PDA

View Full Version : Mosin Nagant

Kulachi
26-02-2009, 02:05 PM
I was wondering if anyone used it extensively? I heard that bolt action rifles have recently come under NPB, and so I thought I would buy one for my collection.

Naazer
26-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Are there any available in the market? I used one a few years back when some Finnish Army Officers had one in their collection as part of a UN Observers role in AK. It wasn't the russian made one and think it was either finnish or swede. Good finishing and smooth bolt action. Accurate as well. For collection perspective pretty cool but not for in-field use as a hunting rifle. Don't think the original came with mounts for scopes and for a rifle like that you don't want to change the original frame.

Acciprone
26-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Mosin Nagant <------ what is that .. please pardon my ignorance

Kulachi
26-02-2009, 04:42 PM
It's like a .303 from Russia "with love".

It is a bolt action, 7.62 x 54mm, internal magazine fed rifle from WWI, and WWII (Chinese: Type 53, Finnish: M24). It's the famous rifle from Enemy at the Gates movie. You can find them in Darra. However, the ones from French Manufacture Nationale d'Armes de Chatellerault are the true collectibles. I once came across one, but was too young and naive to let it pass.

Kulachi
26-02-2009, 04:43 PM
I only knew that much, off hand. Here is the proper link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosin_nagant

Firepower!
26-02-2009, 11:50 PM
i think they r about 15K each