PDA

View Full Version : advice needed on bolt action !

9mm
30-06-2010, 07:15 PM
http://s4.postimage.org/qWp59.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVqWp59)

This is one of my guards Darra made ak 47 shaped bolt action, it is 7 mm.
according to him it is over 20 yr old n never gave him trouble bt recently when i inspected it, it was giving feeding problem !
Now i'm thinking to change it n maybe get him a repeater or some bolt action rifle, plz advice what to get my guard in these 2 categories n under 25k range n i also wanted kno or get a rough idea how much this ak 47 shaped bolt action would be worth or for hw much would it sell for ?
help n advice from PG members n PG Senior members will be highly appreciated. thanks

Abu Al Hawl
30-06-2010, 07:22 PM
9mm bro for HD BEST option is a shotgun, sorry to say your bolt action has no market value!!! may be at the same time dealer can offer you how much he can deduct from the shot gun price.

Shariq
30-06-2010, 07:49 PM
I agree with AAH bro. You will not find many buyers for this gun so whatever dealer offers for swap you''ll have to accept it.
Most durable Pump action for home defense in your budget is Daudsons Security or shooter model in 7+1.
Second best ( but much better looking ) option is Turkish Hatsan Aimguard.

Apalo
30-06-2010, 09:59 PM
i think a good quality repeater is a good option

Aquarius
30-06-2010, 11:58 PM
I will not advise repeaters for HD.. Pump Action is a better option.

MianTaimur
01-07-2010, 12:57 AM
@9mm
Although I have given all my guards at home and work Turkish 12 gauges !
But through experience I know, It is better to give your guard a Norinco CF98-9mm. Buy a used one, I am sure you could get it within your budget.
No matter you have an experienced old guard or a young chap working for you , these guys cant operate pump actions. Secondly in close range combat , things change within seconds , hence reloading your gun , by pumping it will make all the diffrence.
My advice comes with experience and after careful consideration , as I have also decided to buy all my staff Cf-98's. They are easier to carry, low maintainence , reliable , 14shots in 9mm besides 5 in 12 gauges, simple function: load it and bam bam bam !
:)
I would conclude , by saying it is just a suggestion from my end, you may consult senior members for advice, review all your options and decide !

Amjad Ali
01-07-2010, 07:51 PM
dears if you all don`t mind it`s my opinion for sir 9MM to repair this gun because OLD IS GOLD & your old one has no market value so i would advice you to please repair that by any reliable manufacturer & by the others opinion get another MOI & and buy one pump action . I think you should do that otherwise as your wish .

Apalo
01-07-2010, 07:54 PM
I will not advise repeaters for HD.. Pump Action is a better option.

can you please explain it sir ?

Apalo
01-07-2010, 07:57 PM
@9mm
But through experience I know, It is better to give your guard a Norinco CF98-9mm. Buy a used one, I am sure you could get it within your budget.
No matter you have an experienced old guard or a young chap working for you , these guys cant operate pump actions. Secondly in close range combat , things change within seconds , hence reloading your gun , by pumping it will make all the diffrence.
My advice comes with experience and after careful consideration , as I have also decided to buy all my staff Cf-98's. They are easier to carry, low maintainence , reliable , 14shots in 9mm besides 5 in 12 gauges, simple function: load it and bam bam bam !
I would conclude , by saying it is just a suggestion from my end, you may consult senior members for advice, review all your options and decide !

sir ap ke bath main daleal hy :)

MianTaimur
01-07-2010, 08:26 PM
@9mm

sir ap ke bath main daleal hy :)

Have I managed to convince you ? :D
I have put in alot of consideration before deciding

9mm
04-07-2010, 04:48 PM
thanks guys fr all ur help n expert opinions !
im thinking to go with miantaimur brothers suggestion !
i agree with u brother pistols r a better choice for HD or OD but im thinking to give them chinese 30 bore as cf 98 is one my Favourite pistol :D

9mm
04-07-2010, 04:51 PM
btw do u guys know whats the price of chinese norinco 30 bore n does it come with a safety ?

MianTaimur
04-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Brother 9mm, I have suggested you a cf 98, as it falls within your price range.
CF98 is my day to day carry weapon and is always placed under my car seat. Hence my strong recommendation is to go for a cf98. Time and time again I have repeated it , I call a CF98 " Toyota Corolla of Pistols"
It gives good value for money !!

BERETTA
05-07-2010, 03:27 PM
brother 9mm a very good gun to give to your gaurd would a pakistani made semi automatic copy of MP-5 its capacity is around 30 9mm bullets IT IS MADE BY WAH ordance factory and is very reliable and is availble for 22k
i personally hav given all my gaurds this gun

MianTaimur
05-07-2010, 04:01 PM
brother 9mm a very good gun to give to your gaurd would a pakistani made semi automatic copy of MP-5 its capacity is around 30 9mm bullets IT IS MADE BY WAH ordance factory and is very reliable and is availble for 22k

Bro are you sure that you got an HK MP-5 , manufactured by Wah Ordinance Factories for Rs22k !
If yes , then please confirm from where did you buy them, I will buy 10 pieces today !
I believe you are mistaken. Your 9mm mp-5 shape must have been manufactured in darra and their specs and dimension are different from the original HK design.

BERETTA
05-07-2010, 04:02 PM
it has the advadage of both fire power , capacity nd portability
the mp-5 has a sliding stock which slides open at a single button press
ALSO IT LUKS LIKE AN AUTO AMERICAN MP-5 SO NO ONE WILL MESS WTH U :P :D

MianTaimur
05-07-2010, 04:10 PM
it has the advadage of both fire power , capacity nd portability
the mp-5 has a sliding stock which slides open at a single button press

would you please be kind enough to share pictures !!

Salahuddin Ayubi
05-07-2010, 04:19 PM

That explains it Taimur.

MianTaimur
05-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Post edited .........

BERETTA
05-07-2010, 04:56 PM
wht i was tryng to tell was tht it was a 9mm semiauto made by under army standards ts capacity is around 30 rounds
ill post the pics as soon as soon as i return to khi :)
by the way it gives the impression of an auto weapon nd if used by an ex forces or very experienced gaurd it gud enough to resist any robber :D

MianTaimur
05-07-2010, 04:59 PM

That explains it Taimur.

MP-5 its capacity is around 30 9mm bullets IT IS MADE BY WAH ordance factory

I am referring to the above statement sir. Maybe I am out of touch and not aware. BERETTA Bro has purchased 9mm MP-5 shape weapon , manufactured by Wah Ordinance for 22k

MianTaimur
05-07-2010, 05:03 PM
wht i was tryng to tell was tht it was a 9mm semiauto made by under army standards ts capacity is around 30 rounds
ill post the pics as soon as soon as i return to khi :)
by the way it gives the impression of an auto weapon nd if used by an ex forces or very experienced gaurd it gud enough to resist any robber :D

Bro you mentioned above that the weapon has been manufactured by Wah ordinance !!
Or is it made to the standard of army weapons by our local Darra manufacturers ?
Sorry for dragging this ........... just curious and want to clear the point :)

BERETTA
05-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Taimur bro i personally did not purchase them but my uncle did we bought around a dozen 2 years ago
i am nt sure if they were made by wah but i knw they were made under army standards they might hav been in darra LET ME CONFIRM IF THEY WERE MADE BY WAH and srry for nt confirmng info before postng it
BUT one thing about them is confirm they are damm good guns i tessted them personally no jams no misfire nd accuracy is VERY GUD
i would reccomend this gun to gaurds because it has almst no recoil nd this allows a gaurd to keep firng wthout being disturbed by the recoil most gaurds in sch situtions get tense nd no matter how gud u train them they cant cope wth to mch recoil as in the case of a shotgun

SPAYPANTHER
05-07-2010, 08:35 PM
@ baretta

bro WAH ordinance donít deal in weapons with individual civilian

Salahuddin Ayubi
06-07-2010, 12:54 PM
BUT one thing about them is confirm they are damm good guns

i tessted them personally

no jams no misfire nd

accuracy is VERY GUD

I'll appreciate if you share with us details of the tests performed by you. Also with respect to accuracy, mention the distance from which fired and the results.

Pics will also be appreciated.

Ka_Khan
07-07-2010, 08:51 PM

Beretta do you know this gun and the pic you postedcomes under Prohibited Item?
All discussion,suggestions,link to the pic has been deleted.You have been warned before not to give Illegal and dangerous ideas to members.We are very very strick when the matter is PB.
Consider it a warning before you get Banned.

PUNJTANI5
10-07-2010, 12:33 PM
the kalash shaped bolt action is sometimes also referred as gadha (donkey)
very good gun indeed by our local gunsmiths in derra
a pure pakistani ikhtirah i may say

this gun is worth 2000 - 4000 as per condition (old)
new ones r not available
a dealer will be most generous if he will give u 1000/- for it

i suggest get this gun repaired as it is better than any new one
i once adored this gun as it was in possession of our tution center guard
and as i was apple of my teacher
upon my request i was also given the rifle to shoot 5 rounds
although my dad and two of my tuition teachers were present there
one of them was my class teacher too
later my dad gave the guard rs 200/- for bullets / TIP

this was around 18 - 20 yrs ago

PUNJTANI5
10-07-2010, 12:46 PM
although i donot want to provoke anyone

but the mp5 shaped mausers are made in darra and some other peshawar based companies
they r semiautomatic and so come in the catrgory of pistols

most security guards in rawalpindi have this gun issued from their companies
example PIA plaza / AWT plaza and GPO guards are seen carrying them

they r cheap around 8 - 20 K
have 20 shot magazines
they are usuallu 30 bore but a few days ago 9mm is also made available for sophisticated enthusiats like PG members
very reliable guns as there is no ftf/fte (surprizingly)

most important point is that they legal as they r ''pistols and semiautos''
i am also planning to buy one once the licences r open

BERETTA
10-07-2010, 02:54 PM
thanks punjistis for adding this info i was about to add it my self and yes the ones i hav are also from a peshawar based company (NOT PB) 9mm and (NOT automatic) semiautomatic.
by the way 9mm if you want to sell your bolt action for 2.5 k tell me.

another thing i want to add is that they are just like 9mm pistol except in mp5 shape so that does not make them illegel

Nazim Sahib
10-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Beretta and Punjtani5 I know which weapon you are talking about and it is not a good weapon at all.It will work fine for a amount of time but after that it would give trouble and its not something you would want to depend your life on.
They are crudely made and have a v short life after which they will giv trouble.
If i ever have to arm someone i would give a shotgun or pistol as other members have recommended but the weapon you guys are talking about would be falling apart after a few months or year or so.

And what difference does it make if security companies use them?Did you know security companies usually buy the cheapest weapons available.I have many times used security companies and a close friend of mine owned one so i know how they operate.Most of there weapons dont work.

whats the point of a fancy weapon if its not reliable?Guards serve as deterrents mostly and that is there main purpose.For that a bolt action,double or single barrel or even a TT would more then do the job.......

PUNJTANI5
11-07-2010, 04:28 PM
nazim sahab mostly u r right

but i have seen these things to work enormously
even i somehow have grown fond of them
actually in earlier ones the plastic parts were unreliable and breaking as they were for show only
now they have replaced them with synthetic polymer furniture whuch is more rugged
one of my colleagues ownes one in the shape of exact mp5-pk (PDW)
i have seen him shoot with it exorbitantly and no hiccup from the gun
and almost every week he shoots around 200 - 500 rounds from it on marriages

even the olld worn ones can be fitted with new furniture synthetic or wooden as per user choice from the manufacturer
the local gunsmith is against it b/c he is unable to make replacement parts of plastic , wood or polymer etc

i donot know about the general duty guards many of them donot know how to operate even a single narrel shotgun

but askari guards are posted at the places i mentioned and they carry the best weapons unlike the privately run security companies
i hope u understand what i want to say sir

PUNJTANI5
11-07-2010, 04:35 PM
actually i will prefer to arm my guards with revolvers as they r easiest to operate

BERETTA
12-07-2010, 03:39 AM
I would like to comment on nazim sahibs point
that the normal private companies dont use these mp5 semiautos they use shotguns which are avalaible for like 5 K
literally falling apart
ONLY the good security forces uses this gun as it is quite coslty in cmopared to the normal guns used by security gaurds
the ones i bought were costing 22k now it depends on the person how good quality he will buy better the quality more the price
the reason i recommend to give this gun to GUARDS who are EX RANGERS ECT is that
!) they usually know how to operate this gun very well
2) it gives the looks of a real mp5 (ONLY THE LOOKS OF ONE )
3) its portable and according to my experience it is VERY GOOD IN PERFORMANCE

BERETTA
12-07-2010, 03:49 AM
the only point I see in giving a guard a revolver is that if he is not that trained to use any other more complicated weapon
If a guard is given a pistol or revolver than hes armed point of being there almost finishes by GIVING him a SEMIAUTOMATIC 9MM mp5 his weapon stands out giving an armed presence.
I ADVISE TO PAK MEMBERS NOT TO TRUST THE PRIVATE SECURITY COMPANIES ECT A FEW LIKE PHOENIX FC ( frontier code )
and a few others
because in my residence my neighbors had kept an armed guard from a normal security company and he was doing a night duty HE SLEPT WITH THE SHOTGUN LOADED ! HES HAND ON THE TRIGGER AND IN THE MIDDLE OF HIS SLEEP FIRED IT UNINTENTIONALLY !
lucky he had fired into the air and no one was hurt

Nazim Sahib
12-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Well Beretta anyone can make the mistake that guard did.A friend of while sitting at an office saw a guard accidently fire the shotgun inside the office thankfully no one was injured but the pellets hit a wall.
I have used several security companies and some are quite good.

I have not heard of the weapon you speak of,if its not PB I hope to see pics of it.

9mm
14-07-2010, 05:59 AM
BERETTA bro can u plz post pics of the weapon ur talking bout and have !
im really interested in it !