PDA

View Full Version : Elephant Gun/ .700 Nitro Express

SalmanHusain
09-04-2010, 03:58 PM
well since the age of 3 i used to love double-barrels 12bore with tick brass bulets. recently found its name nito express
I want to inquire everything abut them from price to availbility to legality, Plz help me out

PsiFactor
16-05-2010, 01:03 PM
well since the age of 3 i used to love double-barrels 12bore with tick brass bulets. recently found its name nito express
I want to inquire everything abut them from price to availbility to legality, Plz help me out
.700 nitro is crazy powerful it will break your wrist if your not careful.1000gr bullet is too much for big game hunting.I have not seen any of these bullets in Pakistan because of their zero demand. If you really like big bores buy shotgun slugs it has one ounce(437.5 grains) bullet.700 Nitro Express is no longer in production.

KageFox
16-05-2010, 01:26 PM
A big game double-rifle cartridge, a .700 Nitro Express gun is a custom piece, with no regular production lines. Apart from having collector value, it has little purpose.

Best to seek out quality SxS shotguns if you are fan of double-guns...

Mig
17-05-2010, 09:30 PM
one Another Thing.

Its PB if in some way you get it!

MHMalik
17-05-2010, 09:38 PM

double barrels 12 bore nitro express?

can anybody show me a pic of this think please?

MIdreesTaj
17-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Even a .460 Weatherby Magnum is an over kill for most of big game on earth.
These are called safari rounds and there are many wildcat cartridge designs in safari rounds and they have no limit.
Btw how about similar big game take down done with a .50BMG or a .338 Lapua Mag?

Mig
18-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Aint we moving towards PBs ?

SalmanHusain
13-06-2010, 02:57 AM
sorry didn't knew .700 nitro express was a PB.

SalmanHusain
13-06-2010, 03:00 AM

double barrels 12 bore nitro express?

can anybody show me a pic of this think please?
heres a pic

http://s1.postimage.org/gdo0r.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxgdo0r)

Ahmed Sultan
13-06-2010, 12:13 PM
.700 Nitro Express is a very recently developed cartridge. It was developed by Jim Bell in 1988 and produced by H&H.

It lost its credibility when the first Elephant hunters using it reported that it was mostly ineffective on elephant due to lack of penetration. However, the caliber was shown used in Hollywood action movie Jurassic Park to shoot a Dinosaur. It is a collectors item which has no practical use but still being produced on order by H&H, Sercy and a few others.

SalmanHusain
13-06-2010, 06:51 PM
@ ahmed sultan
thanks for info!!!! i saw it in tremors the movie

mhrehman
16-06-2010, 06:13 PM
If you want a high powered rifle, try the 7mm, maybe 8mm, .308 or .338 lupa. nitro is I guess more of a specialty weapon, definitely a prohibited bore, and maybe next to impossible to get a license. and then you'll have problem with finding ammo. I have seen some very nice rifles, even double barrel, chambered in the above mentioned calibers. I personally have'nt seen a nitro, but I have used the .50bmg. but I am telling you this for informative purposes. because most of these calibers fall into PB, and discussion on it is not allowed. your location does'nt show up in info pane, or else I would have suggested some gun stores from where you can find more info on what you are looking for.

Ahmed Sultan
16-06-2010, 09:44 PM
If you want a high powered rifle, try the 7mm, maybe 8mm, .308 or .338 lupa. nitro is I guess more of a specialty weapon, definitely a prohibited bore

I assume that you meant .338 Lapua. :)

Secondly the info you provide is not accurate, a bolt action rifle in any of these caliber and in nitro express is not a PB and License can be obtained.

Enigmatic Desires
21-06-2010, 11:26 PM
As some1 said... It was used to kill a dino .. I dunno if there are any of those around these days??

SalmanHusain
24-06-2010, 05:19 PM
If you want a high powered rifle, try the 7mm, maybe 8mm, .308 or .338 lupa. nitro is I guess more of a specialty weapon, definitely a prohibited bore

I assume that you meant .338 Lapua. :)

Secondly the info you provide is not accurate, a bolt action rifle in any of these caliber and in nitro express is not a PB and License can be obtained.
even a .700

SalmanHusain
24-06-2010, 05:21 PM
ppl i want this gun just to fill my desire not for any hunting purposes and if might a wild boar dats it. i just like the looks and i saw .500EN at daad he told its a PB