PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on GECADO 12 Gauge SxS Shotgun

armoured
12-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Can anyone share some information regarding gun manufacturer "GECADO" & performance of their 12 guage side/side shotgun? Has someone ever used this specific gun?

Basharat
15-01-2010, 04:10 PM
I believe it is either made in Belgium or Germany. I think the company has stopped making shotguns many years ago. I've never used one but i'm sure there must be some information with our fellow members as shotguns made in Belgium were very popular at one point in Pakistan.

armoured
15-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Thanks a lot Basharat.:)

Actually I own one, and am looking for details regarding the manufacturer. All I could find uptil now is that GECADO used to make air guns, but could not find any reference over the internet regarding their shotguns.

Its made in Germany. Quite old gun (I inherited it from my Grand Father), but the barrel still shines like a mirror, never had even a single malfunction. Since the performance is too good, I was curious to know details regarding its origins : )

Basharat
16-01-2010, 10:57 AM
http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=91305&page=124&PHPSESSID=

this might be of some help. Also if your in Karachi you can go to Pioneer Arms in Saddar (the main shop near zainab market) or Abdul Karim in Gizri they are very knowledgeable about old shotguns

armoured
16-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Hi Basaharat,

Thanks a lot for the link. It helped me finding a russian website, where I found the following text

http://piterhunt.ru/kleyma/germany.html

"GEorg Of cArl Of dOrnheim - [GEKADO]. Owner Georg Carl [Dornkhaym]. Commercial house in 1863 opened in Suhl. Commercial stamp GECADO was brought to the ebonite butt plate. The guns of company were characterized by the complete absence of engraving, outstanding battle, and the main thing - by cheapness. Firm specialized at the export deliveries of weapon, ammunition, ammunition. At the beginning of the 20th century the branches of house acted in Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne, Magdeburg, Nuremberg, [Lippshtadte], and also abroad. After creating for the poor German hunter cheap gun, developers attended to by its design vitality and by reliability. First, the box of gun is very durable because of the absence in the pillows of long grooves for positioning the [vzvoditeley]. In the second place, lock system is designed exceptionally competently, what you will not meet even in the expensive guns, namely: the stems of gun are locked by the single lower lath, which goes in the turning of rear [podstvolnogo] hook. Front hook serves is only for the suspension trunk on the fulcrum. Finally, the locks of gun relate to the type of [udarnikovykh], have the crashproof spiral firing pin springs. Percussion device is located not in the grooves of box as in the system Of anson of & Deeley, and behind it, as in the locks on the lateral boards, therefore, does not weaken the body of box by the presence of additional cavities."

(It was in Russian, and I had to translate it)