PDA

View Full Version : Side by Side Shotgun Help /Guidance Needed

GatlinGun
10-04-2010, 03:36 AM
I need help from Shot Gun experts, please:

I am looking for side by side guns, saw these two at TayabAlly:

BRNO CZ : 80,000
Winamax Spain: 100,000

How are these two weapons, and how is the price?

Our expert panel, please respond. Also posting in general club house for better visibility.

Best wishes,

GG

12GAUGE
10-04-2010, 10:42 AM
cant say anything regarding the Winamax however will say this, BRNO is a good shotgun no doubt about that. a bit on the heavier side but they command a reputation of longevity and good patterns.

if you are into side by sides and if BRNO is on your consideration list then I would suggest go for it by all means.

Regards.

GatlinGun
10-04-2010, 12:16 PM
cant say anything regarding the Winamax however will say this, BRNO is a good shotgun no doubt about that. a bit on the heavier side but they command a reputation of longevity and good patterns.

if you are into side by sides and if BRNO is on your consideration list then I would suggest go for it by all means.

Regards.
But but but.....

The stock on the Winamax is so nice looking? I know, this is so non objective, but, you know it is a matter of heart (loosely translated, yeh to dil kaa maamlaa hay).

How do think these prices are?

Jillanik
10-04-2010, 01:18 PM
I will vote for BRNO CZ due to its balanced weight.

GatlinGun
10-04-2010, 02:23 PM
How about these prices?

12GAUGE
10-04-2010, 08:32 PM
The stock on the Winamax is so nice looking? I know, this is so non objective, but, you know it is a matter of heart (loosely translated, yeh to dil kaa maamlaa hay).

if you fancy good looking stocks then you should get a turkish shotgun. way better lookin' turkish walnet stocks are on some of the cheap a$$ shotguns.

Regards.

GatlinGun
11-04-2010, 01:19 AM

if you fancy good looking stocks then you should get a turkish shotgun. way better lookin' turkish walnet stocks are on some of the cheap a$$ shotguns.

Regards.

Well, I like the stock but then I have an ugly Baikal fiber stock as well, you can imagine, I am interested in the gun too.

HasanJamshad
11-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Brother GG beauty is a major factor at least for me when i decide to buy a gun, but it certainly is not something that could substitute reliability and the durability. Beautiful wood adds a character to the classic doubles and the bolt actions.
Comming to the question at hand: BRNO is a more familiar name and is known for good quality in afordable price. None of the BRNO guns(at least that i have seen) come with beauty as a major factor, unless one could see beauty in good performance. I would suggest to buy the BRNO and you can easily get a beutiful custom stock made for it in 20K.

PrivateEye
12-04-2010, 01:28 AM
@HJ
Sir, about this custom stock, can we get some more details? I mean place to get it made and quality etc.

PS. GG, sorry for asking question here, i was thinking of getting a custom wood work for my izh-27 for quite some time. I know you are bit authoritarian about your threads getting of topic.

GatlinGun
12-04-2010, 04:18 AM
@HJ
Sir, about this custom stock, can we get some more details? I mean place to get it made and quality etc.

PS. GG, sorry for asking question here, i was thinking of getting a custom wood work for my izh-27 for quite some time. I know you are bit authoritarian about your threads getting of topic.

LOL, I am curious too about your question, and HJ's 20K deal. I am not a bit authoritarian, only anal retentive, ;)

Dr Hanif Malik
12-04-2010, 08:03 AM
@gg sahib these stocks which hassan said here sargodha mr iqbal can make as per your desires and price not know but will be lower then 20k:)

12GAUGE
12-04-2010, 11:09 AM
i'm sorry for interrupting but custom wood work in Sargodha will cost somewhere around 5-6K under normal conditions. however if you really want a high end walnut work (normally seen on H&H or purdeys and similarly priced shotguns) then you'll have to buy the wood yourself from Sawat at prices ranging from 10K to 30K for raw blanks only. the grains on some of those blanks is simply mind blowing. such a furniture (stock + forend) with hand rubbed oil finish instead of cheap lacquer will cost around 20K minimum.

Regards.

HasanJamshad
12-04-2010, 11:28 AM
@12Gauge thank you for the update. A friend of mine has purchased a blank for 25K and is now with Akram for the job. You rightly said 20K is the minimum for an excellent stock(furniture).

PrivateEye
12-04-2010, 01:24 PM
hmm.. this means i would have to travel a long way from khi to get this kind of quality work done :|
Thank you GG, Dr.Hanif, 12gauge and HJ

GhulamMurtaza
19-04-2010, 03:14 AM
GG bro i will definetly pirfer CZ BRNO its a very nice gun in all terms but the price you are telling is a little bit high, according to my market knowledge price would be inbetween 50 to 60 K not even a single pani more then this, and i have never herd abt Winamax Spain dont go for it, may be it could be a pak made bcz i have seen such matters like a dealer was selling a Chirchill side by side fwe years ago in 250k then we realize that it was Pak made but craftsman made it very beautifully. according to my knowledge Winamax is company of china which makes TT pistols and there are TT pistols available in market called Winamax lahore copy of china.
Regards.

Moin
19-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Try badar arms he was selling brno around 55 last time i asked

Dr Hanif Malik
25-04-2010, 01:53 PM
OOR SUNAWO,VIRK CHAH GIA?????????
@karachi mods now your turn to understand him thanks:)