PDA

View Full Version : Tokarev TT Pistol in Stainless Finish

Abbas
28-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Salams guys,

I've never been a big fan of .30 (7.62x25) as a SD/HD round due to it's over penetrative nature and the TT pistol in general because I think it's butt ugly. But there is no denying that TT variants are the most popular and wide spread weapon in Pakistan. I had been considering getting one for myself but did not like the TT's commonly available in the market. About a year back I came across a TT in stainless steel finish online, I loved it. I have been looking for one since then but could not find it as the Stainless Steel finish was almost exclusively made for 9mm variants instead of 7.62. So I did the next best thing, if there is one weapon that Pakistani gun smiths can make better than any one and with their eyes closed, it's the TT. I got the frame and slide made locally and got everything else substituted with foreign parts. Here is the result.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/TT1.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/TT2.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/TT3.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/TT4.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/TT5.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/TT6.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/TT7.jpg

As with all new weapons specially locally made ones, they require a break in and even a shop adjustment period to come into their own.

I have left the slide and all else blank for the time being as I want to get it engraved in the near future. Only the serial number is stamped and that too on the lower back side of the grip as to not interfere with the engraving.

Zubair
28-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Nice....arrange a date with me with this ;)
How about saturday?

HammadArshad
28-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Wow! Abbas bhai! a very nicely created TT. Two thumbs up! BTW is it safety lock up there, cause as far as I think original TT-33 design did not have thumbs safety... Over all very nice finish! really a beauty! :)

Gilani
28-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Now thats a beautiful looking TT ............wow :P

Saeen
28-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Wow! Abbas bhai! a very nicely created TT. Two thumbs up! BTW is it safety lock up there, cause as far as I think original TT-33 design did not have thumbs safety... Over all very nice finish! really a beauty! :)

Exactly my thoughts Hammad. Dont remember seeing a TT with a safety lock !! TT looks nice in silver none the less.

iiqbal
28-01-2010, 05:59 PM
V Nice , what is the price

Ka_Khan
28-01-2010, 06:15 PM
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/TT5.jpg

Beautiful piece and pics are even more 'professionaly' taken.Liked this pic.
I knew it was your project from a year and at last you got it :)

A.Abbas
28-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Very nice, where did you got it made? FAC or somewhere eles??

Usama
28-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Masha Allah ...Very nice piece with safety!!
In mid of 2009, someone posted pics of his fully gold plated TT with a safety..

Rizshu
28-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Abbas brother MashaAllah.... its a beauty

Mitho
28-01-2010, 08:43 PM
think in near future we are going to see pakguns logo on local made pistols.
there,s an idea abbas for ur future engravings.

Abbas
28-01-2010, 08:49 PM
@Zubair Sure, I will bring it along.

@Hammad & Saeen I had the safety installed myself like some of the Chinese type 54's. Works fantastic btw, better, smoother and easier to operate than most pistols.

@Ka_Khan Thanks, these pics were taken by my camera phone :)

@A.Abbas It was made in Darra.

@Usama No one in Pakistan that I know of has a Gold plated TT, I think what you are talking about is the pictures posted of the weapons taken from Saddam's personal collection.

@Rizshu, Iqbal, Gilani. Thanks.

@Mitho That was the original plan, but decided in favor of a more traditional engraving on this piece.o

Denovo87
28-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Abbas, this thing look more beautiful in photos so congrats again bro. Although I didnot try it at Daud Farm as there were so many other things to divert the attention but some day will definately play with this and I mean only THIS :)

Nabeel
28-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Thumbs up Abbas Sahib. Very nice Pistol neat finishing

Usama
28-01-2010, 09:11 PM
@Abbas bhai
LoL,nope they were not from saddams collection!! :rolleyes:

Rotorcrafts
28-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Great work Abbas bhai, it will look even neater with the engraving and all,

@Usama,
I dunno about any Fully gold plated TT which i saw on Pakguns, Maybe you are referring to this partialy gold plated one. ;)

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=788

AK47
28-01-2010, 09:24 PM
@Abbas...........Chief sb, really don't know what exactly to praise here, your gun or your "shooting"! Well, let's take both, excellent gun and excellent photography, indeed. Congrats!

Would you mind sharing which parts you used of imported, and where final cost stopped at? Thanks, and happy shoot! :)

Usama
28-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Great work Abbas bhai, it will look even neater with the engraving and all,

@Usama,
I dunno about any Fully gold plated TT which i saw on Pakguns, Maybe you are referring to this partialy gold plated one. ;)

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=788

Thanks Rotorcrafts ...You are right..My bad memory..Do u still own it??
And Sorry Abbas bro the above links is the one i was taking about.. :D

KageFox
28-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Okay, the TT's found a new fan! Wonderful gun, Abbas bhai, and great photography :D

A fully custom piece, one of the very few on Pakguns, I guess... now if the sights could be replaced with something adjustable or similar...

Got a question similar to AK47's... what does one do to get something like this? :D

Ilyas
28-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Congrats Chief :) ... the gun is nice but the photography is simply amazing! Which phone did you use for
taking these photos? And where do you intend to get it engraved from?

Rotorcrafts
28-01-2010, 10:09 PM
@Usama, Yes i still do.

Vik
28-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Aoa

MashaAllah. This is no doubt excellent work. Only few TT-33 can match this as far as looks are concerned.
This is going on my notebook's wallpaper.

Dr Zakir
28-01-2010, 11:07 PM
beautiful piece . pakistani gun smiths can really make things and this the evidence.

Vik
28-01-2010, 11:13 PM

Aoa
Brother, TT33(TTC) exported by Romania to US has safety too. I think Its neat to have this safety feature.
The perceived value of TT33 just went up. I think now Its Pak 1911.

Abbas
29-01-2010, 02:06 AM
@Denovo You are welcome to anytime. On the GTG we all had so much to try and too little time.

@Rotarcrafts, AK47 and KageFox, Vik Thanks. The barrel, spring, trigger assembly etc are Chinese. The cost was under 20 k. The engraving will cost about 10 K more.

@Ilyas Thank you, I used a Nokia 5800 and will probably get it engraved from your city :)

Sami
29-01-2010, 03:15 AM
A.S.A, I presume that you are a sharp shooter with Camera too. Tokarev, The most distributed and used hand gun of the late 20th Century. You have preserved the peace of History.Thanks for sharing. Allah-Hafiz

Zhatash
29-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Excellent Abbas.... great inspiration for TT lovers.

Aamar
29-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Congrats, Sexy TT if there ever was one , look forward to the engraving ...... :D

I own a Chinese TT as well and its one of my favorite CC weapons ....

AK47
29-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Thanks Abbas, a beautiful item if below 20K also! You don't quite mention, but I trust the mags are Chinese too? Finally, another topping on the cake, perhaps the "extractor" should have been Chinese also, if not already. :)

Abbas
30-01-2010, 12:30 PM
@Stigma, Zhatash and Aamar. Thanks, Glad you guys like it.

@Ak47 The mags are local and so is the extractor. The mags work just fine, but I am thinking about getting the extractor replaced and the trigger pull adjusted. Will take it to the range today for testing.

@KageFox I have never come across adjustable sights for a TT, if you have seen more let me know as that would be a cool addition to the project. Don't have to McGuyver other weapons sights on it.

Muhammad Musharraf
31-01-2010, 01:32 AM
@ Abbas Bhai : Congratulation what a wicked firearm i always wanted to see if some had a chrome T.T 33 . As you said The barrel, spring, trigger assembly etc are Chinese. The cost was under 20 k. The engraving will cost about 10 K more. thats puts the guns at 30k what about the frame and slide how much did that cost.
and one more thing i saw a Security Gard near my house who was holding a silver mat finish tt-33 but it was pretty much tortured but the really attractive thing about that guns was it had a cutout slide and Frame i could clearly see the spring in the frame and the slide had long cuts init and the the barrel had a weird half sliced thing extending barrel like you see on AK some time i wonder if you could post a picture or model if you seen it and it was made in darra

Rotorcrafts
31-01-2010, 11:38 AM
@Abbas bhai, Wooden grips on your TT will look even better. If you can send me the current grips that are fitted on your TT i can get them copied in wood, like the ones on my TT and send them back to you as a gift. :). Email me if interested.

Faheem
31-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Abbas Bhai I would like to say that I never like TT pistol because of its shape and finish, but after watching your creation now I am a big fan of TT pistol...... :) great job.

Thumbs up........

Dr Zakir
31-01-2010, 12:04 PM
great idea rotorcraft

AK47
31-01-2010, 03:45 PM
@Chief Sb...........Thanks, looking forward to hearing of your review. You gotta shoot out +50 rounds at least.

Btw, when and if you do replace the "extractor", make sure it's one that extracts ALL forms of rounds!

According to a bad experience here, I once had a problem with a Chinese extractor that would throw out only the "311" mark rounds and Serbian :mad: When it would come to the "2008" brand or any of the newer, the gun would simply jam!

Spent around Rs. 5000 on ammo just to check out this problem!
It appeared, if you look CAREFULLY at the "rims" of the "311" series and older rounds, you'll find they are marginally thicker than the newer series of rounds like the "2008" brand!

Consequently, the extractor on older models, in those days the "311" series was in surplus in the market, kind of let's the shell of newer ammo "slip away", resulting in a FTE!

Just my one cent, on some practical experience. Regards.

BERETTA M9 9mm
31-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Great Abbas bhai...................looks nice

Anthrax
02-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Great Tokarev and great photography skills! Now I wish I had fired it when I had the chance. :P

By the way, this would've looked even more better with PT1911 style trigger ... and rails. :| Now THAT should be your next project. :D

KageFox
02-02-2010, 08:35 PM
@KageFox I have never come across adjustable sights for a TT, if you have seen more let me know as that would be a cool addition to the project. Don't have to McGuyver other weapons sights on it.

Hunted around the web for a bit... nothing on adjustable sights for the TT. Though I've been having a weird idea for a couple of days. Since this is a custom piece... wouldn't it be possible to have the slide machined to accept sights (eg. dovetail or something) so that sights from different brands could be fitted. Another way to go about it could be to somehow make the front sight post replaceable, akin to the Walther P22, so that at least windage can be adjusted to a certain degree...

Such funny ideas cross the mind when the brain is totally overloaded... :D

Anyways, maybe someone can work this out some day...

Abbas
02-02-2010, 09:04 PM
@Rotorcrafts Thanks for offer, sounds great. Perhaps I will take you up on it in the future. Currently am enjoying the 'classic' feel of the plastic grips.

@Musharraf Under 20k was including everything, the complete pistol. Engraving will cost extra.

@Ak47 You are bang on the money my friend, the current extractor is giving me problems with new Chinese ammo. Serbain JHP's are working fine. I need to get it replaced, any idea which one works best?

@Anthrax Thanks, I wanted it to look as classic as possible hence the photography with the Chinese heritage background. Perhaps when I tire of it then I will custom it to something more modern.

@KageFox Sounds interesting. Next phase of the project then.

Btw I was in the market the other day and checking out the Zastava which is the Lux version I presume. Not bad for NIB around 25k. Has no safety but then for me this piece is not meant to be carried.

I need more licenses http://www.postimage.org/templates/images/smiley/angry/2.gif (http://www.postimage.org/)

A.Abbas
02-02-2010, 10:23 PM
@Ak47 You are bang on the money my friend, the current extractor is giving me problems with new Chinese ammo. Serbain JHP's are working fine. I need to get it replaced, any idea which one works best?

@ abbas, is your extractor look like this one, did you tried it with a bit harder spring??

sorry forgot to attach the images :)
http://s1.postimage.org/UPuZS.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxUPuZS)

http://s1.postimage.org/UPzZ9.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxUPzZ9)

AK47
02-02-2010, 11:47 PM

Btw I was in the market the other day and checking out the Zastava which is the Lux version I presume. Not bad for NIB around 25k.

Chief Sb, the more experienced gunsmith who would change your extractor would know exactly which one to use, but do tell him about the problem and let him have a look at the shell "rims" of both types of ammo, sometimes they can make a small adjustment on the extractor "hook" that "grips" the shell and problem will get solved.

I'm a bit amazed, however, usually it's the "imported" extractor of the latest imported models that gives this problem. I believe you'll have to take a "desi" one, yet different from your present one. I somehow feel they may have placed an imported one in your gun, though they're usually not this kind!

And about the Zastava Lux........Look we already have had an episode of the type with Dr. Zakir Sb, whom we believed had gotten hold of the "Lux", but it later appeared it was an ordinary M-57, just in stainless finish. The real Lux has a very special grip, apart from that it's all the same. Are you sure, it wasn't just an SS type M-57? In any case, 25K is a very reasonable price, I must say.

Mastermind
03-02-2010, 11:00 AM
wow very nice gun

Salahuddin Ayubi
03-02-2010, 12:29 PM
And about the Zastava Lux........Look we already have had an episode of the type with Dr. Zakir Sb, whom we believed had gotten hold of the "Lux", but it later appeared it was an ordinary M-57, just in stainless finish. The real Lux has a very special grip, apart from that it's all the same. Are you sure, it wasn't just an SS type M-57? In any case, 25K is a very reasonable price, I must say.

I and Starfish were with Abbas when he checked the Zastava Lux at PARA Lahore. According to Mr. Ehsan, the employee at PARA, this was a Lux version. Abbas would be able to give more details about the grip etc.

AK47
03-02-2010, 02:26 PM
@SA.........Thanks bro, did you hold it in the hands yourself? looking forward eagerly to know from Abbas bhai. You guyz should have captured some pics from there a' la Nabeel!

Salahuddin Ayubi
04-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Yes AK, held it, but apart from the longer grip length, I didn't feel any major difference in it and a normal TT.

AK47
04-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Yes AK, held it, but apart from the longer grip length, I didn't feel any major difference in it and a normal TT.

@SA.......Bro, it seems now another "repetition" of the Dr. Zakir Sb episode. With a real "lux" you would have felt a GREAT difference, apart from the increased grip length! Though a guesswork so far, but seems like even Mr. Ahsan Sb was wrong this time around! It seems more like a SS TT! Yet, for Abbas to confirm.

KageFox
04-02-2010, 09:56 PM
The real Lux apparently has a Hogue-like grip, that almost completely circumvents the main grip.

Abbas
05-02-2010, 12:57 AM
Sorry was the late reply, the one that we saw at Para was not the Lux version. It was a normal M57. I have not seen the lux around.

Enigmatic Desires
22-02-2010, 12:14 AM
WoW Abbas bhai u have done something I hitherto considered impossible!
Made a TT beutiful!

wasifali89
22-02-2010, 12:19 AM
lovely it is indeed

id love to do the same

Abbas
22-02-2010, 03:28 PM
WoW Abbas bhai u have done something I hitherto considered impossible!
Made a TT beutiful!

I thought it was quite impossible as well :lol: After some time going to get it engraved, then it should really look like one of a kind.

A.Abbas
23-02-2010, 12:34 AM
Abbas, are you going for traditional engraving or laser etching?

Abbas
23-02-2010, 12:38 AM
I'm leaning towards laser etching as I can choose form a multitude of designs but engraving makes it even more unique.

A.Abbas
23-02-2010, 12:53 AM
I agree, laser etching will give the versatility of design fast and easy but still look i.e. computer/machine work and commercial, an artist engraver will give it a unique look and value though difficult and time consuming but worth every bit (it is my opinion).

haider5
05-03-2010, 12:19 AM
stuning

Txshooter
14-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Simply beautiful! I never thought such an ugly(no offence) looking pistol could look so good. I wish I could have my ugly black tt turned into this swan.

SPAYPANTHER
14-03-2010, 09:18 PM
@ txshooter

Sir g TT is TT! rather black or silver etc, its lover love it in any finish....

wasifali89
14-03-2010, 09:59 PM
i was abt to order a similar one for my self

but the gun smith told me to get it 2 tone
slider black and the rest silver

so i opted for that

but i am after this SS finish as well

Txshooter
15-03-2010, 01:31 AM
Is it possIble to get my black one chromed? Can gunsmiths do that ?

SPAYPANTHER
15-03-2010, 09:56 AM
Is it possIble to get my black one chromed? Can gunsmiths do that ?
it is possible but dear that one is not chromed it is steel, chrom is some thing elss

Muhammad Musharraf
01-05-2010, 01:40 PM
@ Abbas Bhai : Sorry About Digging up old topics but i have few question since you have got your T.T 33 completely custom made i have few question to ask you. A Norinco NP-22 P226 9x19mm copy which is very famous on Pakguns.com can only the lower frame be made by local manufacture with rials is it possible will it reliable or will mess up the gun ? how much will it cost ? and is it legal
second question this just a reference is it possible to get a Norinco M-1911A1 'Sport Model' (Black) .45 ACP which has very ugly finish and is second hand can be chromed like your T.T. in this thread ?

Abbas
01-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Although offtopic, anything can be made to request in Pakistan but they are either unreliable or have a short life span. Any gun can be chromed but unless it's done well it will start to chip off.

Apalo
01-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Abbas bhi why dont you produce this gun for Pak gunners, we will have a piece for our SD and HD and you will have some business!

Ka_Khan
02-05-2010, 10:02 PM
@All....PakGuns is not for business.Sole purpose of this forum is to educate people and share our passion.

fahd.mehmood
09-05-2010, 08:48 AM
saw this piece yesterday at a dealer. someone brought it for new grips. he had it chromed in RYK. forgot to ask him cost n all. (please forgive the pic quality as i had to do it quickly with my phone while owner of the gun was busy looking at new grips) :)

http://s2.postimage.org/bJ36i.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsbJ36i)

http://s4.postimage.org/v96t9.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVv96t9)

http://s1.postimage.org/gmx9i.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxgmx9i)

http://s4.postimage.org/v9bsr.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVv9bsr)

bestmagician83
09-05-2010, 03:10 PM
looking nice lakin pata nahi kyoun i dont like these .30 bore pistols

Faheem
09-05-2010, 05:44 PM
bestmagician83 brother :) its a choice of personal preference. some of our PG members like .30 bore more than 9mm...

Pistol
09-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Fahad Bhai, How much it costs to chrome a pistol?

ARlover
09-05-2010, 07:16 PM
chief your TT is looking great in pakguns logo box :cool:

fahd.mehmood
10-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Fahad Bhai, How much it costs to chrome a pistol?

Sir, i really have no idea. but from what i have been told its not a good idea unless chroming is of the highest quality and for that one has to know where such a craftsman is available. definitely not in RYK :)

Aquarius
10-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Nice looking TT fahd brother.. thanks for sharing.... :)

shahzad
14-05-2010, 04:07 AM
Abbas. Having a TT in your collection is necessary to prove that you are a Pakistani.:)
BTW Its Simply Beautiful.
I once had one of my silver colored TT, electroplated to mat-golden color. And it was really beatiful.

malikjee
13-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Hi abbas Bahi How are u i am Ali BAhi I like that Pistol If u are in Lahore i want to meet with u THanks .

Sniper
19-10-2010, 01:20 PM
i have had the same weapon since long ago, u could have asked me man :)

hamadbaig
30-07-2011, 04:31 PM
can imagine its regal looks once its engraved ..do post the pics then .looking forward :)

agha sam
08-08-2012, 03:27 AM
hi. this is sam i want your help brothers ..
i have 22. pistol on my father license and he is dead in 2005 and the licese is lost .. so now how can i get it on my licese

ACHILLES
08-08-2012, 03:46 AM
hi. this is sam i want your help brothers ..
i have 22. pistol on my father license and he is dead in 2005 and the licese is lost .. so now how can i get it on my licese

You have wrongly posted your post in this thread.

joney
09-08-2012, 12:27 AM
Since i am not a fan of TT .30, i've erase that thought from my mind after seeing this piece of toy..

really nice work abbas bhai.. :)

Like it what u made it :)

fawazchughtai
03-05-2013, 02:14 PM
AOA Abbas,

is this project of yours completed? is it still with you?
do you want to sell it? can you tell me the price?
I am fully interested, if you dont want to sell then can you help me in producing another?
or can you suggest some thing similar in market that i can purchase?

Thanks in Advance

Safdar Mahmood Khan
21-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Impressive :)

AK-12
14-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Yar abbas your Steel TT look awesome, mabrook yara. Price kiya hai?

380ACP
15-08-2013, 04:13 PM
AK 12 its a custom made handgun nothing like this to be found in market,

Azizurrehman
12-12-2013, 09:20 AM
this is locally made tt...i have seen a lot like this..in kpk it,s price in not more than 7 or 8 thousand..