PDA

View Full Version : Akdal Ghost TR 02 - Review and Pictures

Yalghari
18-02-2010, 12:47 PM
i fwllow enthusiasts..... i have very recently purchsed the Turkish Aldal Ghost TR 02, its a lovely handgun ,.... i m enjoying it , will post the pics soon i got it for 55k. any other member who possesses this weapon?

Edit: A full review and pictures of the Akdal Ghost with comparison to the Glock 17 is available in this http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5257 thread.

Anthrax
18-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Congratulations! Where'd you buy it from? The last time I checked in the market (which was just a few days back), the TR-02 was selling for about 35k.

AK47
18-02-2010, 02:17 PM
@Yalghaari.........Bro, congrats with your new gun, and welcome back to the forum as well. :) And if I'm not very wrong, heck this is your second Akdal Ghost, to the best of my remembrance. ;)

You must be a satisfied customer of this brand, indeed. Let's have some real review of this handgun. Thanks.

LionHeart
18-02-2010, 03:00 PM
+1 to AK47 We surely will wait for detailed review of this particular handgun...

regards,

khurramdool
18-02-2010, 03:42 PM
nice gun bro

Rotorcrafts
18-02-2010, 08:08 PM
The Akdal ghost has a very bad rep in the market. If you are satisfied with your purchase please post a detailed reveiw of it so that some misconceptions can be clarified.

Faheem
18-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Yalghari brother please share your experience with us.. and also inform us that how much round have you fired from the mentioned pistol........

Last week I have got the final price of Akdal Ghost from Ali Muhammad & sons 34 K....

Sensei
18-02-2010, 10:07 PM
@Yalghari brother many congrats to you for your new purchase no doubt this Akdal is a very nice looking gun but it is aslo true that we dont see any strong reviews of this pistol so if
you are really enjoying so plz do post some details btw 55k is a much higher price in Karachi it is available in 35k :cool:

Enigmatic Desires
21-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Last time i saw an akdal ghost I was disapointed to say the least.. It does seem quite expensive for 50K

acidzero8
21-02-2010, 07:35 PM
@Yalghari
brother waiting for your pics !!!

Sensei
21-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Oh no ED its not buddy here at Ali Muhammed & sons karachi the asking price of this gun is just 35k :cool:

AK47
21-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Well, 35K or 50K, whatsoever, we have a member bro here, Yalghari, who now has two of the types, both the TR-01, and TR-02, only problem being that he unfortunately only logs on here on PG once a year, announces a purchase, and then is gone again indefinitely!

@Yalghari bro.......There is a TR-04 out there too, but how about posting a review, Sir, on your present two, we'd like to hear from you before someone from us takes a TR-05! :lol:

Sensei
21-02-2010, 09:49 PM
TR-05
http://s3.postimage.org/yBM_J.gif (http://www.postimage.org/)

acidzero8
22-02-2010, 12:05 AM
TR-04
isn't in market yet is it ?

Naveed_pk
22-02-2010, 11:20 AM
just heard the news .. the latest model of Ghost is coming up TR-06 :lol: :lol:

Sohail
22-02-2010, 11:42 AM
though there are good commnets on its operation but i personally dont like it due to its frame. i think the cost has gone on a very higher side, i was offerd it for Rs:52k 8-9 months back.

any ways good purchase :)

regards

Taurus
22-02-2010, 07:31 PM
I have seen the pistol didnt like the frame the built anything about it ...has a very bad trigger pull... I didnt like the features of this gun..

Shariq
22-02-2010, 08:34 PM
@Yalghari
Congrats. Waiting for your review.

Faheem
22-02-2010, 09:01 PM
what about the price of subjected handgun Akda Ghost TR 02 :rolleyes:

A.Abbas
23-02-2010, 12:25 AM
Seen one ,it was selling for 40k two months back, don't have the second strike capability. Here are the specifications from the manufacturer.
http://www.akdalarms.com/ghost2.html

PsiFactor
28-02-2010, 10:34 PM
IN peshawar its price is 40k

Abbas
03-05-2010, 01:48 AM
I had to chance to test fire the AdKal Ghost TR2 today at the range and while the TR1 was a POS I'm surprised to say I was quite impressed with the TR2 specially since it's for 32k.

The build quality is quite nice and I was getting good groups with it at 15M, infact first 5 shots were all 9's and 10's. I particularly liked the finish of the grip, very nice. The sights are also adjustable and recoil is not bad at all. The only minus point that I could think of is the trigger but I'm sure that is someone one could get used to. I'm tempted to buy one and play around with it for a few months. If only the damn licenses reopen !

Here are some pictures.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/Ghost1.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/Ghost2.jpg

This pistol has natural point ability, I tried 5 shots on rapid as well as I'm a little skeptical about low priced striker fired pistols but it cycled all rounds well.

Abbas
03-05-2010, 01:54 AM
This is the entry level to the world of Glock :)

AK47
03-05-2010, 09:23 AM
@Chief........... Nice hearing from you after long, and yes from above "inventory", it seems you have been kind of "cruising" around, as per SA's update! ;) :lol:

Anyhow, above gun has been kind of "black sheep" here on PG, ever since early bad reports on the TR-01, yet from your "playing" around above, one gets kind of tempted to give it a renewed "consideration" again. :)

No one else would be right in giving to it the "natural point ability credit" than you yourself with your vast shooting experience, and it's nice to see this rare credit to it.

In term of looks, it had already baffled many of us, but if you could get some chance to shoot a bit more with it, say some 100 rounds or so, we'd appreciate a detailed review, furthermore kindly be a bit more specific on the "trigger issue", as well as "recoil" which you deem "not bad".

All I know is, that last time you gave credits on my behalf to another handgun, the .45 ACP Taurus 145, it's been one delightful experience to follow your recommendations! ;)

Regards. :)

Faheem
03-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Abbas bahi thanks for sharing your experience with Akdal Ghost.

Before your post we got very bad response about Akdal Ghost series.....

Well after your feedback we have got another option with CF98 in 30 to 34 k price range.. So would you like to prefare Akdal Ghost TR 2 in 32 k price range.....

Slayerjatt
03-05-2010, 03:27 PM
chief which ammo did you use?

Gilani
03-05-2010, 05:29 PM
This is interesting; a positive report from an experienced shooter. I had the opportunity to try a TR1 and TR2. The results, as I have already mentioned, were quite hopeless. Is there some kind of a quality control issue with Ghost guys like we have with our Darra made weapon, one turns out to be very good the next two are lemons? I hope Akdal Arms is not Khyber Arms of Trukey :D

MIdreesTaj
03-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Abbas sahib please give a detailed review on this with targets..
It mimics a Glock straightaway and beats XD on this :)

AK47
03-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Finally momentum of interest gaining on this handgun, yet guyz, let me say, calm it, Chief cautiously has already mentioned a few issues, and besides there's one heck of a difference in his acquisition of a weapon and ours!

To him, many of even the top liners are 'temporary" play-toys, while for majority of us, it's supposed to be a "keeper", and I'm not quite sure Akdal with this model still is of the standard to be gotten hold of as a "keeper"!

I feel, however, with the evolution from TR-01 to TR-02, and even TR-03 ( not sure, but have heard of one), one final day, the Ghost may attain such a level even, yet at TR-X level, perhaps soon. Hopefully. Chief? :)

Ilyas
03-05-2010, 11:03 PM
+1 AK and Gillani Bhai... For those who want to get something for SD/HD in a limited budget, must go
for something which has consistent reputation regarding reliability and accuracy. For 35k range, I would
recommend CF98 to all such seekers.

Aquarius
03-05-2010, 11:23 PM
I hope Akdal Arms is not Khyber Arms of Trukey :D

:lol: :lol: +1 Gilani Sir.... :lol:

Nazim Sahib
04-05-2010, 01:34 AM
nice pics man seem like a real good copy of the glock......

UMAR BUTT
04-05-2010, 01:55 AM
SALAM, DEAR ABBAS , here i am ( umar butt )

UMAR BUTT
04-05-2010, 02:04 AM
SIR, ABBAS sab, i have some thing new,.:) its cool.. i will show you....

Sparticas
04-05-2010, 10:34 AM
i like it by the looksss :cool:

Kamranwali
07-05-2010, 02:58 PM
@zawarkhan.

Your first post, and you are telling us that this is an accurate gun from 100 yards. Brother, no hangun is accurate at a 100 yards..... because its a handgun.

and please, do not try to sell stuff on PG. Its not allowed for new members and unregistered guns.

Aquarius
07-05-2010, 03:06 PM
@zawarkhan: First of all very warm welcome to this great forum. Please update your location so that members should contact you for this 100 yards accurate handgun :)

Kamranwali
07-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Maybe it uses rocket propelled SMART bullets. :D

Gilani
07-05-2010, 03:35 PM
++1 Aquarius and Kamranwali sahib.

reported issues of missfire are wrong.
How can you say that brother? Do you mean to say that the members who reported misfires with Ghost TR1 or TR2 lied or they did not have a clear understanding what a misfire is?

BTW; Sig P226 X6 is my all time dream handgun. Now I may have to change my dreaming pattern because even a Sig P226 X6 is hardly capable of hitting accurately from 100 yards whereas a Ghost TR2 can. Seems I have been watching misguided dreams :rolleyes:

Abbas
07-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Salams all, I've been travelling quite a bit these past few days and haven't been able to check our forum very regularly.

@Slayer I used normal Chinese 9mm's Blue box.

@Gilani Sahib and MIdressTaj InshAllah as soon as I get my hands on one again I will. Weapons are not a problem, licenses being closed are the real pain in the backside. Most of my licenses are so full of entries that D.C office people often register the wrong (old) weapon on it.

@Ak47 and Ilyas Lol :) True, CF 98 is still the choice in 9mm around 32k. Until I've fired about 500 rounds with zero issues with a handgun I would never consider using it for carry purposes and perhaps I'm old fashioned but except Glock I would also feel uncomfortable carrying a striker fired pistol.

@Umer Butt Welcome to PakGuns. Good to see you here.

Lmao at being accurate at 100 yards. I would be quite happy if it gives good groups at 15 M. Perhaps he meant decent accuracy at 100 feet (30 yards).

Also would like to say that the same piece is re branded as Kahr with Made in USA stamping on it. I think they also attempted to Mcguyver an auto switch to it. Asking 65 K which is insane for a 32k pistol.

Kamranwali
07-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Lmao at being accurate at 100 yards. I would be quite happy if it gives good groups at 15 M. Perhaps he meant decent accuracy at 100 feet (30 yards).

You're too kind, Abbas Bhai. :)

Faisji
07-05-2010, 04:16 PM
i have a TR-01 Ghost. Is an excellent weapon. Please do not use Russion wolf or luger rounds. Only chinese or any better quality. I had issues with these rounds. TR-01 was excellent at the range of 100 yards approx. I found it evry accurate, short recoil with a very nice grip. available for 35 k if someone interested please contact me.

reported issues of missfire are wrong. Initially i was told by shop keepers not to buy it since they have low margins on it these days. Once the price goes up they will tell you its the best weapon one can buy.

Actually if pretend to be sweet and innocent they try to off load TR-1s on you by calling them "Turkish glock".

janijan
08-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Assalam Alaikum
I am new in this hobby. I purchased a new Akdal Ghost TR 02 from Pak Arms F-8 Markaz, Islamabad. Price Rs. 45K. I fired not more than 10 but no problem while firing. Short Recoil. Accuracy is superb. The Shop is near the Court. So Shopkeeper charged further Rs. 1000 for The entry and all documentation. With in 1.5 hr. I got a completely registered Arm in my hands. 9mm bullets (Philippines) Quantity 50 and Price Rs. 3000 (Rs 60/bullet)
Note the bullets were not HP.
The shop owner advised me not to use Chinese or POF bullets in this Handgun.
After 2 days I went to Badaruddin and sons in Rawalpindi where Akdal Ghost TR 01 was available Rs. 40K.

Last week I went Peshawar Where Akdal Ghost Price is very much different . Two dealers told me that Akdal Ghost is available Rs. 35K

In Peshawar the Ammu Rates are very much reasonable. I purchase Philippines HP Quantity 50 at Rs. 3250. (Rs. 65/bullet)
The ammo Chinese and POF very at Rs. 40/bullet. Russian 35/bullet

As am busy these day due to office. So whenever I fired much I will give this forum and detailed info.

Faheem
08-05-2010, 01:53 PM
janijan brother first welcome to pakgun community and congrats for your new purchase. Brother currently the price of Akdal Ghost TR 02 in Karachi is 33 k to 35k so I think you got the correct prices from Peshawer. Below are the dealers name in Karachi...

Ali Mohammad & Sons
Famous Arms

Gilani
08-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Janijan brother, welcome to PG and congrats on your new purchase. BTW, who was the dealer from whom you purchased Ghost TR2 in 45K :o As Faheem has mentioned, Ghost TR2 is available in 33-35 k and a friend of mine bought it in 30 K a couple of months back.

You have mentioned that accuracy was superb. Could you please define it in some tangible terms like the distance from which you fired and the group that you achieved (in inches). Was the group formed close to POA and if it was away from POA, how much?

Please don't mind this barrage of questions. Actually i am quite inquisitive to know the details because it is the second report which describes ghost TR2 as a very accurate handgun. :)

Regarding ammo, IMHO, if a handgun does not fire well with POF, Russian and Chinese ammo, which are the cheapest and most commonly available ammo in Pakistani markets, than this is a very serious limitation and must be kept in mind unless one has some arrangement for free supply of ammo from Federal, Armscor etc :)

Thanks and regards

Faheem
08-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Yes its second positive & good report from our PG member about Akdal Ghost perfection. so we really want to know about this handgun may be in near future it will be most discussable handgun of Pakgun.

So all experts and specialy Akdal Ghost owners are requested please put some light on this issue and give us details that at what distance they are analysing the perfection of Akdal Ghost and what ammo they are using ? as well as FTF & FTE counts.

dervesh
08-05-2010, 04:21 PM
probably zawarkhan wanted to write 100 feet. But i agree with him Jani jan and zawar khan. Ghost for its price is very accurate. yes do not use wolf and luger round. otherwise i am using it, had a shoot out at FC range peshawar with baikal, H&k and Glock....it impressed me with its accuracy.

Jani jan that f8 market guy is very expensive. Processing fee is not more than 300 rupees. 9mm phillipine rounds are 45 rupee a Golee in peshawar. And ghost fresh rate in pesh is 30,000.

dervesh
08-05-2010, 04:25 PM
at approx 50 meters GHOST tr-01 is nicey accurate. You may want to use chines rounds or POF or better ones. No jamming issues and no firing pin issues. Really nice weapon for 30,000 at the moment. But then for 47 k Baikal is an excellent offer currently.

Kamranwali
08-05-2010, 04:44 PM
@dervesh, Welcome to the forum. :)

Can you please tell us which models of glock and HK were used in the SHOOT OUT?

Can you please explain what nicely accurate from 50 metres means?

Can you please tell me how many rounds you fired through the Ghost?

dervesh
08-05-2010, 05:20 PM
H&K model p7m13 and glock 17 wali sb

Gilani
08-05-2010, 10:02 PM
at approx 50 meters GHOST tr-01 is nicey accurate.
Now this is extremely impressive. Very few pistols in the world are accurate at 50 M (like Sig P226 X6, HK Mk23, STI Target Master etc). It is now important to see something tangible like the pics of target results and shooting videos. :)

Shariq
09-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Now this is extremely impressive. Very few pistols in the world are accurate at 50 M (like Sig P226 X6, HK Mk23, STI Target Master etc). It is now important to see something tangible like the pics of target results and shooting videos. :)

Damn!!! I can't even see the Bulls Eye from 50m. Impressive skills.

Gilani
09-05-2010, 12:54 AM

Damn!!! I can't even see the Bulls Eye from 50m. Impressive skills.
Well, I can see the bull eye from 50 M but cant hit it :( :lol:

Faheem
09-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Gilani bahii so when you are trying akdal ghost again at 50 mtrs ? I think this time you can hit the bullseye.... :D :D :D

Sensei
09-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Oh,wow its amazing to see some new infos about Akdal Ghost really intresting specially after reading Abbas`s review on this so its again a question mark because both + and - reviews came from the very expert shooters,oh it should be come to any solid conclusion is Akdak Ghost TR 2 is a junk or a nice gun hope further discussion will come to an end with any good results :cool:

Gilani
13-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Gilani bahii so when you are trying akdal ghost again at 50 mtrs ? I think this time you can hit the bullseye.... :D :D :D
Not very sure Faheem. Previously, I have desperately struggled to hit bullseye with an Akdal Ghost even from 10 M :rolleyes: :lol:

janijan
15-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Assalam Aalikum
Brothers thanx for good advises. I m these days very busy due to office work. So as early as possible I shall try to upload a detailed report about this handgun. As this purchase is my first experience and after purchase I become member of this site. So I was not aware of the prices of that gun.
Plz advice me whether to keep this handgun or sale out it. As since now I have fired 10 rounds without a miss.

fahd.mehmood
15-05-2010, 08:59 AM
sorry for being a dunce but what the heck is that 2 trigger thingy in this gun.

Gilani
15-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Plz advice me whether to keep this handgun or sale out it. As since now I have fired 10 rounds without a miss.
Brother, this decision should be entirely your's. We discuss guns on this forum with all their pros and cons with whatever understanding we have about this hobby. Buying or selling, in my view, is entirely an individuals prerogative.

sorry for being a dunce but what the heck is that 2 trigger thingy in this gun.
It's the typical Glock trigger. :)

Sensei
15-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Assalam Aalikum
Brothers thanx for good advises. I m these days very busy due to office work. So as early as possible I shall try to upload a detailed report about this handgun. As this purchase is my first experience and after purchase I become member of this site. So I was not aware of the prices of that gun.

Brother Janijan well I am agree with brother Gilani`s point but only a suggestion it is that as you have already purchased this gun and fired well too so keep it for some more time and give it a chance to make some 200/300 fires if it works ok then you better keep it for long as I understand your main concern is the performance of this gun so better try it befor exchange :cool:

Aquarius
16-05-2010, 01:11 AM
Brother, this decision should be entirely your's. We discuss guns on this forum with all their pros and cons with whatever understanding we have about this hobby. Buying or selling, in my view, is entirely an individuals prerogative.

+1.. fully agreed...... :)

Nazim Sahib
17-05-2010, 11:34 PM
nice gun looks like a version of the glock.However i heard the reveiws about this gun arent all that good but does seem accurate judging by everyones comments.

Gilani
17-05-2010, 11:41 PM
nice gun looks like a version of the glock.However i heard the reveiws about this gun arent all that good but does seem accurate judging by everyones comments.
It's quite interesting that Akdal Ghost is performing extremely accurate with few members. May be the ones that I tested were lemons but I am quite interested in seeing few pics / videos of the target results from other members. If the gun is that good than we have another good choice available in a reasonable price, other than CF98.

wasi
22-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Dear bothers three of my friends went to lahore to buy pistols, two of them got Akdal Ghosts TR 2 and other went for Baikal vikiing. Akdal cost them 36 k each. 100 rounds of 9mm POF were fired from each. no problems in firing, excellent handling and accuracy. Only one round FTF though it was having a striker mark on base. an ammunition malfunction though.

Gilani
22-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Only one round FTF though it was having a striker mark on base. an ammunition malfunction though.
It may be due to a weak strike by the firing pin.

26-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Any word on its safety features.... since it does not have any external manual safeties then how does its safeties work....

janijan
01-07-2010, 02:34 AM
Gilani Bhai said: It may be due to a weak strike by the firing pin.

I am agree 5 days before i went to Kashmir and fired with my Akdal Ghost tr 02 there. This was quite accurate but I also found firing pin weakness.
I fired 39 bullets and out of these 3 FTF. I fired those bullets again.
The distance was about 25 m.
Bullets used POF 9mm.

AK47
01-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Gilani Bhai said: It may be due to a weak strike by the firing pin.

I am agree 5 days before i went to Kashmir and fired with my Akdal Ghost tr 02 there. This was quite accurate but I also found firing pin weakness.
I fired 39 bullets and out of these 3 FTF. I fired those bullets again.
The distance was about 25 m.
Bullets used POF 9mm.

A typical pattern by the Ghost. Unfortunately, it fails to deliver, no matter how much we really want it to pass. :)

01-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Since we have members actively using it, please a word on its safety, how does firing pin safety of Adkal works can it be carried safely cocked and loaded mode...

tarzen81
11-07-2010, 07:27 PM
i bought the same gun last week and found it intresting :) It's still at 32000/- Bought from Rahimyar Khan!

Yalghari
12-07-2010, 02:14 PM
congrats , n u got it in good price lets see how urs perform........post the max pics too