PDA

View Full Version : M & P 9mm Pistol

Dr. S. Qabool Muhammad IV
20-03-2010, 07:14 PM
I have almostly used all brands and still have a great variety. I was oberving Smith & Wesson's New M & P 9mm since a long time and tell u the truth I personally dont like all pistols of this brand excepting revolvers. But oneday, on insistence of friend I fired M & P 9mm on Range for many time and checked it from all angels as professional gunner and instructor. Do u know what! after a week I bought one and kept all other stuff in a side. Very accurate, reliable, user's most friendly and very well handed gun and I predict it may replace many high Ranking brands from the market as well from law enforcement community. Dr. Faruqi

Abu Hafs
20-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Thanx for this DR Sahb

I just checked out some reviews of the M&P9 and they are very favourable, a lot of people comparing it to glocks and Sigs etc.

Here's one video review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mdnOQH2rrA&feature=fvw

Any idea of the price and availability in Pakistan?

MIdreesTaj
20-03-2010, 09:19 PM
@Dr. S. Qabool Muhammad IV
We like to know more about this fabulous pistol. Please write a review on it and share with us.
We know S&W was to nominate it for the military trials for the new sidearm replacement for M9 which never took place. There surely is a lot of greatness attached to this pistol.

Dr Zakir
20-03-2010, 10:13 PM
It is as good as glock or may be slightly better . If mp and glock 17 are lying side by side I will choose it in terms of grip and accuracy while I will choose glock if accessories are concerned

Dr. S. Qabool Muhammad IV
21-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Thanks brothers, short but comprehenssive review, I think, it is already there. I have a number of Gks which I have been using since long time it started. Even after M & P, I purchased an other Nitro Proof Version and one Green Mud Camo, both GK17, still with me. But I as a personal handgun I carry m & p. To my knowledge prices emerges from 1,70000 to 2,20000. I bought it in 2,20000. I also purched three extra mags other than the original price, extra mags are essential. There are official import and unofficial as well. I strongly recommend u to chech prices from all lawful corners before buying and only buy the official import.

HammadArshad
21-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Thanks Dr. S. Qabool Muhammad IV for some very comprehensive and great review, and as per @Midreestaj brother said, if you can review its some aspects in more details then we would be very great-full.

khurramdool
21-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Thanks Dr. Sahib sharing good experience but can u please attach few pictures of any parallal gun like Glock, Sig etc. for more cons and pros.

Aquarius
22-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Well Yes.... its a good alternative to Glock.......

Vik
28-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Brother, can you please elaborate.

Dr Zakir
28-03-2010, 04:43 PM
vik , taking mp in hand is very similar in feel to glock so is its shooting.

Vik
28-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Shukria, Dr Zakir Saheb.

Aquarius
29-03-2010, 01:34 AM

Why..? are you planning to buy it instead of the Bretta92fs, which you rejected......... :)

Vik
29-03-2010, 04:07 AM

Why..? are you planning to buy it instead of the Bretta92fs, which you rejected......... :)
Yes. I didn't rejected. But I think It was not the same gun booked for me earlier. Infact, it's on my lic.
Yes, I might get hold of M&P9.I have checked It on saturday. It's legal import. Bilkul new brand. Price
quoted to me is 210k. But i have a feeling Its even less than 200k.
On Wednesday, i will also see Ruger(don't know which series),StyerM9A1 and glock19. But dealer is
asking too much money for Styer(380k).And for Glock19(300k).
Regarding M&P9, I find its disassembly a bit confusing.

Aquarius
29-03-2010, 09:57 AM
@vik:Oh dear disassembly of S&W M&P is very easy...piece of cake.... And Styer are also good guns, but if you are paying 380k for Styer then why dont you consider H&K, USP in 380 +/- 10K range. Its also one of the greatest handguns............. :)

Vik
29-03-2010, 10:55 AM
@vik:Oh dear disassembly of S&W M&P is very easy...piece of cake.... And Styer are also good guns, but if you are paying 380k for Styer then why dont you consider H&K, USP in 380 +/- 10K range. Its also one of the greatest handguns............. :)

Bhi Bhi nahee, mushkil he. Some sort of screw is required to field strip the MnP9.
USP,USP,sigh. USP45 or USP9mm. Bro, which one is on your mind. Can you give me
some link to pics plus specs.
And how would you compare Pt1911 to USP45.

Aquarius
29-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Bhi Bhi nahee, mushkil he. Some sort of screw is required to field strip the MnP9.

Nahi mere bhai its very easy to strip the M&P.. the screw you mentioned is a frame tool which, is situated at the lower end of the frame behind the magazine well...this tool is used to lower the deactivation lever down into the magazine well...all is written in the accompanying booklet... read that and I am sure you will find it very easy..... just practice it few times & thats it... I wonder if this feels so difficult to you, then striping of PT1911 will be a hell of difficult task for you, which is on your wishlist... :lol:

And about the H&K USP I mentioned, it is in 9mm/also comes in compact version.... don't know about the availability of .45ACP in the market....

here is a pic.

http://s3.postimage.org/swuqS.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=PqswuqS)

Vik
29-03-2010, 12:43 PM

Nahi mere bhai its very easy to strip the M&P.. the screw you mentioned is a frame tool which, is situated at the lower end of the frame behind the magazine well...this tool is used to lower the deactivation lever down into the magazine well...all is written in the accompanying booklet... read that and I am sure you will find it very easy..... just practice it few times & thats it... I wonder if this feels so difficult to you, then striping of PT1911 will be a hell of difficult task for you, which is on your wishlist... :lol:

And about the H&K USP I mentioned, it is in 9mm/also comes in compact version.... don't know about the availability of .45ACP in the market....

here is a pic.

http://s3.postimage.org/swuqS.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=PqswuqS)

Ok. MnP is striked out. And erased 1911 from the list too. No complications.
You know P99 i can dis and assemble in 1.30 min. Yes. I know today I will post pics.
USP45 ke bare me kuch bataye. B/c mind keh raha he ke cailber different hona chayee.

Aquarius
29-03-2010, 01:09 PM
@vik: bro first find out whether H&K USP.45 is available in the market or not & whats the price, then we will discuss it......... :)

Vik
29-03-2010, 01:57 PM
@vik: bro first find out whether H&K USP.45 is available in the market or not & whats the price, then we will discuss it......... :)
It available in Lhr at 400k as i remember reading on this forum. But I can ask the dealer in Khi to arrange for me.

Aquarius
29-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Think twice or I must say thrice before buying it...keep it cool no hurry... and when you are finally done, then we will discuss...... :)

Dr Zakir
29-03-2010, 11:54 PM
USP has no comparision with other guns it is a class in itself . if i want to buy .45 my no 1 choice would be a 1911 design . as only taurus is available nib so i would recommand go for it. however if you can find a kimber. les baer it would be great. they would cost as much as usp. buy a taurus fire it if u fall in love with .45 which you should you can buy a usp . a used usp compact was available in lahore i dont know if it still is .

Vik
30-03-2010, 06:12 AM
thanks Zakir bhi.

Gunfire
30-03-2010, 02:08 PM

Yes. I didn't rejected. But I think It was not the same gun booked for me earlier. Infact, it's on my lic.
Yes, I might get hold of M&P9.I have checked It on saturday. It's legal import. Bilkul new brand. Price
On Wednesday, i will also see Ruger(don't know which series),StyerM9A1 and glock19. But dealer is
Dear Vik,

Please check out my post if interested in purchasing the S&W M&P 9mm...
http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4136

Vik
30-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Dear Vik,

Please check out my post if interested in purchasing the S&W M&P 9mm...
http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4136

Thanks Gunfire.

BloodBath
31-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Hello All !

In my collection I have a H&K USP compact tactical .45. It beats Glock but does not reach the precision of Sig Sauer P226.
M&P is an under rated pistol it is very accurate and is the best handgun ever produced by S&W. Of all the handguns I own the real class is in HK and Sig pistols. HK is like the mercedes of firearms ..its just a pleasure to carry it on duty.

Regards

BloodBath

Mangloo Ramzani
01-04-2010, 12:40 AM
Hello All !

In my collection I have a H&K USP compact tactical .45. It beats Glock but does not reach the precision of Sig Sauer P226.
M&P is an under rated pistol it is very accurate and is the best handgun ever produced by S&W. Of all the handguns I own the real class is in HK and Sig pistols. HK is like the mercedes of firearms ..its just a pleasure to carry it on duty.

Regards

BloodBath

Brother BloodBath, I loved ur H&K USP, if I remember correctly its the one with polygonal rifling?? No?

Maybe on the comming weekend U'll let me drive the mercedes ;)

Aquarius
01-04-2010, 12:48 AM
@BloodBath:Yes ofcourse bro, H&K and Sig pistols have their own class.. Both great guns ... who says no its not..? :rolleyes: