PDA

View Full Version : TAURUS PT-909 users

X_TATIK_GUNNER
17-01-2010, 10:28 PM
salaams to all

would like all the PT-909 users to post their comments on handling , performence , shooting results and any problems faced if any ...
i bought my first brazilian made hand gun last year and at the time of purchase had second thoughts regarding the weapon .
i did face some slide problems in the begning .... but once i crossed my 100 rounds mark ... till today no looking back .....faced no problems what so ever ...must'v crossed 1000+ mark by now .
909 users comments highly appericiated.

X_TATIK_GUNNER
17-01-2010, 10:44 PM
salaams to all
i'll post the first comment on my own thread :)
i surfed the net to find some feed backs from the ppl internationaly using this weapon 909 .. but was surprised that rarely ppl bought this model , and found no comprehensive feed back .
i bought this model b/c the features of the pistol ... like the safties .. capacity ... size ... barrel length .... grip ..... field stripping .... internal finish ... external finish ... weight.....if u put all the things in one place .... what more would a shooter want from a hand gun
i use it as my cc carry replaced my cz 70 (old work horse , b/c of ammo availibility ) had to switch to a 9mm ...
found a lot of ppl purchasing this modle here in PAKISTAN including me
Your comments please .................................................. ......:)

HKS
17-01-2010, 10:48 PM
if you take looks and reliability and put them into one single package ull get pt 909 as a result

HKS
17-01-2010, 10:50 PM
ive put through around 500 rounds since i bought this gun and have faced no problems what so ever.....

HKS
17-01-2010, 11:57 PM
a very solid buy!!!

TT-33
19-01-2010, 02:24 PM
I have this gun i have made only 50 fires yet, no any problem with Chinese ammo, but Failed to feed (Do not seat bullet properly) by using POF amm, so again I will check with chinese ammo then I can share, althogh it's ok with chinese ammo...by it's specification as u described its great Gun.

KageFox
19-01-2010, 02:32 PM
I'd like to know how can one easily CC this gun, cuz, I believe the grip is not much smaller compared to the PT92...

X_TATIK_GUNNER
19-01-2010, 03:05 PM
salaams to all
KF :) i carry the pistol without a holster the most crude way to carry a gun
i carry it in the belt of my trouser/jean inside the shirt or the shalwar's ezarband:)
either on the left side of my waist or the back . but dont keep the gun straight u have to tilt it a bit in order to conceal the butt protruding at the front.

Enigmatic Desires
20-01-2010, 01:04 AM
Maxican carry of a lodaed gun is not always advisable. but a large weapon like the 909 on a small frame would be difficult to carry conceal any other way..

Personally I love this weapon. but as regards feedback. am keeping my fingers crossed..

Slayerjatt
20-01-2010, 02:51 AM
i have this weapon and i am in love with it. was shooting low with it initially but then it turned out to be my shooting stance/grip fault which was corrected today. cc with a holster isn't very easy and one reason is the unavailability of good, if any, iwb holsters here. i've fired chinese ammo through out and less than 10 rounds of pof till now and MASHAALLAH have had no issue at all.

Striker1
20-01-2010, 09:31 AM
No issues on it whatsoever 200 rounds with it till now... Both Chinese and PoF. Had bought it last May from PARA Lahore for 54K.

Not been able to find a decent holster for it as yet.. A large weapon and nearly impossible to conceal.

There is another thread that has pics...

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1612

And THX to the FRIEND who convinced me to go for this rather than for the "HOT" favourite Stoeger..

X_TATIK_GUNNER
20-01-2010, 11:01 AM
salasms to all

striker i went through ur previous thread and also saw the pics of ur baby :)
1 Ques. y did u erase the serial num in the pic .... any perticular reason ????
may u share the reason with us as well

Gilani
20-01-2010, 07:01 PM
No issues on it whatsoever 200 rounds with it till now... Both Chinese and PoF.

Striker1 bro, could you please name the POF ammo you fired. 1Z or 2Z?
regards

X_TATIK_GUNNER
25-01-2010, 09:39 PM
salasms to all

striker1 i went through ur previous thread and also saw the pics of ur baby
1 Ques?. y did u erase the serial num in the pic .... any perticular reason ????
may u share the reason with us as well

X_TATIK_GUNNER
04-02-2010, 12:43 AM
salaams to all
i guess ppl dont buy this pistol in pakistan either :)

Salahuddin Ayubi
04-02-2010, 01:35 PM
salaams to all
i guess ppl dont buy this pistol in pakistan either :)

Don't know why you're not getting responses here, but there are several people in Karachi whom I know who have the 909 and love it for its reliability and relatively small size.

ahsan raza
01-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Pt 909 comments please

owaiskhan86
09-06-2013, 11:15 PM
salam bro I bought this gun pt909 5 months before I got one problem I fired near about 50 rounds with china bullet and some time it is misfiring so I need a advice. should a change the bullets and then try or otherwise I will change it with stoger because its really a frustating stough for me when its misfire p/z advice thanks

Enigmatic Desires
10-06-2013, 04:02 PM
salam bro I bought this gun pt909 5 months before I got one problem I fired near about 50 rounds with china bullet and some time it is misfiring so I need a advice. should a change the bullets and then try or otherwise I will change it with stoger because its really a frustating stough for me when its misfire p/z advice thanks

Umm are u sure its a real one?

Why do I ask this question?

saqlainr12
10-06-2013, 07:16 PM
dont use chinese, try one box of S&B and hopefully u will see change in results.
regards

owaiskhan86
11-06-2013, 09:17 AM
yes at least it is confirm that I bought the original one n may I know how we will distinguish b/w the fake and the original 1 but I got from so many people that u have to cross more than 200 rounds then u feel the difference and one thing more I observed when I fired one by one never do the misfire but when I fire the whole magazine very fast then some time do misfiring even I took that to the shop as well he fired infront of me nothing happened and plz tell me it could be possible due to the mis handling of trigger at the time of firing its happen? highly thankful GOD bless

Enigmatic Desires
11-06-2013, 11:23 AM
Umm how did u conform that what U have is an original? Since the 2 whose pics i shared looked almost exactly the same. The one in the pic above is not an original by the way.

owaiskhan86
11-06-2013, 01:33 PM
no actually Im not that much expert but whom I got this is, my friend and quiet honest couple of time I already deal with him he is saying it is just b/c of bullet

owaiskhan86
11-06-2013, 01:39 PM
but uptill now I didn't try with some good quality bullets

zia raza
11-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Umm how did u conform that what U have is an original? Since the 2 whose pics i shared looked almost exactly the same. The one in the pic above is not an original by the way.
Ed bro is it the one from RAC??

Enigmatic Desires
11-06-2013, 02:30 PM
@Zia yes its an RAC product all right.
@owaiskhan86 Chinese 311 are decent quality bullets. They should not give problems as such.

owaiskhan86
11-06-2013, 05:39 PM
sorry may I know what is rac prod.? ED bro so whts ur suggestion should I try with some other bullets or _____________

Enigmatic Desires
11-06-2013, 05:44 PM
An RAC product is a local weapon made by the Royal Arms Co. Peshawar

owaiskhan86
11-06-2013, 06:01 PM
saqlain bro did u experience this thing with ur weapon ever with china bullets

owaiskhan86
11-06-2013, 06:04 PM
should I change it with stoeger?

saqlainr12
11-06-2013, 06:08 PM
saqlain bro did u experience this thing with ur weapon ever with china bullets
yes brother, i experienced the same problem with chinese
that was just becoz of bad primer, because i loaded the same round thrice but every time it was failure to fire

saqlainr12
11-06-2013, 06:10 PM
should I change it with stoeger?
Stoeger is better than pt 909, As per different forums
but if 909 is doing good with You then continue with it.

owaiskhan86
11-06-2013, 06:48 PM
but in my case the same bullet that misfire do fire when I press the trigger very next time without doing anything just keep on trigging let c I will try with some other bullet thanks a lot Godbless

saqlainr12
11-06-2013, 09:14 PM
but in my case the same bullet that misfire do fire when I press the trigger very next time without doing anything just keep on trigging let c I will try with some other bullet thanks a lot Godbless
that case also happens, actually this is also a case of bad primer, first hit of firing pin makes the primer a bit softer and on second try bullet primer gets ignited and round is fired. Just use good ammo S&B and NATO rounds are generally preferred. InshAllah It will show good results.

X_TATIK_GUNNER
11-06-2013, 11:48 PM
Salaams to all
Ppl ...... 909 seems to be an ammo sensitive pistol ....... B/c the ppl I met (909 owners ,3 of them) and took their feed back/experience ..... I personaly came to a conclusion that 909 is an ammo sens. Gun ,though I never faced any of these problems,,,,, probably b/c I happened to shoot only the POF rounds (2000+) no chinese or any other brands.

rashidyounus
13-06-2013, 10:09 AM
I have no problems what so ever I think its a wonderful weapon :)

Enigmatic Desires
13-06-2013, 10:54 AM
I have no problems what so ever I think its a wonderful weapon :)

i presume rashidyounus that yours is an original one.

g_ansta1134
04-09-2013, 07:15 AM
Walikumassalam bro,

I have a Taurus PT-909 as well and I have faced No problem with it whatsoever.

Here is the link to my post on this forum.
http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?11925-Taurus-PT-909-(9mm)-Stainless-Steel-My-new-pistol-of-choice

But there is a catch.
One thing that I read somewhere is never fire a round without a magazine even their is only one round in it. You know, some people chamber one bullet and remove the magazine and then they fire one round or maybe give to friend so he can only fire one round. Magazine spring helps the shell of the bullet to jump out of the gun.
So Just don't remove the magazine.

I am using Chinese 9mm ammunition (The red box).

I am so glad that I bought this weapon.
Regards.

g_ansta1134
04-09-2013, 07:33 AM
Maxican carry of a lodaed gun is not always advisable. but a large weapon like the 909 on a small frame would be difficult to carry conceal any other way..

Personally I love this weapon. but as regards feedback. am keeping my fingers crossed..

ED bro is right. Conceal Carrying and Mexican carry it is a little difficult as it has a weight almost 85% of a Kg, I use an internal leather hostler and still getting use to it.

Regards

Enigmatic Desires
04-09-2013, 11:55 AM
I have not fired an original 909. (a copy yes) But online forums said that there were FTE issues. Whats your expereince sir?

g_ansta1134
08-09-2013, 04:30 AM
I have not fired an original 909. (a copy yes) But online forums said that there were FTE issues. Whats your expereince sir?

ED bro, up till now I didn't experience any FTE.
And I am using Chinese ammo from the day one.
May be its just my luck, or may be Taurus have fixed this issue.

But I do follow this one little rule as I mentioned before.

"One thing that I read somewhere is never fire a round without a magazine even their is only one round in it. You know, some people chamber one bullet and remove the magazine and then they fire one round or maybe give to friend so he can only fire one round. Magazine spring helps the shell of the bullet to jump out of the gun.
So Just don't remove the magazine."

Regards.

Enigmatic Desires
09-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Yes by and large its a good rule. However in the case of the open slide berreta 92 series of pistols and their derivatives its not applied.

The berreta website specificity states that their weapon can be loaded and fired easily without the mag. Its supposed to help the shooter continue to fight even if his mag is broken/lost.

indeed thats one of the reasons why I carry the PT 92. based onteh berreta open slide design. I top up the weapon by dropping a round in the chamber and then put in the full 17 round mag.

this way I dont have to go through the hassle of racking the slide and taking out the magazine and then pushing that stubborn last round in the mag.And later when I unload the peice I have to do the same. I.e take out the last round and then try and push it back in the magazine. My poor nails are happy now. :)

g_ansta1134
13-09-2013, 04:26 AM
Yes by and large its a good rule. However in the case of the open slide berreta 92 series of pistols and their derivatives its not applied.

The berreta website specificity states that their weapon can be loaded and fired easily without the mag. Its supposed to help the shooter continue to fight even if his mag is broken/lost.

indeed thats one of the reasons why I carry the PT 92. based onteh berreta open slide design. I top up the weapon by dropping a round in the chamber and then put in the full 17 round mag.

this way I dont have to go through the hassle of racking the slide and taking out the magazine and then pushing that stubborn last round in the mag.And later when I unload the peice I have to do the same. I.e take out the last round and then try and push it back in the magazine. My poor nails are happy now. :)

Yes, Ed bhai you are right as always. :) I find this rule only for PT-909 or may be we can say for 900's series of Taurus.

One thing I noticed and I am pretty sure you already know about it, the 900 series don't have a fix barrel which 92 has, when you move the slide back the barrel also comes back with it about 1 cm and the mouth of the barrel, where the chamber is, moves downward (closer to magazine) couple of degrees. And I am not sure why!

Dropping a round from the top do not work very well with PT-909. Means if I try to feed a round to the chamber with out a magazine i.e. Manually, it hangs the round and the barrel don't come back to its original position. Sometimes it happens.

PT-92 is one of the best product of Taurus, No doubt about it :)

Enigmatic Desires
13-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Yes, Ed bhai you are right as always. :) I find this rule only for PT-909 or may be we can say for 900's series of Taurus.

One thing I noticed and I am pretty sure you already know about it, the 900 series don't have a fix barrel which 92 has, when you move the slide back the barrel also comes back with it about 1 cm and the mouth of the barrel, where the chamber is, moves downward (closer to magazine) couple of degrees. And I am not sure why!

Dropping a round from the top do not work very well with PT-909. Means if I try to feed a round to the chamber with out a magazine i.e. Manually, it hangs the round and the barrel don't come back to its original position. Sometimes it happens.

PT-92 is one of the best product of Taurus, No doubt about it :)

Perfectly normal, its the tilt barrel locked breech mechanism of the browning hi-power. The ancestor of almost all 9mm handguns.

WHen u drop a round in the chamber from above do u release the slide though the slide release lever or do U do ride it with your hand. I.e release it manually and carefully allow it to slide back into its original place?

If is the later then u will almost certainly have an out of battery weapon. Since the slide is supposed to work on spring pressure alone. And u r supposed to release it. though the slide release.

g_ansta1134
19-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Perfectly normal, its the tilt barrel locked breech mechanism of the browning hi-power. The ancestor of almost all 9mm handguns.

WHen u drop a round in the chamber from above do u release the slide though the slide release lever or do U do ride it with your hand. I.e release it manually and carefully allow it to slide back into its original place?

If is the later then u will almost certainly have an out of battery weapon. Since the slide is supposed to work on spring pressure alone. And u r supposed to release it. though the slide release.

ED brother you just corrected me, I was easing the slide forward which was resulting in a jam cartridge because I was afraid that I might break something. In this case red strip (Loaded Chamber Indicator) was not showing up.

As soon as I used "Slide release lever"............... CLUCH!! The round just got chambered perfectly and the gun signals the red strip.

Is it safe to chamber a round like this? I mean without a mag, dropping round directly to the chamber? as before I was iterating magazine twice to load 17+1 rounds.

Thanks and Regards.

Enigmatic Desires
19-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Well... Thats how I load by weapon. The alternative is loading unloading the mags every day!!! My poor poor thumbs!

g_ansta1134
20-09-2013, 03:59 AM
Well yeah, Its a tough job for thumbs. I mostly keep my gun Unchambered, with a full magazine but sometimes I have to go with a (Chambered, decocked and safety on).

g_ansta1134
20-09-2013, 04:09 AM
Today I went to a small test shooting range like 15 ft or something. Shot couple of rounds with my PT 909, I will soon share the results Inshallah.