PDA

View Full Version : mossberg 500

Rameez Saqib
04-02-2010, 02:31 AM
Today i opened my mossberg 500 clone for cleaning .i was open 1st time this kind of pump action and fit's everything f9. but in the end when i was check the saftey its was nt working. Then i do lots of efforts to do this problem solve but i didnt.. so help me.. 12guage come fwd man..

farazh
04-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Assalamo Alaikum Rameez
i have a mossy 590, similar to the 500. cleaned and put back together many times without a problem.
search for a mossberg 500 manual from the internet and then take it apart and put it back together as per instruction from the manual.
better would be to take it to any gun shop and swallow your pride as you tell them your problem, don't worry, it can happen to anyone.......

ay_be_why
04-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Rameez bhaee I hope this helps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKbWcPdTRBI&feature=PlayList&p=623BDB426984C225&index=37

12GAUGE
04-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Today i opened my mossberg 500 clone for cleaning .i was open 1st time this kind of pump action and fit's everything f9. but in the end when i was check the saftey its was nt working. Then i do lots of efforts to do this problem solve but i didnt.. so help me.. 12guage come fwd man..

no worries bro, first tell me to what extent did you disassemble your gun? remember its a clone to begin with the most mossy clones that i've seen had some sorta safety problems. so the problem could have been there to begin with. secondly, did u take out the trigger assembly? the safety actually interfaces with the trigger assembly. if you take the trigger assembly out, u can easily see the underside of the safety button along with a inch long steel pin/bar that engages the safety. it could have been bent or ............. not connecting properly with the lower half of the safety.

if you only removed the barrel, bolt, bolt carrier, forearm, action bars, cartridge elevator, cartridge stop, magazine spring, follower and magazine tube then I doubt it that you could have done anything to screw up you safety and the odds are that it was screwed up to being with.

again no worries. instead of taking all the risk and ruining your firearm in the process, just take to any competent gunsmith and he'll fix it for ya for not more than 250 rupees.

Regards.

p.s. make sure you watch him do it in front of ya cause learning is the best return you can get out of your investment of Rs. 250

Rameez Saqib
07-02-2010, 07:55 PM
thankz 12 guage n my other frds for ur so informative posts

Rameez Saqib
07-02-2010, 08:00 PM
today i saw single barrel 12guage gun of my frd. This was the oldest model. The problem in this is when i load it by pull its long steel bar back and back to its orignal postion for loading. its fire automatically without pulling trigger ...