PDA

View Full Version : Expert opinion required for decision.

Sohaib Hassan
08-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Salam to all pak-gun members, after long waiting finally i was allowed to have personal weapon and I want to buy a repeater for hunting purpose. My pocket limit is 20,000Rs . Experts kindly suggest me a problem free repeater, I heard a lot about Baikal 153 but that exceeds my limit so any other imported repeater specially for wild bore hunting purpose.
Thanks.

Abu Al Hawl
08-12-2009, 10:11 PM
welcome on board bro, repeaters are not meant for hunting, its SD weapon, go for semi auto or DB, or overunder

Dr Hanif Malik
08-12-2009, 10:15 PM
@hunting is not allowed with repeater pls get o/u:)

Denovo87
08-12-2009, 10:17 PM
welcome on board bro, repeaters are not meant for hunting, its SD weapon, go for semi auto or DB, or overunder

Abu, Repeater is semi auto bro, its pump action I think you mixed it up with :)

AK47
08-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Denovo bro.......This info as well as the subsequent one by Dr. Hanif sb, both caught me one-legged! Think, to the best of my logic, got something to do with the code of ethics in hunting. Nothing else.

Sohaib Hassan
08-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Ok sir i want that gun for francolin and partridge hunting and bore hunting can be occasionally, I have seen many experts hunting partridges with repeater ......... Well i thought its purely hunter's gun.

Sohaib Hassan
08-12-2009, 11:17 PM

Abu, Repeater is semi auto bro, its pump action I think you mixed it up with :)
@ DENOVO87 +1

Sohaib Hassan
08-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Still waiting for positive feedback for making final Decision...Thanks

Abu Al Hawl
08-12-2009, 11:37 PM
denovo, repeater is pump action too, go and check the net.

Denovo87
08-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the info Abu, dont have to check the net as after your above statement my pump action turned into a repeater, without spending a penny :)

Tipu Sultan
09-12-2009, 12:05 AM
And my repeater got turned into a pump action now, considering that both are same :|
Not fair :rolleyes:

faisal balouch
09-12-2009, 12:11 AM
@ shoaib hassan, in my opinion the cheapest imported shot guns [semiauto] for hunting are the turkish made and are available from 35000 to 50000 .

Abu Al Hawl
09-12-2009, 12:15 AM
see you got phukat ka faida!!!

PrivateEye
09-12-2009, 12:44 AM
Getting a second hand double barrel, i guess is the best option you have. And by double barrels i mean SxS, O/U are more expensive. N getting a second hand DB is less risky compared to a semi, you never how the previous owner treated the gun. With DB you have more reliability on hand considering a second hand shotgun.

Enigmatic Desires
09-12-2009, 01:52 AM
+1 Private eye..

Sohaib Hassan
09-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Thanks All member .......... Now i have delayed my plan to purchase repeater and will increase my pocket limit and will positively purchase Bailkal 153......... Or 2nd option is to visit Raja Bazar ( Rawal Pindi) and will go for local 28" Barrel Repeater ,I think I'll find zafar alam's repeater their .......... Syed Sajjad at Raja Bazar is a nica man but charge alot..LOL ..... He Do have good variety so soon I'll visit him...

Sohaib Hassan
09-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Getting a second hand double barrel, i guess is the best option you have. And by double barrels i mean SxS, O/U are more expensive. N getting a second hand DB is less risky compared to a semi, you never how the previous owner treated the gun. With DB you have more reliability on hand considering a second hand shotgun.
Thanks Bro for suggestion but "Main Ta Repeater hi lasaan" ...LoL

Abu Al Hawl
09-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Den bro, please study carefully on the net about the difference, trust me repeater and pump action are the 2 names for one mechanism. semi autos are never called repeaters.

Malik1
09-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Denovo bro.......This info as well as the subsequent one by Dr. Hanif sb, both caught me one-legged! Think, to the best of my logic, got something to do with the code of ethics in hunting. Nothing else.

Thats right bro. I think it would be unfair with ducks or pheasants or what ever you shoot, if you have repeater. Give them also a fair chance :)

HasanJamshad
09-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Here is a little discussion going on about repeating guns or repeaters. Sir, locally we call semi auto shotguns REPEATERS, otherwise, any gun that is magazine fed(tubelor or box) manually fed(pump or lever), or automatically fed is called a repeator.
Calling exclusively semiauto shotguns a repeater is an our own thing.

Abu Al Hawl
09-12-2009, 09:14 PM
well am not talking about local terms, pump or repeater have sliding forearm handle (the pump) which also means that repeatedly pumping even called repeater. Repeaters are never called semi autos trust me. semis are always called semis.

HasanJamshad
09-12-2009, 09:25 PM
@ Abu Al Hawl, you are right, defenitely, terms SEMI AUTO and REPEATER describe different things all over the world.

Abu Al Hawl
09-12-2009, 09:26 PM
HJ, thanks!

Denovo87
09-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Den bro, please study carefully on the net about the difference, trust me repeater and pump action are the 2 names for one mechanism. semi autos are never called repeaters.

Thanks Abu bro for your sincere efforts to educate me :) repeating firearm is a single barrel rifle/shotgun containig more than one rounds in the magazine, operator can load/reload the round to chamber & cock the firing pin by pulling/pushing bolt,lever or moveable fore end. And these things (repeating arms) can either be MANUAL or SEMI AUTOS. Happy now USTAD JEE :)

One special note for you Abu, revolvers also fall in repeating firearms category. So would love to see you going to a gun store asking for a repeater handgun :)

Sherwan_88
10-12-2009, 01:28 AM
From what i know according to my little brain
There are four types of shotguns:

Double barrel shotgun : Break open action.
Single barrel shotgun : Slide Action [Quoted by wiki (slide action repeating shotguns)].
Single barrel shotgun : Self Loading Semi Automatic
Single barrel shotguns : Self loading Fully Automatic (PB, so no discussion, just info.)

So, whats the understanding here? if a "repeater" is which uses a repeating action then that means a "semi auto" is illegal too, the only difference is it loads the round it self, but uses a repeating action, doesn't make sense. From what iunderstand the pump action is illegal for hunting and the self loading semi auto is legal :rolleyes:
Way confusing and no sense at all.

TAREEN
10-12-2009, 07:44 AM
@Denovo87....... chhaaa gaaey ho sir.

The discussion reminds me of the points raised at the initial stages of our forum.

I wonder what @Sohaib Hassan is thinking about the help he was looking for!

Abu Al Hawl
10-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Den mere chote ya waday prah, read my advise n review carefully (at least 10 times) when did i say repeaters are semi autos, and also surf the net then again (10 times) and try to find out repeater as semi auto, from the 1st thread i'm saying *REPEATER IS NOT SEMI AUTO*

Denovo87
10-12-2009, 02:47 PM
I wonder what @Sohaib Hassan is thinking about the help he was looking for!

Sorry for drifting the discussion away from what OP intended. Actually Sohaib Hassan was asking for a repeater and he specifically quoted Biakal 153 which is repeater or semi aouto or what ever the machanism is called in US, Europe or Africa, he wants to have one within his 20000 budget, which I am afraid is bit low to buy one in NIB.
Abu bro I sure am your wada bhara, please try to read the age thread only once :) that is the place I got to know you are 29. Once you will know my age you definately would apreciate that I donot have to cosult the net even for once at least for explaining someone what is repeater (repeating firearm) and its evolution and it doesnt mean I was of your age in 1870 :lol:

Abu Al Hawl
10-12-2009, 04:28 PM
oops! my bad, PAA JEE MAINOO MAAF KAR DO. but still, am so stubborn, trust me repeater n semi autos are 2 diff things.

AK47
10-12-2009, 04:33 PM
FOR THE HEAVENLY GLOCK'S SAKE, STOP THIS WORD MINGLING! Abu, chotte mian, it.s O.K whatsover it is, and Denovo bro," prahwali marrun chup ho jullo, meharbani! Regards to both.

Abu Al Hawl
10-12-2009, 04:45 PM
he he he, am a problem child :lol: ok ok for the sake of an other WADA PRAH, am surrendering, humne hathyar daal diye :(

Denovo87
10-12-2009, 05:21 PM
:lol: :lol: I thought we were having a healthy adiscussion without any involvement of hathyars :)

AK47
10-12-2009, 05:28 PM
And now let's invite Mr. Hassan back to the thread! Match drawn.

Abu Al Hawl
10-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Den Prah, no worries udher Silakot se ya idther Karachi se koi aisi golli nahi jo duno sheron mein pohonch jai, toh agar Hatiyar nikal bhi jain toh koi faida naheen we are safe from each other :D

Denovo87
10-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Abu bro no hathyars at all what ever their MPBR is :) by the way I am comming to Karachi at GTG, whats your plan? anything you need from Sialkot?

Abu Al Hawl
10-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Den Prah, thanks a lot, Sialkot's soil would be more than any thing precious to me because my grand parents n my Marhoom parent belonged to that land. regret that i will not be there at the GTG because ill be leaving for Singapore on 19th Dec for a meeting.

PrivateEye
13-12-2009, 03:35 AM
BTW do we have Turkish or Russian single barrel shotguns available here?