PDA

View Full Version : Need advice regarding .22 rifle

fahd.mehmood
07-05-2010, 12:54 PM
i am thinking about getting a .22 rifle. can the experts please guide me as to what all can i hunt with it. i dont want it for simple target practice and would luv to hunt with it aswell

regards
fahd

Sparticas
07-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Fahd. bhai there are alot info on this in the forum, u jus av to search the threads :)

Salahuddin Ayubi
07-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Please tell us your range (Rs.) / Budget for this .22 multi-purpose rifle.

For detailed information, go through our shotguns and rifles section as we have already discussed several .22 rifles in several threads. Going through them would help you gain important knowledge and info regarding what you should be looking for.

fahd.mehmood
07-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Please tell us your range (Rs.) / Budget for this .22 multi-purpose rifle.

For detailed information, go through our shotguns and rifles section as we have already discussed several .22 rifles in several threads. Going through them would help you gain important knowledge and info regarding what you should be looking for.

will do sire

ARlover
07-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Fahd go for .22 lr brono

Basharat
07-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Sir,

150k for G22 is criminal! even with laser and scope the price in Karachi is 100k without these accessories it is around 70k. Another good option if you want a semi auto is the Baikal. Brno you can not go wrong with.

As far as hunting goes .22 can be used for Rabbit and Jackal, I've seen it used on larger animals such as Boar and Wildcat, but only by very skilled hunters.

fahd.mehmood
07-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Sir,

150k for G22 is criminal! even with laser and scope the price in Karachi is 100k without these accessories it is around 70k. Another good option if you want a semi auto is the Baikal. Brno you can not go wrong with.

As far as hunting goes .22 can be used for Rabbit and Jackal, I've seen it used on larger animals such as Boar and Wildcat, but only by very skilled hunters.

thank you. exactly the kind of advice & info i was looking for. much obliged sir

Kamranwali
07-05-2010, 04:55 PM
@Basharat Bhai. Sir are you sure, .22 on BOAR ?

Did the user shoot the boar on some very specific point??

Kindly give details.

Basharat
07-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Yes sir i would not have believed it if i had not seen it with my own eyes. It was an extremely well placed shot. behind the ear. its a mix of excellent shooting and alot of luck

Sohail
07-05-2010, 05:00 PM
better go for bolt action thus you will feel the real flavor, there number of brands available in the market, even you can find some good used brand as well, it all depends. BRNO must be around 35K, i had mine walther (used) for 25K.

beside target practicing you can hunt any large volume of object such as sitting bird, rabitt etc.

regards

Kamranwali
07-05-2010, 05:02 PM
@Basharat Bhai. If you say so sir.

Basharat
07-05-2010, 06:03 PM
@Basharat Bhai. If you say so sir.

seeing is believing sir but i don't recommend that anyone should try

guns for me
07-05-2010, 06:15 PM
bro i think that .22 bore is only for target practice . other ways this is ........................................... trash, most of members will not think same , but i think there is no other use of the .22 bore, its boooring, yar , most off us like big blast. boooooom big bore.,, not pich pich. like water gun...... :D also .22 is not also better for big hunt. u can hunt only rabit ............... and other small stuff........... ballon... :D

Faisal Aziz
07-05-2010, 06:32 PM
dear rookie, i m not agree with u i have perchased a .22lr remington semi auto and enjoing alot. i have also killed 2 big size boars by using fedral hollow point bullets and it waz amazing for me also. any way every one has its own experience but i fell good to use it on rabbits, jackals n wild boars. u can c the pics of that gun at (shotguns&rifles).

guns for me
07-05-2010, 06:39 PM
you r right faisal, every one has its own experience but bro go for best dont stand at good. so the best is bolt action big bore rifles. :)

Kamranwali
07-05-2010, 06:57 PM
@guns for me. The .22 is a round that serves most purposes that enthusiasts want in a more managable way, like ammo price for instance. It also is good for beginners as it is easy to handle(no big booms, hence less recoil). Its a good way to improve your target before moving on to the BIGGER BOOM rifles(as you would have put it). All in all, i think its a must have for any gun enthusiast.

@Basharat and Faisal. Brothers, please..... you MIGHT be able to hurt a boar with a .22, maybe kill it too if you shoot it a hundred times.... but a .22 IS NOT MEANT TO HUNT BOAR. Do you know why? beacuase the actual projectile does not have enough energy to bring down bigger animals..... i might add here that boars are pretty tough animals. It takes a lot to penetrate the skin a boar, let alone deliver enough damage to bring it down. Please do not be in false notion that a .22 will bring a boar down. DO NOT TRY TO SHOOT A BOAR WITH A .22, it might get you in a very bad situation.

guns for me
07-05-2010, 07:13 PM
khan sahab nice answer , app to le gayee :) . yes the ammo is cheaper then other , but the fahd.mehmood, asking...>i dont want it for simple target practice and would luv to hunt with it aswell
and u r saying same think ....that he dont want,,,,, It also is good for beginners as it is easy to handle(no big booms, hence less recoil). Its a good way to improve your target
bro here i m with u , giving a good suggestion It also is good for beginners as it is easy to handle

Engineeer
07-05-2010, 08:07 PM
well well .22 is most leathel gun ever produced i am using it since over 30 years. b4 dat ma dad used it. no hunting trip is complete with out .22. i had a chance to hunt geese long distance, partridges, falcon. deer chinkara at bhawalpur, urial at tilla ranges, i bex at gilgit, boar at pindi area by the way see this vedio with .22 air gun boar is down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXY0KcHnOd0&feature=related,
i am now again looking for a .22 rifle. plz i know every one has its own openion depending upon chance he got to shoot wd.22 and experience. but .22 is .22 every one must buy shoot boar 2'' below ear sure it will b down.
i have .22, .243, 30-06, 8mm, 7mm, 7.62mm and 6mm.

Salahuddin Ayubi
08-05-2010, 09:34 AM
.22lr, unfortunately, remains a very under rated caliber and most of us are still unaware of its lethality.

My personal view is that this caliber (in rifle) is a 'must have' in every gun enthusiasts' inventory.

Extremely suitable for:

- Learning basics;

- Teaching your children;

- Hunting small game;

- Plinking and fun;

..... all this at a very economical ammo cost.

fahd.mehmood
08-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Not to mention its the only rifle we can get a license for (or am i wrong)

Basharat
08-05-2010, 11:45 AM
@kamran

Sir,
I agree with you 100% if you will read what i wrote i said it is possible but you should not be tried.

@guns for me

Sir,
I would like to share with you two old sayings that my elders and mentors imparted on me.
1. (with regards to .22 being a useless caliber) "It's not the gun, but the man behind the gun"
2. (with regards to big booms) "The empty Barrel rattles loudest"

fahd.mehmood
11-05-2010, 08:54 AM
I am so confused. was at the dealers yesterday and found out .22 comes in 2 different sized bullets and we have to choose a rifle that would fire either one of the sizes. now i am stuck. i want a rifle that would shoot the long bullet and not the shorter one. am i being too much of a dunce...please help

Basharat
11-05-2010, 11:01 AM
@Fahd

Sir,
Actually there are many types of .22 there is .22 Short; .22; .22 Long Rifle; .22 magnum and .22 Hornet. The most common out of these is .22 Long Rifle this is normally what people are referring to when they say .22. most .22 rifles like the ones recommended to you are for .22 Long Rifle. So yes go for BRNO .22L.R. If you want something that can fire most of the rounds you can look for a Winchester 190 which is a tube fed semi auto that can use all .22 rounds except magnum and hornet

GatlinGun
11-05-2010, 11:04 AM

Kindly give details.

A .22 Super HP DU tipped bullet with rocket motor proximity fuse; and right through the eye...

fahd.mehmood
11-05-2010, 11:12 AM
@Fahd

Sir,
Actually there are many types of .22 there is .22 Short; .22; .22 Long Rifle; .22 magnum and .22 Hornet. The most common out of these is .22 Long Rifle this is normally what people are referring to when they say .22. most .22 rifles like the ones recommended to you are for .22 Long Rifle. So yes go for BRNO .22L.R. If you want something that can fire most of the rounds you can look for a Winchester 190 which is a tube fed semi auto that can use all .22 rounds except magnum and hornet

thank you

Kamranwali
11-05-2010, 11:25 AM

Kindly give details.

A .22 Super HP DU tipped bullet with rocket motor proximity fuse; and right through the eye...

:D...... I bet....... hehehe

Dr Hanif Malik
12-05-2010, 08:10 AM
AOA, with out this rifle no taste,got only .22lr:)

GatlinGun
14-05-2010, 02:17 AM
Not to mention its the only rifle we can get a license for (or am i wrong)

Speak for your self. We can get cannons here in Karachi ;)

XCaliber
24-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Used Winchester Model 190, available at Buksh Elahee Lahore. Asking price 50k!!!

Ahmad
24-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Used Winchester Model 190, available at Buksh Elahee Lahore. Asking price 50k!!!
I bought Winchester model 190 on friday for 35K from Multan. actually fell in love with that dandy little rifle at first sight & when me, Tareen & Mustainer LALA passed it after test shooting, immediately bought it.

fahadkhalid
24-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Sir,

Basharat Sb one little correction if i may, the bullpup g22 with accessories will not cost more than 80k in karachi. the one i got was for 78k around 3 months back, with the laser. minus scope.

MianTaimur
05-06-2010, 02:25 AM
You people forgot to add the GSG or Adler ! both of them are good weapons, not for hunting though.......As far as the calibre 0.22 is concerned , I think it is the most underated weapon in Pakistan. I belive the 0.22 bullet travels the most as compared to other heavier bore and if hollow points are used, they truly make the diffrence.
However like guns for me, mentioned earlier ........I also prefer heavier bores and the big boom bang ! :P

Salahuddin Ayubi
05-06-2010, 07:58 AM
+1 MianTaimur,

Check out this thread http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2126

MianTaimur
05-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Woaaaaa.....thanks for the link SA bhai !
very informative
I think , we at Pakguns , should also try it.
I would suggest, we should form a committe and call it "Mythbuster Squad" :lol:

ammd
08-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Mara payaray bahio kay ap main say koi ya bata sakta
ha.Kay sniper ka kya caliber ha.or jab licence banwana
ho to [CALIBER] wali place pr kaya likhna ha.or 44Bore rifle
ka licence sacan karwa kay mugay dikha dayan.
PLEASE

Denovo87
09-06-2010, 12:09 AM
Marray pyaray bhai ammd, umaid hay aap khariat say hon gay. jahan tak aap kay swallat ka talaq hay jawabat hazir hain, sniper kay kafee saray caliber hatay hain .223 say lay kar .70 tak. doosra swal tha kay license par cliber walee jagha kiya likhna hay, janab braey ihtiat udhar sirf NPB likh dain iss say aap kaafi masail say bach jaeen gay. teesra swal 44bore kay license ka sacan, janab e aali yeh bore kuch PB PB hay so is muamlay main aap humain muaf hee rakhai.
Umeed hay aap ko jawabat pasand aye hoon gay, mazeed kuch maloomat chahen to hum sub app kee khidmat kay liyee hazir hain...

Salahuddin Ayubi
09-06-2010, 10:50 AM
LMAO!

Dr Hanif Malik
09-06-2010, 04:51 PM
@denovo,sir what a detail post in urdu:)

Skeeter60
10-06-2010, 11:39 AM
The air rifle used to kill the boar was .475 which means it was delivering nearly as much power as a .38 special so please do not think an air gun or a .22 LR can be used to hunt boars. We have discussed it earlier so I will not go further.
The G22 with Laser and Infra Red and wire guidance are all BELLS and WHISTLES
Please go with a real .22 like the Brno or Ruger,or Kimber or H&K and you will enjoy it for years and it will be accurate and reliable, with a reasonable scope or iron sights.
The laser is Topi Drama just forget it.
The G22 has problems of feeding and and half the time you will be running around to the armourer to get it fixed. It only likes some types of ammo; when it is in a mood to work. It has a lot of plastic parts inside and breakages are common.
I am at a loss to understand how a Manufacturer like Walther come out with a lemon like this.
I am sorry if I have called a spade as a damn Shovel.
If there are strong dis agreements please visit armourer Akram at Baksh Illahi Lahore and you will see the G22s undertreatment

farishtay
10-06-2010, 05:06 PM
very nice denovo brother