PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding local TT

Salahuddin Ayubi
28-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Query for my brothers:

Which gunsmith (in KHI) should I go to to get the firing pin and ejector of my DAK TT replaced. How much does it costs and also tell me the related do's and dont's, if there are any.

Reason:

I tried 25 rounds of 1979 russian ammo with my local TT today. Around 50% turned out to be duds (didn't fire) although, each one had a proper firing pin impression at the back of the round, consistent with the one on the shell of rounds that fired. So maybe it's the old rounds, because I haven't yet tried the 2008 rounds with it that I have in stock.

Also, every time, shell of last round did not eject and got stuck in the chamber.

What's your diagnosis and what remedies do you suggest for the above two problem?

Like brother Xerga mentioned above that after a few maintenance related changes, his TTs have given him trouble free experience, so was wondering what necessary work needs to be done on my local TT.

daishe007
28-12-2009, 09:23 PM
dude wenever ur in mood to shoot a local gun...dont forget to get it lubricated...and secondly the problem was with the old ammuniction...cuz one i had old german bullets for G3 & they too got stuck every now and then..and when i tried the fresh bullet & chekck it they workd smooth ...

Denovo87
28-12-2009, 09:38 PM
First problem is due to ailing ammo not the gun, if firing pin is hitting every round with consistant pressure & hit is everytime on the same area.
Second problem can be of the magazine, just chamber a round, remove the magazine and try to fire (hope this TT doesnot have magazine disconector), if it fire & eject successfully then your magazine need little of adjustment.

Salahuddin Ayubi
28-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the feedback Danny.

Ka_Khan
29-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Salahuddin Sahib....if you have difficulty,i can send you as many Pins as you need :)
The Ejector should not cost you more then 300 Rs including the labor charges.

Salahuddin Ayubi
29-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Jazakallah khair for the offer Kamran. Really appreciate the gesture. I'll surely let you know in case I need any.

Gunpsycho
29-12-2009, 02:23 PM
@ SA Bro instead of changing pin or ejector get a new china TT :cool:

haiderkn
29-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Brother Salahuddin I think the problem is with your ammu not with the gun.

Salahuddin Ayubi
29-12-2009, 03:42 PM
@ SA Bro instead of changing pin or ejector get a new china TT :cool:

The next thing on this MOI would be something better than a TT. Until then.

SPAYPANTHER
29-12-2009, 10:58 PM
@sa with salam

bhai their is a good firarms workshop by tha name of famous arms!!! tha have good traind workers!!!!

Salahuddin Ayubi
30-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the information SP. Appreciate it.

Faheem
30-12-2009, 08:40 AM
I and my many freinds have very bad experiences from famous arms because mehmood is very close friend of my brother.

You should go to Mr. Rahim Bhai (gunsmith) if you face any difficulty to search him than contact to H.M Traders they will guide you.

Faheem
30-12-2009, 08:42 AM
if any one have any doubt regarding famous arms so personaly contact me on my email fahim_attractive@hotmail.com

Sensei
30-12-2009, 11:49 AM
@faheem buddy why Pakguns is here?come on do share you good or bad experiences right here for the benifits of fellow members :cool: and try to make just a single post just for one paticular point, enjoy :cool:

SPAYPANTHER
30-12-2009, 01:30 PM
@ fahem

yar fahem why parsanli ??shear it with all of us

Ahmad
30-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Query for my brothers:

:

IAlso, every time, shell of last round did not eject and got stuck in the chamber.

What's your diagnosis and what remedies do you suggest for the above two problem?

the issue is extractor, when there is a round in the magazine, it puts preesure on empty shell & it got extracted,when there is no round, extractor did not grip your empty. you can check it by stripping the gun and slip a round under extracor from under the slide, now it should stay there even if you tap slide lightly. if the extractor has proper face & groove, it can be a weak spring, try changing the spring first & chances are it will solve problem.
same has happened with My WWII 1911A1, as there is no spring in the extractor of this design, i bend my extractor to give him proper tension & it is working fine for nearly 500 rounds.
cheers