PDA

View Full Version : Air Rifle Cleaner / Lubricants ?

LionHeart
31-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Dear All,

Anyone Knows which is the suitable/substitute Lubricant and Cleaner for Polymer Framed Air Rifle like Gamo?

1. Special Cylinder Oil or any other substitute Oil which will not damage its Seal?
2. Any suitable Lub/Oil for general lubrication/Cleaning like barrel/ Trigger system ?
3. Which/What can be use for cleaning its Polymer Frame?

guns for me
31-05-2010, 03:53 PM
hoppe's 9 , Solvents & Lubricants, Cleaning Kits Cleaning Accessories is the best.

Hamid
31-05-2010, 04:45 PM
A pellet cleans the very small residue leftover by the second last pellet, so you dont need to clean the barrel of the airgun.

KageFox
31-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Other than give the metal parts a thin coat of oil, I rarely lubricate mine. It is said that putting oil down the barrel of an airgun is dangerous as there is the chance of the oil undergoing combustion.

But I really want to know: how does one lubricate the springs of the airgun?

By the way, I used to use a car dashboard polish for the polymer stock... Works quite nicely...

Hamid
31-05-2010, 09:19 PM
When I was a kid I once lubricated the inside of the barrel with machine oil (the one used in sewing machines). Smoke would come out each time I would fire a pellet. That's what we call expereince:lol

Dr Hanif Malik
31-05-2010, 10:51 PM
A pellet cleans the very small residue leftover by the second last pellet, so you dont need to clean the barrel of the airgun.

practical answer,no need to clean barrel if rifle is in used:)

wasifali89
01-06-2010, 12:53 AM
there is one way to keep ur barrels in good shape

take some pellets and wash them with some surf or shampoo

then dry them

then lubricate them with a little amount of some thin oil
then use these pellets in between ur shooting to increase the life of ur barrel grooves

i do it myself

LionHeart
01-06-2010, 08:05 AM
Dear All,

Thanks for your replies/feedback and after your all replies few things has been clear like;

1. There is no need to clean the barrel of the running gun. OR Clean the Pellets with some surf/shamopp then lubricate them with some thin oil and use these pellets in b/w shooting. (that's what i have seen on Youtube)

2. Hoppe's 9 which is a Solvents & Lubricant + a good cleaning kit.

3. Car dashboard polish for the polymer stock.

But one important things is still unanswered which is ........

* Cylinder Oil for Spring Air Rifle Is anything like it available in Pakistan Or What else can be used as a substitute for this Cylinder Oil that will not damage Cylinder Seal ?

* Silicone Based Lubricant/Oil ? Or Its substitute ?
For Reference I am posting a Video Link which is regarding Cleaning/Lubricating a Spring Air Rifle by some Professional. I hope you all will like this video and found it useful.

@KF: Brother In this video you will also find answer of your question regarding Lubricate springs of the Air Rifles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MprXfZ4Kz2U&feature=related.

Regards, and Enjoy the Video

KageFox
01-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the YouTube link sir.

I was going through Pyramydair.com and came across these. I believe they will take care of dry barrel cleaning.
http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/show_necessities.pl?show=NEW&Type=7

LionHeart
01-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Yes Brother KF..... I have seen these before on the same site and are really good/easy way to clean the barrel but I don't think these are available here in Pakistan ... Do We ?

Thanks for Sharing anyway .... ;) Still waiting for my queries ?

Regards,