PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone hunted Pheasant in Pakistan. ?

Afzaal
20-05-2010, 11:25 AM
i know all birds hunting are closed ATM

Just curious to know for upcoming games if pheasants available anywhere in Pakistan ?

Kakar
20-05-2010, 11:46 AM
I have hunted a few in KP (NWFP). Over there they call it jangli murghi (wild chicken).

Afzaal
20-05-2010, 11:51 AM
your last words are worth to read brother.

few weeks back a guy from bonair who work in my village invited me to hunt at his place in upcoming winter

he also quoted this specific word "Jungli murghi"
i was in doubt but now pretty clear.

thanks for your helpful words.

Best Regards.

Edit.
KP stands for ?

Kakar
20-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Sir, KP stands for Khyber Pakhtunkwa

Aamar
20-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Hunting pheasants in Pakistan is illegal .......

Denovo87
20-05-2010, 12:38 PM
KP stands for ?

KP= Khaiber Pakhtoon Khwa

Its Murgh e Zareen (local name is junglee murghee, IMHO) and our wild life department is working hard (at least on papers) to increase its population in pothohar & Azad Kashmir.
I know one wild life officer who was attached with a hatchery in Lahore and was asigned to transport Murgh e Zareen chicks to Azad Kasmir (story I am writting here was told by himself personaly) on his trip to Azad kashmir he traded more than half of the batch for, Amroods (Guava), lunch at a truck hotel etc :o

zarar
20-05-2010, 01:44 PM
We have following types of pheasants in Pakistan

• Ring Necks
• Indian Peafowl
• Western Horned Tragopan Pheasant
• Cheer Pheasant
• Himalayan Monal Pheasant
• Koklass Pheasant
• White Crested Khalij

Rings Necks and peafowls are found in Punjab. Wildlife has established different conservancies for ring necks in Punjab like Kalar Kahar, Pirowal (Khanewal), etc. Wildlife department of Punjab do offer permits for hunting ring necks occasionally. This permits costs around Rs. 10000

Other pheasants are found in the hilly areas from Kashmir to Northern Areas including Maree, Nathia Galli, etc. A few species are also found at upper areas of Margalla hills at the bored of Punjab and Khyber Pakhton Khawa. A few species are also found in the hills of Dir Bala, Kohistan Valley and Chitral

For further details please visit

http://www.wildlifeofpakistan.com/Birds.html

All of these pheasant are protected species and hunting thereof is prohibited. In a few areas like Ayubia national park wildlife department is very active but in the other and area locals not only hunt themselves but also facilitate others hunters for personal relations and benefits………………

In the surroundings and even in some areas within the city of Islamabad grey and black partridges are found in abundant. “Does anyone noticed that how much sound of calling partridges fascinate while hiking at the back side of Bari Imam or gossiping at Shakar Darra or walking in Fatima Jinnah Park, etc. when know the species we are listing”.

Similarly these pheasants multiply beauty of our mountains therefore ……?????????????????????

Jillanik
20-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Pheasant shoots were arranged by the concerned department at Kallar Kahar & at Khanewal.

Afzaal
20-05-2010, 03:00 PM
kakar,Den Lala, zarar thanks for your wonderful infos.

Btw.

yesterday wildlife inspector met me i have good term and gupshup with him.

i was told shooting license of small games which was Pkr.300/= previously raised to Pkr.2000/=
and permit of pointer for net which was pkr.6000/= has been pkr.10000/=

Aamar
20-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Other than shoots arranged by the wildlife dept all hunting of pheasants in Pakistan is Illegal ......

Basharat
20-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Sir,

There are some game ranchers in northern sindh who rear and harvest Pheasant and hunt them on their private land.

Afzaal
20-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Sir,

There are some game ranchers in northern sindh who rear and harvest Pheasant and hunt them on their private land.

same like America.

you can't hunt in America without paid forms.

zarar
20-05-2010, 04:42 PM
My pleasure afzal bhai

Dr Hanif Malik
20-05-2010, 05:28 PM
few months back,hunting master was offering to arrange this hunt near gujrat????
@ jillanik sir wild life arrange this hunt two year or more in kalar kahar,fee was 5k for each shooter:)

kstabish
20-05-2010, 05:30 PM
i ve seen but didn,t hunt pheasants along the indus upstream from kalabagh dam site n bani afghan area in march where they come n feed on small fish(poople) in shallow waters of sawan n bushes near by....there is no w/l dept as its area of bandicts n arms n drugs smugglers(kiray kash) there r some people who go n hunt there n no of birds is decreasing day by day...

Kakar
20-05-2010, 06:06 PM
By the way Afzaal sb.. you have to be extra careful if you go for the hunt as there are leopards in the jungle.

ARlover
20-05-2010, 10:27 PM
zarar bro link is very usefull for new hunters like me thanks for link

Ka_Khan
20-05-2010, 11:55 PM
Good Link Zarar.I have been keeping Ring necks as pets from the last 10 years.Once i had more then 50 eggs tried to incubate but the chicks didnt came out.Once i got successful when the eggs were kept under a Hen :D
The pair of a Ring neck was available around 3000 but now it costs 5000.Golden Pheasants are around 15000 per pair and silver costs 8000.

bazkhan35
21-05-2010, 12:38 AM
I have hunted a few in KP (NWFP). Over there they call it jangli murghi (wild chicken).

Ohh mystry solved, when i came to pakistan last time some one was telling me about jangli murgi and i was :/ .

Now understood thanks kakar sahab.

Over here you in uk you ll see so many lying dead on the side of motor way, how? no idea

Kakar
21-05-2010, 12:55 AM
Over here you in uk you ll see so many lying dead on the side of motor way, how? now idea

Yep you are right. During daytime one can see dead pheasants on every road side/highway in UK. They normally sit on the road at night and get hit by cars.

zarar
21-05-2010, 12:01 PM
@ Ktabish lala kalabagh to ute kehri ja e............. at the intersection of swan annd indus...... main suraien uthe ratte te chite mung bahoun hun...............

but pheasant dont eat fish that would be something else

Prince
21-05-2010, 12:30 PM
@zarar ....... hummmmmmmm ......... Syanna ho gaya en dosta ........ i second u dear ..... He is talking something else definately becouse i also familiar with this area since a long time......

zarar
21-05-2010, 01:40 PM
@ price......... thaks!
but dont tell anyone else

Raja_Shakeel
22-05-2010, 10:56 AM
pheasants r available in my village (on the way to Rawlakot AK from Kahuta).
but if is really difficult to hunt.
one may hunt 1 or 2 if he spend whole day in jungle.
and yes we also call them jangli murghi :)

talpur
22-05-2010, 07:37 PM
pheasant and janghli mrughi are the name of one thing its unbelievable bcoz janghli murghi is available in our area but we never hunt we think this is haram

Afzaal
22-05-2010, 10:25 PM
pheasant and janghli mrughi are the name of one thing its unbelievable bcoz janghli murghi is available in our area but we never hunt we think this is haram

you may look this one.
http://www.google.com.pk/#hl=en&source=hp&q=pheasant&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=52b0c7346c405911

kstabish
11-06-2010, 12:53 AM
@zarar.....ru from mianwali??than contact plz kstabish@hotmail.com
yep ur rt im not sure that they were eating fish(this was openion of a local there) may be just coming for water but they were there in start of march a yr back,,
mughan tun ilawa titer ty sussian v bahoon hondian hin bhira...

380ACP
10-07-2013, 03:26 PM
pheasants are called paigar and are different from jungli murghi which is called jungli kukar in the north, murgh e zareen is also different male is more beautiful with long tail female is callee lainth they are found in naraan valley, jungli kukar can be found even in moderate temp like huripur, pheasants are also sighted in galyat area though huntung them is not legal so is the case with mrgh e zareen, jungle murghi is called re jungle fowl in english.

Sikander Panhwar
10-07-2013, 07:35 PM
tyring to post pheasant through photobucket but not working

Sikander Panhwar
10-07-2013, 07:38 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/toffey/DSC03318.jpg (http://s19.photobucket.com/user/toffey/media/DSC03318.jpg.html)

shahroze
10-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Sir you are WAY ahead of your league
MashAllah

Denovo87
10-07-2013, 07:52 PM
tyring to post pheasant through photobucket but not working

Done Saeen ;)