PDA

View Full Version : 0.22lr rifle question...

aq4530ba
04-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Salam,

On my last visit to punjab I saw a complete replica of the AK47... Guys it was PERFECT! The only catch is that it fires .22 bullets AND IS SEMI AUTO!!!... But that means that it can be bought on any NPB Licence. Has anybody else seen this? I saw a review of this gun on youtube sometime ago but i cant find it now. I was offered 60k for the gun from a dealer in Jhang. Lately I have wanted a gun with the looks of an AK..

The question is: Would you guys go for this or just stick with the GSG-5 when taking into account the looks, and price difference. I dont really mind if it FTF FTE SOMETIMES... because i want it for display and just to plink with. But it shouldnt get stuck more than once in two mags

Regards.

Sohail Waheed
04-01-2010, 11:17 AM
That must be an Adler .22 rifle. Some members on this forum have this gun and i think i had never read any negative views on this. Regarding price 60k for this gun is toooooo much as the same has been quoted in 35k about 2 months back.

Sohail
04-01-2010, 02:04 PM
yes i have seen infact offered by a deal while i was looking for .22 rifle, the phillipine one (used) around 35 k. if also want to see more options can go to famous (mahmood), he has variety in .22.

regards

Gunpsycho
04-01-2010, 02:16 PM
@ members. There is one other in the market excellent copy of AK47 and infact it is of same company who makes GSG and price is between 70 - 75k

Salahuddin Ayubi
04-01-2010, 02:23 PM
@ members. There is one other in the market excellent copy of AK47 and infact it is of same company who makes GSG and price is between 70 - 75k

This is a recent addition by German Sports Group and I've heard that it is a very good .22lr version of the AK. However, I still think that if someone is into assault rifle shaped .22 semi autos, nothing beats the finishing and quality of GSG 5, the MP5 copy.

Also available at around the same range 70-75k.

aq4530ba
04-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Thank you all for your input! :) SA I agree with you about finishing and quality. I will go to lucky star tom if I get some time and will check it out. Nobody has said anything about reliability at all though... Any idea in that area?

Regards

Conceal Carry
04-01-2010, 10:47 PM
There used to be a phillipine made AK replica in .22 in Karachi market also, I'm not sure if it is still available or not. Adler is also available, never seen a nib though.

Salahuddin Ayubi
05-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Thank you all for your input! :) SA I agree with you about finishing and quality. I will go to lucky star tom if I get some time and will check it out. Nobody has said anything about reliability at all though... Any idea in that area?

Regards

Best would be to google for reviews as you'll find more feedbacks from western customers. Here, I know our brother Accripone has one. Search PG for his review, if any.

Basharat
05-01-2010, 11:28 AM
I have seen replica AKs made by Adler in .22 Magnum also. that might be something to look into as well.