PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan Hunting And Sporting Arms Development Company

TAREEN
16-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Got a chance to visit the website of the well talked about ambitious project.

http://phsadc.org/

It appearance (the good part) & contents remind me of what happens to most of government projects. Ground reality, I hope is better. Try looking at 'product gallery' without a smile.

Saeen
16-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Well in products gallery they are showing the future of products with phsadc. Clear sky, green grass and nothing visible ;)

TAREEN
16-02-2009, 01:56 PM
I couldn't keep my self from laughing after reading your comments :lol: :lol:

Enigmatic Desires
27-04-2009, 02:21 AM
A few months back. The government said that they want to revive the project to give the people better employment opportunities.

Besides they wanted them to use their deadly skills in making sporting fire arms..

Hamid
27-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Kilometers of procedural red tape will make the project a white elephant with red ribbon around the neck.

Ka_Khan
28-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Kilometers of procedural red tape will make the project a white elephant with red ribbon around the neck.
Nice Discription. :)

MUSTANIR
03-06-2009, 01:13 AM
it iz very difficult for our govt functionaries to have a VISION

MUSTANIR
03-06-2009, 01:14 AM
Truly EMBARRASING

Khalidsh
03-06-2009, 10:13 AM
@Hamid .... you are absolutely right as this has happened many times. Anything started by the govt in terms of private givt partenership ends up in mess. These people should realize that not all the things can be handled by the government. There should be an organisation with all the stake holders on board and the government supporting it.

Striker1
06-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Hunting arms manufacturers to visit Turkey
Saturday, June 06, 2009
The News.

PESHAWAR: Pakistan Hunting and Sporting Arms Development Company (PHSADC) is sending a delegation of small arms manufacturers to Turkey with the objective of improvement in production standards of non-lethal weapons through transfer of technology.

In a press release, PHSADC Chairman Nauman Wazir said that they were sending arms manufacturers so that they could have knowledge about new technology and advancement in gun manufacturing and could replicate modern techniques in the country.

The delegation, comprising six members, would leave on June 11 and will return after six days. During the visit, Wazir added, the delegation members would hold meetings with different gun manufacturers and engineers besides holding discussions with heads of government departments regulating arms production in Turkey.

He said gun manufacturing technology is very latest and advanced in Turkey and the PHSADC realised this during an international exhibition of arms held recently in Germany.

He said production standards, value addition of products and finishing are very fine in Turkey and the PHSADC wants to get information about the technology and its replication in Pakistan.

“Without improving production standards and value addition of products, we cannot attract foreign buyers for hunting and sporting arms being produced in Pakistan,” he said.

Wazir said the company has been set up with the objective of harnessing the untapped potential of gun manufacturing in Pakistan. The PHSADC, he continued, is striving to increase export of hunting and sporting arms manufactured in Pakistan by developing and enhancing skills and craftsmanship of gunsmiths.

Moeen
07-06-2009, 09:42 AM
OK to all members, granted you people do not know me but please heed my advise. I was involved in the intial start of this company along with many many other from Darra. We used to have meetings in Lahore, Islamabad, and Peshawar. It was a project started by P. Musharraf like the IDEAS project. However, in this case thing took a turn for the worse. There was talk of having a proper center in or around Darra with machines, investment casting and many many other top line stuff. It never panned out. There was a R. Col. ZilurRehman and R. Brig. Naveed Rehman who headed this shindig. Due to various reasons and finger pointing... the entire project has been handed over to a foundary owner in Peshawar. Now what is happening is: If you can't get a visa to a foriegn country - go and register with these guys and get your visa to - germany, turkey, greece, dubai, france, UK, and USA... where ever there is an international exhibition of arms. This is ALL thats happened since the handover over a year ago. I can only guess ALL the money is eaten up. If not then the interest from that money is keeping the image alive. The top two control the money. UPtill now there has been NO Technical center, no machines, NOTHING.

Faisal Khan
07-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Thats really sad.

OK to all members, granted you people do not know me but please heed my advise. I was involved in the intial start of this company along with many many other from Darra. We used to have meetings in Lahore, Islamabad, and Peshawar. It was a project started by P. Musharraf like the IDEAS project. However, in this case thing took a turn for the worse. There was talk of having a proper center in or around Darra with machines, investment casting and many many other top line stuff. It never panned out. There was a R. Col. ZilurRehman and R. Brig. Naveed Rehman who headed this shindig. Due to various reasons and finger pointing... the entire project has been handed over to a foundary owner in Peshawar. Now what is happening is: If you can't get a visa to a foriegn country - go and register with these guys and get your visa to - germany, turkey, greece, dubai, france, UK, and USA... where ever there is an international exhibition of arms. This is ALL thats happened since the handover over a year ago. I can only guess ALL the money is eaten up. If not then the interest from that money is keeping the image alive. The top two control the money. UPtill now there has been NO Technical center, no machines, NOTHING.

m1carbine
07-06-2009, 02:04 PM
so here comes the inside story.now we got whlole the picture clreared.

Hamid
07-06-2009, 02:07 PM
All such initiatives are used to send people abroad. And the people who go on such visas know least about sporting arms.

Haris
30-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Gear up for TOSS Show 2010 Islamabad PHSADC is organizing a national expo for the hunting and shooting sports indusrty. Different manufacturers will be showcasing their products which includes shotguns, handgun, daggers and knives, leather & fabric accessories.TOSS Show 2010 is planned in month of september in Islamabad
http://phsadc.org/

Apalo
30-08-2010, 05:08 PM
yes i have an information about this expo as one of our member is the team leader for this expo

Haris
15-10-2010, 12:26 PM
you are welcome.....