PDA

View Full Version : Need Feedback about performance of 14 shot Pak-made .30 bore TT

Kamran_uk75
31-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Dear Fellows,
I need some performance review of 14 shot Pak-made .30 bore TT as compared to 7 shot TT, I'll appreciate feedback on FTF and FTE ratio and over all performance as well.

TT-33
31-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Yes I had that it oftenly encounter FTF, so I sold & purchased 9mm imported Hand gun.

Hamid
31-05-2010, 04:52 PM
I have one with wooden grips. It never gave me any FTF or FTE. FTF is often result of gun's fault and FTE is due to bad quality of ammo (most of the time).

The most common issue with 14 shots TTs is that the slide lock is engaged after firing each bullet. You have to manually release the slide for the second shot.
This problem can be easily solved by filing the small notch on the slide lock until it no more touches the bullets in the magazine.

Raja_Shakeel
31-05-2010, 05:37 PM
i have both 7 shot and 14 shot bought from same gunsmith.
14 shot have FTE issues.7 shot is working fine no FTF FTE.

Hamid
31-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Check its extractor and get is replaced. TT is so common here in Pakistan that even a blacksmith would repair it.

PsiFactor
31-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Brother don't risk your life with Desi handguns.If you are a TT lover buy yourself a foreign made TT.These Desi Handgus some time works good. The estimated life of Desi Handguns is 100 to 300 rounds.

DEADSHOT
31-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Ive used pakistani pistols brother.Tell you the truth they perform alright but compared to the original they aint that good.I suggest you keep the pakistani one and buy another pistol.Chinese or turkish.If youre low on budget,then i really cant say.

DEADSHOT
31-05-2010, 09:40 PM
one more thing.Pakistani pistols have life time replacement warranty.Can be replaced anytime by the dealer

ALI GUJJAR
31-05-2010, 09:48 PM
if u r lucky u might get nice one. if not wast of money. but they dont cost that much.

Kamran_uk75
01-06-2010, 07:55 AM
Are there any 14 shot .30 foreign made TTs available?

Syrianar
01-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Are there any 14 shot .30 foreign made TTs available?
No, they are only available in 7 shot and 8 shot varients

Salahuddin Ayubi
01-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Dear Fellows,
I need some performance review of 14 shot Pak-made .30 bore TT as compared to 7 shot TT, I'll appreciate feedback on FTF and FTE ratio and over all performance as well.

Brother, if you are planning to use this handgun for self defense / home defense purposes, I suggest that you do not buy a local made TT for this purpose.

You will be much better off going for a CF 98 (cost around 32k) reliability-wise, accuracy-wise, product-life-wise, etc.

ALI GUJJAR
01-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Dear Fellows,

Brother, if you are planning to use this handgun for self defense / home defense purposes, I suggest that you do not buy a local made TT for this purpose.

You will be much better off going for a CF 98 (cost around 32k) reliability-wise, accuracy-wise, product-life-wise, etc.

1++

Kamran_uk75
01-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Dear Fellows,

What's the mag capacity of CF-98, and what's it's effective range?

javed354
01-06-2010, 01:18 PM
15 rounds.

Salahuddin Ayubi
01-06-2010, 01:22 PM
@ Kamran,

Go through our Handguns section to find ALOT of info on CF98

wasifali89
01-06-2010, 02:43 PM
the 10 shot TTs are the best in terms of a .30 and mag capacity and have the minimum possible issues

a 14 shot has stacked magazine and there is no option of getting some imported one

in turn a 7 or 8 shot localy made clone can have its magazine replaced by a chinese or a serbian mag

the FTF (feeding failure) is mainly due to the bad metalurgy of the mags ,as the time passes by thier springs loose thier integrity

Faheem
01-06-2010, 11:55 PM
one more thing.Pakistani pistols have life time replacement warranty.Can be replaced anytime by the dealer

Its really surprising for me ? whenever we purchase any pak made 9mm clone or TT in 10 to 20 k range, after few months whenever we tried to re-sale we got just 3 to 5 k offer from all dealers .......

cooldragon
02-06-2010, 01:28 AM
I have used two local 14 shot tts , let me share experience with one of them , bought it for 9 k , at first i fired it and i just pulled the trigger once and it emtied out all the rounds which was kinda cool but dangerous because i wasnt expecting this , i loaded another mag this time i thought il fire again one shot at a time , i locked the slide back , loaded a mag and when i let the slide go the the bullets were fired by themselves , i didnt even have my finger on the trigger , mostly iv seen that these 14 shot tts are tampered with to be able to fire full auto . iv seen some nut cases at wedding parties all drunk and using similar weapons , these tts with full auto capability are highly dangerous , these full auto guns dont stop once you pull the trigger , i went to a local gun store and asked the man to show me 2 new guns , i went to back of the shop and fired them 14 shots each , i noticed that one pull just finishes the whole magazine , which is very impractial as well as dangerous , i was standing on a road when my gun went off , alhamdulilah it was in a safe direction , but it couldv been worse , DO NOT GO FOR THIS TYPE OF WEAPON , if you really have to though , check if the magazine has been tampered with or not ,
, right now i have a 14 shot tt in silver with wooden grips it fires semi auto , it looks good, but it highly inaccurate and sometimes the rounds fail to move into the chamber properly , maybe its because of cheap ammo because thats what i usually use ,
my mashwara would be to go for an original chinese 7 shot tt , much more reliable , powerful and practical .

cooldragon
02-06-2010, 01:37 AM
i think the above stated problem is known as , slam firing

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Thanks for sharing your experience cooldragon.

Faisji
02-06-2010, 11:08 AM
If Russians wanted a 14 shot TT they would made one.Most Pakistani TTs are unreliable even when target shooting and a no-no in self defense.If you need a high cap gun go for 9 mm.The best 7.62 can do is 9+1 in M57 Zastava(Czech) that is dead reliable.

Kamran_uk75
02-06-2010, 09:11 PM
What's the current price of Zastava M57 & a reliable dealer from where I can get an original piece?

03-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Anyone having idea about TT's descendent the Chinese M201 (NP 17) availability in Lahore market.

Xerga
04-06-2010, 01:31 AM
i think i should write some in this regards as i feel quite concerned.

i have given orders for a new 14 shot local .30 pistol a week ago.... delivery should be made in 1 or 2 days maximum. the amount i spent is 9k. u guys may wonder why i am telling this, its because 10 days ago, my older 14 shot retired :) after successfully spitting over 5000 desi rounds. i dont know if it fired 6000 rounds, just giving a good idea how much well it worked. 1 time ejector replacement, 2 times firing pins' replacement were the total repairs made to pistol during its total 3 years service.

in my older threads. i used to speak alot about local made stuff. ofcourse im not there spokesman. any gun is better than local made guns :) but any way i get good peices when i pay them good.

Gentlemen, as we speak, i should get my gun in 1 or 2 days from now... so i will show some pictures, about warrenty thing,,, i dont care much as they replace anything that causes stopage.

my point is, they are ok if u have low budget, but u dont just go and buy from shops... those are crap... u have to get a good contact who prepares the piece on order....

MianTaimur
04-06-2010, 01:56 AM
I have used a beretta clone a few years back. Kept it for only 6 months. The reason for me to sell it , was because every time I used it, at the back of my mind I always used to think the barell is going to burst or something , secondly there are reliability issues.
However I do agree with Xerga, If you have a good contact and get your piece made to order (custom made) , there is nothing like it and you could use your weapon with a free mind !!

SPAYPANTHER
04-06-2010, 10:01 AM
i want to add one thing

I am playing from a long time with local made TTs …

And have keep many TTs for few time and at last I have to changed them and the reason are: quality , FTF, FTE , parts broken , magazine problem!!! But all of these problem was with dara made (shop made, un branded)

But when I move toward some branded stuff like J.R.MUSHTQ , KHYBER ARMS etc I found their 8shot TTs are not bad as compare to dara made…

so i will say that if you want pak made TT then dont go aney where except J.R.MUSHTAQ 8shot...;)

MianTaimur
04-06-2010, 05:45 PM
That to is a good approach ! How much does a local/branded 8 shot pistol cost these days ?
If the price is above 20k, then I would recommend , that one should go for a Norinco CF 98 ( It is the toyota corolla of pistols) cheap a reliable. I have been using it for almost 3 years now, never given me any problems.........

SPAYPANTHER
04-06-2010, 10:44 PM
a good pakmade TT cost around 8 to 9

Engineeer
08-06-2010, 12:56 PM
plz b care full about pak made tt its very very dangerous.

SPAYPANTHER
08-06-2010, 02:58 PM
plz b care full about pak made tt its very very dangerous.
heheh yes it is dangerous for your enemy:lol:

cooldragon
08-06-2010, 08:52 PM
I dunno lads , from what iv observed people are so racist against pak made weapons , i mean 99 percent of the gun users in the country probably use local made pistols , have heard of them going off by themselves but thats just baout it , we r just a handful of fortunate people who have the resources to buy proper guns so let the other people be happy with their things but then again its our duty to point out the pros and cons for the safety of everyones , cheers .

SPAYPANTHER
09-06-2010, 11:49 AM
@cooldragon

i am using pak made TTs from my childhood and naver ever face any safety ishu...

Shariq
09-06-2010, 06:20 PM
I have owned 6 local TTs both branded and unbranded made on order. Not one of them was accurate when used at range and all had FTF, FTE and other problems like broken Firing pin. I am quite sure that even well built local TTs require Extractor or firing Pin replacement after about 100 rds.
One of the TTs i owned also had this burst fire and slam fire feature. Very unsafe feature indeed.

AK47
10-06-2010, 10:03 AM
+1 Shariq Sir! :)

It's my genuine impression that most owners of LOCAL TT's unfortunately only use it for ceremonial occasions, using cheap local ammo, hence no accuracy issue, no issues with FTE's/FTF's!

I doubt any serious persons with requirement for a defensive weapon without those issues would actually keep a local TT for his SD, unless seriously constrained by budget issues.

I feel with the advent of unprecedented and wider variety of weapons in the Pakistani market, even a genuine TT is merely a collection completing item for the serious enthusiasts. :)

SPAYPANTHER
10-06-2010, 10:16 AM
@ ak47 & shariq

brothers do you use:
khyber arms MAFIA
sharpaow arms 636TT
&
J.R.mushtaq's TT

if not then plz try them you will find them much bater and the give hardly FTF, FTE...
but if you compear them with imported one , it will be injustice;)

hskhan2k2
25-11-2010, 05:28 AM
14 shot is redicelous pistol rather then 7 shot if u very fussy for max capacity then go for mafia (khyber arms) a little bit better.