PDA

View Full Version : .22 Best Buy advice?

Survivalist
30-06-2010, 07:37 PM
I am planning to buy couple of .22 rifles. Purpose is hunting, target prectice, in-vehicle/home defense. My choice is .22 LR & .22 WMR. Rifles under consideration include CZ, Anschutz, Armscore and Russian .22 LR & WMR while in tactical look, G22 and M4.

I want durability, endurance, accuracy, reliability and compactness.

Problem is that I read on internet that ppl complaining reliability (feed, misfire and unable to eject properly) issues in G22 & M4. Personally I like G22 but read ammo sensetivity, rear sight and scope mount issues? Any personal experience with long time usage will help. How much M4 is durable and reliable, is it also ammo sensetive and FTF, FTE issues over time and how accurate is this as I personally do not find M4 style sighting system to be reliable.

Also I know that Anschutz and CZ are most reliable but how much their wood endure abuse? are they dependable? and any experience with Fillipines .22 WMR 1500 and Russian .22 Lr rifles?

Your advice and experiences will help choose durable, accurate survival rifles pair, one for hunting (may be a WMR) and a compact one for backup (tactical .22 LR). Thanks in anticipation.

Dr Hanif Malik
30-06-2010, 09:32 PM
bro i dont know much about g22 and m4,but for target shooting and for hunting,some differences are,
for target
anchutz is on top,sako marlin,brno are very good and accurate.
for hunting
wmr,,,,brno sako marlin are equally best.
hd,sd and for collection,
g22,m4

note please dont go towards philpine and russian,and if you want deer hunt,boar etc than buy hornet series thanks:)

Moeen
30-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Salam All,
RUGER 10/22

KageFox
30-06-2010, 10:36 PM
+1 Moeen Bhai

The Ruger 10/22 could take care of, more or less, all of the purposes you just mentioned. Availability, at least in Karachi, is another matter altogether.

If two guns are considered:
Hunting/Target-shooting: CZ Brno is one of the more budget-friendly options, to my knowledge...
Defense (although I do not recommend a .22 for defense): GSG-5 (Have heard that this is better than the G22, however, one who has owned both will be in the better position to comment)

Topak
30-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Salam All,
RUGER 10/22
moeen Sir,
any .22 pistol for SD back-up?
which also can be found in Pakistan and ammu availability will be no problem.
.22 lr or .22 mag ?

AK47
01-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Salam All,
RUGER 10/22
moeen Sir,
.22 lr or .22 mag ? Come on dear Topak bro, you need another "back up" weapon! I hope all is well in the courts! :lol:

Survivalist
01-07-2010, 10:59 AM
bro i dont know much about g22 and m4,but for target shooting and for hunting,some differences are,
for target
for hunting
g22,m4

note please dont go towards philpine and russian,and if you want deer hunt,boar etc than buy hornet series thanks:)

Thanks Dr sb, but hornet round is rarely available, please correct me if I am wrong and a few rifles available in market.

Survivalist
01-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Salam All,
RUGER 10/22

Moeen Bhai, I doubt availability of 10/22 in Pakistan, is it available anywhere here?

Topak
01-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Salam All,
RUGER 10/22
moeen Sir,
.22 lr or .22 mag ? Come on dear Topak bro, you need another "back up" weapon! I hope all is well in the courts! :lol:
its quite fine around.
just i am falling in love with .22 i have a .25 ACP as backup item....but want to change due to non-availability of ammu in gujranwala.
and i use to keep my .25 in my laptop bag,a threat against the street criminals and Dogs... :lol: :lol:

Sohail
01-07-2010, 12:01 PM
APW (all purpose weapon) :) GSG 5. .22 is majorly used for target practice. the cost has gone higer 3 months back i made purchase for my colleague for 75k in khi but as per my new know its gone up 90K.

MianTaimur
01-07-2010, 12:55 PM
APW (all purpose weapon) :) GSG 5. .22 is majorly used for target practice. the cost has gone higer 3 months back i made purchase for my colleague for 75k in khi but as per my new know its gone up 90K.

So they have touched 90k already !!
I think the prices of GSG-5 is going to go up in our market :| , as the manufacturer has stopped production due to a law suit from HK , for copying their design.

Amjad Ali
01-07-2010, 06:34 PM
dear survivalist brother you are saying that ** I am planning to buy couple of .22 rifles. Purpose is hunting, target prectice, in-vehicle/home defense** it means you want universal gun because hunting & home defence are two seprate issues ,hunting recomended long barrel & home defence recomended small one both have difference of prices you deside what you required don`t worry about AMMU that`s nothing matter .

Apalo
01-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Salam All,
RUGER 10/22
moeen Sir,

or may be he is waiting for Dr Baber Awan with millions in his bag. :D

Survivalist
01-07-2010, 08:16 PM
dear survivalist brother you are saying that ** I am planning to buy couple of .22 rifles. Purpose is hunting, target prectice, in-vehicle/home defense** it means you want universal gun because hunting & home defence are two seprate issues ,hunting recomended long barrel & home defence recomended small one both have difference of prices you deside what you required don`t worry about AMMU that`s nothing matter .

Yes thats the point. I want a .22 WMR for hunting and target while a .22 LR tactical looking for plinking mostly and HD & VD if required being handy as backup of 12G shotgun. A tactical one also serves purpose of (if looks can kill) means as a detterance atleast.

Dr Hanif Malik
01-07-2010, 09:22 PM
for target
for hunting
g22,m4

Thanks Dr sb, but hornet round is rarely available, please correct me if I am wrong and a few rifles available in market.
you r right cost of bullet is 100 per each at lahore,gun savage hornet bought by a karachi person in only 20k at sargodha and i missed that rifle :)

Survivalist
01-07-2010, 10:52 PM
for target
for hunting
g22,m4

you r right cost of bullet is 100 per each at lahore,gun savage hornet bought by a karachi person in only 20k at sargodha and i missed that rifle :)

Thank you Dr. sb for guidence. Not having a Savage in 20 K is a real miss. I think at 75 m distance and better placement, .22 WMR is powerful enough to take down a lightweight trophy, but donot know in a realtime scanerio hunt allows to come close at such distances.

Amjad
06-07-2010, 10:19 PM
what about .22 Winchester, model 160, semi-auto with tubular magazine, capacity 15

Survivalist
06-07-2010, 11:44 PM
what about .22 Winchester, model 160, semi-auto with tubular magazine, capacity 15

Any picture? is it available in new? I could not find on net any specs? What may be the price?

Amjad
07-07-2010, 05:51 PM
pl visit: www.collectorsfirearms.com (http://www.collectorsfirearms.com).............. clik:Winchester, clik on .22 Winchester Rifle and see model 190. the model is 190 instead of 160 (typographic mistake). it is available with one of my friend in 98 % condition @ Rs. 35,000/-.

Survivalist
08-07-2010, 12:46 AM
pl visit: www.collectorsfirearms.com (http://www.collectorsfirearms.com).............. clik:Winchester, clik on .22 Winchester Rifle and see model 190. the model is 190 instead of 160 (typographic mistake). it is available with one of my friend in 98 % condition @ Rs. 35,000/-.

Thanks Amjad bro for info and am sure price quote refered for idea and donot indicate any possible transaction as I think we both are not qualified (as per rules) to discuss any transaction/proposal before getting approval, but for price idea and information, thanks again. Please donot mind it.

Sniper
19-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Waite for the UMAREX HK416 clone, its much better than the M4. in hand guns, SIG mosquito is good.

ARlover
23-07-2010, 05:04 PM
if want for showshaw gsg5 g22 and coltm4.22 is outstanding if want some seruice work boltaction .22 mag any brand serve u many years

KARTOOS
24-07-2010, 03:08 AM
BRNO is gud in my opinion....

arawan
24-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Hello. I have Brno CZ511, That is really an excellent gadget. The durability, accuracy and reliability is remarkable. My elder Bro has voere .22LR (austria) and that rifle is more than 25 year old but works as new one. Voere even primes the missed round. So, I recommend, BRNO and VOERE by my personal experience.

Dr Hanif Malik
24-07-2010, 06:03 PM
2arawan,welcome in this forum:)

Mani
24-07-2010, 07:35 PM
arawan bro. welcome in PG family.

Survivalist
11-09-2010, 12:48 AM
Finally Today, I bought a BRNO .22LR Model 2 for 36K used but in very good condition to serve as my small game hunting/sporting need.

Shooterz
11-09-2010, 12:07 PM
I think GSG 5 is the best option.

PUNJTANI5
13-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Finally Today, I bought a BRNO .22LR Model 2 for 36K used but in very good condition to serve as my small game hunting/sporting need.

congrats bhaiyya

i think any .22 is good
as long as u r able 2 buy it

s.cheema
13-09-2010, 08:47 PM
congrats survivalist

Survivalist
13-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Thanks Panjtan and Cheema bros, today I checked the rifle (BRNO Mod 2) during my visit to Soon Valley and it was accurate. I fired a box of Feds and all groups hitting within inch at 40-50 meter distance in mountainous terrain. If you ask me I really was not expecting such accuracy from such an old rifle (1967). It is rugged and dead accurate. I am planning to buy a german scope for it to extend range further.

300 Win
14-09-2010, 12:06 AM
brono model 2 of 1967 is much prized trophy in nothren areas of pakistan. Germen scope worth at least 3 time more then the price of rifle. I saw ziess scopes but they are expensive and even in europe and usa. For 22 get any low priced chinese it will work fine. My brono has redfield scope wide angle with weaver see trough mounts so i can use sites and scope both.

Survivalist
14-09-2010, 12:22 PM
brono model 2 of 1967 is much prized trophy in nothren areas of pakistan. Germen scope worth at least 3 time more then the price of rifle. I saw ziess scopes but they are expensive and even in europe and usa. For 22 get any low priced chinese it will work fine. My brono has redfield scope wide angle with weaver see trough mounts so i can use sites and scope both.
Thanks Win. I will check market tomorrow for such see through scopes.

Ahmad
14-09-2010, 12:32 PM
@Survivalist, congrats brother on your new purchase. It is indeed a very nice rifle, especially like the trigger on these Brno which is very light & consistent.
Kindly check for see through mounts not a see through scope; I have seen them at Malik traders.

Survivalist
14-09-2010, 02:22 PM
@Survivalist, congrats brother on your new purchase. It is indeed a very nice rifle, especially like the trigger on these Brno which is very light & consistent.
Kindly check for see through mounts not a see through scope; I have seen them at Malik traders.
Thanks, yup it is see through mounts as obviously there might be no scope through which we can't see, ha ha.

Virk
19-09-2010, 02:56 AM
Go for .22 Tubeler any USA made with 14 Shots

Dr Hanif Malik
19-09-2010, 07:02 AM
bro although you bought little expensive,but this rifle and model is famous and much accurate i bought in 25k and sell to s ayubi he also shiffted to anothe rpg member in karachi,recently same model is available in peshawer again thinking to buy in good rates :)