PDA

View Full Version : What is a compensator?

bazkhan35
18-05-2010, 11:55 PM
What is a compensator?. I did not find any thread on this.

If it is PB then mods please close my thread, otherwise more information needed from seniors.

Posting a pic as well.
http://s3.postimage.org/kP7vi.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=PqkP7vi)

Denovo87
19-05-2010, 12:09 AM
NO, brother its not anything PB, you can have it on the NPB firearms.... to my knowlege (without googling or wikipeding) compensators are (a) to let the gases out of the barrel before projectile leaves out (b) making your gun barrel heavy. A compensator can be a or b or even both, its used to tame the recoil & muzzel climb. Thats all I know, lets wait for the experts to explain it in more technical way.

AK47
19-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Without "googling", ditto with Den! :)

Problem is just, where to get them from, second I believe a "threaded" barrel is a must. :)

KageFox
19-05-2010, 01:03 AM
Mr Denovo is quite right...

Often found on match guns, a compensator reduces muzzle-lift by channeling the gases through a different pathway.

Some guns have a screw-on or detachable compensator, while for some, the feature is part of the barrel system.

A commonly seen example might be the compensator on the 5-inch version of the Walther P22.

Muzzle Brake on Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muzzle_brake

Dr Hanif Malik
19-05-2010, 06:39 AM
i read some day ago about bullet drop compensator,,,is that other thing???????

Moeen
19-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Salam All,
@Denovo bhai - +1.

Here is another picuture of a LWD Compensator on my Glock 34.

http://s4.postimage.org/5E_sA.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV5E_sA)

@KageFox - Sir, the compensator on the Walther P22 is more show and dead weight only, it releases no gases. I have had this unit for my walther for quite a while.

Sparticas
19-05-2010, 10:44 AM
NO, brother its not anything PB, you can have it on the NPB firearms.... to my knowlege (without googling or wikipeding) compensators are (a) to let the gases out of the barrel before projectile leaves out (b) making your gun barrel heavy. A compensator can be a or b or even both, its used to tame the recoil & muzzel climb. Thats all I know, lets wait for the experts to explain it in more technical way.

VERY well defined, exactly the same thing but it is mostly used with the Competitive guns ...

KageFox
19-05-2010, 11:42 AM
@KageFox - Sir, the compensator on the Walther P22 is more show and dead weight only, it releases no gases. I have had this unit for my walther for quite a while.

I had my doubts on this one. Thank you for the clarification.

bazkhan35
19-05-2010, 11:56 AM

Thanks denovo brother

Moeen bhai,kagfox,ak47 thanks

Any idea about above posted pictures compensator, is it available in pakistan and how much.

Its looks good :) it is on pt 99

Denovo87
19-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Bazkhan bro, yes you can have it form Pakistan ( not very easily though, you will have to massage Moeen for that) but to use this you will have to buy a compatible barrel aswell again by massaging Moeen bro, as it doesnot fit on most of the stock barrels.

Salahuddin Ayubi
19-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Bazkhan bro, yes you can have it form Pakistan ( not very easily though, you will have to massage Moeen for that) but to use this you will have to buy a compatible barrel aswell again by massaging Moeen bro, as it doesnot fit on most of the stock barrels.

With all due respect to Moeen Sb........ :lol: LMAO :lol:

12GAUGE
19-05-2010, 02:11 PM
not very easily though, you will have to massage Moeen for that).

hmm....I've heard of a getting a compensation inexchange for a massage but a compensator :o

I guess with Moeen Bhai anything is possible. hahahahahaah :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

by the way, how did you come to know that massaging leads to a compensator? ;) and are you sure its a compensator? hahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: cause every "end-attachment" is not a compensator (atleast anatomically speaking)

Regards.

p.s. and yes, massaging moeen bhai would definitely pose some problems. hahahahah, bro, you crack me up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

a quick question: if one massages hard (or as per moeen bhai's liking) enough, will moeen bhai through in a gun (correction! a firearm) with that compensator?

Denovo87
19-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Its not only Maeen Bhai but everyone likes to be massaged but just to clarify what I used this word for, quote from an online dictionary,

1. the act or art of treating the body by rubbing, kneading, patting, or the like, to stimulate circulation, increase suppleness, relieve tension, etc.

2. Slang. attentive or indulgent treatment; pampering: ego massage.

take it as slang yaar not in the sense of rubbing, kneading, patting, stimulating, what am I writing; Lahol willa quwat.

Sensei
19-05-2010, 02:58 PM
http://s2.postimage.org/Inu0S.gif (http://www.postimage.org/)

Salahuddin Ayubi
19-05-2010, 02:58 PM
a quick question: if one massages hard (or as per moeen bhai's liking) enough, will moeen bhai through in a gun (correction! a firearm) with that compensator?

:o :lol:

Ufff! Too much PB. Control guyz.

Let's see what Moeen bhai has to say :)

bazkhan35
19-05-2010, 03:30 PM
:lol: :lol:

AK47
19-05-2010, 03:35 PM

@Den!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bro's no wonder at all, it's just a demonstration of pre-June LOC heat!

And then I'm due too soon over there! :lol:

Den, take a close look at all the pills you brought back from ISB recently, bro, if there's anything "blue" and "oval" in shape, QUIT IT, may be a "mis-prescription"! :lol: :lol:

Boys, PKC's boiling over! :lol:

Salahuddin Ayubi
19-05-2010, 03:44 PM

Den, take a close look at all the pills you brought back from ISB recently, bro, if there's anything "blue" and "oval" in shape, QUIT IT, may be be a "mis-prescription"! :lol: :lol:

:lol: Bro, do update me immediately after your visit. I'm due there a little after you.

Wait till Moeen joins in.

bazkhan35
19-05-2010, 03:50 PM

@Den!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bro's no wonder at all, it's just a demonstration of pre-June LOC heat!

Den, take a close look at all the pills you brought back from ISB recently, bro, if there's anything "blue" and "oval" in shape, QUIT IT, may be be a "mis-prescription"! :lol: :lol:

from compensator to pill whats next guys :lol: :lol: :lol: but i dont mind carry on carry on

Denovo87
19-05-2010, 04:03 PM
I can swear by anything, I didnot start it this time :lol: :lol: :lol:

Salahuddin Ayubi
19-05-2010, 04:29 PM
I can swear by anything, I didnot start it this time :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ofcourse ofcourse. It was 12 Gauge who suggested the massage in the first place. I feel some 'finger twisting' going on here Danny.

Btw, do those pills have VGR100 written on them?

Denovo87
19-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Btw, do those pills have VGR100 written on them?

Not exactly, I am afraid these are clones ;) or I myself need a de-compensator :lol: :lol:

Salahuddin Ayubi
19-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Oay hoay, phir to yeah +P+ pills honge. You need Dr. Zakir urgento and in the meantime, "try" offloading a few clips. Avoid aerial shooting though. Quite hazardous you know for bystanders.

Txshooter
19-05-2010, 05:23 PM
:lol: amazing sense of humor guys!

12GAUGE
19-05-2010, 06:53 PM

+1 Sir, come to think of it, its not denovo bhai, its the pills talking here. hahahahhahaha

Regards.

12GAUGE
19-05-2010, 06:55 PM
"try" offloading a few clips. Avoid aerial shooting though. Quite hazardous you know for bystanders.

SA bhai awesome, I just fell of my office chair while laughing my head off. hahahahahaahah

Regards.

Moeen
19-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Salam All,
I would like to say LOLs but would rather.... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha and on and on....

As for the reply, I just reached home, the A/C is turned on ;), and I am ALL lubed up!!!

12GAUGE
19-05-2010, 07:14 PM
I just reached home, the A/C is turned on ;), and I am ALL lubed up!!!

So.... who wants a compensator? daddys in a mood tonight. hahahahahahahahah :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards.

Moeen
19-05-2010, 07:22 PM
BIG TIME... I believe Denovo bhai should get the first compensator as he seems to have touched on the matter.

Denovo87
19-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Lo jee karlo gal, tried my best to clear my position & avoid compensator, even quoted the dictionary but allas :( compensated at the end of the day ;) OK since its inevitable so have no other option left than lay down & enjoy :lol:

Moeen bhai, how would you like it with? SARSSOON KA TAIL, baby oil or Ed's Red :lol: :lol: :lol:

Moeen
19-05-2010, 08:02 PM
@Denovo bhai - Ed's Red?? Ed's Dead!!! LOL.

bazkhan35
19-05-2010, 08:30 PM
BIG TIME... I believe Denovo bhai should get the first compensator as he seems to have touched on the matter.

I dont want to have a compensator any more :(

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sohail
19-05-2010, 09:17 PM

hahahahah :D cool.

Moeen
19-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Salam All,
@Bazkhan35 - lol sorry bro, its just humor amongst brothers, I do hope you didn't mind.
Yes you can have compensators, you need threaded barrel, KKM Precision and LWD make all kinds for Glocks and they are expensive as barrels are prohibited from export from US. The KKM barrels work fine but need to be run-in as they are tighter tolerance barrels and the LWD are just drop-in. The compensators - well there are a variety of them. I tried the KKM and it didn't work with the pof wah loads, I have had very good luck with LWD compensators, though Glockcohlic has been very disappointed. I have another set of another company compensators coming in and will post them on the site when they arrive.

Skeeter60
19-05-2010, 09:29 PM
A compensator is also known as a muzzle break,
The recoils is caused by the mass and velocity of the Ejecta which means the bullet weight and the weight of the propellant. Most recoil is caused due to escaping gasses which once the bullet leaves the muzzle escape at an ultra high velocity causing an increase in recoil.
The Muzzle Breaks or compensators cause the gases to escape side ways upwards and angled slightly backwards. If of efficient design these negate a large part of the recoil caused by the bullet. The 50 BMG Mcmillan sniper rifle kicks hardly like a 300 weatherby magnum with its muzzle break similarly a 300 win mag with a break /compensator recoils like a 243

Abu Hafs
19-05-2010, 09:47 PM
I have read that ported barrreled revolvers can be dangerous in confined spaces due to extremely hot gases escaping to the sides or above the barrel.Would the same concerns relate to semi autos that have compensators attached?

bazkhan35
19-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Moeen
@Bazkhan35 - lol sorry bro, its just humor amongst brothers, I do hope you didn't mind.

Minding your,SA,12GAUGE,AK47,DENOVO humorus talk (meri aysi majaal kahan :) )

Thanks Moeen bhai, Sir skeeter very well explained.

Denovo87
19-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Abu Hafs bro, Confined place or open you have to keep distance from the portings as gases & flash form these portings is quite capable of burning the skin or damaging the eye, in magnum revolvers flash from portings (& muzzle) is so intense that it can blind the firer for a minute or so if fired in confined and dark place, the shorter the barrel higher the intensity of flash.
And yes semi autos and revolvers have same concern.

Abu Hafs
19-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Abu Hafs bro, Confined place or open you have to keep distance from the portings as gases & flash form these portings is quite capable of burning the skin or damaging the eye, in magnum revolvers flash from portings (& muzzle) is so intense that it can blind the firer for a minute or so if fired in confined and dark place, the shorter the barrel higher the intensity of flash.
And yes semi autos and revolvers have same concern.

Thanks for the clarification brother Denovo.

One would need to take these points into careful consideration when using such a pistol for S/D

Moeen
20-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Salam All,
Sir, day, night, open space, closed space, bearing in mind that you are pointing with the intention to shoot even from the hip, the chances of the vented gases getting you in the face is next to zero unless you are firing in such a manner that your body part is on top of and facing the ports. In glocks the vents are angled, as are in the compensators. And when you fire one at night it beautiful as one can see the vented burning gases escape.

Abu Al Hawl
20-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Moeen bro, + a million

Abu Hafs
20-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Salam All,
Sir, day, night, open space, closed space, bearing in mind that you are pointing with the intention to shoot even from the hip, the chances of the vented gases getting you in the face is next to zero unless you are firing in such a manner that your body part is on top of and facing the ports. In glocks the vents are angled, as are in the compensators. And when you fire one at night it beautiful as one can see the vented burning gases escape.

I was thinking more along the lines of innocent bystanders unintentionally getting hurt and not the actual person firing the ported/compensated weapon.

Here is the article I read in which this concern was raised

http://www.shootersolutions.com/portedbarrels.html

Abu Al Hawl
20-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Abu bro, buring gasses escaping/departing from the comensator or from the muzzle are no danger to any thing after 5 inches, so i dont think so some one intend to fire a weapon having some one so close like while firing you are already hugging some one.

Vik
18-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Dear Bro Safeer Shah
Hope your question regarding compensators is answered now.