PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my new CF98 || Please Help!

maverick880
12-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Dear buddies,
i bought a new CF98 a few days back from PARA
i am facing a problem with it
it got two magazines No1 and NO 2
With NO1 it works Ok but with NO2 slide does not stop back when magazine is empty
and both the magzines also seem a little out from pistol grip
i am not going to replace it now, just the solution please.
regards

cooldragon
12-06-2010, 02:14 PM
one of my mags sticks out too , i got mine 2 weeks ago , one of the magazine fits in good , but htat magazine has a different number on it , and the magazine which has the same serial number as the gun , that one stick out of the grip abit , but i havnt faceed the problem you r talking about , i dont know , i guess the CF98 is a highly overrated gun , or am I wrong ,

Mangloo Ramzani
12-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Please post some pics of your magazines, if possible!

Ilyas
12-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Have never been to PARA myself, but the good things I've heard about them, make me suggest you that
take the gun and the magazines to them and they'll look into the issue and probably resolve it :)

zeeshan.pk
12-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Para r good dealers ,U pls go to Ahsan Manager PARA ,he wl definitely help u or wl change,No worry at all

Gilani
12-06-2010, 04:40 PM
+1 Ilyas bhai and Zeeshan sahib :)

BTW, CF98 magazines are not amongst the best and I really feel that Cheng Feng need to improve the quality of CF magazines. :)

Sparticas
13-06-2010, 01:35 AM
There must be something wrong with mag spring or something else, please post some pics to have an idea. Plus do let us know did you tried to disassemble your mag after you bought it and 2ndly do you know how to do it.

Doktar
13-06-2010, 05:50 PM
I think most of us buy CF-98 because it's the most affordable foreign made pistol. IMHO it's highly overrated. It's little better than junk. I bought mine last week and already planning to replace it, InshaAllah. It seems that every CF is different from other CF.

Topak
13-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Sir do they feed properly ?

Faheem
13-06-2010, 07:47 PM
I think most of us buy CF-98 because it's the most affordable foreign made pistol. IMHO it's highly overrated. It's little better than junk. I bought mine last week and already planning to replace it, InshaAllah. It seems that every CF is different from other CF.

Brother its just your personal opinion.... I dont think so that its just better than Junk. Size of CF is very reasonable and grip is very comfirtable for all sizes of hands as far as accuracy is concerned you can check the 100% practical based accuracy results in handgun accuracy thread as well outer saftey of CF98 is also good.

Brother in my opinion CF98 is one of te best available handgun in 30 to 34k price range. I am tottaly disagree with you on that point every CF98 looks different from others atleast I have never seen this type of complain in my little bit experience.

maverick880
14-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Brother Faheem is right , its grip is really very well designed, i have held at least 10 different guns at the shop and best designe which fit my hand was CF, so i agree 100% design wise.
But so long as finish is concerned, there is some problem, Every CF has some difference with other finish wise. The first i took from them has very loose bolt. I replaced and took this one but this also is giving problem. when the bolt is drawn back it should stop at empty mag but the safety lever does not comes up eneough to stop it there.
However no problem with firing, in my opinion it must be a little issue of mag.

noumanzaidi
14-06-2010, 03:01 PM
cf98 is really a good companion but it is a fact that mag are of lil bit low quality finish... any way bro don't replace the gun i don't think the gun has the issue. it is surely the mag which is causing the problem...

Best Regards,

nouman zaidi

Maximus
14-06-2010, 04:09 PM

Brother its just your personal opinion.... I dont think so that its just better than Junk. Size of CF is very reasonable and grip is very comfirtable for all sizes of hands as far as accuracy is concerned you can check the 100% practical based accuracy results in handgun accuracy thread as well outer saftey of CF98 is also good.

Brother in my opinion CF98 is one of te best available handgun in 30 to 34k price range. I am tottaly disagree with you on that point every CF98 looks different from others atleast I have never seen this type of complain in my little bit experience.

true. in addition, the mag does seem to stick out a bit but as far as the magazine not making the slide lock engage is confusing.

secondly, hands on experience is better than hearsay. I find the CF good for its range and as long as the gun works when required its worth it. calling it over-rated without any ground work reality is just playing with words behind a computer on the internet....

addition
@Mav
btw if no mag is inserted it should`nt slide lock anyway, try and see if the mag is seated properly.

Mangloo Ramzani
14-06-2010, 04:23 PM
@ Mavrick880:

Sir, I would again urge you to post some pics of your "faulty" magazine!

Also, please check whether the follower is running smooth within the mag or not.

Regards

Maximus
14-06-2010, 05:43 PM
@ Mavrick880:

Sir, I would again urge you to post some pics of your "faulty" magazine!

Also, please check whether the follower is running smooth within the mag or not.

Regards

+10,000,0000

pics would help identifying the issue.

maverick880
14-06-2010, 06:00 PM
'@ Maximus
i have checked it properly , it does not stop with mag inserted
actually what i have probed into is the standback lever rests over the mag follower side, when the mag is a little down , the side of the follower cant push it properly upwards
now the solutions which come in my mind is either to push the side a little up or to bend the lever a little down, the prblem will be solved then.
@ ramzani
i will try in to take snaps in a couple of days and post

Faheem
14-06-2010, 10:26 PM
my loving Brother I for the one who 100% satisfied with my CF98 and my many other friends as well.

I have also shared the pictures of my gun many time in different threads as far as magzines are concerned atleast my magzines are perfectly working... because I have checked many time at the time of purchasing and also fired two magzines very successfully for cheacking purpose on very first day....

Finishing... bro its a piece of 30 k for more better finish you have to put atleast 15 k more to get satisfactory handfeel :P

Well I think really you should share some pictures of your faulty magzine Hopefully Mangloramzani brother and other seniors will resolve your problem .

Jillanik
15-06-2010, 01:20 PM

Few of our importers are in the habbit of importing factory rejected lots.

Gilani
15-06-2010, 04:16 PM
CF98 is not a classy gun by any means, but in 28-30k, it is one of the best available options. In fact other than Zastava TT, I dont find any other gun which can match CF98 in this price range. :)

khanjee
15-06-2010, 05:42 PM
@ Gilani Sir,

this might not be right place / thread to ask this question but as your following post i.e.

"post CF98 is not a classy gun by any means, but in 28-30k, it is one of the best available options. In fact other than Zastava TT, I dont find any other gun which can match CF98 in this price range". is related to my question.

what would you recommend sir, in the range of Rs. 22 K -28 K for handgun irrespective of the caliber (i.e. .30, 9mm etc.). what i feel the Zastava TT M57 is at good position/league in .30/TT category while CF 98 is just entry level handgun in 9mm. Serbian TT might be ranked at secon number after Winamax. as i am very new to these handgun and do not have knowledge / experience but only little bit learned through this forum.

you are being one of the most experienced one on this forum so, i hope you would elaborate it in good way.

thanks

Gilani
15-06-2010, 10:33 PM
khanjee brother, Zastava Arms is known for producing quality firearms since 150 years. Zastava barrels are very high quality and machining of various parts is very good. So if we purely talk of the quality of manufacturing, M57 in my view is far ahead. Its very reliable due to a simple design / single stack magazine and because of its slim profile, M57 is more concealable than CF98. Both are quite accurate. CF98 has advantage in magazine capacity, better quality sights and perhaps the ammo (9x19 mm) which is a far more versatile ammo than 7.62x25. However, weapons with rotating barrel mechanism (CF98, Stoeger Cougar) will always remain vulnerable to occasional failures to feed due to the reasons I have already explained in one of the threads. Hope it helps :)

khanjee
16-06-2010, 01:25 PM
@ Gilani Sir,

Thanks a lot . . . . . . for your kind favor & detailed explanation.

i would like to share my understanding wrt your reply

Zastava is at high end /near to that position quality wise (especially barrel)
Its reliable, accurate and better (as compared to CF) for conceal carry
Its build quality is good and parts are good finished

while CF 98 have edge in following areas

Magazine Capacity
Better sights
Most important ammo caliber (which give a versatility)

i personally feel, its (Zastava as compared to CF) just like opting for Toyota corrola/ Honda Civic in medium size Car when you leave Mehran, Alto, Coure, Vitz etc at lower end and balino, Liana, Swift etc in medium size (for pakistan refernce). Especially when you have no options (budget, availability etc) of BMW/Mercedes at high end.
some times you go for the best / 2nd best in a category (lower end category) rather than to opt for lower end of other higher end category.

TT (as .30 caliber) has options as local, china, Tokarev (russian), Zastava (serbian) & finaly Winamax

while CF is just at entry level in its category (9mm-caliber wise) which gives features according to its price.

So, TT Zastava M57 could be a good option . . . . . am i right . . . . .sir ?

javed354
16-06-2010, 01:41 PM
CF98 is not a classy gun by any means, but in 28-30k, it is one of the best available options. In fact other than Zastava TT, I dont find any other gun which can match CF98 in this price range. :)

Gillani Sb, you are absolutely right.

maverick880
16-06-2010, 02:09 PM
buddies i have taken a few pics of my new cf 98 problem areas
have a look and suggest
in first 3 pics mag is vividly looking a bit down
http://s4.postimage.org/DibyA.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVDibyA)

http://s4.postimage.org/Die2J.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVDie2J)
http://s4.postimage.org/Diqwr.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVDiqwr)
bolt fetched with empty mag, hold back lever not fully up
http://s1.postimage.org/sLdqi.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxsLdqi)
when i pressed the mag in then the hold back lever gets fully up
http://s2.postimage.org/jBI2r.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsjBI2r)
nd with mag 2 it does not hold the bold back at all
hope it will clearly make u ppl understand the problem
http://s3.postimage.org/QQkci.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=PqQQkci)

Gilani
16-06-2010, 09:54 PM
So, TT Zastava M57 could be a good option . . . . . am i right ?

+1 Khanjee. :)

zeeshan.pk
17-06-2010, 12:33 AM
br ,no need to worry ,U pls once go to PARA before doing something at ur own or by some Gunsmith,remaining out of Magzines is not a big issue if it works fine,this problem is easily solvable,u need nt worry,if u feel still serious,contact me one of Gunsmith in our city is expert pf CF 98 mags,once I got made 3 magzines extra by him

cooldragon
17-06-2010, 02:41 AM
yaar my cf98 has a similar problem but it functions alright , all this negative rating of the cf is making me think i made a mistake in buying it , with 1 years worth of saving :( ,
Gilani bhai what say you , should i keep mine or should i sell it ?

maverick880
17-06-2010, 03:08 PM
yaar my cf98 has a similar problem but it functions alright , all this negative rating of the cf is making me think i made a mistake in buying it , with 1 years worth of saving :( ,
Gilani bhai what say you , should i keep mine or should i sell it ?
Bro, no worries please
no problem with gun, it really works fantastically especially i love its design and grip which really fits snugly, dont change or sell, i a little perfectionist that why i am worried a little more
otherwise its just finish prob

maverick880
17-06-2010, 03:16 PM
br ,no need to worry ,U pls once go to PARA before doing something at ur own or by some Gunsmith,remaining out of Magzines is not a big issue if it works fine,this problem is easily solvable,u need nt worry,if u feel still serious,contact me one of Gunsmith in our city is expert pf CF 98 mags,once I got made 3 magzines extra by him
thnks Zeeshan, which city you are in
and what cost you an extra mag through ur gunsmith

national arms
17-06-2010, 03:20 PM
how many kinds(qualities) r in CF98 pistol

national arms
17-06-2010, 03:49 PM
would any one inform me about the rate of CF 98, n .30 guage pistol

Denovo87
17-06-2010, 03:57 PM

Is CF98 really available in .30 ????

Gilani
17-06-2010, 05:21 PM

Is CF98 really available in .30 ????
Nope........ :/

khanjee
17-06-2010, 05:26 PM
So, TT Zastava M57 could be a good option . . . . . am i right ?

+1 Khanjee. :)

@Gilani Sir,

many many thanks for your kind guidance & favor . . . . . .

maverick880
17-06-2010, 06:13 PM
@ nationla arms
brother in Lahore u may get cf in around 27 to 30k
n there are two CF selling in the Mkt , one with stamp n other without stamp , with stamp is a little expensive

khanjee
17-06-2010, 06:56 PM
@ maverick880 bro

would it be possible if you can check the price of Zastava M57 (Serbian TT), Russian & Chinese TT & price of NP22 (any other chinese gun of 9mm except CF 98 within Rs. 30-35K).

this would be a kind favor from your side.

thanks in advance

Gilani
17-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Khanjee brother, NP22 and HP77B (both are Sig P226 clones) should be available in 30-35 k range. Zastava TT was around 26K a month back. Chinese TT was around 20-22 k. Didn't see a Russian TT with anyone. Naveed_pk may be able to give us more authentic information.

maverick880
17-06-2010, 08:19 PM
khangee, brother gilani has done the job,

khanjee
18-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Khanjee brother, NP22 and HP77B (both are Sig P226 clones) should be available in 30-35 k range. Zastava TT was around 26K a month back. Chinese TT was around 20-22 k. Didn't see a Russian TT with anyone. Naveed_pk may be able to give us more authentic information.

@ Gilani Sir,

Thanks a lot for your kindness & effort

@ maverick880 bro

Thanks a lot . . ...

Naveed_pk
18-06-2010, 05:45 PM
@Yes Gillani bro .. The price ratio which you have disclosed is Exactly same in market nowdays .... IN TT Only Zastava (Serbia) , Norinco (china) , Winamax (china) available in the market .. And No russian TT available in market :)

zeeshan.pk
18-06-2010, 08:49 PM
I live in Mian Channu ,the gunsmith Name is Shaheen Arms Mechanic,he is v expert in Fire Arms specially Imported, U r welcome along wd ur Licencse,rate is no problem my brother maverik

qaiser
18-06-2010, 09:43 PM
AOA
maverick bro u shud repalce it or try it urself
its the problem of the spring.u have to disasmble the faulty magzine and bend the spring in upward direction so that the follower is moved in upward direction...i mean to make a bit of height to the follower..dont bend it alot it will cause FTF..

khanjee
19-06-2010, 09:15 AM
@Yes Gillani bro .. The price ratio which you have disclosed is Exactly same in market nowdays .... IN TT Only Zastava (Serbia) , Norinco (china) , Winamax (china) available in the market .. And No russian TT available in market :)

Bro Naveed

thanks a lot for confirming the prices of the above.

Bro could you check from market which chinese/other foreign origin handguns in 9mm (other than CF98) is available in the range of Rs. 30-35 K. if any used one with good condition like CZ etc. available.

have nice day & thanks in advance

SPAYPANTHER
19-06-2010, 10:48 AM
@ naveed-pk

bro do you know curent prise of winamax tt

maverick880
19-06-2010, 12:09 PM
@ zeeshan
thanks bro
@ qaisar
bro i dnt think it would be good to do that, in a couple of days i m going to the dealer n he will adjust it or replace the faulty mag
but thanks for advise

Mangloo Ramzani
19-06-2010, 10:30 PM
@ Maverick880:

Brother, I dont know if your problem is solved or not. I asked for pics of magazine from you, you did post the pics but not of the magazine. Anyways here are a few pics of my CF98, maybe you can compare it with yours and find out the problem. The best solution still would be to take it back to the dealer and have it changed!

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy197/Mangloo/CF98/DSC_6652_resize.jpg
http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy197/Mangloo/CF98/DSC_6653_resize.jpg
http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy197/Mangloo/CF98/DSC_6654_resize.jpg

Have a look at your magazine and compare it with the follower shown in the last pic!

Regards

zeeshan.pk
19-06-2010, 10:44 PM
br Maverik,today at 11a.m I contacted Ahsan at PARA and told Him ur Problem,he ensured me to get the mag Change,U pls go to him and get ur problem solved in mins

Syed Saqib Ahmed
24-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Hi Guys,

I have bought a CF 98, for PKR - 35K, it is Stamped ENTERCON on one side and 9mm made in China CF98 on the left side, is it orignal. I have yet to test my piece,

from the looks it seems ok. please advise.
Rgds

Faheem
24-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Syed Saqib Ahmed brother dont worry you have got the original one

maverick880
24-06-2010, 01:54 PM
thank you mangloo bro
n
thanks a lot zeeshan bro
i will definitely visit them and get the faulty one changed

noumanzaidi
24-06-2010, 04:56 PM
@Syed Saqib Ahmed

brother don't worry you are surely supplied with the original Chinese pistol

PUNJTANI5
28-06-2010, 04:24 PM
sorry 2 break bubble 4 all please

cf98 is a chinese gun

china makes the same thing in various quality

u can buy the same thing for rs10 to rs 1000 with different quality but same function.

nowadays for the last 6 - 10 months the cf98 is not coming in good quality
mainly beacuse of many reasons

old cf98 guns had good metallutgy and some quality check but
now i think they r giving rs 5000/- worth chinese gun for rs50,000/-

so please beware all and check the gun thoroughly before buying
and if possible ask some expert to accompany u while going to the gun dealer

i suggest we should go for turkish guns as they r of better quality

PUNJTANI5
28-06-2010, 04:40 PM
same is the case with the chines made tokarev tt 30 pistols now a days they r also coming in poor metallurgy and unreliable quality. i was with my dealer a few days ago for a gun for a friend and he refused to sell the gun b/c of me saying that the same gun costed 24500/- and they sold for 27000-28000/- now the sale price of the same gun is 18000/-

so then we setteled for a good quality turkish pistol / hunter arms company 30 bore tt or frontier arms company 9mm nobel , my friend chose FAC 9mm nobel for 14500/- only 14 shot good gun

we shot two full mags in his fire spot for test and then bought it guaranteed for 5 yrs

maverick880
29-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Thanks God, at last i got my faulty mag replaced from PARA
and fired a number of bullets last night from both mags
now the pistol is perfectly all right
@ Panjtani5
my bro panjtani is very disappointed from chinese
buddy i only have complaint whith regards CF finish, otherwise no prob , a gud gun having gud designe perfectly made for medium sized hands
Grip is really cool

Thanks to all my senior members and brothers who guided me and helped me a lot.