PDA

View Full Version : Radio Transceivers

Mig
05-02-2010, 07:38 PM
I want to know about the 2-way Radio Transceivers, if anybody have used,

Its Availability and Price.
Its Using method. I mean, is it Legal to Use it ?

Slayerjatt
05-02-2010, 08:42 PM
as far as i know there aren't any legal issues. they are very useful products. have seen some pieces in the hafeez center lahore but no idea about the price though it increases with increasing range of the radios.

MHMalik
05-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Motorola Talk about. From 8 to 14 thousand from lahore. Sh Salim had them.. also saw in electronics stores..

Nabeel
05-02-2010, 09:09 PM
@ Mig

Sir I think long range 2-way Radio Transceivers are illegal. I think you have to make license for them

Conceal Carry
05-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Two way radio transceivers require liscence and radio operator course, possession without a liscence is illlegal. short range walkie talkies in my opinion do not require any liscence.

bazkhan35
05-02-2010, 10:29 PM
In my knowledge all long range transceives doesnt matter one or two way and satellite phones do need licence.

check the following website my be helpfull.

http://www.pta.gov.pk/index.php?cur_t=vtext&option=com_content&task=view&id=468&Itemid=349

Ahsanfurqan
06-02-2010, 12:58 AM
@Mig
brother i have seen motorolla walkie talkie sets 2way....with rechargable batteries in electronic market saddar karachi...price was Rs.4000/pair looks were a bit like toy...shopkeeper was telling that they can cover range of 1.5km in saddar area and in open areas they can cover range of about 3-4 kms depending upon the area....u dnt need any liscense for those as they come in catogery of toys...they can b very usefull in hunting ,picnics nd outings of such types.

Mig
06-02-2010, 06:44 PM
I think the Legal Issues are not for the Range of the Device but they are that which frequency Band We use. In some countries, there is a Citizens Band Radio ( CB ) which ranges less than 50MHz and as far as we are between this Bandwidth there is no need for a license. I have no knowledge about this CB in Pakistan. Though, if we can use channels below 50MHz,and do not use External Antennas and Transmitters we will not be interrupting anyone else.

When I was a kid I had toy walkie-talkies, and they worked very well in open space in a Radius of about 30-40 M . and I remember I bought them in Rs.300 :)

@ahsanfurqan
I think the Walkie-Talkies u referring are something between a real thing and a Toy and it will work within a radius of 1 KM.

Anybody Used these Radios ever ??

Mig
08-02-2010, 01:19 PM
...radio operator course, ...

What u mean by the Course ? is this that we learn using it first ?

I think if we have a simple Radio then we can set the Transmitting Frequency easily without and course and since common Radios do not allow us tuning them above the desired frequency.