PDA

View Full Version : DIGITAL HANDGUNS/ High-Tech Guns

Usama
03-07-2010, 11:48 AM
ARMATIX IP1
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9646/arm2n.jpg
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8162/armagw.jpg

This high-tech gun belonged to Armatix. The German firm has an electronic safety that automatically disables the pistol when itís not within a few inches of a custom wristwatch. The watch sends a wireless arming signal to the gun. If the gun is picking up a signal from the watch, a green LED on the back lights up. Try squeezing the handle without wearing the watch, and you will see a red warning light. Anyone can pick up a limited edition version of the pistol for about 7,000 euro , which is pretty steep for a .22cal plinker.

.22 LR calibre, 10 round magazine
electronic magazine disconnect
different operating modes
an operating distance of up to 15 inches
integrated grip and drop safety
color-coded operating mode, patented mechatronic interface for, e.g. camera control and target acquisition control modules.

Usama
03-07-2010, 11:51 AM
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/5241/erma3.jpg

Usama
03-07-2010, 11:53 AM
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/5462/erma4.jpg

It has a laser rangefinder that can automatically adjust your sights to compensate for the fall of each bullet over long distances. Just point the crosshairs at the target, push a button on the side of the scope, and a bright red dot will show you exactly where the bullet will fall.

Sparticas
03-07-2010, 12:05 PM
a very nice share Usama dear, the ARMATEX IP 1 is really very interesting, it means if you don't av that watch you can't use the gun,,, i think they are now heading toward the electronically controlling the Guns without licenses and they ll do so by issuing the license with the watch... :D it means no license no firing :)

MianTaimur
03-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Interesting share Usama ! Seems like space age weaponry to me...........fascinating.
Btw what is one supposed to do , when the batteries die down in the watch or the pistol ? :P

Usama
03-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Interesting share Usama ! Seems like space age weaponry to me...........fascinating.
Btw what is one supposed to do , when the batteries die down in the watch or the pistol ? :P

Bro the watch has a battery life of 5000 rounds/ 1 year stand by time. :)

Cap1
03-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Then the BG will tell you its your time ;)

Sparticas
03-07-2010, 12:24 PM

and for more more rounds and stand by time you have to pay more for your license and you have to count your firing sessions every time (to keep track of how much have you fired) other wise as Cap1 said the BG will tell you what to do.. :D

Usama
03-07-2010, 12:45 PM

and for more more rounds and stand by time you have to pay more for your license and you have to count your firing sessions every time (to keep track of how much have you fired) other wise as Cap1 said the BG will tell you what to do.. :D

The watch would definately count the rounds fired since it has the life 5000 rounds ;) , a must
from such a high tech gun ... On the other hand 5 k is quite enough limit ??

Sparticas
03-07-2010, 12:50 PM
The watch would definately count the rounds fired since it has the life 5000 rounds ;) , a must
from such a high tech gun ... On the other hand 5 k is quite enough limit ??

like we have here for that facility in your watch you going to pay more for your license :)

EF KAY
03-07-2010, 12:52 PM
If they put some charging circuit with barrel then the battery will automatically charged full after each fired round :P (Just an idea) LOL

MianTaimur
03-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Then the BG will tell you its your time ;)

hahahaha good one Cap1 :lol:

Topak
03-07-2010, 01:52 PM
amazing........but for gun lovers its not good sign.
i hope ,soon our DARRA experts will also make such gun....

PsiFactor
03-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Nope!These Guns must have Micro-electronics in it.

MianTaimur
03-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Nope!These Guns must have Micro-electronics in it.

I believe those micro electronic kits could me manufactured indeginiously or imported from China!!

They would just need a sample and copying it wont be an issue (reverse engineering)

EF KAY
03-07-2010, 02:36 PM
If China will do reverse engineering than they will definitely add some touch pads for operation.
Sights contain Auto face, head, leg detection of BG etc..:)

mhrehman
03-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Humor aside, once I had a distinct opportunity of firing a handgun made by an Australian company called metal storm, it was quiet a remarkable piece of technology, but without going in details, there are some issues with these guns that they are working on, a small example is that in a combat situation if you damage the gun and damage the circuitry inside, it will not fire. I am sure that in future we will be seeing lots of innovations in this industry, But I pray that all these things are invented for defensive reason/deterrent and not for war.

Usama Bro, can you please tell me the name of the self adjusting scoper

fahadkhalid
03-07-2010, 05:32 PM
there was a movie, i dont remember the name, and i dont remember the actor in it also, all i remember is tht monica belluci was in the movie ;) and the actor played a male nanny, and he had to make sure that the baby in his care reached the destination safe and sound. khair that aside, in the movie, the hero snatches the BGs gun and tries to shoot him with it...but the gun just wont fire neither was he able to rake the slide. the gun had fingerprint scanner embedded in the trigger. i think that was a pretty remarkable concept for a gun. atleast the BG will have to cut off ur finger to shoot you

Anthrax
03-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Space age stuff! I guess the red-green light represents a grip safety feature of some sort?

Usama
03-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Space age stuff! I guess the red-green light represents a grip safety feature of some sort?

To my understanding The green light represents that Gun is Ready to be fired , and not able to
fire at Red light .. :)

Mitho
03-07-2010, 10:31 PM
@fahad khalid
movies name JUST SHOOTEM UP.and the guns shown were finger print activated.

Usama
03-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Usama Bro, can you please tell me the name of the self adjusting scoper

Its been manufactured by Burris , model is Eliminatorô Laserscope

KageFox
03-07-2010, 10:57 PM
WHOA! The tech used in guns sure has advanced...

I believe that the first few posts by brother Usama shows a perfect contrast in technology's approach towards guns. On one hand, we have a superb scope, which is self adjusting (a useful utility for long-range hunters and snipers), and on the other, we have, IMHO, an absurdly expensive electronic safety on a handgun... an impractical step to idiot-proof the gun...

arfat110
29-01-2011, 06:11 PM
wow kool guns

Shahsjs
29-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Nice share Usama bhi.Well i just watched some clips of this smart gun.So i would like to share it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_7P7BM3sEA&feature=related

Shahsjs
29-01-2011, 06:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-auX26P7Xbg

paki.gunner
08-03-2012, 11:47 PM
its a very nice thread. do you have any pics or videos of corner shot gun?

American Lockpicker
15-03-2012, 10:41 AM
I remember watching a video around a decade ago about Colt developing a smart gun. I wonder whatever happened with that...

TRX
21-04-2012, 02:21 AM
Rule 1: The gun must go BANG when the trigger is pulled.Rule 2: The gun must go BANG *again* when the trigger each following time.Rule 3: see Rule 1.

ajmal virk
21-04-2012, 08:47 AM
so if you have to fire during hand to hand fight would you be able to make few clicks on your watch .

hsnmz
26-09-2012, 03:36 PM
what during a hostile situation the watch hits the 5000 mark or the BG breaks the watch ;)

iffi
26-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Zabardast Bro

davidglory
11-12-2012, 03:10 AM
i bet it will take years before it will reach asia. :)

the price on that will sky high too.

TRX
07-01-2013, 01:28 AM
On further consideration, I'm not as much against the idea of a range-sensitive interlock as I once was.

Where I am, the incidence of theft from both open and concealed carry people has been rising steadily. Standing in lines or in crowded areas, someone will notice you have a gun, then try to grab it from its holster and run.

If you could maintain the required distance, at least they couldn't shoot you or any others nearby with the gun. It wouldn't be of any use until someone took it apart and disabled the interlock.

Any interlock system would have to default to "fire" if it failed or the battery ran down, though. A gun that won't fire is moderately useful as a club, but you don't want to bring a club to a gunfight...