PDA

View Full Version : Turkish pistol (KANUNI S)

Handsome_Phantom
24-02-2009, 07:55 AM
Guys i am loooking farward towards the review about this particular pistol. Has anyone kept it before? I have one but want to upgrade it with taurus pt92

Balazona
24-02-2009, 08:25 AM
Upgrade it with some thing better like Stoeger cougar.

Acciprone
24-02-2009, 09:12 AM

I dont know but alot of people dis Taurus.. Abbas and I both use the PT 92/99 not a single jam, fte or any kind of problem. Now a 24/7 is a different issue all together. All the reviews i have read for the PT92-99 are positive...

@Abbas what say you

Handsome_Phantom
24-02-2009, 11:20 AM
anyone who has used kanuni or can a exchange be possible if i let go kanuni and get taurus

Naazer
24-02-2009, 11:30 AM
How long have you had your Kanuni? Have you used it as yet and what has your feel been for it? It is based on these facts that you should decide if you want to change or not. Sometime each piece performs differently. There will always be something out there that is better than what you own and there wll be an urge to upgrade. If budgets are not an issue thats something that you might keep doing. If they ae then get used to your weapon and if if it gives good service then there should be no reason to change.

My bro in law uses a Kanuni S, bought from DAAD in KHI and he has had no perfrmance issues with it. Has fired around 300 rounds in the past 3 mths and no complaints. Has been using Chinese ammo.

Handsome_Phantom
24-02-2009, 11:39 AM
actually i dont keep a firearm for protection.I am a gun enthusiast with limited budget as i am a student and i liked taurus froma very long time.I would have bought it ne but short of funds

Abbas
24-02-2009, 09:27 PM
I like the Stoeger and think it's a great pistol for the money, if the requirement is for a medium frame/conceal carry pistol then it's a good choice. In all other departments and considerations the PT99 wins hands down. It is my favorite pistol specially at the range and I prefer it even over my 19's. A lot of guys were firing many different pistols at the range in Karsaz on Sunday. We had Glock, Stoeger, 24//7 and almost all Chinese variants. I thought the PT99 was the most accurate and the most comfortable to fire. From what I understood most other members thought the same thing.

@Abbas what say you

Handsome_Phantom
24-02-2009, 10:15 PM
I am confused now. My uncle has offered me 30k for my kanuni and i wanted to get pt92 but due being tight on budget i bought Kanuni. i got it for 40k 3 months back and fired almost 100 rounds . after few months if i want to upgrade no one will offer me this much. now i require guidance rather than a review.what shoul i do ?

Acciprone
24-02-2009, 10:21 PM
@handsome_phantom.. see if u sell it now u get 6 mths of purschasing period.. u can save up and buy it. but if u sell it after a few mth not sure how the market will hold.. with rumours of glocks coming in the market at 150K the pricese of other weapons will get affected also . But if the condition is excellent and 100 rds only ur uncle should offer something abt 32-35....

SELLL

Handsome_Phantom
24-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Yes this can be done and trying to get a better deal on kanuni. Since it s my passion my parents do not even give me a penny if i require it for a gun. After long convincing struglling era finally they let me keep one .If i let go kanuni fo 30 and i have cash 12k which means 42k and brand new pt 92 is for 55k it will take me a month approx to get pt 92.if the prices come down which is more or less a gamble as it can either be way around because new lisences can shoot up prices. Kidhar phas gaya yaar!

Balazona
25-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Why dont u keep the Kanuni S pistol.it is a nice looking gun.what is special in Taurus PT-92.it is just a Berreta clone.

Handsome_Phantom
25-02-2009, 09:00 AM
I may sound like child here that is the reason why i want pt 92 as i cannot afford to get a berette. There is no solid reson for me to dispose of kanuni .it is a great pistol as far the performance is concerned.

Abbas
25-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Why dont u keep the Kanuni S pistol.it is a nice looking gun.what is special in Taurus PT-92.it is just a Berreta clone.

Have you used a 99 ?

Balazona
25-02-2009, 01:14 PM
No Sir,i dont have any experience with Taurus at all.but i read many good reviews on TFL about this pistol.and i am not bashing PT-92 here but only trying to convince a guy who is limited on budget and trying to get a Taurus bcoz it looks like Berreta.

Acciprone
25-02-2009, 02:28 PM
No Sir,i dont have any experience with Taurus at all.but i read many good reviews on TFL about this pistol.and i am not bashing PT-92 here but only trying to convince a guy who is limited on budget and trying to get a Taurus bcoz it looks like Berreta.

that is why i got it also and now i am in love with .. simply cause it looked liek a beretta.... dont regret it one bit. I used the pt92 that abbas had at the range and i have used mine.. no fte.ftf i simply really like both of them

Handsome_Phantom
25-02-2009, 03:03 PM
I made my mind and selling it and any good offer above 30 would do for me.I will be putting detailed topic in market place. Come to papa pt 92!;)

Abbas
02-03-2009, 08:13 PM
I bought Phantom's Kanuni S today and would like to say a few words.

"Which IDIOTS are marketing these in Pakistan ?!?" These are fantastic pistols for their price range and miles beyond Norinco offerings. I was expecting a totally different grade of quality, these are proper well made pistols are a treat to hold. The disassembly is the simplest I've encountered and within 15 seconds of holding it for the first time I stripped it. Glocks have easy disassembly as well but it takes a little practice to be able to hold the slide back and push the latches on the sides down at the same time. This is much easier, just like the Beretta 92 only simpler. It weighs 860 g which is about the same as a Glock 17. It comes with two magazines, one of 15 and the other a 20 round extended magazine. The safety also has a firing pin block and decocker.

All in all I'm very impressed, ofcourse only testing at the range will tell how good this pistol really is.

Btw all of those who are looking for a pistol in the 35-40 K range, this is a serious contender and CF-98 feels like a cheap toy compared to this.

Balazona
02-03-2009, 08:19 PM
lol@CF-98.

Abbas
02-03-2009, 08:33 PM
I forgot to add that min barrel life of the Kanuni is 25,000 compared to 6 or 8 K of the Norinco offerings. That doesn't matter much but says something about the manufacturer's evaluation of their product.

Balazona
02-03-2009, 08:44 PM
and 8000 rounds of 9mm will simply cost 8x34=272K.while CF-98 cost 35K.

Zubair
03-03-2009, 11:53 AM
I bought Phantom's Kanuni S today and would like to say a few words.

"Which IDIOTS are marketing these in Pakistan ?!?" These are fantastic pistols for their price range and miles beyond Norinco offerings. I was expecting a totally different grade of quality, these are proper well made pistols are a treat to hold. The disassembly is the simplest I've encountered and within 15 seconds of holding it for the first time I stripped it. Glocks have easy disassembly as well but it takes a little practice to be able to hold the slide back and push the latches on the sides down at the same time. This is much easier, just like the Beretta 92 only simpler. It weighs 860 g which is about the same as a Glock 17. It comes with two magazines, one of 15 and the other a 20 round extended magazine. The safety also has a firing pin block and decocker.

All in all I'm very impressed, ofcourse only testing at the range will tell how good this pistol really is.

Btw all of those who are looking for a pistol in the 35-40 K range, this is a serious contender and CF-98 feels like a cheap toy compared to this.
I will go along with you on this observation. Just get the grips I mentioned and you will enjoy it more

Omkhan
03-03-2009, 12:39 PM
LOL, Abbas u r making me regret now by going for a CF98 instead of Kanuni S

Abbas
03-03-2009, 03:00 PM
The CF is good, this seems better. However before outright recommending it over the CF I have to test it out at the range throughly.

Shariq
03-03-2009, 03:08 PM
I had convinced my cousin to buy a NP-42. Now we'll wait for Kanuni s range review before buying.

Firepower!
03-03-2009, 03:54 PM
I think from all the Turkish and Chinese imports the Sig clone takes the day for its Sig like decocking function!

Shariq
06-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Waiting for the range review!!!!!!!!

Abbas
07-03-2009, 06:06 PM
This thread and the other one about the NZ85 and the Kanuni are very similar. Bulls are posted over there.

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=445

As for my opinion of this pistol ? Well it's a nice pistol and for it's price a bargain (40K). The build quality is solid, firing it is very comfortable and a pleasure. But it does take some rounds to get used to it to become fairly accurate, I would say around 300 at least.

There is a world of difference between this and the CF-98 which seems to be everyone's bread and butter pistol. This fires better, looks better, is finished *much* better, has a better min round life (25k vs 8k for the CF98) and comes with a 20 round extended mag ! It is also very easy to clean, infact it the easiest pistol to take apart for cleaning I've ever used. Beretta 92/99 like slide disassembly only simpler.

Some people were saying that the Kanuni has FTF & FTE issues. It is absoultly untrue, there are no such problems what so ever. To really test it I fired about 110 rounds of WAH from it and when it got nice and black from inside I put in the 20 round mag and rapid fired, fired great. I tried to take a picture of the inside of the barrel to show everyone that it still fired fine even after being so messy but it didn't turn out so great. Have a look yourself.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/Kanuni.jpg

If I had to rate three pistols in the 40 K range (+ - 5k) I would pick:

1). NZ 85B
2). Kanuni S
3). NP 34

Sell your CF's while they're HOT !! ;) And get one of the above you won't regret your decision.

Handsome_Phantom
07-03-2009, 07:37 PM
got the latest rate from orient for kanuni as my uncle is now buying it brandnew on monday. Since new stock has arrived orient is willing to sell it for 38k brand new. anyone planning to get one should avail this offer.

Balazona
07-03-2009, 07:51 PM
lol@CF-98 again.

Abbas
07-03-2009, 07:52 PM
:lol: I really don't like the CF's :cool:

Acciprone
07-03-2009, 08:23 PM
abbas.. any reason for rating the np34 so low..

Abbas
07-03-2009, 08:44 PM
It's not rated low, I actually like it quite a bit. I meant this would be my order of preference among the three best 40 K pistols.

Shariq
07-03-2009, 09:21 PM
@ 38 k seems real bargain. Can anybody please post its KHI price.
Thanks

Acciprone
07-03-2009, 09:38 PM
last i checked it was 40k

Shariq
07-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Great to hear price parity of khi with Lhr for at least this gun.

peace4ever
19-04-2009, 11:06 PM
any one knows the current price and dealer? DAAD, karachi quoted 47,000/-.

Firepower!
19-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Is Kanuni S avilable in Lahore?
Where do you get the 20 round magazines?

Abbas
19-04-2009, 11:34 PM
I bought mine from Phantom but someone (I can't remember who) was telling me that it is available for 38 K at Orient. Mine came with a 15 and a 20 round mag.

Osam
19-04-2009, 11:37 PM
It is available in khi nearly everywhere for 40k.

Firepower!
20-04-2009, 12:18 AM
How is Kanuni compared to chinese sig 226 clone?

Taurus
20-04-2009, 12:43 AM
kanuni s available at karachi for 42 k

Hamid
30-04-2009, 07:02 PM
We need more reviews from other members on Kanuni S. Well it looks good but resale is an issue.

AK47
30-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Hamid, brother, I wouldn't care for resale value in pistols of 40k range. How much can it really drop? Even 15k drop after 6 months or a year, should be o.k. Resale, in my opinion, is considered more for guns of medium to high values.

Khalidsh
30-04-2009, 11:36 PM
I would suggest not to waste money at this time as the prices are about to fall. Wait for a month or so as the same guns will be avilable 5k to 9k lesser than what they are prices today

Khalidsh
30-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Before the budget every dealer utilizes the quota of the year and sells at competitive rates. So wait for a while

AK47
01-05-2009, 01:07 AM
Nice info!

9mm Luger
01-05-2009, 01:11 AM
@all kannuni or np 34? if both are offered at the same price!

AK47
01-05-2009, 01:15 AM
Kanuni for the looks, NP34 for the "built". One? Though not much in favour of chinese, but in this case: NP34

Balazona
01-05-2009, 09:04 AM
NP-34 is the exact clone of Sig P228 pistol.i own this pistol and fired 200 rounds so far.no issues at all.Chinese pistols r the best value for the money. i will pick the a Chinese pistol any day of the week over a Turkish pistol.

AK47
01-05-2009, 09:14 AM
NP-34 is the exact clone of Sig P228 pistol.i own this pistol and fired 200 rounds so far.no issues at all.Chinese pistols r the best value for the money.few Morons dont have any idea about these chinese pistols worth and just pass the comments.i will pick the a Chinese pistol any day of the week over a Turkish pistol.
Mind your language Mr! Still got an attitude problem? It's a question of choice!

Mitho
01-05-2009, 09:15 AM
@balazona
cf 98 or stroger cougar?

Balazona
01-05-2009, 09:18 AM
It is matter of personal preference.btw,Stoeger is not a Turkish company.it belongs to Berreta.

Handsome_Phantom
01-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Sometimes i miss Kanuni Alot. It was made with equal lines and most importantly it was my first weapon.

9mm Luger
01-05-2009, 09:56 AM
with due respect the word means a stupid person..and if some one is using the wods that your mentioning i would say that my response will be the sam for them as well!

if someone is using profane language he should get reported but in no way does it give alicense to use the same kind of language.. and as I termed your comment as a tongue in cheek thing I know you didnt mean it for the forum members or any one at all but still its not acceptable..

I would gladly help you in identifying members whose conduct is not at par with the best behaviour...

This forum is also read by non PG members from all over the world! we dont want to put out a negative image out there...

You were our first lord of war n supreme member and on that account I have the utmost respect for you..kindly become a beacon for the rest of the members.. your conduct would greatly influence the image of PG and its member...

I urge the admin and moderators to find all the posts that you have mentioned and delete them at once!

Balazona
01-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Ok BOSS. :cool:
cheers

Mitho
01-05-2009, 10:06 AM
@balazona
i meant which will u perfer stroger or cf98

Balazona
01-05-2009, 10:10 AM
mitho,brother i am a die hard fan of Chinese pistols.i will prefer the NP-42/CF-98.it also has the same rotating barrel locking system like Stoeger pistol.This locking system makes Stoeger very accurate.Chinese even claimed that Berreta copied their CF-98 pistol design.coz CF-98 was designed in 1992 and Couger was in 1994 i think.
btw,CF-98 is for only 35K in and Stoeger is 52K.so,i will pick the CF-98 and spend rest of the money on ammo. ;)

9mm Luger
01-05-2009, 10:12 AM
thank you Balazona Sb! we need to discuss this problem with Abbas Bhai and Firepower in specific and among the members in general as well..

We need to groom and of most importance we need to come up with a code of ethics for the forum!

I sign a code of ethics at work annually and lets have a similar arrangement for this forum as well if all the members agree to that is!!

Balazona
01-05-2009, 10:14 AM
I agree with u too.i think there is a such code when we join Pakguns.is it not?

9mm Luger
01-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Mitho I have handled stoeger and I think if I have the money i will go for stoger but then it is atleast 10-15k expensive...

but if i am low on the budget i will go for Cf-98!

so if more money stoger (mainly for its name and better barrel life and finsih)

both have the same rotating bolt lock and both are good guns

9mm Luger
01-05-2009, 10:18 AM
norinco has also improved a lot and is improving by the day !!as I said i wont mind buying a CF-98 (and for the money i save i can buy more bullets!!)

Connector
01-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Chill out guys.We cant afford another argument over here.You guys want to debate on your linguistic skills than I suggest you start PMing each other.Dont want to see any of you Banned both of you are too valuable for the Forum.

Shariq
01-05-2009, 12:43 PM
btw,i didnt use them for forum members.

What the fuss is about when he has mentioned that the word used was not for the forum members and acknowledged 9MM Luger's post with " Ok BOSS "
Balazona is one of the most helpful and trusted member of PakGuns as is 9MM Luger. AK47 Sir IMHO there was no need for your little harsh remarks when the matter had already been under the carpet.
Cheers

AK47
01-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Thanks, Sqnldr_Shariq. Indeed, you are an honorable fellow. You're right, it was swept beneath the carpet. Yet not at MY request, but at 9mm Luger's. I have already stated that this show cannot go on. It serves the site the least. I stated my position that I AM IN, for laying down verbal "Weapons". Is he?It's not about getting the last word "in". It's about the overall image of our very appreciable site. It doesn't damage my integrity the least, in offering Balazona to get back to friendly status. If it doesn't damage him, too, I suggest he put forth a comment in this regard openly, as I am doing, and let's bury this episode once and for all. Things should neither be BENEATH nor ABOVE the carpet, in order for future episodes not to occur. Thank you very much, Sir, I really appreciate your intervention, and trust it would bring about an END to this affair. On my part, I mean it from the bottom of my heart. Don't know about him.

AK47
01-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Chill out guys.We cant afford another argument over here.You guys want to debate on your linguistic skills than I suggest you start PMing each other.Dont want to see any of you Banned both of you are too valuable for the Forum. Thanks Connector. Warming words.

HassaanAfzal
01-05-2009, 01:12 PM
+ 1 Ak 47

Omkhan
01-05-2009, 01:36 PM
+1 Conenctor

Abbas
01-05-2009, 01:41 PM
WTF ! I feel like I'm a babysitter for a bunch of children ! What is up with everyone ?? I close one thread and another one erupts.

I would for the millionth time request members to act like adults and ignore any offensive comments made by other members and click the DAMN REPORT BUTTON!! If appropriate FP or me will take action otherwise we will ignore it.

I have high expectations of forum members please grow out of this childish he said this, he said that mentality. We are adults gathered to discuss a very serious hobby which is firearms, this does not become us.

As for repeated questions about Code of Conduct etc etc. We already have it and more. Click the Rules button on the toolbar and you will see the basic rules (Read CODE OF CONDUCT) and for more you can read this thread: http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=192

FOR THE LAST TIME MEMBERS ARE REQUESTED NOT TO POLICE THE FORUM, THAT IS NOT YOUR JOB.

9mm Luger
01-05-2009, 01:43 PM
@all kindly pray that I get a 7 band each in IELTS exam next week!! [scored 7.5 overall with 8 in reading and listening! but got 6.5 in writing:/]LOL

@all lets get back to the topic yaar!!

9mm Luger
01-05-2009, 01:45 PM
+1 Abbas Bhai

Firepower!
01-05-2009, 03:11 PM
I am really tierd of deleting and editing posts. Please stop it.

Lets move on!

AK47
01-05-2009, 10:15 PM
+1 Abbas, +1Fp! You won't need, EVER, to delete further of mine. The show is OFF as far as I am concerned! Indeed, lets move ON!

Ka_Khan
02-05-2009, 12:54 AM
Good.....so moving back to Kanuni...
is this available in Lahore and Rawalpindi?I have not seen much in Peshawar markets.Price also..

Ka_Khan
02-05-2009, 01:04 AM
WTF ! I feel like I'm a babysitter for a bunch of children !

Here goes Abbas's new Project !!

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6721/babya.png (http://img24.imageshack.us/my.php?image=babya.png)
By khandairies (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/khandairies)

HassaanAfzal
02-05-2009, 01:06 AM
its available in pindi at shams for 44 K

Ka_Khan
02-05-2009, 01:32 AM
Does Kanuni also make guns in .30 bore or only in 9mm?

HassaanAfzal
02-05-2009, 01:33 AM
never seen .30 in kanuni

AK47
02-05-2009, 01:49 AM
30 in my opinion, apart from the russian which is rare and the chinese which is rare too in "originality" nowadays, was made mostly by Star from Spain and Zastava in Serbia. Apart from that there is the hungarian and even Egyptian, I think. Perhaps a few more communist states version, too, but of what I know, not from Turkey. Just wait, our Norinco expert will give you better details.

AK47
02-05-2009, 04:45 AM
WTF ! I feel like I'm a babysitter for a bunch of children !

Here goes Abbas's new Project !!

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6721/babya.png (http://img24.imageshack.us/my.php?image=babya.png)
By khandairies (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/khandairies)Look, which is Balzy, which am I? One is KNOCKED down!

Balazona
02-05-2009, 08:17 AM
There r only two pistol designs available for 7.62x25mm(.30 caliber).one is TT-33 and other is CZ-52.Kanuni doesnt come in .30 caliber.
BTW,i will request moderator to switch funny posts from here to Misc Gup section.

Firepower!
03-05-2009, 08:12 PM
If anyone knows who is selling this with 20shot magazine do let me know.

Thanks

Enigmatic Desires
04-05-2009, 02:54 AM
Oh our enterprising Darra people have a veritable industry based on .30 calibre. anything and everything from berreta clones in .30 to pistol types I have never even seen in my life!

Zubair
04-05-2009, 11:29 AM

Thanks
Are u talking about KANUNI? Or just KANUNI 20 shot mags?

Firepower!
05-05-2009, 04:52 AM
I am talking about both.

Balazona
05-05-2009, 08:59 AM
FP,Orient Traders Lahore has this pistol.

Khalidsh
05-05-2009, 09:22 AM
What is the asking price of this Kanuni?

Balazona
05-05-2009, 09:28 AM
40K in Lahore.

Zubair
05-05-2009, 12:21 PM

Thanks
Are u talking about KANUNI? Or just KANUNI 20 shot mags?
A friend has extra 4~5 20 shot mags for KANUNI/ZIGANA. If interested I can ask

HassaanAfzal
05-05-2009, 10:04 PM
its for 43k in pindi @ shams

NOMI
05-05-2009, 11:17 PM
nice video of abbas bhai

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNzY3mkoHs4&feature=related

Yalghari
06-05-2009, 12:00 AM
the kanuni in pindi i saw it had two mag one normal n other 20 rds.. for info of Firepower

Khalidsh
06-05-2009, 12:36 AM
By the way the Kanuni S is also a Beretta Clone.

Yalghari
06-05-2009, 12:55 AM
quite much..... akdal have another model F92 completely bretta clone

NOMI
06-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Original kanuni s is full auto or semi auto pistol?

Mustafa Khan
09-05-2011, 07:30 PM
@ Nomi -It is semi automatic pistol.

SPAYPANTHER
09-05-2011, 07:58 PM
sir very old thread