PDA

View Full Version : Legal length of knife/dagger/sword

Salahuddin Ayubi
08-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Would like to know:

1) The maximum length of a knife allowed without a license;

2) What type of license is required for a knife / dagger / sword which exceeds this length limit;

3) Reference to relevant law(s)/regulation(s), if possible

Thanks in advance.

Sohail
08-02-2010, 02:45 PM
the blade must be not more than 6 inches, these licences are also made through by goign the same process however the fee is less.
look forward to have info from other friends as well.

regards

KageFox
08-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Is this particular law even in effect anymore? I mean, what about those decorative swords and stuff, which can be effectively used as weapons. Do PakGunners having knives longer than 6" have such a license???

Gilani
08-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Is this particular law even in effect anymore? I mean, what about those decorative swords and stuff, which can be effectively used as weapons. Do PakGunners having knives longer than 6" have such a license???
Good question :)

Mig
08-02-2010, 09:05 PM
The Law for Pakistan States that

bayonets, swords, sword-sticks daggers, knives with blades of four inches or more
(but not kitchen knives or knives used in good faith for the carrying on of a profession) and flick knives
irrespective of the blade ;

Salahuddin Ayubi
09-02-2010, 09:21 AM
So, I understand, we DO need a license (legally speaking) for a knife/dagger with more than 4 inches blade used for SD purposes.

If yes, then on what license does one put it and how?

Mig
11-02-2010, 11:27 PM
@SA

You NEed to Apply For an MOI for it :P :P :P
hehe.

There is a Box for a Sword and Sword Stick, in the Licenses, but never saw a Knife. But yes, if speaking 100% legality then we need a License

BulletHog
14-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Guyz I have many questions / confusions...Please give me a definitive response

1. This blade length question always confuses me... Mr. Sohail mentioned the legal limit to be six inches...however the common word of mouth is 4 inches...so whats true?

2. What kind of procedures must be followed (if needed to be followed at all) at the airport if i want to bring in knives of lengths within or exceeding the 4in limit? A friend of mine brought several sharp swords without a single question a couple years back

3. Ok this is OT but please tell me about the process of importing an airgun from lets sau Dubai... Do our customs ppl try to raise any objection

looking forward for help

WaleedCool
10-09-2012, 08:42 PM
https://www.unodc.org/tldb/pdf/Pakistan_Arms_Ordinance_1965.pdf