PDA

View Full Version : Gettting rust in tube magazine of shotgun! What to do?

SPAYPANTHER
07-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Today when I was cleaning my NORINCO SHOTGUN I found rust in tube magazine when I insert a finger with a cloth in it…

At that time I planned to disassemble the shotgun for cleaning but I haven’t do it before so I am afraid to open it…

So! Help me that how can I remove that rust from my shotgun??? while I cant brush it out with out disassembling

Denovo87
07-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Try to clean it assembled using any good gun cleaner (bronx what I suggest) and SPAYPANTHER bro I can see the use of SPELL CHECK in above post ;)

SPAYPANTHER
07-02-2010, 04:28 PM
@ Denovo

Brother think is that I cant insert any brush or snake to clean it because it haven’t enough place, so what should be the direction to apply Bronx???

And yes I have to do that but not to show my self a good writer, but its for my learning .

One more thing I always try to do maximum post for increase my writing skills… so you can say PAKGUN is also an English teacher for me

SPAYPANTHER
07-02-2010, 04:30 PM
@ denove

plz Carryon point out my mistakes :)

bazkhan35
07-02-2010, 06:31 PM
@ denove

Bravo Spaypanther really appreciate.

Not every body can be brave to ask people to point out there mistakes.

Spaypanther you are the man

Salahuddin Ayubi
07-02-2010, 10:06 PM
I have to do that but not to show my self a good writer, but its for my learning .

Bravo SpayPanther. That's the spirit.

@ denove

Let's start with 'Denove'

12GAUGE
07-02-2010, 10:26 PM
AoA Everybody.

hmmm.... rust in the magazine tube. what to do? well... for starters, disassemble the gun. take out the magazine spring then cartridge follower then magazine tube.

afterwards blast everything down with WD40 or diesel fuel. then scrub the tube from inside using bottle brush or something like that. then dry everything out. then spray black aerosol paint inside the tube so it wont rust anymore. then assemble everything back.

now as for how to take the magazine tube off. first we need to know which gun is it? best thing to do now is to post a picture of the gun along with close ups of magazine nut/screw. if its a mossy or a mossy clone then the procedure is:

1. take the magazine cap off
2. remove the spring retainer but very carefully as you dont want the spring to blast off into the sky
3. remove the spring
4. remove the follower
5. then rotate the magazine tube counter clockwise to remove it from the receiver. remember dont apply any jerk cause this can damage the threads inside the aluminum receiver (again i'm assuming that its a mossy or a mossy clone)

there you go. magazine tube off the shotgun. another quick solution is to just forget everything and take the shotgun to a gunsmith. he'll probably do it for ya in minutes.

Regards.

Gilani
07-02-2010, 10:39 PM
@ denove

That's a great spirit. Well done bro.

Denovo87
07-02-2010, 10:56 PM
@ denove

denove is always at your service SPAYPANTHER bro, by the way I never pointed any mistake out as I like the people with originality, it was brother vik worried about your spellings :D
And I really am disapointed with spell checker thing, it doesnot point the correct spellings of my nick out :(

SPAYPANTHER
08-02-2010, 12:17 AM
@ denovo

Bro may you have forget about WEEK which you point out in very sweet manners… :)

SPAYPANTHER
08-02-2010, 12:30 AM
@12 gauge

I got NORINCO YL-12 1J6 , it is similar to NORINCO YL-1JZ ,

Sending a picture of YL-1JZ as I haven’t a good camera to take closer snaps….

SPAYPANTHER
08-02-2010, 12:31 AM
http://s3.postimage.org/RrpzJ.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=PqRrpzJ)

I try many time to post complete image but I fail! But see that image in large it will work

Aamar
08-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Its very simple to do, but the best thing to do is to take it to your family neighborhood gunsmith ..... but i would advise keeping spray paint away from all weapons :P

SPAYPANTHER
08-02-2010, 11:21 AM
but i would advise keeping spray paint away from all weapons :P

Not getting you bro

Zubair
08-02-2010, 03:35 PM
AoA Everybody.

hmmm.... rust in the magazine tube. what to do? well... for starters, disassemble the gun. take out the magazine spring then cartridge follower then magazine tube.

afterwards blast everything down with WD40 or diesel fuel. then scrub the tube from inside using bottle brush or something like that. then dry everything out. then spray black aerosol paint inside the tube so it wont rust anymore. then assemble everything back.

now as for how to take the magazine tube off. first we need to know which gun is it? best thing to do now is to post a picture of the gun along with close ups of magazine nut/screw. if its a mossy or a mossy clone then the procedure is:

1. take the magazine cap off
2. remove the spring retainer but very carefully as you dont want the spring to blast off into the sky
3. remove the spring
4. remove the follower
5. then rotate the magazine tube counter clockwise to remove it from the receiver. remember dont apply any jerk cause this can damage the threads inside the aluminum receiver (again i'm assuming that its a mossy or a mossy clone)

there you go. magazine tube off the shotgun. another quick solution is to just forget everything and take the shotgun to a gunsmith. he'll probably do it for ya in minutes.

Regards.
Can you elaboarate on how to remove the spring retainer.

AK47
08-02-2010, 04:26 PM
@SPAY............Having stayed abroad for most of my life, I've come across a wide variety of English "dialects", having interacted with many different nationals, speaking English in their own specific manner and "nuances". Quite off-topic, but really I enjoy the "African" dialect in English the most, those guyz speak straight from the heart, the American speak it "ruff n' tuff", the Brits speak it from the "kidney"s, requiring quite a "twist" on the "tongue" to put the words out from such depth!

Furthermore, the Scandinavian speak English just like if they're speaking their own very language, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, etc, very plain and simple, even a minor child can't fail to understand!

I must say, to conclude it all up, your specific manner was quite different than any I've ever come across before! :lol:

And do you know one important thing my boy, heck I ENJOY it beyond expression! :lol:

There's something "original" in it, something that belongs to you, something that none of us here could copy, not in any sense!

I suggest therefore, dear "MAMBAR", plz go on as usual, like before, we accept and like you for that, try learning but do occasionally give us your specific taste and style! ;)

Finally, listen to 12 Gauge above, and try to break the whole thing up, if you can't assemble it, try again, if still not, take it your gunsmith, he'll clean it up for you and also teach how to put it together again, then you just won't forget again. Good luck! :)

SPAYPANTHER
09-02-2010, 01:08 AM
@AK47 bro

First of all I mast say that I found really good peoples in that form…

About my manner you can say that ,” KAWA CHALA HANS KE CHAL APNE BHE CHAL BHUL GEYA…

From which school I do my metric I start to read English from 9th class and of coerce it was to late and again at that time I learn English as a subject all other books was in urdu…

So what ever I do metric and the then enter in same manner…

But after enter when I get admition in university I found every thing in English,

So I take admition in English language center I do work hard here and get such knowledge so I can speak for requirement can learn books , but spelling always create problems…

So you can say that my style to write is same as a new born baby start speaking, but I cant stand at that place I have to move forward for betterment of my career…

And I am very happy to learn that you like my reality….

SPAYPANTHER
09-02-2010, 01:11 AM
@12 gauge

today i try to open tube magazine but i fail give points to open it...

Nazim Sahib
11-05-2010, 04:19 PM
i have amossberg model 500 i open it and take a ramrod with alot of cloth and stick it into the mag tube....and i pour oil from da top is it cleans up pretty good but it isnt as good as tain it to a gunsmith