PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Baikal MP-153 Choke Tubes

Afzaal
23-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Gentlemen
Today i purchased Black synthetic stock Baikal MP-153 @ 47.5k from Gul Haji Plaza University Road Peshawar.

i have read many many lines about this gun from respected 12Gauge Bro.
i am Just curious to Know and usage of Provided three Chokes
which 're labeled

1. M-Lead F-Steel
2.F-lead
3.IC-lead IM-Steel.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m263/Afzaalkhan/23022010065.jpg

I only Use Shotgun just for hunting not for skeet or clay.

So i would like to read some experts like 12Gauge Hasanshad etc Bros reviews

Which one to use for Ducks ? Partridge ? Rabbits ' Russian Doves etc.

12GAUGE
23-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Gentlemen
Today i purchased Black synthetic stock Baikal MP-153 @ 47.5k from Gul Haji Plaza University Road Peshawar.

i have read many many lines about this gun from respected 12Gauge Bro.
i am Just curious to Know and usage of Provided three Chokes
which 're labeled

1. M-Lead F-Steel
2.F-lead
3.IC-lead IM-Steel.

I only Use Shotgun just for hunting not for skeet or clay.

So i would like to read some experts like 12Gauge Hasanshad etc Bros reviews

Which one to use for Ducks ? Partridge ? Rabbits ' Russian Doves etc.

Congratulation on your new purchase. have fun and enjoy safe shooting with it.

about the chokes:

IC = improved cylinder for lead shot = Improved modified for steel shot
M = modified for lead shot = full for steel shot
F = full for lead shot = dont even think about using steel shot with it.

usage:

Ducks = M or F for lead whereas M only for steel
Patridge, russian doves, skeet = IC

Regards.

Afzaal
23-02-2010, 08:09 PM
thanks so much brother for your words .
if i follow your advise regarding 2 lines
"Ducks = IM or F for lead whereas IM for steel
Patridge, russian doves, skeet = IC"

then Only i should use this Choke tube " IC-lead IM-Steel." for Ducks and Partridges with different Shot.No Cartridges ?

12GAUGE
23-02-2010, 09:36 PM
then Only i should use this Choke tube " IC-lead IM-Steel." for Ducks and Partridges with different Shot.No Cartridges ?

Bro, the solution that i'm proposing is not the best but it'll get the job done given the set of choke tubes that you have. think of it as making the best lemonade out the lemons that you got.

for ducks:
use Modified or full choke if you are using lead shots. use modified only if you are using steel shot.

for patridge/dove/skeet:
use improved cylinder for lead or improved modified for steel shots

Regards.

Afzaal
23-02-2010, 10:21 PM
thanks Brother

an addition i found a Chart for making it more easy to understand.
i hope this will help users like me.
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m263/Afzaalkhan/chart.jpg

Afzaal
27-02-2010, 09:44 PM
12guage Bro can u clear my Doubts about Fine finished MP-153 Clones ?

can u confirm whether dara started making of Baikal same like original or not :p

LOL " i can't trust them

12GAUGE
27-02-2010, 09:50 PM
As per my understanding, clones Baikal MP 153 do exist however at the moment they are not offered with screw-in type chokes tubes.

Regards.

Afzaal
27-02-2010, 09:53 PM
hmmmmm.
thanks GOD yet they were on 99% not 100 :)

sakhan
27-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Slam to all...
Brothers I got these choke tube with my new MP-153 and there is a choke tube named "F-Steel" and I would like to make sure if I can use lead shots with this F-Steel or its only for steel shots...

Mastermind
27-03-2011, 02:55 PM
yes you can use lead shots with F - steel = modified for lead shot

sakhan
28-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Thanks brother Mastermind....
One more thing i need to know about Slug. Which choke tube is recommend for slug shots ?

Junaid86
28-03-2011, 04:32 PM
One more thing i need to know about Slug. Which choke tube is recommend for slug shots ?

C or IC, dont ever use Full or tighter

Hamid
29-03-2011, 03:32 AM
Lead is safe with Steel full choke as it acts Modified for lead.

francolino
30-03-2011, 04:51 AM
all i know abt steel vs lead is that use one choke lesser when using steel shot, for ex use IC in place of Mod, Mod in place of Full, Cyl in place of IC and so on.
Remember:
Cyl choke = No constriction
Skeet = 0.005 inches (") constriction
IC = 0.010"
Skeet 2 (Light Mod) = 0.015"
Mod = 0.020"
IM = 0.025"
Light Full = 0.030"
Full = 0.035"

For steel shot, no choke above (i.e. tighter than) Mod should be used unless it is marked as such by mnfc such as Briley ext steel proof Full choke or IM choke e.g.

Use Cyl with Steel if you use IC with lead shots
Use IC in plc of M
Use Mod maximum in plc of Full

If u look at it, I am recommending (as per shooting disciplines, not my personal input) to use about 0.010 inches lesser consriction (i.e. 0.010" more open choke) when using steel shot as compared to lead shots. Other than that, it doesnt get more complex than that I think.

Dr Hanif Malik
30-03-2011, 06:48 AM
detail and experience info.

Mastermind
09-09-2012, 09:06 PM
IC i fired 2 slugs my self

Mastermind
09-09-2012, 09:09 PM
12GAUGE brother is it possible to use lead version guns chokes in the steel version gun ? does any other chokes available in the market which we can use on the Baikal ????

Khilji
09-09-2012, 11:17 PM
Good informative thread

francolino
10-09-2012, 08:52 AM
12GAUGE brother is it possible to use lead version guns chokes in the steel version gun ? does any other chokes available in the market which we can use on the Baikal ????

I was looking for a thread with MP-153 chokes discussion. Just found out here.

Any views by MP-153 users??...with factory supplied IC and Mod chokes and other after market chokes like Trulock's. A friend just bought 2 chokes (LM and Mod - extended) from Trulock via his cousin who brought them here. Should these chokes outperform the factory supplied ones in patterning uniformity and density etc. I have found Briley extended ones to give better patterns with regular Shaheen cartrgs in the other firearms. Some cartrgs would perform difference with same choke such as Victory, Olympia, Eley. But only for Shaheen 31 gms loads, any views about original chokes Vs aftermarket chokes performance in MP153???

SHOTGUNNER
12-09-2012, 06:06 PM
afzaal congratulation for your new mp 153 bro.hope you will enjoy shooting with it.

Birdshooter007
12-09-2012, 06:17 PM
afzaal congratulation for your new mp 153 bro.hope you will enjoy shooting with it.
SHOTGUNNER SAHIB you're a bit late in congratulating him, he posted this thread 2 1/2 years ago LOL :)

SHOTGUNNER
12-09-2012, 06:23 PM
gentlemen sos i know this is not a relevant thread i have been of the net for a while.i just have a little quarry about baikal side by side.has any body seen baikal sxs double trigger multi chokes in any gunshop.rawapindi or lahore.

SHOTGUNNER
12-09-2012, 06:27 PM
SHOTGUNNER SAHIB you're a bit late in congratulating him, he posted this thread 2 1/2 years ago LOL :)

sorry bro my mistake i didn,t check the date.thanks for reminding me.

Birdshooter007
12-09-2012, 06:30 PM
sorry bro my mistake i didn,t check the date.thanks for reminding me.
No problem

SHOTGUNNER
12-09-2012, 06:49 PM
I was looking for a thread with MP-153 chokes discussion. Just found out here.

Any views by MP-153 users??...with factory supplied IC and Mod chokes and other after market chokes like Trulock's. A friend just bought 2 chokes (LM and Mod - extended) from Trulock via his cousin who brought them here. Should these chokes outperform the factory supplied ones in patterning uniformity and density etc. I have found Briley extended ones to give better patterns with regular Shaheen cartrgs in the other firearms. Some cartrgs would perform difference with same choke such as Victory, Olympia, Eley. But only for Shaheen 31 gms loads, any views about original chokes Vs aftermarket chokes performance in MP153???
francolino bro of course extended choke tubes pattern batter then flush in chokes i have baikak o/u and sxs both perform better with trulock extended chokes.

Sheroo
04-05-2015, 08:04 PM
Aoa All, Can any1 tell me from where i can have extra chokes for Baikal mp153 ?? any idea about the cost ??

shahroze
04-05-2015, 08:18 PM
You are not regular here, NO extra chokes for you.

SHAMSHIR KHATTAK
12-05-2015, 10:22 AM
Aoa All, brother yesterday i purchased baikal side by side DBBL will upload picture latter i have some query regarding chokes which i have got with the gun mention as under:

left barrel: F=Lead
Right B. M=Lead(this one choke on which m=lead and f=steel really confusing????)
F=steel

spare choke with gun: i.c=lead
i.m=steel(this one choke on which mention i.c and im really confusing?????)

kindly solve this confusion. the purpose of the gun is purely for hunting....

Regard

S.A.Khan

ajmal virk
12-05-2015, 10:38 AM
Congrats to everybody on their respective purchases.

ajmal virk
12-05-2015, 10:38 AM
Shamshir Khattak bro congrats for beauty.

SHAMSHIR KHATTAK
12-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Shamshir Khattak bro congrats for beauty.
thanks ajmal virk

colt 1911
12-05-2015, 01:52 PM
Aoa All, brother yesterday i purchased baikal side by side DBBL will upload picture latter i have some query regarding chokes which i have got with the gun mention as under:

Right B. M=Lead(this one choke on which m=lead and f=steel really confusing????)
F=steel

Regard

S.A.Khan

m=modified
f=full
ic=improved cylinder
im=improved modified

those having steel written on them can be used for steel as well as lead shot. and those having lead written on them can be used for lead shots only

Leon
12-05-2015, 06:55 PM

F=steel

Regard

S.A.Khan

Lead = Lead Shot = Normal Cartridge e.g. Shaheen
Steal = Steal Shot = Applicable in some states of USA where law requires water fowlers to use steel shots.

The difference of Lead and Steal Shots is not applicable in Pakistan as we all use Lead Shot (May be there are some who use steal but I don't know any).

As far as chokes are concerned, I will try to explain in easy words.

C = Cylinder =Most Open Choke usually for close shot like for Quail
IC = Improved Cylinder = Bit Tight Choke usually used for Quail, First Shot on Partridge and Dove and Duck on Decoys.
M = Modified Choke = Tight Choke usually used for Second / Follow up Shot on Partridge and Dove and Duck on Decoys.
IM = Improved Modified = More Tight Choke usually used for Duck but can be used for Second / Follow up Shot on Partridge & Dove.
F = Full = Tight Choke normally used for High Flying Ducks

asif mughal
12-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Steal = Steal Shot = Applicable in some states of USA where law requires water fowlers to use steel shots.

The difference of Lead and Steal Shots is not applicable in Pakistan as we all use Lead Shot (May be there are some who use steal but I don't know any).

IC = Improved Cylinder = Bit Tight Choke usually used for Quail, First Shot on Partridge and Dove and Duck on Decoys.
M = Modified Choke = Tight Choke usually used for Second / Follow up Shot on Partridge and Dove and Duck on Decoys.
IM = Improved Modified = More Tight Choke usually used for Duck but can be used for Second / Follow up Shot on Partridge & Dove.

very well put in Leon bro ; i am saving ur writeup for reference - thanks

Enigmatic Desires
14-05-2015, 02:56 AM

What about tactical and combat shotties. Such as vepr or Hatsan MPA or even DSA security? What do they have?

Leon
14-05-2015, 07:14 AM
They have different chokes from C to M but not tighter than M. Pumps usually have barrel choked as C. Winchester, Mossberg, Hatsan and DSA have barrels with fixed Cylinder Choke. Benelli surely have M choke. Vepr also seemed to have M choke.

Since these defender are supposed to fire Buck Shots and slugs, the tighter chokes than M don't work well with Buck Shots and slugs. Rather tighter choke will disturb pattern of Buck shots and make them useless for firing slugs.

SHAMSHIR KHATTAK
14-05-2015, 10:39 AM
Thanks All seniors for very well explain.

Regard.

S.A.Khan

SHAMSHIR KHATTAK
15-05-2015, 10:18 AM
Leon brother you explain very well.brother let me clear one ambiguity as you mention that normal shaheen Cartridge fall in lead shot category.is shaheen super and and exel and s.g cartridge also fall in lead shot?

Regard,

S.A.Khan

Leon
15-05-2015, 10:52 AM
Yup! They are also lead shot. The difference is Shot Load (Weight of Pellets). Normal Shaheen Cartridges have 31 grams Shot Load. While Super and Excel have 36 grams shot load.

Further difference between Super and Excel is of velocity (which is achieved through weight of charge / powder). Super have velocity of 340 m/sec and Excel have 320 m/sec.

Source: POF Website.

SHAMSHIR KHATTAK
15-05-2015, 11:00 AM
Thanks leon brother.

Regard,

S.A.Khan

colt 1911
15-05-2015, 11:06 AM
Leon brother you explain very well.brother let me clear one ambiguity as you mention that normal shaheen Cartridge fall in lead shot category.is shaheen super and and exel and s.g cartridge also fall in lead shot?

Regard,

S.A.Khan

bro all types of shaheen cartridges contain lead shots. i have never seen any shaheen cartridge containing steel shot

SHAMSHIR KHATTAK
20-05-2015, 12:44 PM
Thanks Colt 1911

Regard

S.A.Khan

Salman_hunter
20-04-2018, 09:26 AM
Aoa members.
I have baikal mp 153..but i sm how lost its chokes and wrench during shifting. Any idea from where can i get these chokes and wrench etc?
Regards

SHOTGUNNER
05-07-2018, 01:22 AM
Slam to all...
Brothers I got these choke tube with my new MP-153 and there is a choke tube named "F-Steel" and I would like to make sure if I can use lead shots with this F-Steel or its only for steel shots...

what is the chamber size of your MP153 bro is it 3inch or3.5inch.

kohshikan5
05-07-2018, 12:40 PM
gentlemen sos i know this is not a relevant thread i have been of the net for a while.i just have a little quarry about baikal side by side.has any body seen baikal sxs double trigger multi chokes in any gunshop.rawapindi or lahore.

Baikal s/s with multi chokes is MP 43 E 1C but with single trigger only. Double trigger models are MP 43 E. What info do you req.

SHOTGUNNER
05-07-2018, 05:35 PM
Baikal s/s with multi chokes is MP 43 E 1C but with single trigger only. Double trigger models are MP 43 E. What info do you req.

Did you read my question bro that i asked in 2012.Please read the question again then you know what information i required in 2012.

kohshikan5
23-06-2019, 04:33 PM
Did you read my question bro that i asked in 2012.Please read the question again then you know what information i required in 2012.
Brother thank God some1 has replied to ur Question after almost a decade lol. Chill no hard feelings

Enigmatic Desires
24-06-2019, 01:40 PM

Since I prefer sxs over o/u and I want duel triggers I think I should look for an MP 43 E. Does the aforementioned model have ejectors?

kohshikan5
25-06-2019, 02:28 AM
Since I prefer sxs over o/u and I want duel triggers I think I should look for an MP 43 E. Does the aforementioned model have ejectors?

Yes brother MP 43E is with ejectors but v tight chokes not suitable for upland hunt.

Enigmatic Desires
25-06-2019, 09:48 AM
Yes brother MP 43E is with electors but v tight chokes not suitable for upland hunt.

Oh that perfectly fine. i am not a hunter.. This will be used for GCP kaay ghee kay dabbay. And if I get a chance. A bit of skeet.

Mian-50
25-06-2019, 12:39 PM
AoA all,

Skeet parameter for maximum(Shooting) distances is between 20-23
yards.Whereas,in TRAP shooting (Away going Clay Birds) the shooters fire,
the first shot beyond 30-yards.

So,that's why more open chokes (SK,CYL,IMP CYL) are strongly recommended
for Skeet and upland.Whereas,for Trap and other longer field shots (Full and 3/4)
chokes are used.

For all types of (CLAY SHOOTINGS) S/S shotguns are not recommended
options,for the following reasons:

1. The central RIB doesn't act as (Heat dissipation tool) like (Ventilated RIB)
of O/Us and semi-autos.So when a shooter aligns his (HEATED) barrels with the
Clay bird,he confronts a (BLURRY) image of the Target.

2. The splinter type fore-ends of S/S shotguns do not fully cover the sides of barrels
so,therefore after few shots at CLAYS the barrels become unbearable to hold
with shooters LEADING HANDS.Although there are few leather covers available
now,but still (Central Non-Ventilated Ribs) are of major concerns.

FA226
25-06-2019, 02:39 PM
AoA all,

for Skeet and upland.Whereas,for Trap and other longer field shots (Full and 3/4)
chokes are used.

2. The splinter type fore-ends of S/S shotguns do not fully cover the sides of barrels
Very nicely explained sir.
Please explain more about clay shooting and skeet and trap rules and type of chokes to used.

kohshikan5
25-06-2019, 07:49 PM
AoA all,

chokes are used.

Nicely explained

Mian-50
25-06-2019, 09:48 PM
Very nicely explained sir.
Please explain more about clay shooting and skeet and trap rules and type of chokes to used.

AoA bro,

The best way to understand Skeet & Trap shooting rules and
firing sequences would be, to visit a proper shooting club,with
active shooters practicing there.

Secondly, you may visit (www.issf-sports.org) for complete
rules and watch online videos of recent SHOOTING WORLD CUPS.

For recreational Clay Shooting,one can have a Clay thrower (Both
manual or battery operated one) but firstly you have to find a safe
place for carrying out these shooting activities.

FA226
26-06-2019, 10:37 AM
AoA bro,

The best way to understand Skeet & Trap shooting rules and
firing sequences would be, to visit a proper shooting club,with
active shooters practicing there.

Secondly, you may visit (www.issf-sports.org) for complete
rules and watch online videos of recent SHOOTING WORLD CUPS.

For recreational Clay Shooting,one can have a Clay thrower (Both
manual or battery operated one) but firstly you have to find a safe
place for carrying out these shooting activities.
Wa alikum salam bro.
I have tried clay shooting few times in UK but guns belonged to the shooting club,have no experiance in skeet or trap i will try to look up in to the rules.its a good idea to get a clay thrower i do have land away from town for shooting.