PDA

View Full Version : Want to see the world's 1st corner shot weapon?

AK-86
11-06-2010, 11:35 AM
hey guys while surfing i found this gun which may the 1st corner shot weapon:
see it by ur self:
http://world.guns.ru/assault/as51-e.htm

KageFox
11-06-2010, 12:25 PM
This was not just the first corner shot design but also the father of the modern assault rifle. Any further and we will be entering PB waters...

Slayerjatt
11-06-2010, 02:12 PM
This was not just the first corner shot design but also the father of the modern assault rifle. Any further and we will be entering PB waters...

lol. the forbidden waters.

cooldragon
12-06-2010, 01:04 PM
From what iv heard this wasnt a great success but it carve the path for some better stuff , the guys also made the first night vision sighting devices for assualt rifles , they were used by the Nazi SS ,

KageFox
12-06-2010, 01:37 PM
I don't exactly know, but it was rumored that the Germans made great forays into night vision technology... codenamed Vampir. At that time, this night vision device was heavy, bulky and consumed quite a lot of power. This system, coupled with the Stg 44 could have become a very effective short range sniping weapon.

AK-86
15-06-2010, 12:04 AM
with all these modern technologies, i never understand why the Germans lost the war? i think it was a matter of luck which was not on German side.
what do you guys think?

KageFox
15-06-2010, 12:26 AM
Its not weapons alone which win a war. Its tactics.

The Germans tactics worked well while they were on the offensive, the prime example being the Blitzkrieg. The German tactics worked when an enemy was caught off-guard.

Unfortunately, a different type of tactic is required while on the defense or holding ground. Bad attack planning and timing forced the Germans into a bad position in Soviet Russia, forcing them to abandon their Eastern front-line later on. It is said the a contingent of German troops had the roof of the Kremlin itself within eye-view, when Hitler ordered the assault to a halt. A similar case during D-Day; the German defenses failed to hold up against the Allied invasion of the Normandy beach. I feel that the Germans had planned out their attack well, but their policies and tactics during the war cost them victory.

In any case, weapon modifications and innovations usually came too late in the war to make any major difference. No doubt, the German scientists and engineers were imaginative and inventive. The application of the weapons created was where the Germans lacked, IMHO.

That's my opinion. Feel free to discuss WWII with me, I am a WWII fanatic... :D

MianTaimur
15-06-2010, 12:36 AM
Adding a clip of the first indegeniously made corner gun made in Pakistan ....enjoy !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWWDAYt9Ahs

Faisji
15-06-2010, 11:35 AM
with all these modern technologies, i never understand why the Germans lost the war? i think it was a matter of luck which was not on German side.
what do you guys think?

They lost because the German people were not with the nazi party in the end.their atrocities alienated them to their own people.
In war luck is not as much a factor as is resolve as displayed by English and Soviets.

Also the fact that german war machine was being run by amanically schizo didn't help.

ay_be_why
15-06-2010, 12:12 PM
+1 KF and Faisji. One other thing I may add, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it is also a fact that while the Germans did have superior and more sophisticated technology, it was either developed/deployed too late or was too sophisticated to be field-serviceable or mass produced. An example of the first case could be the Stg 44 and Tiger 1 and 2 could be examples of the later. Compare them to, say, the Garand and the SHerman, for both their simplicity/reliability and the sheer numbers in which these were built...

KageFox
15-06-2010, 02:23 PM
The King Tiger, one of the most fearsome of tanks... with the deadly 88mm gun mounted, it was able to take on several enemy tanks and emerge victorious... alas... it came a little too late...

AK-86
15-06-2010, 05:46 PM
+1 KF and Faisji. One other thing I may add, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it is also a fact that while the Germans did have superior and more sophisticated technology, it was either developed/deployed too late or was too sophisticated to be field-serviceable or mass produced. An example of the first case could be the Stg 44 and Tiger 1 and 2 could be examples of the later. Compare them to, say, the Garand and the SHerman, for both their simplicity/reliability and the sheer numbers in which these were built...

well as far as the TIGER tank is concerned so it was the most deadliest tank of WW2, in a site i read that i takes 4 shermans to take out a single tiger tank and only one sherman returns back. and to counter garand the Germans had Gewehr 43 which was i think much more powerful than Garand. on the other hand the Germans had 88mm flak AA/AT guns which were also very much power ful and easy to use weapon of that time.

one of the guy said that the Germans were against Nazis so i think thats not true, the Germans were fully supporting thier ARMY but now a days Germans dont like NAZIS and HITLER but its just because of that they lost the war and its human nature that it dont like defeats. ( one common example of that is the camo pattern of Modern German is same as it was of NAZIS Army, if they hated Nazis so why didn't they changed it?)

i hope you guys will agree

AK-86
15-06-2010, 05:49 PM
The King Tiger, one of the most fearsome of tanks... with the deadly 88mm gun mounted, it was able to take on several enemy tanks and emerge victorious... alas... it came a little too late...

I hope you know this that Tiger 1 also had the same 88mm gun, King Tiger was late, but the Tiger showed its supremacy over all the western allies.

ay_be_why
15-06-2010, 08:08 PM
No question about the Tiger's supremacy over Allied armor, but it was too complex to be extensively deployed. And it suffered from frequent breakdowns... German armor, in the end, in spite of its quality, was overcome by the quantity of the Allied, or rather the American armor... That's what the net says :) Plus, just like the Stg 44, the 43 was also kinda late [Wikipedia], in the middle of the Russian campaign I guess??

Faisji
15-06-2010, 08:34 PM
one of the guy said that the Germans were against Nazis so i think thats not true, the Germans were fully supporting thier ARMY but now a days Germans dont like NAZIS and HITLER but its just because of that they lost the war and its human nature that it dont like defeats. ( one common example of that is the camo pattern of Modern German is same as it was of NAZIS Army, if they hated Nazis so why didn't they changed it?)

i hope you guys will agree

German people were not in a position to show opposition to Nazi party during 2nd WW if you opposed the war then you had to deal with Gestapo and you could be sent to a work camp or worse.

Even at the peak of their power the nazi party had about 8.5 million members out of 50 million population with about 1 million only enjoying power and position.

nazis are hated for the crimes against humanity they committed and the utter destruction of Germany through a war.If defeat was just the reason the Wilhelm II would have been hated more than hitler.