PDA

View Full Version : Wanted local airgun in Karachi

Enigmatic Desires
17-12-2009, 04:20 AM
Ok here is hte story..
A family of rats has managed t find hteir way inside the concrete ventilation grill in my home. The gril has a net screen to keep out undesirable critters.. the rats are busy eating it away.. Nohting I have tried has worked.. From beating em to stabbing em wiht my switch blade to even punching em!

cant blast em away with a fire arm.. it being an apartment complex an all .. I went to saddar today to get an airgun. a cheap disposible one.. that I wil proberly get rid off after punching a bunch of holes in the rats..

But the little shop in saddar that deals in airguns only has super snazzy scope equipped machines.. I am looking for a really cheap local one that i will subsequently get rid off..

Where can I find one of those?

Salahuddin Ayubi
17-12-2009, 09:53 AM
The little shop in Saddar I presume was Shalimar. Try out Mustafa and Hussain, both on the right side at the beginning of mainsfield street, saddar. You'll get what you desire for about 3.5k max without scope.

However, I'd recommend rat kill products available in the market (similar to the Czar injections for cockroaches).

SPAYPANTHER
17-12-2009, 11:08 AM
salam, DEAR i was also have tha same type of problam and also try all of thes stufs which you mantion here including air gun and czar injection but tha rates was smarter then me!!!
and the was carry on killing my birds..

so in tha end i bring a NAVLA (its a smal animal similar to rates but big in size use to fight with snakes) and the rizelts was amazing just in 10 days all of thes rates was killed!!
it was like the hunting tha wild hogs with dogs...

if you want to use this tip then i can help you in all tha ways...

BEST OF LUCK...

SPAYPANTHER
17-12-2009, 11:18 AM
and one more thing have you inuf time to wait for tha rates that tha come out from their hid-outs so that you can target them...

Enigmatic Desires
17-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Err the 'rates' wont come down both literally and figuratively :(

I seriosuly doubt my family an neighbours would approve of my choice of pets. but thanks anyway..

ay_be_why
17-12-2009, 09:28 PM
ED not a bad idea from panther... dare to be different :)
BTW why don't you try the tried and tested, good ole' kurukki, the mouse trap. not the one which traps the critter in a cage, but the one which was extensively used in Tom and Jerry ;)

http://www.grassroots.com/images/blog/6666967/Mouse-Trap-Cheese.jpg

Abu Al Hawl
17-12-2009, 10:16 PM
:lol:ED, instead of waiting for hours for your un-invited guests, you buy atleast 2 mouse traps n place good food in it i say cheese, in the morning you will find the rodent in side the trap just kill him inside only and hide the dead body from the cops

Salahuddin Ayubi
17-12-2009, 10:23 PM
+1 @ AbuAlHawl.

SPAYPANTHER
17-12-2009, 10:36 PM
hehhehheeehe

is it a gun club or mouse hunting club.....

hehhehehehehheheeeeeeeeeeeeh

SPAYPANTHER
17-12-2009, 10:40 PM
just for fun dear and we should help each other in aney difficultie

KageFox
17-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Mouse Hunting Club :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now this is one club I'm really looking forward to... include Lizards as well :D :P

Salahuddin Ayubi
17-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Used to shoot mice with my airgun some 15+ years back. Had more than 100 kills to my name :) Used a chinese B2-4 airgun back then (iron sights). Loved it and the experience.

I think the effect is equivalent to killing pigs with a 7mm or atleast that's how I compare it.

wakas
17-12-2009, 11:30 PM
I suggest you start catching the rats and painting patches onto them and later selling them as hamsters.
On a serious note if the rats are in your ventilation system the last thing you want is poisoning or shooting at them and going and dieing in some hard to reach place and stinking up the place. Suggest you use a mouse trap with bait or leave a snake into you vents :) (I have seen rats gang up to kill and eat a cat so no guarantees the snake is comeback ).

SPAYPANTHER
17-12-2009, 11:41 PM
yar navla ko english ma keya kehte hen???

yar mene ampres markit sa 500 ma leya tha 10 din rakh kar wapis 300 ma ampress markit ma he da deya tha par rates ke ase ke tase kar de the us na sub mare gaie the bhai tray karlo duwa do ga navla ko mujhe nahe...

usa us jaga par band do jahan rates ke hide out hon jese he koie rate nikle ga ya usa pakar kar kha jaie ga bus

Enigmatic Desires
18-12-2009, 03:10 AM
Its not in the ventilation system just b/w the concrete grill and the netting.. WHats the fun in using poison?

I want to plug em full of wee lil holes.. and since hte gril is pretty thin I think a single shot wil llaunch em clear into space and they wil land al broken and smashed on the ground far below..

@Sprapanhter.. A navla is a weasal if I recollect correctly... Err I stil dont think my family an neighbors would approve.. even if I promise t take it back at half the 'rates' (truely horrible pun un-intended)

Salahuddin Ayubi
18-12-2009, 09:21 AM
yar navla ko english ma keya kehte hen???

yar mene ampres markit sa 500 ma leya tha 10 din rakh kar wapis 300 ma ampress markit ma he da deya tha par rates ke ase ke tase kar de the us na sub mare gaie the bhai tray karlo duwa do ga navla ko mujhe nahe...

usa us jaga par band do jahan rates ke hide out hon jese he koie rate nikle ga ya usa pakar kar kha jaie ga bus

Bro, please avoid using full roman english and small letters only in your posts. Very hard to understand what you're trying to say.

Denovo87
18-12-2009, 11:35 AM
ED in my opinion go for an air pistol than rifle as it will be convenient & more maneuverable to give a tough fight to rats :)

Salahuddin Ayubi
18-12-2009, 11:38 AM
..... and attach a laser on that air pistol.......... ayay hai hai.....tsk...... tactical mouse killer :)

Now ED is PG's designated "Mouse Assassin".

=================================
Chuhoon say mukammal nijaat.
ED kay bain haath ki baat.
100% results guaranteed.
For ordering the service, please call
0800 - MOUSE ASSASSIN
or visit
www.EnigmaticAssassins.com (http://www.EnigmaticAssassins.com)
=================================

and ED, Navla is a Mongoose not a Weasel......... or so I think.

Aamar
18-12-2009, 12:23 PM
@ Rates : LOL :D :lol:

Usama
18-12-2009, 12:32 PM
You can try BANARAS AREA where u might get a darra made air gun or air pistol in around maX 2k.. :)

9mm Luger
18-12-2009, 05:56 PM
@ Usama where in Benaras any specific delaer name?

Usama
18-12-2009, 08:27 PM
I dont know any name but im sure there were available some time back ..Will try to get more info for
you people ....AND the most imp part abt Banaras was i remember that they had half rates of ammo..
Cartridges And Bullets both..

Salahuddin Ayubi
18-12-2009, 08:34 PM
I dont know any name but im sure there were available some time back ..Will try to get more info for
you people ....AND the most imp part abt Banaras was i remember that they had half rates of ammo..
Cartridges And Bullets both..

With all due respect to Usama, I somehow highly doubt the 'half-rate' part.

Moreover, I would advise members to be extremely cautious while checking out dealers which nobody's heard of or discussed before here on PG. Also, I personally believe that when something sounds too good to be true, it most probably is. Not true.

If it is 'the' Banaras area ahead of North Nazimabad which we're talking about, I'd be very careful as it's known for its politics-cum-ethnic-led violence. I think most Karachiites here know what I'm referring to. So just try to avoid this.

SPAYPANTHER
19-12-2009, 12:09 AM
@salaudin
bhai i was just going to post same type of reply but as political discusan is band so i just delet it...!
but now as you have start it then i also want to add some thing!!
PLZ PLZ AND AGAIN PLZ evide that plase even you have some related who leve in banaras because in frount of my eyes a lot of boy lose their mobil phon and every thing even their drases yas tha gone back just in jens !!!
and one more thing dont carry your weapen when you are going to banaras because if thay found you with weapen then the will not left you.....

Enigmatic Desires
19-12-2009, 01:08 AM
Danny Sa.. i assure U I would nt want to b a 'mouse assasin' thats too sissy for words. U can try "Rat killer" at half the 'rates" Baby 'rates' not included..

I dont think banaras chawk would be a problem for me. I dont wear dresses u c.. :D

But thanks for the tip.. I got an air gun btw.. a diana. a freind loaned it to me.. tomorow mornin.. its slaughter season.. :P

Mitho
19-12-2009, 09:49 AM
you can borrow my german sheperd.most effective rat killing machine.
p.s. he does cats rabbits goats donkeys free of charge.

SPAYPANTHER
19-12-2009, 12:03 PM
@ENIGMATIC DESIRES

ENJOY MOUSE HUNTING HEHEHEHHEHHEe

Enigmatic Desires
19-12-2009, 01:19 PM
you can borrow my german sheperd.most effective rat killing machine.
p.s. he does cats rabbits goats donkeys free of charge.

It "does" all those animals?
Wow thats one randy doggy U have there.. what does it do in its spare time?

@ Spaypanther,,, .. Rats my good man!! mice are for sissies..

Usama
19-12-2009, 06:25 PM
YeaH i fully agree with you Salauddin bhai even i myself havent visited banaras dealers but have managed
through our private Guards.. ;)
And yes That Jeans T-shirt story was real back in 1* may incident.... :(

Sami
19-12-2009, 07:25 PM
A.S.A, @ Enigmatic Desires:
Good luck with the hunt, ever feel overwhelmed call for back-up from P.G Elites assembled in Karachi. Yah! One on One fight, recall of “PANI-PATT”.
To make hunt you need to lure out your subject and to do that you need to think like wise your prey. What make him come out of his hiding, Cheese is a good choice or his E. Desires would make him vulnerable.
Remember Sultan Ayub’s suggestions in properly disposing off your hunt.
Take Care A.H

Enigmatic Desires
20-12-2009, 04:25 AM
Actuly.. I shot him in the butt.. Not only did he disappear after that .. he took his entire extended family away!!!

Now I know how to get rid of the buggers en masse.. :D

Salahuddin Ayubi
20-12-2009, 07:35 AM
Welcome to PakAirGunners' Group ED.

Congratulations, you've just graduated from PepperSprays to AirGuns. :D

Enigmatic Desires
22-12-2009, 02:23 AM
Welcome to PakAirGunners' Group ED.

Congratulations, you've just graduated from PepperSprays to AirGuns. :D

U know this whole air gunning thingy can be quite addictive.. Now actully want the rats to make an appearence..
And I saw a chinese # 2 calibre at shalimar @ 3500 w/o scope . How ever the schope looked pretty nice though I know nothing bout air gun scopes.

farazh
27-12-2009, 05:43 PM
hey ED, if you get the chinese airgun please update us on its performance. many of us would like to get a cheap airgun for plinking fun, and i gather the chinese is better built than the local ones.

btw @spaypanther, if you dont mind can you explain meaning of your nick? reason i'm asking is spay means to neuter in english..........

Enigmatic Desires
30-12-2009, 04:07 AM
hey ED, if you get the chinese airgun please update us on its performance. many of us would like to get a cheap airgun for plinking fun, and i gather the chinese is better built than the local ones.

btw @spaypanther, if you dont mind can you explain meaning of your nick? reason i'm asking is spay means to neuter in english..........

Sure Faraz bhai..

btw .. :lol::lol:

Salahuddin Ayubi
30-12-2009, 09:08 AM
ED, what's the body count so far?

Got any pics to share bro?

Enigmatic Desires
31-12-2009, 02:13 AM
ED, what's the body count so far?

Got any pics to share bro?

actuly.. It was an intersting expereince to day theleast.. this rat just staed at me contemtously and then turned around presenting its back side to me.

Such contempt from a hot female I can understand. but a bloomin rat!! soo I shot the bugger right in the rectum.. it disappeared. curiously I have yet to c a rat appear at that gril again..

Salahuddin Ayubi
31-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Your charm seems to be equally effective on rats.

Waisay, when was the last time you visited the zoo (or some safari). Would love to see what happens with some wild cats or maybe gorillas around. ;)

Enigmatic Desires
31-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Your charm seems to be equally effective on rats.

Waisay, when was the last time you visited the zoo (or some safari). Would love to see what happens with some wild cats or maybe gorillas around. ;)

(sigh) CHarm.. now ole man pied piper had charms.. oodles of em. I soo want to take a leaf from his book..

(Sigh) its back to my own species for me. Time to head to Lahore again

Denovo87
31-12-2009, 11:32 AM
soo I shot the bugger right in the rectum.. ..

Nice shot placement ED ;) would you be kind enough to tell what did you shoot that sweet spot with?

ay_be_why
31-12-2009, 05:33 PM
oh come on denovo sir... ;)

Dr Hanif Malik
01-01-2010, 09:05 PM
@local air guns made in sargodha are very effective for hunting.sadar armary ordered the twenty airguns through poiner arm delivery date was 25to31dec,already gone due to death of gunsmith mother,now delivery is expected mid janvary,and under 3k will be best for karachi member:)

SalmanHusain
01-01-2010, 11:51 PM
i have visited miensfield karachi last month and there were local airgun for 1k to 2 k and a spanish fibre body for 3k. i was asstonished to hear prices. the shop was owned by some borhi fellow in front of tyabblly adoobally shop....

Sensei
02-01-2010, 01:08 AM
Dear Salman will you please give me some more detail about
the Spanish synthetic stock airgun you saw there, the color and
was that .177 or 1 number bore or that was .22 or 2 number?
the size the look of that gun please elaborate thanks :)

SalmanHusain
02-01-2010, 02:15 AM
it was indeed .22 (local market no:2) i think it was used, dark green color synthetic body. was a shop in front of tayablly adoobally, was in display outside the shop with other local pakistani guns. the owner of shop was i think borhi..

Sensei
02-01-2010, 03:49 AM
Thank you Salman :)

SalmanHusain
02-01-2010, 06:24 PM
its my pleasure!!!

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-01-2010, 06:51 PM
That shop is the first arms shop on the right side of Mainsfield street if you are coming from Lucky Star side and the name is Hussain & Bros (or Co). I've dealt with them and they're reasonable people. Just deduct 30% of whatever they quote you to start the negotiation.

SalmanHusain
02-01-2010, 07:02 PM
@Salahuddin Ayubi
yes exactly this shop and thnks for given the 30% advice. i might go to lucky star in couple of days as iam out of pellets.

Salahuddin Ayubi
02-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Don't pay more than Rs. 450 per box for Pro-Magnum (Gamo) or if you're buying Gamo Match pellets, then not more than 350.

SalmanHusain
03-01-2010, 01:02 AM
thnks bro!!! r the hollow pint or sharp point available in GAMO becuz for sharp point pellets i buy pameer(kabul) 100rs for 100 pellets.

Salahuddin Ayubi
03-01-2010, 10:09 AM
I've never seen any hollowpoints in GAMO neither do I think any exists in pellets for airguns.

The ProMagnum (although not a sharply pointed as the Irani ones) are far more consistently accurate and lethal than these Iranis.

SalmanHusain
03-01-2010, 01:09 PM
but i have seen a varietyof pellets avialable on net of GAMO, iam also attachin a thread and thnks for the info...
http://www.gamousa.com/pellets.aspx
and r these guns available in thailand or pakistan??? http://www.gamousa.com/rifles.aspx

SalmanHusain
03-01-2010, 01:11 PM
http://www.aceros-de-hispania.com/gamo-pellet-characteristics.htm here is a GAMO table

Skeeter60
03-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Ok here is hte story..
A family of rats has managed t find hteir way inside the concrete ventilation grill in my home. The gril has a net screen to keep out undesirable critters.. the rats are busy eating it away.. Nohting I have tried has worked.. From beating em to stabbing em wiht my switch blade to even punching em!

cant blast em away with a fire arm.. it being an apartment complex an all .. I went to saddar today to get an airgun. a cheap disposible one.. that I wil proberly get rid off after punching a bunch of holes in the rats..

But the little shop in saddar that deals in airguns only has super snazzy scope equipped machines.. I am looking for a really cheap local one that i will subsequently get rid off..

Where can I find one of those?

ED
Take your favourite 22 rifle or pistol and buy a box of 22 shot loads these are loaded with No 12 shot these are lethal on rats ands mice. These are available at Lahore with Buksh Illahi and PARA Arms. Must wear eye protection

Enigmatic Desires
03-01-2010, 09:13 PM
soo I shot the bugger right in the rectum.. ..

Nice shot placement ED ;) would you be kind enough to tell what did you shoot that sweet spot with?

# 1 shot mated with a daisy..

P.S Its ok Aybwhy...

I m as deadpanned as they get....

Enigmatic Desires
03-01-2010, 09:15 PM
i have visited miensfield karachi last month and there were local airgun for 1k to 2 k and a spanish fibre body for 3k. i was asstonished to hear prices. the shop was owned by some borhi fellow in front of tyabblly adoobally shop....

That must be Mustufa an sons.. hmm I think it marits a vist

SalmanHusain
04-01-2010, 07:34 PM
its one of the starting few shops on righthand of mansfield road!!!

Enigmatic Desires
07-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Thanks SH wil check it once I get back from Lahore...

SalmanHusain
07-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Thanks SH wil check it once I get back from Lahore...
wow!!! ur in lahore... how is weather in lahore????