PDA

View Full Version : PT 145 " FOBUS" HOLSTER WaNTED!

AK47
28-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Dear brother's, please let me know if there's a PT 145 sized FOBUS/KYDEX holster available ANYWHERE in PAKISTAN!

Would appreciate your help very much. Thanks. :)

KageFox
28-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Unfortunately, my info is old so it may or may not help.

About a year back, saw a Fobus with Huffaz and International Arms, both in Saddar, Mansfield Street. They only had certain models, not sure if they would cater to your PT145.

The Fobus paddle carrying the PT609 in this thread (http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4771, first & last pics) would possibly fit your gun; it was bought online.

Denovo87
28-05-2010, 12:53 PM
AK bro, dont look for PT145 fobus holster in local market, its on the way bro :) just wait 2-3 weeks.

AK47
28-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks for some useful assistance KF, and indeed wonderful photography, had somehow missed this wonderfully picturized thread of yours. :)

Anyhow, I'm relieved to see that at least a "near to perfect" option IS available, since I feel the PT 609 and PT 145 may have close to similar dimensions, +/- 5%, if not even less!

I'll check out the dimensions for comparison over the net, but still the MAIN problem is still there, even if dimensions are grossly the same, from WHERE to get that holster!

Could anyone come forth, if any ideas on availability, plz? Thanks. :)

PS.@ KF..........The basic "obstruction" for these two models of handguns, when trying to shove them down into other modeled FOBUS holsters, is actually the "low stretching" trigger guard of the PT 145/PT 609. Does your gun "click in" when fully shoved down, activating the retention mechanism?

AK47
28-05-2010, 01:10 PM
AK bro, dont look for PT145 fobus holster in local market, its on the way bro :) just wait 2-3 weeks.

@Den.........Bro, I somehow had an "intuitive" feeling that finally a "Sialkot connection" would solve me this matter permanently! ;) :lol:

In any case, nice hearing from you, it's been days by now, and kindly be sure to get 2 of them, and I trust you already have secured this! ;)

Advance thanks, have learnt the "pressure" technique from you too! ;) :lol:

Just make sure to satisfy the customs, no need to present them with books on laws/regularities, a la' one of our other esteemed brothers! ;) :lol:

KageFox
28-05-2010, 02:12 PM
PS.@ KF..........The basic "obstruction" for these two models of handguns, when trying to shove them down into other modeled FOBUS holsters, is actually the "low stretching" trigger guard of the PT 145/PT 609. Does your gun "click in" when fully shoved down, activating the retention mechanism?

It does. There's quite a positive click which assures you that the gun is now secure. In a regular draw, there are no problems, however the retention ensures that the gun cannot be removed from awkward angles. Before use, the tension screw had to be adjusted, otherwise, the gun would go in but not come out easily.

The holster (the one for the PT609) is actually quite comfortable; one can wear it all day and get used to the weight easily. However, a word of advice: this holster may be a little uncomfortable while driving.

If you get a Fobus for your Taurus, be sure that you do not get one which is for the old (first-generation) Millennium model.

AK47
28-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Thanks KF for above advice, I believe it's the difference between the muzzle ends of Gen.1 and Gen.3, the added "rail" that you're referring to.

In any case, I believe these holsters are best and securest to keep your gun in, apart from the fact that they provide more of "air vent" to your gun than traditional tight-wrapped ones, and this in my opinion would also ensure longer life to the "finishing" of your gun.

Secondly, the retention mechanism is unique, especially if you do not believe in "unstrapping of leather straps first at the time of emergent draw. :)

Den came up with some practical "help" above, let's see how fast hopefully they come through. :)

Salahuddin Ayubi
28-05-2010, 04:50 PM

Ahum. :)

AK47
28-05-2010, 05:11 PM

Ahum. :) @SA.........Bro, this is gonna be a LONG que, I feel, yet I believe Den will be forced to stick to the "first come, first served" principle! ;)

Btw, when is your flight? :lol:

KageFox
28-05-2010, 06:07 PM
A small note. The Fobus is manufactured in Israel and is marked as such. When buying online, Abba thought that maybe customs would confiscate it due to its Israeli origins. However, all went well. Just though I'd let you know.

Salahuddin Ayubi
28-05-2010, 08:19 PM

Ahum. :) @SA.........Bro, this is gonna be a LONG que, I feel, yet I believe Den will be forced to stick to the "first come, first served" principle! ;)

Btw, when is your flight? :lol:

2 - 3 weeks :lol: I hope I time it right hehehe j/k

@KageFox, useful info there. Thanks