapons.. :D
Thanks for sharing.

KageFox
28-07-2010, 01:40 PM
@Skeeter60, Aquarius: Thank you sirs, for your kind words

@Skeetor60: You won't need a disguise, nor will you have to pay a price :D

bbiillaall
20-10-2010, 08:05 PM
very nice collection sir

StormPX4
21-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Mashallah , Nice stuff you got.

One of member asked about the online version , well wolf publishing has that offer but sicne it is a paid service, so anyone interested can subscribe and has full online version availabel to download.

But there is one other thing you can get one or two article free in there sample of Magazine.

the URL of wolf publishing is mentioned below :

http://www.riflemagazine.com/home/index.cfm

:)