PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun for hunting

ahmadkhan
26-06-2010, 05:19 AM
I am planing to buy a good shotgun for hunting, It's going to be my first shotgun. Need your advice ?
Secondly does any know about shooting range in Lahore where i can practice.

Dr Hanif Malik
26-06-2010, 06:15 AM
@ahmadkhan welcome this forum,i hope you will enjoy,please tell the purpose of your first gun ,hunting,s deffence,or house keeping etc and also tell the amount you want to spend so members can tell you better:)

KARTOOS
26-06-2010, 06:35 AM
@Welcome Ahmad Khan to Forum....Brother if your range is 50,000 Rs. then i would suggest Baikal MP 153,,,bcz its reliable and all rounder gun for hunting......i would can check the prices of different guns in market place section as well if you want to spend more then 1,30,000 then go for Beretta made shot guns....

bigbore
26-06-2010, 08:50 AM
welcome ahmed khan sahab,

it is great to hear that you are looking for your first shot gun,
if you are a fairly new hunter, then i suggest you start with a double barrel side by side, 12 gauge shotgun because side by sides are affordable with a large selections of models and brand.
i suggest you start off by buying a local brand and start practicing and understand how it works then when you get good at shooting then buy a good, expensive gun and keep it for a long time.

regards,
bigbore

SPAYPANTHER
26-06-2010, 10:15 AM
@Welcome Ahmad Khan to Forum....Brother if your range is 50,000 Rs. then i would suggest Baikal MP 153,,,bcz its reliable and all rounder gun for hunting......i would can check the prices of different guns in market place section as well if you want to spend more then 1,30,000 then go for Beretta made shot guns....
+1 kartoos i will also suggest bailal mp153

Moin
26-06-2010, 10:42 AM
go for baikal o/u good and robust for novice hunters,

A R K TAREEN
26-06-2010, 11:35 AM
ahmadkhan,

Welcome to Pakguns gentleman. Hope you eill enjoy and stay as well as share your

experience with us. Kindly mention your place in your profile.

Regarding purchasing of your first gun, I am 100 % agree with bigbore's advice.

I hope Lahore members will help you to find the shooting range in Lahore.

With Regards.

Afzaal
26-06-2010, 01:43 PM
ahmed welcome at pg.
Sorry guys
I wont suggest local gun
Reason?
Because prices are increasing day by day
Today What you can buy at 50k who knws that would not available at 100k after 6 months.
Bcoz like u guys said buy later a foreign made
So why not today.
Reliable Guns are not like car that a novice can damage it easily.
Ahmed bro if your price range is around 50k then go for baikal with eyes closed you will never regret it i bet.
No mater u like semi auto or over under both are available around 50k.

ahmadkhan
27-06-2010, 06:56 AM
Thank you guys for your advice, On Monday I will go to local gun stores in Lahore and see what is available and at what price.
I will look for over under, double barrel and semi auto. I only want to buy one good hunting shot gun and want to master it. I am willing to spend 150000k max for shotgun.

Any shot gun models that you rec mend ?

Regards

HUNTER1
28-06-2010, 12:49 PM
what ever u buy doesnt matters but what matters is man behind gun
Agreed Rookie, but partially gun do matter.

Jillanik
29-06-2010, 04:07 PM
My recommendation would be Baikal MP 153

fahim_tak
02-07-2010, 03:35 AM
Price of baikal mp153 has been increased ,as 3,4 back i was in the search of L.frenchi and i found the rate of baikal semi auto at Rs.65,000.

MianTaimur
02-07-2010, 03:41 AM
Price of baikal mp153 has been increased ,as 3,4 back i was in the search of L.frenchi and i found the rate of baikal semi auto at Rs.65,000.

Please update your location in your profile, so we may know the qoutes are from which city !

SalmanHusain
02-07-2010, 03:55 AM
well if your range is 150000k get two tickets to London go to the following address
James Purdey & Sons Ltd

Retail Shop and Registered Office:
Audley House
57 - 58 South Audley Street
London W1K 2ED
Tel: +44 (0)20 7499 1801 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +44 (0)20 7499 1801 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Fax: +44 (0)20 7355 3297
its best in the world u can get but u have to wait two years at least before u get a glimpse of your gun!!!!

fahim_tak
02-07-2010, 04:12 AM

Please update your location in your profile, so we may know the qoutes are from which city !

I am from karachi.

MianTaimur
02-07-2010, 04:19 AM

I am from karachi.

Karachi prices are always on the higher end , as compared to prices in Lahore and other cities !!
This is a big tradegy for us Karachi wala's

SPAYPANTHER
02-07-2010, 10:09 AM
+1 taimur it is a big tradegy

SalmanHusain
02-07-2010, 12:32 PM

I am from karachi.

Karachi prices are always on the higher end , as compared to prices in Lahore and other cities !!
WHY AND HOW MUCH THEY DIFFER????

Afzaal
02-07-2010, 02:35 PM
I am from karachi.

In feb 2010 mp153 rate was in peshawar 48k. ;)

SalmanHusain
02-07-2010, 03:44 PM
In feb 2010 mp153 rate was in Peshawar 48k. ;)
what!!!!!!:o 20k diff but why??? is int Karachi a port city.....

MianTaimur
02-07-2010, 03:50 PM
what!!!!!!:o 20k diff but why??? is int Karachi a port city.....

Prices in Karachi are always on the higher end !
The reason being there are few importers here as compared to Peshawar and Lahore.
I know for sure most of the Karachi dealers get their shipments from Lahore. Now any one who is investing a certain amount , is going to charge profit on his investment, but the worst part is , withall due respect to dealers here I feel they are greedy !!! They just want to rip you off and the profit margins are mostly around 25-30% +. On many occasions I have seen and heard people getting charged more then the market price because of their unawareness of the price range. Hence it is always advisable to do a market survey before you make any purchase, unless you have an old dealer , whom you could trust and keep a blind eye occasionally.

Dr Hanif Malik
02-07-2010, 09:40 PM
big city big prices:)

SalmanHusain
02-07-2010, 10:41 PM
big city big prices:)
Dr shab big city always have small prices!!! we should try to break this chain. well tayabally imports from Thailand at very cheap rates. and then he sales above market price due to his BRAND and its even our fault we even buy from shops which are expensive such as DAAD...

Kakar
02-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Miantaimur sb's 2 points are very true.. Not all but expensive guns like Beretta are imported by Lahore dealers and then sold to Karachi ones.. No doubt in the fact that here dealers are greedy..

ACHILLES
03-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Greed make people dealer. :D

Afzaal
03-07-2010, 12:37 AM
the most fair rates of all kind of arms you get in pakistan
Theres just one place thats peshawar.

SalmanHusain
03-07-2010, 12:53 AM
the most fair rates of all kind of arms you get in pakistan
Theres just one place thats peshawar.
well i think due to darra!! as people have vast choice and places to choose from..

MianTaimur
03-07-2010, 02:24 AM
If there wernt any sanctions on Pakistan , we all would be enjoying quality products at far less prices. We wouldnt have to pay exhoberently high profit to dealers and importers, who charge us triple the price in the name of custom duty and overhead charges.
*sighhhhhhhh* wishful thinking :P

SalmanHusain
03-07-2010, 02:32 AM
If there wernt any sanctions on Pakistan , we all would be enjoying quality products at far less prices. We wouldnt have to pay exhoberently high profit to dealers and importers, who charge us triple the price in the name of custom duty and overhead charges.
just dont blame others its on our behalf also!!!! the monopoly factor very few ppl r allowed to import and then they r those who have connections bring arms in their personal luggage each time they visit USA well the arm is not registered but they r easily let go!!! and leave alone arms iam also talking about accessories and airguns why are they expensive???

MianTaimur
03-07-2010, 04:04 AM
just dont blame others its on our behalf also!!!! the monopoly factor very few ppl r allowed to import and then they r those who have connections bring arms in their personal luggage each time they visit USA well the arm is not registered but they r easily let go!!! and leave alone arms iam also talking about accessories and airguns why are they expensive???

salman , what I mentioned earlier was one of the reasons , which was in relation to prices of european and american origin weapons, their prices are on the higher end as compared to international prices of simmilar weapons, however chinese, russian, south american and turkish weapons are availible easily and their prices are closer to the prices in international market..........hence the reason being sanctions imposed on Pakistan by the west !! and what you have mentioned above is just another angle which really does not relate to what I am saying. If some one is importing , in his personal capacity, that is totaly a diffrent ball game. How does it effect the local market and prices ???
I have already mentioned that importers are making high profits and their claim is they have to pay high duty and overhead charges. wherelse what you mentioned that only a few ppl are allowed to import. That too is one of the issues, but it is understood that there is a certain group of people who aquire the necesarry permission for imports for which they are charging us aswell , qoute overhead charges !!
This is the biggest dilema in our country, where one has to pay speed money / overhead charges to get anything done and at the end of the day it is the consumer who has to suffer. The same goes for accessories and airguns aswell.
I hope I have made my point clear and you have understood...As we have gone way off topic ! If you wish to discuss more on this issue open a new thread !!

PUNJTANI5
24-07-2010, 05:55 PM
good luck ahmad khan bhaiyya

i suggest a sxs with exposedtrigger will suffice your hunting needs completely
or if u r in the mood 4 something hiteh but mocerately priced
range from 3k to 300k as per your choice

go 4 tukish made pump jaguar
or turkish made copy of 1200fp (beretta under licence) named ata
both 40 - 50k

or if u have more money buy a genuine 1200fp beretta made in italy
price 15k approx

Mani
24-07-2010, 07:39 PM
suggest bailal mp153.

bazkhan35
25-07-2010, 07:35 PM
suggest bailal mp153.

Is it a Local made :) .

Anthrax
25-07-2010, 07:43 PM
As most of the members have suggested, your best bet is a Baikal MP-153. Tough workhorse for an affordable price.

Btw, all the people going hoo haa over the crazy prices and import restrictions in Pakistan, just be thankful that you don't live a little bit to the east.

Things would have been a lot different here if all you could own was a locally made .22 revolver. :lol:

Mig
25-07-2010, 09:54 PM
well if your range is 150000k get two tickets to London go to the following address
James Purdey & Sons Ltd

Retail Shop and Registered Office:
Audley House
57 - 58 South Audley Street
London W1K 2ED
Tel: +44 (0)20 7499 1801 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +44 (0)20 7499 1801 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Fax: +44 (0)20 7355 3297
its best in the world u can get but u have to wait two years at least before u get a glimpse of your gun!!!!

Sarcastic indeed!

Apalo
26-07-2010, 01:01 AM
suggest bailal mp153.

Is it a Local made :) .
looks like Gujranwala make :lol:

Mani
26-07-2010, 02:20 AM
suggest bailal mp153.

hehehe...
baikal MP-153 ;)

Birdshooter007
29-07-2010, 08:51 PM
I would recommend baikal mp 153

Haider Shah
29-07-2010, 10:36 PM
so many admirers of Baikal MP-153,But in wood colour or black polymer ?

Birdshooter007
30-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Wood definitely, it gives the weapon its shine, steel or wood. Plastic just doesnt fit