PDA

View Full Version : Gamo airgun sights + box

Snarl
02-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Salam guys, i'm new to this forum but i've been lurking around for some time now, i come to you as i need help and advice.

i have a gamo shadow 1000, its roughly 6 months old and is an amazing gun but recently in a hunting trip the rear sight

this is the part im talking about
http://www.gamousa.com/product.aspx?product=Micro-metric Air Rifle rear sight&productID=98

currently i've improvised to fix it but its not that elegant of a solution, i was wondering if anyone knew where to get a replacment sight in islamabad/pindi area or even karachi or had an extra one lying around, i really need help on this, it would be a shame to see the 20k + gamo go to waste

P.S
i'd also like to know if there is anyway to buff out scratches from the stock of the shadow 1000
P.S
i'm also looking to buy a rifle case (hardcover box, like a shotgun case) to hold the airgun, any ideas?

looking forward to your replies

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-06-2010, 10:31 AM
@ Snarl,

Welcome to PG.

It's quite difficult (not impossible) to find a replacement locally. You 'can' purchase one online and have it sent via courier but have no idea of costs involved.

During the time I had my Gamo 1000, I never used the rear sight since I had a scope mounted on it all the time and I suggest you give this a thought too. A decent scope for around 5k would not only take care of your problem, but give you much better accuracy and fun time.

Snarl
02-06-2010, 10:36 AM
yeah i'm trying to get a scope at the moment, there is a good one for 4k (tasco)

i would just prefer to have the sights as a back up plan etc.

how did you fix the scratches on your shadow?

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-06-2010, 10:38 AM
I never had any till the time I sold it :)

LionHeart
02-06-2010, 10:42 AM
@Snarl:

First of all Warm Welcome to PG, hope you will enjoy your stay. Brother Kindly Update your Location in your Profile.

+1 to SA very well advised Just wanted to add a possibility to find this Rear Sight in Lahore at Ellahi Buskh (Hall Road) as this guy is use to have Front Fiber Opt Sights for Shadow 1000 so might he also be having the Rear Sights as well so just try your luck.

Regarding your other queries..... No idea might any other member would advised you some thing in the regard.

best of Luck

Snarl
02-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Thanks i'll check it out.

and S.A thats amazing maintainance! i take a lot of care of my gun but it still got scratched

thanks lion, i'm gonna check out that place. or see if anyone i know is coming from america and can bring the sights with him, this is really annoying :(

and i updated my location

Bullseye
02-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Purchased the rear sight from Shaheen Traders Karachi last month at 2800/-. At that time he had only two 2 left.
Contact details: Ayaz, 03222553354.

Snarl
02-06-2010, 10:57 AM
thanks bullseye, i'll look into it right now

can you give me the address?

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-06-2010, 11:25 AM
thanks bullseye, i'll look into it right now

can you give me the address?

Shaheen Traders is located at Lucky Star area in Karachi Saddar. If you're entering from lucky star side, this small shop will fall on the left hand side (a 80-100 meters down the road)