PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to clean your Gun?

Balazona
05-01-2009, 04:13 PM
hi guys i want to know that what u use to clean ur firearms after shooting them.i usually use WD-40 as a CLP.and ordinary machine oil for lubrication.what r ur perefrences?
Specially Firepower,what u use for ur guns?

Abbas
06-01-2009, 03:40 AM
WD 40 and Abken weapon spay for light lubrication.

Firepower!
06-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Gun oil from POF. I know should get something fancy. :/

Bored2676
12-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Powder solvent and Hoppes gun oil / Rem oil

WD-40 is fine for a while but over a period of time in some imported barrels (if you look at it with a bore snake) it leaves some deposits which usually do not anything but at times also ruin the grooves of the barrel. So basically, as long as you dont use WD-40 to clean the barrel, it should be fine

Cap1
12-01-2009, 07:52 PM
I was told to clean the barrel thoroughly with WD40! What is powder solvent (brand?) and should that be used to clean the barrel? Being new to guns I'm getting confused by conflicting advise.

Bored2676
12-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Well.......in Pakistan, that is the general approach. But let me boil it down for you:

Solvents dissolve powder residue and dirt. WD-40 is an average solvent.
Lubricants make the gun function smoother. WD-40 is an average lubricant.
Rust protectants protect the gun from rust. WD-40 is an average protectant.

It is basically the jack of all trades and master of none.

WD-40 is known to get gummy as the solvent/carrier evaporates over time as well as harden. WD40 is not only a *lubricant* but an effective *penetrant* (read the label). It is the penetrant properties that are damaging. While these work well in removing rust and corrosion, they can be *devastating* to well kept metal surfaces. Also, as penetrant, a small quantity of WD on bullets can neutralize the primers. Test this by putting a few WD40 coated rounds in a zip lock bag for a week. You're bound to get one or two "sizzlers" at the end of that time.

If you are going to use it, I would suggest to use it on the outside of the gun, not on the inside.

Powder solvent is nitro powder solvent. The common one available in Pakistan is hoppes. Its generally used inside the barrel.

Balazona
12-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Breakfree CLP is the best cleaning stuff according to my observations.is it available in pakistan?

Cap1
12-01-2009, 10:53 PM
@Bored2676 Thanks this helps.

Shariq
12-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Great info bored2676. I was using WD-40 for cleaning barrels too. No more thanks to u.

Bored2676
13-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Welcome. I am also looking for Breakfree but have not been able to find it yet. Maybe I will pick up the stuff on my next visit to the US.

For cleaning with powder solvent, what you need to do:

Soak a cleaning patch with powder solvent, run it once through the barrel and put the barrel aside. After 5 minutes, run dry clean patches through. You will be amazed at the color change on those patches (that is the crap / powder residue which WD40 misses always). Keep doing till the patches come out more or less clean. Thats it. Same process can be followed for some other parts of the gun i.e. extractor. The rest of the parts can be cleaned with a bristle brush and cloth......followed by light lubrication with hoppes gun oil or any other oil (lubrication to be applied to the moving parts of the gun).

Hoppes powder solvent is available with a few gun dealers in Islamabad. I have been able to find it at Ilhai Bux & Sons in Ghakkar plaza area and usually it sells for Rs. 500 a bottle. If you buy a cleaning kit, solvent, oil and cleaning patches are part of it (the universal cleaning kit costs around 2500). Btw most gun dealers dont know about powder solvent at all and will refer you to a gun smith who will also not know.

Balazona
13-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Gunsmiths usually recomend DIESEL as a solvant.

Bored2676
13-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Gunsmiths usually recomend DIESEL as a solvant.

Oh my god...............but hey at least its available and comparatively cheap :)

Balazona
13-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Yep,i tried it couple of time on my TT.it really works.but i never used it later.

Firepower!
13-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Diesel works well but its hard to get rid of it.

Sohail
13-01-2009, 03:56 PM
WD 40 plus the same stuff coming in elfy too. one of my friends has loose solvent which is also good, i will ask him about it.

regards to all

if you are not part of the solution - you are part of the problem.

Abbas
13-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Me and Bored have had this discussion before. While I completely agree with what he has to say, I would like to add my humble perspective.

Bored is right in the sense that every gun needs adequate cleaning after use and even storage but in my opinion gun enthusiasts have made owing/using guns too complicated. I've used all the expensive oils and the fancy maintainence kits and it doesn't do sqat. WD 40, a soft cloth and a barrel brush (usually included with the pistol) is all you need. Firing a 100 rounds takes perhaps half an hour with friends, you don't want to spend two hours cleaning your gun. I've had weapons handed down to me which are three to four generations old and have been subject to gross misuse. They all work perfectly fine and are as accurate as they day they were bought. It is however CRIMINAL to not clean your pistol/weapon within 24 hours of use. I should also mention that Bored is a heavy user who puts about 500 to a 1000 rounds though his pistol every month. Chome lining, durability etc matter most to heavy users but about 90 % of the people don't even put a total of 500 rounds though their weapon in it's entire life. Enjoy your weapon, your grand kids can buy their own :)

I would also like to add here that Bored is an extremely knowledgeable individual about weaponry and other members can learn a lot from his posts.

Shariq
13-01-2009, 08:49 PM
It was a surprise for me that PAF personnel looking after small weapons use Kerosene oil and simple machine oil for weapon cleaning. But still even their Sten Guns of WW-I era work fine till today.

Cap1
13-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Yup these things are built to take a beating and go on and on and on. Still its a matter of personal choice how well you want to treat your weapon and how much time you want to spend on it. From what I've read so far, it looks like more of an art than a science after the basic cleaning and oiling is done with.

Syed
14-01-2009, 07:10 PM
my friend gave me toshiba D-2320 oil made by japan should i use it or not

Bored2676
19-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Me and Bored have had this discussion before. While I completely agree with what he has to say, I would like to add my humble perspective.

I would also like to add here that Bored is an extremely knowledgeable individual about weaponry and other members can learn a lot from his posts.

Hehe thanks. Historical discussion this!

Saeen
20-01-2009, 11:45 AM
very informative, and yeh Bored is right about WD-40 for bullets at least. I did had this experience ;)

Firepower!
20-01-2009, 02:49 PM
we need some good cleaning stuff. if someone knows a shop in lahore that actually has it do let me know

Balazona
20-01-2009, 04:43 PM
try Malik& Sons in Lahore.

Osam
20-01-2009, 06:20 PM
how do i clean the rust on my gun chamber its on the outside grip?

Saeen
22-01-2009, 12:10 PM
WD-40 ..... lots of it ;)

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/2410/16978494qf8.jpg

Gun Lover
24-01-2009, 05:37 PM
petrol to clean or more accurately wash along generous scrubbing with a nylon brush and old tooth brush
after wards smooth light oil or mobil oil mixed with petrol 1:1
i prefer silicon oil it is good for gun more lubricant and non toxic. no smell no color transperent
cool haan

Balazona
24-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Gun Lover,bro be careful when u clean ur firearms with Petrol.it is highly explosive.and i think it is not a wise decision to use it as solvant.it can catch fire during shooting.YMMV.

Gun Lover
01-02-2009, 04:17 PM
yes mr balazoona
i take your advise very seriously

first reference is of sgnldr shariq

It was a surprise for me that PAF personnel looking after small weapons use Kerosene oil and simple machine oil for weapon cleaning. But still even their Sten Guns of WW-I era work fine till today.

now for me getting a gun cleaned is almost a daily bussiness
and i ahve tried a lot of the fancy stuff

petrol or kerosine is the very best solvent
both dry out completely
and leave the gun clean

then my choice is the silicon oil (very thin layer)
it costs rs2200/liter
can withstand around 600C of temperature
non toxic , no smell, transparent , (even used as a medicine or in many medicines for stomach and intestines, so very safe to use)

i disasemble my gun and wash it with petrol / kerosine
i clean the barrel using a nylon brush mounted in the chuk of a black &decker drill
this leaves the barrel bore sparlelling clean

i lubricate my gun after the petrol has already dried up

when i use such lubricant i can be safe in saying that my gun is safe for shooting
without any harm of fire

and one more thing when ever i store my gun it is placed in a self sealable nylon or PP/PE bag which also happens to be airtight

and when i mentioned petrol - mineral oil mixture it was for those persone who were unable to get their hands on any good lubricant

any way even the rs 10 bottle of machine oil is considered good by the mechanics/gunsmiths and dealers for lubrication of your 100,000rs gun

Firepower!
01-02-2009, 04:23 PM
simple gun oil from a quality brand should be really sufficient. however, once a year if you use the weapon on regular basis it is good idea to 'field strip' the weapon and celan it with diesel.

Balazona
01-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Diesel is good CLP which is easyly available in Pakistan.

Firepower!
05-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Balazona are their good cleaning oils available in Lahore?

Balazona
05-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Malik & Sons have some variety of good bore solvants and oils.

Ka_Khan
23-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Diesel is used when your Gun has more rusted parts.Practice here is to leave your gun in diesel overnight.Simple machine oil is used (Iranian machine oil is available here and its cost is Rs 30).
Would like to know more about WD-40....its price and availability.

Balazona
23-02-2009, 10:29 PM
the smallest can of WD-40 is for Rs150/- and is good enough after range session.

Acciprone
23-02-2009, 10:41 PM
in the states u get a can of preassureized air.. that is also good to clean and dust particles..

9mm Luger
23-02-2009, 10:46 PM
I have bought myself a small blower!! use it to blow out any solvent excess oil/WD-40 or anything else that i use for cleaning!! costed me only 700 Rs though...

before oiling i always blow out the excess!!

9mm Luger
23-02-2009, 10:47 PM
just wanted to know what one should use for cleaning copper fouling?? I have small fouling in my barrel dont know how to get rid of it??

Irttyza
24-02-2009, 01:21 AM
i use Beretta oils for cleaning and lubricating my guns.

Glocky
24-02-2009, 02:29 AM
I use Hoppes no 9 powder solvent just soak a cotton patch and let it rest in the barrel for 10-20 mins before using a nylon brush, polishing it up by passing a tightly wrapped oiled cotton rag (old torn t-shirt) and then a clean patch

Ka_Khan
24-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Some useful tips on cleaning....

http://home.earthlink.net/~murph864/article/cleaning.html

Balazona
24-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Khan,well done.

TAREEN
25-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Nice find, Ka_Khan.

Conceal Carry
18-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Just for the information of the fellow members, WD40 is basically to remove water (WD= Water Displacer). Kerocene oil is the major content in WD40. It is not considered to be a lubricant and protector at all, at max it's a cleaner. Period.

CLP on the othjer hand (CLP= Clean, Lubricate and Protect) is a three in one product which cleans the dirt and all, lubricates the moving parts and above all protects against rust. It was developed primarily for te US armed forces and is still widley used by the US forces for gun care.

The best all purpose gun cleaner is Eezox which is known to protect against rust the longest compared against any other products on the market, but it is a restricted item by te US government and can not be exported to Pakistan and other "Dangerous" countries.

My family is currently in US and I h have asked them to bring some (in non spray packing).
I hope they don't get into trouble at the airport

Ka_Khan
18-03-2009, 09:07 PM
The moving metal parts should be applied little grease and have read somewhere that firing pin should not be applied any liquid.

Conceal Carry
18-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Another very cheap and effective way to clean your gun is to field strp and dip in boiling water for 5 minutes. then hang to dry, hot water will evaporate easily, still better to use compress air for fast and sure drying ( i use hair dryer :D). Use WD40 to double ensure that no water trace is left. wipe clean and use simple light machine oil for lubrication and protection. wipe clean excessive oil.

Boiling also removes deposits in the barrel and hard to reach places.

If you want to try this yourself, do it at your own risk and do not hold me responsible for any damage that you may do to your gun. make sure no plastic parts are boild (some handguns may have plastic guide rods). Also make sure you don't use heavy water.

I'll try to film and post the video, next time I do this.

I also have a good (authentic) formula to make a good cleaner at home, but can't find it right now, will post as soon as i get it. (have never tried it myself)

Conceal Carry
18-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Only white lithium grease on moving parts. Never never never apply any grease to firing pin. it will form a gunk/gum type substance after mixing with powder residue from blast, firing pin wil either become sticky and / or sieze resulting in mis fires.

Ka_Khan
19-03-2009, 12:37 AM
Conceal carry we will be waiting for your 'home recepie'.
I think cleaning with warm water will work adding little detergent,boiling will not be good idea.

Daudpota
19-03-2009, 10:26 AM
As a general rule of thumb, you should avoid water/moisture. It is the No.1 culprit in destroying your gun. Use proper oils/rust removers etc. for maintenance. Contact your gun-smith for more information regarding availability of the required items. Regards.

Naazer
19-03-2009, 11:24 AM
i remember my dad cleaning his weapons with hot water-a carry over from his SSG days. will speak to him and write what his method is.

Balazona
19-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Hot boiling water in needed to clean the barrel if u use corrosive ammo.

TAREEN
19-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Sometime back, a rifle of mine popped out of my hand and dived into a puddle just before I landed there as well. There was no way of rinsing out all the multivitamins & minerals from its barrel & mechanism but to strip it & water-wash is with a pressure hose. Didn't let it dry in the sun as it is, but tried to flush out water and moisture from it with half of WD40 can. Then allowed it to dry before putting it back together. It worked & nothing happened to the gun. Forgot to mention that the rifle was scoped and it was also cleaned with water in a spray bottle.

Conceal Carry
20-03-2009, 02:12 AM
I very good buddy of mine is in Pak Army, and he told me about getting training on using hot water to clean firearms. May be its a method used in the war field due to lack of cleaning supplies etc. But I know from my personal experience it is a very simple method and works best with all steel handguns. But DO make sure that all water is dried before you apply gun oil and store your weapon. If you leave even a very small traces of water, it will start rusting without you knowing till next time you strip your gun.

Glxspk
22-03-2009, 12:07 AM
Hoppes for the bore *
POF gun oil for lubrication
KY Jelly for ..OOps wrong forum for this :P

HassaanAfzal
22-03-2009, 01:10 AM
POF oil n wd 40

Abbas
22-03-2009, 01:34 AM
A friend at the range mentioned dipping the entire gun in kerosene for a couple of hours. I had heard of it before many times but :rolleyes: Today I thought what the hell the NZ is a damn cheap gun, I can just pick up another one if I screw it up. Need an excuse to buy a CZ 75 anyway ;) So took off the plastic grips, did a basic disassembly and drowned it in a liter of Kerosene (read Mitti ka tail). Left it to soak for an hour or two then scrubbed it with a toothbrush. Let is soak again for another hour.

Took all the parts out and was surprised at the Kerosene, it was jet black and thick. All the parts came out looking shiny new and after a 30 minute rubdown and oiling looked better and smoother than new.

However I don't recommend it for anything worth over 35 or 40 K nor is it really needed. I think once perhaps every 2500 rounds or so. Kerosene kills anything polymer or plastic.

Osam
22-03-2009, 01:47 AM
Ive used kerosine on a friends desi made tt. It actually made it easier to clean the rust on the gun.

Balazona
22-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Diesel is much better than Kerosine oil for this purpose.i use diesel for my NZ-85B.

Shariq
22-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Diesel much better. Being used for years in PAF with no apparent damage to weapons.

Taurus
22-03-2009, 09:43 PM
gr8 to hear abt deisel but i use brunox spray i bought it for 400..i heard from some gunsmith that it should neither be complete oil nor complete spray means both mixture should be together oil+spray..and its good to use it..my pistol looks like brand new after usage of this spray

Taurus
03-04-2009, 07:15 PM
try to make it clear with kerosene oil mitthi ka tail

Khilji
03-04-2009, 07:43 PM
i use white oil used in industrial sewing machines its lubes well and is not sticky

Ka_Khan
03-04-2009, 08:28 PM
For Rust...use Kerosine Oil.

Glxspk
03-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Sometime back, a rifle of mine popped out of my hand and dived into a puddle just before I landed there as well. There was no way of rinsing out all the multivitamins & minerals from its barrel & mechanism but to strip it & water-wash is with a pressure hose. Didn't let it dry in the sun as it is, but tried to flush out water and moisture from it with half of WD40 can. Then allowed it to dry before putting it back together. It worked & nothing happened to the gun. Forgot to mention that the rifle was scoped and it was also cleaned with water in a spray bottle.

If you want to dry out water from anything use your wife's hair dryer

9mm Luger
04-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Are your sure its rust? we use copper jacketed bullets and what we all normally use is ineffective against copper fouling!!

I have a pic of copper fouling which normally is around the lines in the barrel!

Balazona
04-04-2009, 09:26 PM
I will suggest diesel again.far better than kerocine.

Firepower!
06-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Diesel and motor oil.

Faisal Khan
12-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Motor oil is regarded to be a good lubricant for semi-auto weapons but it does not resist corrosion/rust, the best one is German semi-fluid LSA MIL-L-46000C if you can get your hands on it. When I was in Pakistan, once I bought it from Buksh Elahi. Here in US its available and 1 quart is for $30, I call it a Desi ghee for my weapons. Its real good.

Ka_Khan
12-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Why the Guns and there parts are so prone to Rusting?Is it the corrosive elements in the Bullets or the material by which guns are made?

Balazona
12-04-2009, 11:11 PM
It depends on the Finishing quality.firearms with good finishing materials r not prone to rust easily.

Firepower!
12-04-2009, 11:23 PM
FK this is best we can do here without that sophisticated stuff you are speaking of.

Faisal Khan
13-04-2009, 03:41 AM
FP, I have 4 sealed quarts of LSA in storage, I can send you one if you want me to. I don't think its a prohibited item to export. Your nice collection of weapons would love that.:)

Glxspk
13-04-2009, 03:55 AM
LSA is available at Elahi Buksh, Tayabally & Haris.

So is Hoppes and other cleaning products.

Conceal Carry
06-05-2009, 01:18 AM
Conceal carry we will be waiting for your 'home recepie'.
I think cleaning with warm water will work adding little detergent,boiling will not be good idea.

Sorry it took such a long time, but here it is.

Cleaner/Lube for Firearms
Courtesy of Greg Samplawski

Here is the formula for my cleaner/lube. It is cheaper to make than
buying any gun stuff I have found yet !! It will leave a light oil
film on metal and will displace water.

TO MAKE: 1 Gallon 4 Gallons

MIX:
Kerosene or Diesel fuel (40%) 2/5 (.40) Gal. 1-3/5 (1.6) Gal.

Mineral Spirits (40%) 2/5 (.40) Gal. 1-3/5 (1.6) Gal.

Marvel Mystery Oil (15%) 3/20 (.15) Gal. 3/5 (.60) Gal.
or 3/5 (.60) Quart or 2-2/5 (2.40) Quart

Rislone oil (5%) 1/20 (.05) Gal. 1/5 (.20) Gal.
or 1/5 (.20) Quart or 4/5 (.80) Quart

Use thickwall HDPE containers with tight fitting lids. I use buckets
from the local home center. Look for the HDPE symbol on the bottom
of the container. I have NO experience with any other type of
container. (HDPE= High Density PolyEthylene)

You can round up the numbers if you want. This is not rocket science.
Using 5 or 10 weight motor oil as a substitute for Marvel and Rislone
oil is O.K. It doesn't work as good but is a suitable substitute. I
use odorless Mineral Spirits. Marvel Mystery Oil and Rislone Oil is
usually available in auto parts stores.
EXAMPLE: Kerosene 45%, Mineral Spirits 45%, 5 weight motor oil 10%.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:

REMOVE ALL GRIPS, STOCKS, SCOPES from the gun BEFORE USE !!! You could
test your rubber and plastic grips in a hidden spot to see how it
reacts. I remove the grips.

NO WOODEN GRIPS OR STOCKS. This stuff will soften wood finishes!

Not strictly necessary but, I wear rubber gloves to protect my hands.

This cleaner is meant for short term cleaning. I have dunked the whole
gun (without the grips) in this stuff and cleaned with no problems. I
have left BLUED guns in it for months with no problems.

For nickel or chrome finishes it is fine, no problems. DO NOT leave
nickel or chrome plated guns in this solvent for LONG periods of time
!! The red dye in the Marvel Mystery Oil will soak into the pores and
leave a yellowish cast to the finish. As I said it is fine for
cleaning nickel/chrome just don't leave it in the cleaner for 2 months
!! ;)

Cleaning night sights is o.k. I haven't seen any problem with Triticon
etc.. Just don't leave the gun in there for marathon soaking sessions
over night. The solvent properties may loosen the glue. Soak for a few
minutes then, Clean it off right away!

Scopes definitely won't like being dunked in this stuff !! Just use
common sense.

I and others have soaked: old, new, blued, rusty, stainless, polymer
and bare steel in this stuff for over two years with no ill effects
other than the yellow stain on nickel or chrome finish mentioned
earlier. It has no effect on stainless steel I can see.

When the cleaner gets cruddy: I just let it sit and pour the cleaner
off the top into another container leaving the crud in the bottom. I
let the solvent evaporate off the crud and then dispose of rest
wrapped in newspaper in the trash. You can also dispose of used stuff
just like old motor oil, (NOT DOWN THE DRAIN !! ) take it to your
local used motor oil recycler. Most auto parts stores here in SO CAL
take used motor oil.

I have HAZMAT MSDS forms for those that really want to see them.
E-mail me: samplawski@home.com for address to send Self Addressed
Stamped Envelope.

For Makarov Pistols: I remove the grips, then soak the gun over night.
The next day a simple brushing and wiping and the gun is clean in
about 2 minutes !!!! NOW THAT'S WHAT I LIKE......

My 1911A1 pistols clean up just as easy. I use a long, narrow, shallow
plastic flower planter to soak my long guns. (without the wood
stocks/scopes, of course ! ) I have also used this to clean tools and
car parts !!! It leaves a light oil film on metal and displaces water.

Conceal Carry
06-05-2009, 01:22 AM
here is the link
http://www.makarov.com/tech.html

Connector
06-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Shoot Glocks and save on cleaning equipment.I havent cleaned my 17 for 1500 rnds.

Glocky
06-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Shoot Glocks and save on cleaning equipment.I havent cleaned my 17 for 1500 rnds.

+1 on shooting glocks
I also use Philips degreaser, apart from the regular cleaners when my weapons get too oily and dirty, it works wonders. Just be sure to lubricate your weapon after using the degreaser otherwise u'll have a dry gun

Osam
08-05-2009, 02:28 PM
This is what everyone should get. A complete cleaning and maintenance kit.
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt29/osama_yunus/5119011.jpg

Glocky
08-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Brushes, swabs, jigs and boresnakes are all gr8 but the problem always lies with the solvents/oils. Either too expensive or not easily available. Otherwise its always elbow grease and going that extra mile which keeps a gun clean not the tools.

Osam
08-05-2009, 02:46 PM
This complete set is for just $41 in the U.S. But again we have an availability issue here. Its a complete set for all pistols, .22-.38 rifles and shotguns of 12/20 gauge. Im searching if this could be delivered here.

Glocky
08-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Brushes are, solvents i don't think so

Acciprone
08-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Osam check ebco they have some good stuff on gun cleaning.

Khalidsh
08-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Hoppe's products are avaiable at Tayebally and Al Haris. Check them out

Brushes, swabs, jigs and boresnakes are all gr8 but the problem always lies with the solvents/oils. Either too expensive or not easily available. Otherwise its always elbow grease and going that extra mile which keeps a gun clean not the tools.

Ilyas
08-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Brushes are, solvents i don't think so

Hello Glocky! Where can I get the set of brushes from and for how much?

Glocky
08-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Tayabally, Alharis, DAAD and International Arms in Karachi all have them. Maybe Lahore might be a better bet for you.

Ilyas
08-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Thanks Bro :)

Ka_Khan
08-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Osam i saw a similar set here and the guy was asking 8000.You can also make one for yourself.Start gathering similar brushes,'phultro's',a small painting brush,soft cotton cleaning cloth,and whatever in your shaving kit bag.For cleaning Best is the Diesel and machine oil.

Glocky
08-05-2009, 07:47 PM
kakhan +1

Osam
08-05-2009, 08:25 PM
8000 is a lot for this its original cost is around 3500. But again the quality things being in one package and for a wide variety of weapons pistols, shotgun and rifle all covered. If you get separate
things of same brand or quality i bet it would cost a lot more.

Ilyas
08-05-2009, 11:24 PM
@ Ka_Khan
Was it Kashif Bros on University Road? Coz he's a killer... anything at his shop is almost 30% expensive than the rest of the market.

Ka_Khan
08-05-2009, 11:47 PM
No IAK it was in the Karkhano market.

Bluff
09-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Osam i saw a similar set here and the guy was asking 8000.You can also make one for yourself.Start gathering similar brushes,'phultro's',a small painting brush,soft cotton cleaning cloth,and whatever in your shaving kit bag.For cleaning Best is the Diesel and machine oil.
@ka-khan.. bro i searched my shaving kit in side out but on found a shaving gel , a razor and an after shave lotion.. :lol:

Ka_Khan
09-05-2009, 11:23 AM
@ka-khan.. bro i searched my shaving kit in side out but on found a shaving gel , a razor and an after shave lotion.. :lol:
Dear i think the Three of them are the Best cleaning items for your Guns in the field when you have nothing !

Just wandering...You hunters clean your Guns in the field (and what u use) or clean them after return?

Bluff
09-05-2009, 11:28 AM
well i always clean my guns when ever i come back from shooting trip .... if it is three or more days i take my cleaning kit with me ...